QTDDTOT - Friendly Food Edition

What's a good way to get 200 calories of carbs that isn't going to bloat me late at night? No oats.

Other urls found in this thread:

ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/beef/show
muscleandstrength.com/exercises/cable-crunch.html
youtube.com/watch?v=E_FenCXyRXE
youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo
youtube.com/watch?v=s1VRgibzF0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you weigh food before or after it's cooked when calorie counting?

Depends on the food. If it was boiled, then before. If it was grilled, depends on the meat. I weight chicken after grilling because the fats don't move much and it'll lose mostly water. Ground meat needs to factor the lost fats. There's actually a calculator online that shows the calories based on fat amount

What calculator? There are just so many things out there that it's hard to know whats accurate.

Doing starting strength. is it okay to do both OHP and bench on the same day if it's babbyweight and progress from there?

ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/beef/show

you're not doing SS if you change it at all, but yeah it should be fine. you could also alternate between upper and lower body compounds so you can maintain that for longer. i'd suggest squatting first always, and then doing bench or ohp second, then deads, then whatever you didnt do second. you should, however, reduce the weight by 10-15% if you're doing it as a 4th movement at least when you first start.

i burn about 5000 calories a week in cardio, on top of a ~600 calorie per day deficit. will most/all of the extra energy i burn take off fat, or is there a max speed at which someone can lose fat after which muscle starts breaking down?

Should I buy a hydromax pump for them penis gains?

yes

Not if you want to follow starting strength.

Can a bulged disc heal.
Yes I've done pt and epidural.
Does swimming help
Will I ever be able to lift again.

no
won't help
no
never

Question about calorie deficit/cut

I have since childhood eaten whenever, whatever I like at any/all times of the day. 2500 plus calories a day. Naturally I am 5'7" 230 fatty.

Saturday I started eating a deficit. I tracked every piece of food I ate on my phone with a fitness app. I totaled about 1600 calories. Towards the middle of Saturday I got a bit shaky but I went ahead and ate a yogurt with oats and strawberries and I was good for the next 3 hours till dinner.

I have also tracked my food intake today and am sitting at ~1400 calories. I have "felt" hungry for these past two days but I have been ignoring the urge to eat and drinking some water to help cope.

My question is, is this normal? I feel energized and ready to go. My mood has even improved. Am I finally on the path? Is this what it will always feel like?

Is it normal for my kid to eat so much? He's 17, but he's 6'5" and weighs like, 230 or something. I'll see him eat snacks that are at least 8-900 calories in a sitting and barely be full. He's definitely not fat, but not Veeky Forums either, I'd consider him skinnyfat. I'm getting him into fitness more now, but it's really surprising for me to see him eat so much no problem. Is that normal for a kid, and is it healthy if he's trying to get Veeky Forums?

I should mention that he's a big kid (4U), way bigger than most adults, and he got through MEPS just fine so he can't be too unhealthy.

how long would it take to reach an aesthetic physique similar to kinobody?
>inb4 kinobody on that jamba juice

yeah, its normal. your body is used to a certain volume of food and energy intake per day, so its just saying "bro, why arent we eating?" give it some time

Are there any PT studs ITT who can recommend me a good routine for acing my PFT? I'm shipping out in five months and my score is pretty low, I feel like that's enough time to get it back up though.

can someone please tell me what cable crunch form is correct

jason blaha:
muscleandstrength.com/exercises/cable-crunch.html

or literally everyone else:
youtube.com/watch?v=E_FenCXyRXE

asking because im doing ice cream fitness and he is adamant you shouldn't stray from his workouts

Bump

My right arm is a bit bigger than my left. I honestly can't help but use my right arm more because that's basically what I use for everything in life.

