Everyday until you like it

We discord now

discord.gg/JJzMJ

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/RTd39
youtube.com/watch?v=7-h2RuKp8mY#t=5m45s
moskashoes.com/buty.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7VO4_yWP3k4
allthingsgym.com/larrys-chinese-weightlifting-experience-part-1-snatches-squats/
functionalalexch.blogspot.com/2013/08/chinese-weightlifting-experience.html
allthingsgym.com/chinese-weightlifting-experience/
allthingsgym.com/chinese-youth-weightlifting-training-2/
web-beta.archive.org/web/20150504144536/http://pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=16252
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what happened to these?

who knows

seriously though, the /owg/ normally had good links in it and I have some questions dammit

>how may I be of service to you

Oly lifts are so much fucking fun.

I have a lot of trouble with my left shoulder and being mobile enough to receive a snatch. Right now only training cleans and presses but ideally want to move to a full routine.

>coach has me maxout snatch, clean and jerk, backsquat, press and front squat in a period of 5 days

I get that he wanted to test our strength maxes after our strength cycle was over and before we got into the next one but jesus man this week was rough

Could I get a refresh? The link's expired.

I'm the only one here thusfar but

discord.gg/RTd39

/owg/ needs to come back to life.

join the discord then

>discord has two members

gj

post it places and it'll get more people, I assume

bumping with webms

I've been trying to learn how to snatch for like well over a year now and I still can't do over 65kgs with a max squat of 150 and front squat of 138. What the fuck is wrong?

You t b h

WR Snatch
youtube.com/watch?v=7-h2RuKp8mY#t=5m45s

Maybe you're not explosive. Squats dont necessarily translate to a clean or a snatch.

Also snatch is hard.

How's your OHP? Your Jerk?

I'm considering joining a gym that does olympic style weightlifting and powerlifting.

My only experience is trying out 5x5 with dumbbells at my apartment's gym, could someone explain to me what a normal day in an olympic style weightlifting gym is?

Are you actively coached, or are you supposed to do your sets on your own, and sometimes they'll come to you to give you pointers?

I don't know how this works, but I'm interested.

>could someone explain to me what a normal day in an olympic style weightlifting gym is?
It depends how long you have been lifting / how good you are..

At the beginning coaching is more active. Now that i have been lifting 9 months, coach pretty much points out few things every now and then, and then i focus on them myself.

I don't think there is a "normal day" since this is a very tech related sport. Programming really depends on lots of things.

Do you guys see a real life benefit of OW that PL, strength training or regular gymming doesn't give in terms of health/confidence/functional strength etc.?

Absolutely none.
Plus it takes longer to get good at.

strength training and calisthenics are the only things people should be doing, olympic weightlifting does literally nothing except make you better at the olympic lifts and make you slightly better at jumps.

Fug

i can call powerlifters fat retards

In my opinion weightlifting is a lot better cause it contains the entire package, including strength, speed and mobility. Combined I think weightlifting makes a better athlete that in turn functions better all round.
As regards health you should do cardio. A balance between the two is what I do (I also play sports)

I'm convinced
Yeah that's what I thought too, thanks

The discord invite doesn't work

new invite?

What lifting shoes do I get? As of now I lift in stan smiths, but I feel like it is time to move on to a lifting shoe. I'm considering Adipowers and Leistung 2s, but I don't know if the extra heel height of the Leistungs would benefit me or if I'm better of with the smaller heel, which is more similar to what I have used for 2 years now.

what are some good cues for the second pull? I keep fucking up the momentum generation and can muscle clean more kek

isn't the third pull your problem then?

Post video or better yet get a coach. Be conscious of that the power comes from your hips shooting forward.

Thank god this came back
I'm very interested in oly lifts these days, maybe making it into a hobby, so it's nice to have a general about it

Same here, I recently got into oly lifting and like 3 months later the owg threads come up no more than once a week and die with few posts

pulling as hard as you can with the traps and holding on for just that little bit longer

finishing the pull is huge and it's so easy to cut it short

>tfw oly lifting is not known at all in your country so it's impossible to get a coach if you don't live in the biggest city of the entire country
feels bad man

what cunt?

Brazil
In fact, fitness here is just one big meme. People rarely use barbells here, unless it's crossfit.

desu the whole country seems like a one big meme
captcha: atencão desvio à 500m

>desu the whole country seems like a one big meme
IT IS AND I WANT OUT

get out

Planning on doing the usmle. If everything works out I'll be doing my residency in the US. pray for me user

which state youre from? im from curitiba parana here, want to start oly lifting and found a "class" with a guy that won my state's weightlifting competition and has trained people fromother cunts in south america, the price is the same as most normie gyms

>Real life benefit
This fucking meme needs to die.. My real life benefit is the ability to do well in competitions and improve in the sport

>
I disagree, you don't really get to develope speed in PL or calisthenics.

