gymnasticbodies.com/forum
antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Our very own Veeky Forums calisthenics king (unnoficially)
instagram.com/fedora_boi/

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges
-(Hill) Sprints

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l4tVfdTJLheLMwZBYqcw1oeEBPRh8mxngqrCz2YnVg/
torrentproject.se/39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac/Coach-Christopher-Sommer---Mastering-Gymnastic-Strength-Training---2014-torrent.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump
Someone fucking post

>tfw too cold to use your rings
I'm keeping my gains with a pair of dumbbells guys

It's never too cold user.
Warm up and do skill work inside, then go out and do whatever you gotta do.

the guy in the first vid has an amazing body what the fuck

And you can too!
Just do this one crazy ab workout 3 times a week!

bw a shit

>be me
>have never had visible abs in my life despite working out and doing compounds like Veeky Forums said
>try adding crunches, doesn't do anything
>try a couple of meme ab exercises to no avail
>decide to do hanging knee raises
>abs swell the fuck up
>by the time I'm doing full windshield wipers and hanging leg raises I look like a sick kunt

holy shit why didn't anyone tell me

I've been lifting weights for 1 year, 6'0'' x 80kg now, but i'll have to live without a gym for 1 month.

How do i start bodyweight? i have no equipment at all. Help

Tips on avoiding shoulder and elbow injuries when doing dips 3x a week for 5xF?

You're shit.

progression charts:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l4tVfdTJLheLMwZBYqcw1oeEBPRh8mxngqrCz2YnVg/

my personal experience with ring dips is that after doing them for a while, once I'm warmed up my shoulders are good to go for however many dips I'm doing to failure. I would just start slow so your pectoral girdle has time to strengthen and build up; once it's strong, you're going to have a way lower risk of shoulder injury than a normal lifter. Still have to be super careful though.

so I would make sure you're using parallettes and practicing forward leans or frogs or whatever they're called. That helps too. Then get some rings and just start RTO dips, but go slow.

also, to warm up, I use a band and hold my arms straight out and grab the band with both hands, then I'll take it up and over my head all the way down to lower back with my arms straight the whole time, do this a bunch of times and then do your parallette shit to warm up your shoulders and you'll be good to go my man

Here's a good start.You can check bw subreddit or Foundation series books.
Here's torrent: torrentproject.se/39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac/Coach-Christopher-Sommer---Mastering-Gymnastic-Strength-Training---2014-torrent.html

Italian masterrace

just starting out, how are you supposed to be sure of your form, especially when working out alone and learning everything aside from the obvious things freshly?

thanks a lot brah, will give it a go

Record form and ask for form check either here or bw sub reddit.

Are pull up assistance bands worth the money? I can't do a single fucking pull up and have nothing in the house I can use to assist me so am thinking about buying one of those, they're only £15 but don't wanna buy one and find out they're just being shilled

just do sets of negatives, they build the strength for pullups extremely quick
that being said, having a set of bands is nice for warmups and rehab work and stuff of that nature

This.
I manage to go from 0 to 2, so far.
Not really impressive, but negatives works.

Bump

Bump
Someone fucking post

Any one got any solid one hand push up tutorial?
I can't get the motion right.

Manlet gains.

i run a calisthenics routine, but one of my shoulders is hypermobile so i progress alot slower than i should, cause that fucker hurts sometimes
any exercises i can do that directly target this problem?
i already do alot of external rotation stuff but that only seems to help minimally

is gunning to cut from 176 lbs to 150 lbs while at 6'0 too much? I want to effectively do Bodyweight and I know shit is easier the lighter you are. Is it fine
if I cut that low if I'm a skinnyfat at like 20% bf?

IMO 150 lbs at 6'0 is entering a skelly territory.
If you want to do this for aesthetic reasons, sure, go for it. If you do this for bodyweight to be easier it's pointless.

I used to be spooky skelligton but started eating more and doing bodyweight and can now do 20 chin-ups from standing with feet on the floor. But I can't do a single chin-up from hanging with feet crossed. What muscle do I have to work and what exercises will make me able to do real chin up from hanging position. bls respond

you might not have the scapular strength? try scapular pullups

thanks m8!

