QTDDTOT

I'm meeting a girl end of next week. Been cutting. I'm about 15% body fat. Is it alright for me to cut at 1000 calorie deficit for the remained of this week and then resume a 500 calorie deficit? Just want a scratch of speed. Muscle preservation is what I'm referring to gents.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/defranco-agile-8
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/size-of-deficit-and-muscle-catabolism-qa.html/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My almost 50 year old mother wants to lose weight.
Both of her knees are pretty fucked,so gym is a no go.

Should I iust put her on keto?

How accurate is the navy seal bodyfat formula?
Omar memesuf said that it's within 3 percent, but in the morning it gives me ridiculous numbers like 7%.
In the evening it says I'm 12% which is about right I guess

If it's purely weight loss she's after she can get away with some light cardio. Swimming a few times a week. Doesn't have to be keto necessarily. Any regular calorie deficit will work for weight loss.

You're not going to lose anything significant by the end of the week. You can drop a ton of water by doing keto and appear to be more slim but it's not going to be all fat that you burn.

Keto? Fuck that.
Put her on a basic veg fruit and low fat meat diet and take her for long walks.
She'll be dropping fat in no time.

Muscle loss is a meme.

As long as you keep exercising to full capacity your muscles will not atrophy even if you are water fasting.

Cheers

Come now user, come now.

If I'm stubborn and insist on using purely adjustable dumbbells, what squat variation do I progress to after I've maxed Goblet Squats?

I know I really need to go see a doctor, but what would the cause of minor to moderate pain in the appendix region over a really long period of time possibly be? I first had it almost a year ago with the mindset, "if it gets any worse I'll go see a doctor", but it never did, it just comes and goes.

normal dumbbell squat? two dumbbells at your side

but why no bar?

abdominal pain can have soooooo many causes you're really better off just seeing a doc

I really do know, it's just difficult and it's in such an odd place where it can't be appendicitis just because of the fact it almost seems to improve before going away.

If i can't do deadlifts, what's a good exercise to alternate with Pendlay Rows as my main lift on pull day of a ppl?

What's fits thoughts on using instant breakfast as a dinner replacement

What are some better alternatives

Can someone post that thing showing what different bf% look like?

pull downs or chins,

how is this 0 calories?

whats the catch

Anyone have suggestions on routines for lifting with biking? I have been thinking of going from 4 to 3 days a week by cutting out squats and biking more instead. Never liked my form on squats. Intermediate level lifter on 5/3/1 and commute by bike to work most days

At what point should i start cutting to look good? Is it too early to do it before meme/2/3/4

Artificial sweeteners and also if you are from America then if one serving has less than 5 Cal it is legal to say 0 Cal.

> haven't had a gf in a year
> I think azn grill in my class likes me
> Pretty flat, but nice legs/ass
> Could probably do better but then again I'm shit at meeting and talking to girls

should i just go for it lads

I'm thinking out buying some creatine. I took two scoops of MyPre a few days ago and had the most killer workout ever.

MyPre already contains creatine so I'm guessing I should either take one or the other. Creatine is cheap as fuck and PreWorkout not so much. So can I expect the same boost I got by taking creatine and caffeine pills?

As a guy who just asked a grl out for the first time at age 22 and still got rejected, Yes, go for it.
If you like her, that is, usually if her personality is shit she won't be worth the time or effort in the short or long run

yeah I'm not really worried about rejection (I've been rejected a few times and I get over it pretty easily), I just have this issue where I automatically lose interest in any girl that returns my affection.

When I was with my old gf, I stopped liking her halfway in. I made out with some other chick at a party, broke up with my gf the next day. Then she moved on and I was sad because it felt like I wasn't good enough.

Plus I always feel like people will judge me for having a not 10/10 gf. Idk man I'm incredibly vain and self absorbed.

What's a good routine and diet for getting rid of bithing hips? I have a bench, barbell and dumbells.

I don't recommend caffeine pills because they are super effective and will make you addicted. Drink coffe instead.

Easy, just make sure you eat enough proteinez. Drink a shake when you're hungry. A deficit of a 1000 soundd a lot, but going to 1500 from 2500 is more manageable than you'd think. Wanna go die hard? Do intermittent fasting alongside it. You'll either cry, die or succeed!

the idea that you have to cut at a tiny deficit to prevent muscle loss is a meme, the science does not support this

1000 calorie deficit away, just keep your protein high

I can help her loose some weight with some bedroomcardio wink wink

why does my weight fluctuate by around 6 pounds each day? using two sets of scales so that isn't the issue

Depends if you've eaten or taken a shit / pissed recently.

didn't shit all yesterday and only had a small piss

a large part of your bodyweight is in water, so your body weight fluctuates based on how much water you're holding. it's different in different times of the day. So it's a good idea to weigh yourself at a certain time in the day, like just before breakfast, after pissing in the morning for example.

thanks

If yesterday was my rest day, can I work muscle groups that still have DOMS today?

You can, but i don't recommend it. Especially if you are new to lifting. If you are i recommend you let those muscle groups rest an extra day.