I can't afford a set of dumbbells right now. Would it possible to add an extra 2.5 lbs on the left side to even it out? Would that work?

no, it'd fuck up your balance and increase your risk of injury. the rate at which strength and muscle mass increase is relative to how far from the muscle's max potential it is. both arms have the same potential, one is just used more. as you get both arms stronger, your left will maintain growth slightly longer than your right and they'll even out over time. doing unilateral work like dumbbell/cable curls is an easy way to make sure the volume and stress is equal, but it's still possible with only compound movements.

you're tested on pull ups, crunches, and your 3 mile time. so, do a lot of running, pull ups, and crunches.
youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo

Thanks. I have been forcing myself to do more things in my life with my left hand - brushing my teeth, using my phone/computer, eating, masturbating, etc. with my left hand. Is this a good idea or a waste? After months it still feels awkward.

Popcorn

Not kidding. 100g is 400kcal. And its pure compex carbs.

Just have it unsalted and non buttered.

Anyone here lift with carpal tunnel syndrome?

Why the fuck would you listen to anything Blaha says? Why the fuck would you follow the routine of a guy with subpar lifts who looks like pure garbage?

it's not a bad idea, but in the long run it wont do anything other than improving manual dexterity.

I want my biceps to get bigger. Should I do high volume curls daily, curls till failure every other day, or progressive overload 2 or 3 times a week?

Can I do something other than 5x5 for bench press? I never feel fatigue or a pump in my pecs and triceps, I'll just be able to hit one rep and then fail the next.

>progressive overload 2 or 3 times a week
this is always the answer to "how do i get (X) bigger?" do it after your compounds, with a day or two of rest between each session

yes, you can, but being tired, sore, or pumped isn't a good metric for what constitutes a good workout. if you're getting stronger, you're getting bigger. feel free to add in incline bench/flies or pecdec or dips. standard hypertrophy range, 2-3 sets 6-15 reps

I know that soreness isn't required to have a good workout but when I squat or deadlift my muscles feel like they have been worked. I don't get the same feeling with bench press even if I had gotten 5/5/5/4/3. If that happened with squats I would feel it in my quads and Glutes.

What is this red line I get on my belly ;-;

then i'd suggest doing 5x5 bench first and then cable or dumbbell work
looks like a scar m8. could also just be redness from skin folding over, but idfk

1400 is a little low
you've got 60 pounds to lose
it took a long time to add it and it will take time to lose it
find a decent between meal snack with 100 cals to fill in the hunger gap

>take yohimbe fasted 30 minutes before liss
>do 1 hour of liss

How much longer to i need to wait to break the fast after cardio for the optimal effects of the Y?

if you're not already sub-14% yohimbe wont do anything.
2 hours or so, by the way.

that's where the aliens made the surgical cut to probe you. it's fine should heal up fast

pay no attention to the beeping sound

crease from poor posture

Two afters after cardio correct? Thanks btw.

*hours

yep, good luck.

I was doing a reverse curl and my elbow had a wierd sensation, like a rubber band rolling across it. It doesn't hurt but it feels really odd. What happened?

i have pretty strong pecs for somone just starting but i'm still not getting that line underneath them, i'm worried that it still won't be there after i lose the weight
what should i do to look good?

lift

yeah no shit
i mean like, what do i specifically need to do to get that defined chest? is it just all about the size of the pecs or is there more to it?

5'10 180 lbs. Up 15 from October. Do I have enough muscle to cut or should I aim to gain a few more lbs?

You're fat and have no muscle. Don't fucking worry about it, just start lifting and eating right. Save the details for a year or two from now.

>somone just starting
key phrase. the strength you start at has more to do with neural efficiency than raw muscle. your pecs are too small and bodyfat too high to see them clearly, so lift more and diet down. you don't have much muscle, so how can you realistically expect definition?

Would girls like me better if I started referring to my hamstrings as "my hammers"?

How much broader can you make your shoulders by lifting?

It happens when you slouch. Fox your posture and it won't appear, plain and simple.

Caloric goal is 1780
>tfw always hungry
>willpower where art thou
>when will the ride end?
>hold me Veeky Forums

Stats
>age 23
>weight 177lbs
>height lmao 5'7

>Dieting, trying to lose weight
>Want to start lifting
>Have a set of dumbells

Where should I start, never lifted or really worked out before. Also i'm female if it matters

Serious question. I have an avg sized dick (2.5 in => 6 in).