>Got to 3x10 assisted squats
>Start doing unassisted
>Can't get to 3x4
>Fuck it I'll keep trying, I don't wanna go back to assisted

After 3 weeks of trying unassisted and only getting to 3x4 ONCE, tomorrow I'm going back to unassisted. feels fucking bad to regress

forgot to say, im going back to unassisted because after 3 weeks of failure I gradually lost a lot of strength

Bumping as good to see this back on Veeky Forums even as a bber/powerlifter

when practicing planche, at this point leans and one leg tuck, how can i tell if my scapula are winging or correctly positioned

Would it be okay to turn p90xdoubles into p270xdoubles? (workout, rest, rest, workout.etc) Or would the amount of resting time interfere with gains. I'd be running between workout days.
I'm not in any hurry to grow and I figure allowing muscles ample time to heal would mean lowish effort with proportionally big rewards

Anybody with right hand dominant get pain on the side of their left shoulder after doing lots of pushups/variations?

im the opposite lol, for a while i was getting pain on my dominant side, i think i fixed it for the most part though
sorry, wish i could help

What'd you do to fix it? Just curious and it might help with my problem

i did a ton of band work, external rotations for days and a ton of band rows. i never really stretched, so i started doing that a bunch. finally i did a bunch of thoracic spine mobility work cause some user recommended it to me.
i have no clue if all of it helped or only some of it helped but it got the pain to stop so yea.
and yea, we may have completely different issues so yea.
good luck

i am doing it for the aesthetic reason of dropping BF% unless i dont need to go that low and i just need to hit like 160 lbs

what can i do to work on the transitional portion of a muscle up, the part where i transfer from pullup to single bar dip.
trying to learn it without kipping/too much momentum

Bump

I do these excersizes and do ropeless rock climbing 3 times a week, arms are getting pretty big, chest is getting kinda bigger but abs aren't happening. I know they recover faster than other muscles but even when I do a shitton of crunches they never feel pumped like other muscles do. Is that normal? Should I be just doing more crunches and hanging leg raises?

If you want to lose bf just eat under TDEE, add some cardio if you want it faster. BW and lifting are for gaining strenght/muscle (although with lifting it's IMO faster).

Try planks and leg raises as you mentioned.
Here's good progression.

You don't feel pump because abs probably don't get enough resistance. More crunches won't do the trick, you'll just get better at doing crunches, but not gain much more muscles.

Shoulder dislocates/lat flys

Hi! It has been a year since my last workout routine. I managed to do reddit's recommended routine for 2 months straight (I know...). I have never done anything since.

Anyways, should I continue reddit's routine or should I go for another one? I literally hate doing L-sits. It was probably the reason why I quit. Everything else was really enjoyable especially the handstands.

Try flutter kicks (4-count), they're pretty killer.

If you enjoy it then do it. Nobodys forcing you to do the L-sits, but if you don't like them it is probably because you are weak in that area. Try doing leg raises and support holds in place of them.

so, am I wrong? i've already started and am eating well, is it a good strategy?

Bump

Bump

hi former /plg/ fag here, I used to have some pretty decent lifts back in highschool (around 2 years ago) but my diet was poor as fuck, ended up getting sick of lifting and the gym just makes me think of forcing liters upon liters of milk in my stomach and then deadlifting around 4 plate, (yes i fell for GOMAD) which was never a comfortable experience, I cleaned up my diet a bit ended up getting really into yoga and cardio, and lost all my gains.

i'm trying to get my old physique back (or get bigger) than pic related, which was me around 2015

sorry for the block of text but another question I have is, I know that many of the body weight movements are compound exercises, so how do you know when your program is solid? do the variations just cater to what you're looking for in your physique or are they important to your program?

i have a few more questions but ill end this here for now

should probably put some stats in, around the time the pic was taken i was
5'11 and 163lbs, at 17 years old
and now i'm 6'1 and 149lbs at 19 years old

I do ppl 6x a week
Push is:
>Planche stuff
>Dip progressions
>Handstand push ups
>Push ups

Pull
>Front lever/ back lever
>Pullups
>Chins
>Tuck front lever rows

Legs/abs
>Jump squats
>Shrimp squat
>Pistols
>Sprints
>Back bridges
>Dragon flags
>Back extensions
>Ab wheel

I'll give you some of my thoughts on this, though I'm not an expert so if anyone feel like correcting me go for it.