I have also noticed one interesting thing. When i did PL and bodybuilding, i never really cared about sports. When my friends asked me to come mountain biking or something like that, i was just scared of losing gains. Now i only care about becoming a better athlete - i don't feel like losing gains when doing other activities (mountain biking, rock climbing, swimming etc.). Instead i feel like i'm getting all-around better as an athlete.

>Be conscious of that the power comes from your hips shooting forward.
I'm not sure how you meant this, but it's a bad cue for a beginner. Hips never go just forward, they go forward and up. If you just bang your hips forward, you will kick the bar away.

as a powerfatlifter can i jump into weightlifting without massive deload or time gap. This only real flexibility issue i have is in the snatch catch position so could i just go straight into a program? also have tried so i be know most of the form

i agree. i want to start oly lifts and it seems much more like an actual sport, unlike SS, which is starting to seem pointless, except for preparing me to do oly lifts (pointless in my view, for my objectives, its a good program)

Right now I'm in Bahia, but will soon move to São Paulo. Tried to find gyms there through the federation but the site's completely half assed. Maybe I'll try and train with the powerlifting meet from the city I'll live in, I dunno.

I'm doing SS right now as well, putting some oly lifts in my program now and then just to start getting the hang of it. When should I progress from SS to an actual oly program? Where can I even find a good oly program?

Snatch is very easy once you get the technique down

Strength training and olympic weightlifting have huge overlaps though, especially if you go the Chinese route which basically makes you a bodybuilder as well

Tell that to this guy

>without massive deload or time gap
what does this even mean? you'll be training different movements so I don't know what you mean by deload

yes you can jump into wl

yeah
but learning the technique is hard
which makes learning snatch hard

is there a link or name to this chinese route?

don't know when breh.
i guess you could go full oly lifts once you your oly lifts start to get limited by weight..if you already do strenght training and progress slowly and with good form on weightlifting, it will take you a while for oly lifts to get heavy (i think when your overhead lifts weight starts to get close to your OHP weight)
>t. Not any kind of authority on the matter, just another guy's opinion

you can find several oly weightlifting programs, some especially for beginners

What shoes do you guys wear? Pic related, I got some adipowers for $80 on ebay and love them

pp2s

so does anyone have an invite code that works?

Not if you practice technique with the bar for 1hr 3 days a week or so

kek

Please help /OWG/ need advice... is this a stupid program if my only goals are to get stronger/ improve C&J

Workout A:
Backsquat - 6 x5 - increase weight with each set till set 3 and 4 where i'm just under my 1RM, set 5/6 same weight as set 2/1 respectively. sort of like a pyramid

C&J: 1-2 reps at a lighter weight while incrementally ramping up to my 1RM

Workout B/C are the same as A but replace backsquat with deadlift and OHP

I also do cardio every workout. Been stalling at 90kg C&J for so long....i weigh 39kg. Just want to end this miserable plateau

if you want to increase cj you start with cj

better use of your time than sitting on Veeky Forums asking people why you don't have a gf or aren't getting any gains in the gym

moskashoes.com/buty.html

Yes, it is a stupid workout.

I've seen those before, are they any good?

They are 'beginner' shoes, but they are very well made and will last you forever. If you have flat feet they are great, as they have a wedge rather than the heel cup that is so popular now. And they're only ~$70, before shipping. The only drawback is the style, but I am personally quite taken with the campy aesthetic.

The Chinese route I was referring to just refers to them including bodybuilding in their routine, mostly for injury prevention but hey if you get to do fun lifts and look good doing them why not?

youtube.com/watch?v=7VO4_yWP3k4

They honestly do just a ton of different stuff, here's a good article on Chinese weightlifting techniques

allthingsgym.com/larrys-chinese-weightlifting-experience-part-1-snatches-squats/

Start whenever you want. If you're actually doing SS by the book and not by some meme internet bullshit, then start when you finish the SS program properly
Catalyst Athletics
Dan John's website
wlforums dot com has the LSUS program in a thread
Practical Programming has hybrid Olympic and "Nebraska Model" which is heavy on OL in the intermediate training section
run BFS and make the friday lifts Snatch and Jerk, then spend technique time on tu/th with the bar instead of doing plyos and conditioning
that's only a few ideas

not him but the information is appreciated

thanks for the vid. and downloaded yesterday a book recommended by an user yesterday, tommy kono's 'weightlifting, olympic style', I think it kind of mixes bodybuilding, after all the guy was a succesful bodybuilder and oly weightlifter

Can someone post a new link to the discord

Thanks. I was looking for something more like the chinese way of oly lifting, kind of a more "all-round" approach to it. Are any of those similar to that?