However, after I take shower or in cold temperatures, my dick may shrink all the way to below 1 in.

It makes me insecure as hell to take shower at the gym.

What can I do?

Read the stickyyyyyyy

Also
>join a gym and start squatting

Shower at home?

1 potatoe diced and fried in 1 tsp of oil.

Whats a good app for tracking daily nutrition intake?

Squat stalling at just over 300 lbs, having trouble completing sets of 5 due to lack of air. Any thoughts?

How long will I take to unbloat myself? Drank like 10 liters of water/light coke over the weekend

That is literally how every single man's dick works, user. Nobody in the gym shower is sizing you up just get over it - or shower at home

So I was recommended to eat a bunch of complex carbs to help me cut while giving me tons of energy to use throughout my long workday. What exactly though do I start buying? Oats? Beans? I've never bought those before and don't know how to prepare them.

How do you measure the breadth of your shoulders?

It depends on what you're measuring it with. A package or even online labels should say shit like "when raw/cooked/drained/etc".

Let's say you have 100g of chicken and it loses, idk, 20g of water weight in cooking just as an example.
Now you have 80g of chicken with the same caloric content of 100g raw, meaning 80g raw will have less calories than 80g cooked. So if you mistakenly calculate the calories based on the raw weight, you'll be getting more than you think.

i would like to add to the other anons post, on progressive overload, that, biceps (and back in general) can handle ALOT of volume.

My biceps didnt really start growing until i began doing between 10 and 12 sets of 10.

it seems like alot at first but believe me, you can handle it
just be careful about tendinitis, dont push it too hard and always have good form

Kids eat loads, especially big teenage boys, all that growing. Trashy snacks aren't really made to be filling though, and most teenagers probably aren't very mindful of what they're eating. When I was a teenager, I could down an amerifat sized bucket of popcorn on my own during the length of a movie then happily get dinner, and I was only about 10kg overweight. As an adult I'd be hard pressed to finish a small (and not just because small has become the new large) simply because I've stopped growing, my diet's a lot more filling and nutritious, and I've generally just become kinda disgusted by that kind of gluttony and junk food.

I probably wouldn't worry too much, so long as he's eating proper meals too and isn't observably getting fatter and fatter.

but why?

What's that stuff that's good for your joints? I think it starts with a G.

how many slices of pizza does it normally take to get a belly pump?

Lifting, getting enough sleep and a varied, healthy, diet. Which include Omega-3 products.

Ive been lifting for 7 months now, went from 130lbs to now 185lbs @ 5'10 and i've aquired almost 16" arms but also a big gut. Should I cut this early or should i keep bulking? Im afraid im going to look like a skeleton again if i cut. But I also dont want to get fatter.

my back grows quickly from simply doing DB rows 4 sets of 8, and heavy chin ups.

Biceps the same, just find a good exercise that targets the biceps and chin ups.
Why would biceps, a tiny muscle, need 10-12 sets of 10 in a workout? jsut train it 3 times a week, and get some volume. It will make anything grow.

Silly question. My anatomy teacher mentioned a TENS machine (basically, those ab-belt commercials that advertised ab development while watching TV). She said of course it didn't get rid of body fat percentage. Upon reading and looking at it, it looks like one of the applications is to put it on your glutes to exercise the glutes. I kinda had to take a break from squats for two weeks (since I was starting to get cartilage issues between my first toe metatarsal and the phallanx) and may need to give it a res for another weekt. I do want to have nicer ass and thighs by July or so. Would it help to get a TENS machine in conjunction with squats and calorie reduction?

I need something explained.

So 1lb is roughly 3500 calories, depending on the person and whatnot.
Let's say, for the sake of argument, my maintenance is 3500 a day then.

IF I don't eat a single thing that day, then I just lost 1lb, right? Well, my question is this: is there a way to tell what exactly that 1lb was? How much of it was water weight? How much was fat and muscle?