>so how do you know when your program is solid?
When it's working all of my body. Also when there's progression (but that's longterm).

>do the variations just cater to what you're looking for in your physique or are they important to your program?

Both in a way. Generally you do different variation to hit different muscles, but sometimes you need different muscles to perform next progression even though it's suppose to mainly hit other muscles. For example I switched from decline planks to one leg planks. Even though this exercise is mostly for abs, I fail to hold it for long because my legs can't handle it.

Why is it that I can manage 20 strict form pull-ups but I can't do a single muscle up?

Started doing a lot more bodyweight exercises because I realised even though I deadlift 140kg (not impressive I know but still twice my bodyweight) not being able to do muscle ups and things like that just sucks.

Do lower reps of explosive pull ups.

Anyone have lower back exercises?
t. Herniated fag

Oddly enough I've been trying that recently and I can get noticbly higher.

There's so many videos on different people's versions of explosive pull-ups that you can find though.

ive been told russian dips help with the transitional phase of muscle ups

I'm kind of limited in terms of what i can do with my legs because i have limited rom in my ankles and tight calves, would hill sprints and pistol squats be good enough for legs?

besides that, would a daily fullbody program reap the same results as a PPL program for bodyweight? cause when i powerlifted i'd have programs like texas method which is full body 3x a week, and canditos which is 4-5 days a week on an upper/lower split

I'll throw those in too then.

Generally I'm doing AxBxCxR, with ABC being weight sessions, x being bodyweight and R being the rest day. You guys think this is overdoing it?

would a daily program reap the same results as a split? or no?

Poorfag here, I got up to doing 1 plate ohp/2 bench/3 squat for 10 reps a piece, but had to stop lifting for a few months. Is pic related and a 2.5 mi run every night a good place to start?

yes and no, conivict condition isn't the greatest in terms of routines. I feel like you can cut out like half of the progressions in there, and the rep scheme is targeted at high ass volume.
i'd recommend what this user posted either the startbodyweight, or foundation, they're more well rounded and have better progressions. start at whatever progression you feel comfortable with. and yea running pairs well with it

When working core should I do static exercises first or last. ex: should I do planks, l-sit, etc first or last, because I also want to do things like leg raises.

how many days a week should I be doing this? On/on/off?

Can I bulk by using body weight workouts

Edit*along side with a high calorie diet that will make me gain weight

in the beginning it shouldnt matter, but you should have a day of rest between working muscle groups. so if you wanna do full body either every other day, or three days a week like mon wed fri.
of course

you forgot to include foundation magnet
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

Just finished my battle with flu, 2 weeks of not lifting, hold me /bwg/

Hello friends and family its fedora boi.
I just wanted to say that im flattered to be mentioned as calisthenic king but i dont post much on Veeky Forums anymore and dont plan to. I just search bwg on catalog sometimes to see if it still exists but dont expect to see much more of me.
Good luck with your training everyone and my advice to you is to stop visiting this board completely like i have. This place is one giant echo chamber that looks down upon anything out of the norm(like how they look down upon calisthenics) and dismisses most styles of training. Not to mention people here will try to make you more insecure about anything like height, face or whatever. Maybe things have changed but i highly doubt it and this board will only have a negative affect on your life.

there's a book Handstand One and Two
rep wise what was your progression, were you eating/sleeping enough?
watch video then make pictures of yourself on the points you are not sure and compare
front lever when you lift legs from ground motion, that is my opinion
not sure what are you asking
try Foundation
superman hold
pls go
In Foundation there's a ton of ab work, personally I do the dynamic ones first

3x4-8 just seems like barely anything

thats why you want to be doing the hardest progression you can do

3x5 handstand pushups are no joke

Do I really need a fucking 6 day rest in-between exercises like in New Blood program? I feel like it's such a fucking waste plus with pull-ups I only do one set anyways, since I'm below 10 reps.

that's what you get with meme-tier program, I do Foundation myself

You just didn't give it a shot.

