How long can Veeky Forums plank for and does planking help you a lot?

How long can Veeky Forums plank for and does planking help you a lot?

For about 2 minutes and I'd say it's an okay ab exercise

A minute but my arms feel tired often before my abs do.

Yes, planks are great.

Tbh the ab exercise that has really helped me out the most though is the ab crunch machine.

why are planks so boring? reeeeeeeeee

i do a 90 second plank daily, but have seen no gains from it.

The one where your sitting upright or laying down? My gym has 2 versions of it and im not sure which one to use

Also how much weight/# reps do you usually do

I can do about 70-80 seconds, still working on it.
Its helpful.

Of course you haven't. Why haven't you gone for longer amounts of time, added multiple sets, and added weight to your back? Do you not even progressive overload, bro?

Will doing a 2 min plank and plank variations plus an ab wheel everyday develop nice abs?? Is that too much?

it ius one of the very few ways to target the transverse abdominis, which is very important, but vacuums are much better in this regard. planking will build your endurance for body weight routines tho

I have a friend sit on my back to make it more fun :D

Planks aren't going to do anything on their own

currently at 3 sets of 135 seconds. I'll be upping that next week though

>does the same, barely strenuous activity every day
>guiz i'm not making gains
jesus christ

All planks do is make you better at doing planks

all deadlifts do is make you better at doing deadlifts

The longest I ever did was 5 minutes. Can't now because I got depressed and gained like 40 lb since. Down 10 again though, so I'm getting back on the fucking horse.

I usually start with planks as a warm up for my ab routine (60 seconds of normal planking, 30 seconds on each side)

I can hold one for over 10 minutes. But I'm a bodyweight fag and things like planche carried over tremendously.

Use an ab wheel

Do ab reels really work that well? Been working out for 3 years now and always just thought they were a meme desu

what is progressive overload

they're good for your posture!

It's good if you do it properly and keep within your limit. I'd still do planks alongside it for good measure.

it's like muscle confusion

yes?

how r u

That bitch make my dick plank

I did 20 minutes once, hated every second of it

i usually plan what im going to jack off to when i get back from the gym

going for 3 minutes tomorrow

Keep at it bro,we're all gonna make it

>no way to load more than 20kgs solo
how do I progress on planks? I can hold 20 for 90s, seems like a good time to increase weight, but HOW?
last time I used a backpack it swung forward and almost fucking killed me

Ask someone. But I'll just assume you're too autistic for that.

>s-sir can you could p-please place this plate on my back so i can do w-weighted planks?
>...sure bud
>thanks!
>okay ready?
>yup!
>zyzz places the plate on your back
>your form is so bad the plate breaks your spine
>writhing in pain you faint from embarrassment and piss yourself

this is the most likely outcome, forget your plank gains

So why bother

w-whats wrong with her belly button. someone just shanked her?

Instead of planking for 2 minutes, why not do 2 minutes of pushups? You're planking while getting your swole on ...

this week I plank (not the bitch elbow plank, the normal straight arms plank) for 4x48s

ITT: A painful way to waste time

all living does is make you die

Thats retarded, they make you better at power cleans too. Which make you better at controlling the inertia of heavy bars

Wow TIL elbows are the bitch way, who knew. Thanks based user

when was the last time you impressed someone with your plank 1rm you fucking neek

muscles under tension. Ever squatted against a wall and stayed static at quads parallel....bet you can't last 60sec.

Don't listen to this idiot, the pushup plank changes your leverage so you're holding yourself up with your arms and shoulders instead of your core, it's much easier to hold for time if you have upper body strength and doesn't target the core as much, which was probably your goal when you decided to plank.

...brap?

2+minutes
I plank maybe once a month. maybe.

>complaining abloom not seeing results from literally 90 seconds

...That seems like a pretty good point.

Like 3 minutes

Honestly, if you are able to do a minute, you should be doing other variations.

I did 3 minutes yesterday. Although you can cheat a lot by moving your ass in the air.

OH is that the babybeast crossfit grill?

What? How do you wear a backpack in a way that it can swing forward while planking? It stays on your back, doesn't it?

You can cheat even more by just lying.
I can plank for 30 million years, get on my level.

as if 3 min is hard to do

I started planking first last monday.

Haven't stopped yet. Typing with my tongue.

are you supposed to twitch like Michael J Fox on coke when you do it?

>Add weights = core strenght
>Plank duration = Endurance

thanks for pointing that out user

almost fapped

3 sets of 5minutes, as part of a core circuit doing 5min "reps" of different exercises

>4 point planks
Baby tier.
till trying to progress to dragon flag.
Shits hard yo.

It's just the pussy bro. 7Iegs 7vaginas.

1:30 is getting hard on a day when I've already trained. 2 min if I'm fresh.

i can do 3 90 second planks

Feels good

lel 90 seconds.
I do 2 sets of 5min and my lifts are intermediate

Wow, sounds like a blast :D

I can do planks seemingly forever, but I get bored quickly, so I stop.
And I am not some beastmode guy, but rather a skinny normie. So I assume I am doing something wrong.

Ab exercises suck. The whole web is filled with thousands of >how to get fantastic abs!!!!111!!! advices and vids (though the >get a nice bikini figure for the comin summer variant at least provides some nice viewing material) that are generally laughead at by Veeky Forums, yet everyone here also hates everyone elses workout. Fuck. Yeah, sure, I apreciate the look too, but I just want some core strength for climbing.

I guess I'm just going to go for pic related.

A C-section scar, maybe?

You cannot overwork your abs

Yes you can.

when i started lifting i used to do planks everyday, 6 months after i could do a static plank for about 1'0 minutes, not even joking, 10 fucking minutes, i used to watch how i met your mother, during my sets of planks, i did 10 minutes watching one part, 1 minute rest, then more 10 minutes or so, now i learned what a ab wheel is and i have abs now

>I can do planks seemingly forever

Add weight.

squeeze your butt

get a weighted vest, broham

used to do planks in my flak jacket with loaded mags
shit sucked at first but abs were beast mode after that deployment

lel I only started last week and I'm doing 20 mins twice a day, I do it on the train into work and back, no excuses of not having time to exercise

>I do it on the train into work and back
lmao I'm just imagining this.
everytime I see someone doing a plank for such a long time they usually are in a kind of cheating position. it'd be much more beneficial for ab training if you just do them properly

When was the last time you impressed someone with your deadlift 1rm you fucking DYEL

lmao the last time I did it the entire gym mired

So i took one you user's advice and use the sitting crunch machine thing and i fucking broke it.

Idk if i was doing a jerking motion or what cause i had no idea how it would feel the first time and the girl watching was definitely judging

The whole machine just started doing like a stutter type movement and i just got off and left, fml

ultimate pleb here

have a cross training class at the gym, can't plank for more than 30 seconds when it gets to the core round at the end

This. My arms get so fucked up doing planks.

Planks are more of a mental thing for me. Best I've done is two minutes thirty seconds. When I get near my time I start overthinking it and telling myself I can't go on any longer.

never passed 5 mins. as far as i can tell it doesn't do much. pushups are definitely more efficient.

you shouldn't do planks without previously having turned up the music louder
trust me time pass faster while listening to music

>Working out for social responses rather than health

it looks like her, goddamn she is hot

it's a vagina. jesus christ there's so many virgins on this board