Thanks

hungry skeleton doing stronglifts

My mobility is pretty bad, very tight hamstrings.

My bent over rows feel like shit, feel like I'm struggling with the form, not with the weight.

Can I do prone rows instead until I've improved my mobility?

currently doing leg raises and seeing improvements what else is good for abs?

This is a lie from experience. It doesn't matter till I started to get below 20%. I could noticeably watch my biceps get smaller week after week. All lifts started to drop drastically to the point I was behind where I started. Was cutting at 1000cal+ now I'm at 500. Feel way better. Lifts going up. Still losing weight.
>tl:Dr 1000 cal deficit fine until you start getting leaner. Or less than 20% then your body wants to hold that fat so it starts to fuck your mouth

You can switch the rows, but work on your mobility

follow up question - any good resources for mobility, particularly for improving my mobility for squats?

t-nation.com/training/defranco-agile-8

I take them because I don't like coffee...at all. Not with milk not with sugar I just don't like it. I hate energy drinks too so inb4 sippin.

As for the caffeine pills I don't know what an addiction feels like but I've been taking them on and off for a while now the effect really varies...and I'm someone who doesn't ever take caffeine in any other way. I only take them for running now.

Thoughts on 5x5 for heavy compounds and 3x12 for isolations on a split?

How's my diet lads? For context I'm genuinely autism so that's why my diet is repetitive.

Breakfast
0.5 cup oatmeal (measured dry)
4 eggs

TOTAL:
P = 32
F = 22
C = 25
Cal = 250
Meal 2:
1.5 cup brown rice
390g delmaine red kidney beans (1 can)
1 Tbsp olive oil

TOTAL:
P = 28
F = 13.5
C = 97.4
Cal = 621

Meal 3:
1.5 cup brown rice
1 Tbsp olive oil

P = 28
F = 13.5
C = 97.4
Cal = 621
Meal 4:
1.5 cup brown rice
1 Tbsp olive oil

P = 28
F = 13.5
C = 97.4
Cal = 621
Meal 5
1 scoops before bed

P = 24

Whatever snacks I feel like. Try go for something healthyish like a Scoop or some fruit or some shiet

DAILY TOTAL:
P = 144
C = 400
F = 40.5
Cal = 2360

also everything is measured cooked except the oatmeal.

I'm just getting back to lifting again, I basically lost all my gains and i'm at a beginner again. What beginner program should I use?

is there a good shoulder exercise to complement OHP for a guy that wants to start doing oly lifts in a near future?

You lose strength cause you have no fuep, your biceps get smaller cause at 20+ percent you had fatceps, 1000 cal deficit is fine, I'm cutting at about a 1400 cal deficit right now, as soon as you up your cals back the strength comes right back on, just make sure protien is on point and chug bcaa's.

Fuel, fuck I can't type

No my body definitely hit a point where I was weak and shitty all the time. Once I had about 4 abs showing shit wasn't working anymore. Had to reduce deficit. There is literally no point cutting so hard when I only have ten pounds left to lose. No point feeling like shit and benching 125 when I was at 180. Post your body user

How many carbs/g did you get daily at that point?

You could massage his shoulders and tell him he's doing a good job

My left arm rotates inwards a fair bit more than my right arm, and it doesn't look very good from the side. Any ideas on how to fix it? More left rear delt work maybe?

you're mum arleady do that dickhaed

Usually anywhere from 125 to 200. At 6' 170

I only did 5x5 speed deadlift with around 65% of my 1rm and 5x5 overhead press with 75% of my 1rm yesterday and have pretty sore rear delts. Now I thought neither of these two exercises really work the rear delts and neither do they stretch them. Any clue what could've happened?

gfs arent for you. fuck and dump breh

I can agree with you man, at a point strength does go because the body will crave the energy, and turn protein to power instead, I've found a higher carb intake will keep strength levels high but it still Dips a touch, I too am still cutting and gaining so there is method to the madness

Can anyone help with my front squat, I can hold the bar fine in my right hand but my left wrist feels like it's gunna snap, anyone had this problem before or know a good link of front squatting techniques? I've heard it could be tightness but why is my right OK then? So many questions yet I have no answers help me guys

I can have sex with her, that should burn a few of those caloroonies weighing down her luscious but saggy bosom

I want to take creatine - other than the fact that is has to be monohydrate to not be excreted immediately by kidneys - is there ANY difference between cheapo generics and the more expensive brands? I'm looking into buying from ON. Also, does it have to be powdered?

Pretty enthusiastic, I squatted 5x5 100kg or 220 lbs at the beginning of the second month of my gym training. To be fair, my progress on OHP and BP is slower than I'd like due to calorie deficit (I started lifting to loose weight, I got rid of my ugly Shrek thighs and my womanly ass is looking better than before, my ex is coming back to fuck and I perform better).