Also why does my midsection not hurt on the next day after knee-tucks? Every other muscle group hurts as fuck when I do it properly.

different user, but i wouldnt give it a shot if it meant >10 reps a week lol

So you haven't even read CC. That's how fucking bad this thread is. Exercising every week is the noob program, the next one I think is more dense.

no, no i read the first two, it was a fun read and got me encouraged to work out. The only take aways i had from it were the grip strength section, human flag progression and general philosphy, but the whole prison theme seemed pretty bullshit to me.
also the routine looked like shit

i did reddit's routine when i started then switched to antranik's ppl after a few months

Prison is just a theme.

> decided to do reddit's routine instead of Paul Wade's
That right there is everything that's wrong with humanity. How could you determine it "looked like shit" if you clearly didn't know anything (and probably still don't)?

lmao chill
You right i still dont know shit
On the bright side im not stuck doing 6 pullups a week. Instead im working on my muscle ups and planches which is fun as fuck. Not doing 5x500 knee pushups once a week lol
you'd think i insulted your mother or something with how dramtic you are

I'm just mad at retards. Though it's probably a year since it was time for me to move to a harder program but I procrastinate.

What's the longest rest period between reps for push ups that doesn't rob me of my strength gains?

sets* not reps

You don't know how anatomy works retard. You can make your rest couple of hours - if you got time. Unless you want endurance in which case minimize rest.

Norm is 3 to 5 minutes depending on body type.

>mid section
do you mean abs? abs is a bit different from other muscles, same goes for legs, you need to hit them REAL hard to have DOMS

>You just didn't give it a shot.
when I switched from lifting to bw(plus lifting) I found it to be the best program on paper, it actually works progression wise so I stuck to it

eh when I'm in low rep range I was fine with resting according to be, that is doing mobility, but when I hit 10+reps in a set, I needed a 5min rest of I would fail set, different muscles need different rest, I have two timers for my rest, one is 4mins the other 6mins, the timer includes my time of doing the actual set

> do you mean abs?
No you fucking moron I mean midsection which includes all "abs" as well as waist and some obliques.
> abs is a bit different from other muscles, same goes for legs
No it fucking doesn't. With legs it's easy for me to train so that the next 3 days they hurt as living fuck. With abs I do it until it's fucking impossible but no pain afterwards. Like even when I stop there's just no fucking pain. It' bullshit. What's DOMS?

Right now 20 is a manageable number that feels difficult but not impossible whilst maintaining perfect form.

Ideally I'd like to be able to eek out ~65 in 2 minutes. Should I continue doing perfect form push ups in a slow controlled manner or should I practice speed sets?

>depending on body type
Also
Anatomy has nothing to do with physiology you fucking dipshit. Shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about.

>Anatomy has nothing to do with physiology
this is the most retarded thing I've ever read on fit, and brother I've read a few

can you do the 65 push ups total without rest? not sure why is that your goal, but you need to train endurance, when you can do 65 push ups then work on your speed

way to read between the lines

are you new

>Just finished my battle with flu, 2 weeks of not lifting, hold me /bwg/

I feel you m8.
It's my 3rd day I wake up little weak and with scratching in my throat. It goes away after I eat breakfast, but I'm afaraid I might wake up soon with full blown flu or something.

shit man, get some vitamin C in you and garlic

Both my legs fell off a month ago

Duh, that's what I've been doing since it started.

At least you still got arms.

/bwg/ I'm a complete noob when it comes to lifting and bodyweight exercises, but I made a routine and wanted to know your opinion on a couple of things.

Deep Squats 3x8
Pull ups (over hand and under)
Pike push ups 3x8
Flat Straight Les Raises 3x8
Push ups
Leg-supported dips 3x8
Inverted Rows (straight legs) 3x8
Wall Plank

I will change these to something more difficult when I can reliably do 3 sets of 8, but I'm having trouble with Pike Push ups, they're infuriating to get the correct form for, any tips or something I can replace them with?