Hold up, I went full retard there. Ignore the top part, I basically just need the bottom part explained: how to tell what the weight loss really was.

So : I'm having to take Lexapro to control my Moods, but my family members who have been on it all have dealt with weight gain. I'm trying to cut and I've already dealt with an increased level of hunger despite the fact that before I went on the medication I was fine with my cut Diet.

Does anyone have any recommendations or means of dealing with this besides "WILLPOWER" such as a diet book or something I could read on? Cause it feels like I'm fucked because right now I either choose to fix my head or my body.

those machiens doesnt do shit. They MAY have a value in people who recently got stroke, and apralyzed individuals, but not in healthy adults.
And stop squatting on your toes. the weight should be evenly spread between the ball of your big toe, the outer side of your foot and heels.
You can do hip thrusts with most of the weight on your heels. Its the best exercise for the glutes, do them weighted when you can do 12 reps with bodyweight.
Squats and a hamstring exercise is good enough for legs.

TENS wont do anything.

For the next 3 months I only have access to a bench press with oly barbell. Will deadlifts alone be enough for legs? Should I add cleans or something?

Power Cleans and Front squats

I mix bananas, strawberries, honey, and peanut butter into my oats. Sometimes i add nuttella and almonds.

It gives me ultimate power in the mornings.

Does anyone else create their own super foods this way or am i alone in my genius?

Read "the perfect health diet".

Should help with hunger + mental side

Does anyone here train there serrated anterior by doing pullovers and can tell me if they're worth it ?

Because I'm a weird ass nigga with a coke zero addiction

Most of my exercises are 5 sets 10 reps is that ok? Or should I be doing lower reps with heavier weight.

yes it is is perfect, well done man keep it up. you are me 6 months ago and i feel fucking good now

You dun goof'd m8, should have cut at a less aggressive surplus and you wouldn't be so fat

Kinda food related I guess. Asked it before but didn't get an answer.

I'm on a cut since 2 months and currently on a brosplit. I want to do 5/3/1 but I'm not sure if even makes sense going for a strengh workout while cutting.
Please give advice

Try and mix in a couple days where you lift heavy for fewer reps.

You are actually suppose to be doing a strength routine while cutting so you don't lose your CNS adaption gains (i.e. Strength).

Bro splits focus on TUT in the hypertrophy range to build muscle, which you won't be doing on a cut

55 lbs in 7 months? Well, its too late to cut for summer with that kind of weight. May as well bulk until next spring and then cut at a huge surplus.

You just described PHAT

Whats a good easy routine for aesthetics I can do with only dumbells in my bedroom?

yo Veeky Forums

I do Curls before I do OHP.
could this fuck my progress on the OHP ?

would it be cool to just take a longer pause between the two and so some stretching ?

also
I feel like my back should be more upright when squatting.
but at the same time I can't be more upright !
could my calf mobility fuck me over ?

Could I get a form check?
>youtube.com/watch?v=s1VRgibzF0o
I feel like I'm going to start arching my back when the weight goes up, but I'm not sure how to maintain tightness. Also is it chill to just touch the floor at the bottom or do I need to drop it completely?

Why does my upperbody continue to expand at an alarmingly rapid rate even though I dropped all upperbody exercises from my routine months ago?

I started out running SL at a -500 calorie deficit but after a couple months I was not liking how my shoulders and chest widened considerably without any positive changes in my lower body, so I switched to the SC program that only includes lower body lifts with no upperbody whatsoever. But for months STILL my chest and shoulders keep getting measurably bigger. Should I stop lifting altogether? I am interested in a feminine physique but lifting has given me an intense inverted triangle shape. I'm not even eating a surplus.. what gives? I barely even do compounds anymore for fear of making my upperbody even more disproportionate.

Can someone give me a rundown on whether it's good, bad, or irrelevant whether I do my calisthenics routine in the morning before breakfast or at night after dinner? I'd like some sources too instead of just anecdotes and broscience.

How do I get my running distance better as quickly as possible? Should I train every day? I can't even make a mile at the moment