Don't give up fagolas

Yea it was like hitting a brick wall. It didn't help that weather was nice and I became way more active with grass cutting and hard work etc. I added 250 cals and gonna add 250 more next week. And slowly transition to bulk while I lose last 10 pounds or so

Well it works from a physiological point of view, if you cut down heavily on meat expect anemia from iron insufficiency after a few months, and megaloblastic anemia after 1,5 years due to HT and vitamin B12 insufficiency.

> not gonna make it

Sorry user

i know this is a slow board but bump because don't have much time left ;_;

>Skinnyfat, workout 2xWeek

What split of cardio:lifting should I be doing in my routine?

Decent trap and core exercises?

Can you actually get rid of cellulite or is it a myth?

Am I fine with just whey protein after a workout, or would it be beneficial to start taking creatine?

Excuse the newfaggotry, I've read the sticky.

1. your protein intake needs to go up
2. you had fatceps to begin with and had less muscle than you thought
3. you need to take periodic diet breaks, or your lifts will eventually begin to drop

cut at 1000 deficit for 6-8 weeks, then eat at maintenance for 2 weeks (minimum of 2 weeks)

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

Last week I did 295lb x 6 for a 6 rep max.
In a few weeks I'll be testing for a 4 rep max.

Should I try 3pl8?
I'm scared brehs.

Ok well you can't cut at 1000+ for 3 months unless your a fat fuck. Just saying

Have a 16 yr. old nephew that's skinny fat, all he does right now is swim. Is he old enough to start lifting? What do Veeky Forums?

Help I did preacher bench curls and now my arms hurt like a bitch
I can barely hold my arm straight
Is this normal or did I fuck up

Yeah he can lift

which is why you take diet breaks with increasing frequency as you get leaner

if you're 20%+ you can get away with one every few months, when you get leaner maybe every 6 weeks

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/size-of-deficit-and-muscle-catabolism-qa.html/

anyone see a chiropractor?

never been

>24
>6'4
>obese for majority of developing life
>now slightly overweight
>extra lumbar vertebrae
>mild scolliosis
>text neck
>just in general feel misaligned/twisted

doctor gave me some bitch boy pain meds and told me I should try physical therapy, or a chiropractor

Can anybody give me a quick rundown on using adderall as a study aid? I have an exam I'm studying for in June and would like as much extra focus as I can. I'm healthy and take no medications nor do I have any allergies.

what dosage?

Focus on foods instead of supplements. Don't get "just" whey after working out, get a good meal ASAP. I don't recommend creatine for a beginner, there's so many more important things to focus on.

I'm just gonna run a increasingly smaller deficit every 2 weeks until I am bulking. I tired of being a skelly

i have no clue. I know nothing which is why I'm asking

What helps constipation that isn't laxatives? I drank prune juice for 2 weeks but still can't poop enough. I'm always on my feet and I drink a decent amount of water.

I'm sick of being 2 pounds heavier than I am because I won't shit for 3 days unless I eat fast food or a laxative

tried magnesium supps?

It's probably just your diet that is fucked...

Haven't. Guess I'll try that thanks.

does pork tenderloin really have 26 g of protein per 100g? I can just eat like 700g of this and be done with protein macros?

I eat fruits and vegetables, rice, chicken, beef, bread, pecans. I've heard that before but no idea how to fix that. The difference between my eating habits now and when I could shit is that I eat less food and less fatty food or fast food. Guarenteed I'll be sitting on a toilet if I ate white castle or chick fil a. But that's it.

By following a program like 5/3/1 and not eating a caloric surplus, do you still increase the weight lifted over time?
What makes the program work? The rep scheme followed or the bulking?

I am no front squat expert, but I was just recently told that using index and middle fingers instead of whole hand can help maintain form while you develop wrist and shoulder flexibility/mobility

I'm kinda running into a wall with SS. The squats basically take all the energy I have after a day of work. Will bumping my calories a bit help?

Both. You might still progress a bit. But it will be slower

Fucking mong, what lift?
>bench
do it faggot
>squat
do it faggot

how's this routine I found online?
push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs/rest
(everything done until 12 or failure)
push:
dips
pushups
plank
side plank
chest press
incline fly
arnold press
overhead tricep extension

pull:
pull ups
bent over rows
shrug
bicep curl

legs:
goblet squat
cycling 30 minutes

anything I should add or is it good? also it says it focuses on hypertrophy what does that mean? ottermode?

sorry squat, I got so scared I forgot to type it.

I think it'll be a mental game more than anything.

That's not how you greentext faggot

Thanks for the reply user, I do generally drink a proton shake while waiting for my meal to cook.

Can anyone answer my other retarded questions?

People tend to worry about salt content I think. And red meat issues or whatever. Safest option is just to mix it up. Pork one week then some white meat the next. Moderation my man.

Is it okay if I have my full dinner and then go to the gym or should I just get a protein shake (considering my last meal was lunch) and eat my diner after the gym?

So I just started going to the gym a while ago and the trainer at my uni gym helped me set up a program. He has me just doing machines for weights/resistance for the time being. How do i get the most out of this and when should I start moving on to free weights?

Power cleans