13€ for a belt
Is it any good?

functionalalexch.blogspot.com/2013/08/chinese-weightlifting-experience.html
allthingsgym.com/chinese-weightlifting-experience/
allthingsgym.com/chinese-youth-weightlifting-training-2/
web-beta.archive.org/web/20150504144536/http://pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=16252
These are my notes I took back at the time I first read it:
> Yatin Parasher visited several Chinese teams and provided some notes about their programs. Almost everything they do is individualized to the athlete; here is what all athletes have in common:
• The Chinese are big on restoratives, e.g. massage, BCAAs, icing, contrast baths, herbal tea, etc.
• Daily morning exercise, before breakfast, consists of jogging, plyometrics, calisthenics
• Squat sessions are separate from OL sessions, and alternate between Squat and Front Squat.
• Each OL session is one lift, lasts an hour, and is followed by 1-2 bodybuilding lifts at 5-8x10-15.
• C&J will have one session 90% or higher, one at 85-90%, the third (if done) would use variants.
• Snatch Sessions are almost always heavy and full, might have one Power Snatch session a week.
• Focus in Squat and OL is intensity, lots of back-off sets are always done, even 5x5 back-off Squat
• De-loads are 70-80% intensity and 90% volume, done every 3rd week (every 4th for women).
• Sunday is “off” but Thursday is spent playing another sport (swimming, soccer, or basketball)
• Less experienced athletes train differently; 3 sessions for beginners and 4-6 sessions for intermediates (6 sessions would make Monday a two-a-day); Thursday is still a “sport day.”
• Advice for trainees with full-time jobs: train six days, once a day, alternating Squat and OL.

wow thanks, this is seriously very helpful
I love you /owg/ never go away

PLEASE SOMEONE POST A NEW INVITE FOR THE DISCORD

This

Just a friendly reminder..

Beginners / people who look forward to starting oly lifting, READ THIS. First, get a coach. Like really, get a coach. This isn't powerlifting where you pick a neat looking program and have succes by just doing stuff and eating.

This is sport spesific training. Its easy to develope bad habits that are hard to get rid of. Its also easy to just fuck around the gym and not progress at all (or just in strength).

I don't even think that owg belongs to Veeky Forums, because people who come from PL or BB don't understand how you train for a sport. They don't understand why you need to develope speed, elasticity etc.

Get a coach.. Even an online coach.

or just go to weightlifting gym and ask people if they can point out your mistakes/give feedback

NEEDS A NEW DISCORD INVITE

This
Or was it a lie???

I'll fucking make one myself for crying out loud. DAMN YOU I WANT TO TALK ABOUT JERKING AND SNATCHES

this
nice deal on the adipowers

>I weigh 39kg
WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT YOURE GONNA DIE PLEASE EAT DUDE

you are not dropping under fast enough or not explosive enough. You also may be losing momentum with wrong form.

get adipowers. You don't need the Leistung 2s

HOW THE FUCK CAN WE DISCUSS OLYMPIC LIFTING WITHOUT A FRESH DISCORD INVITE?

WHY THE FUCK CANT I OVERHEAD SQUAT I ALWAYS DROP THE WIGHT FORWARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tighten yourself when you do it. Be explosive, not just fast. Start slower then you are doing it and go progressively faster, explosiveness is just like any skill, you can't start from the top

no shit

I don't have much of a problem with clean and jerks though, I've done 104kgs with a best front squat of 138kgs.

I always lose my snatches forward in the hole, it just seems to be a problem with dropping under.

Dunno. I just use a velcro Harbinger. Works fine.

OHP is garbage, I never really do them because it aggravates my lower back. I've push pressed about 82kgs and jerked 104kgs.

Squeeze your glutes if it hurts your back retard

lemme bump this thread with a question:
which oly weightlifter, in your opinion, has the best shape?

will start with an obvious first
>lu xiaojun

Lu is also relatively tall for a 77kg, he's the same height as Tian Tao @ 5'8".

If you can't even snatch 65kg and it's not strength it's pretty obvious your technique is shit. Where are you bottlenecking? Prior to the balance/OHS or during the catch?

I'm in love.
Who is this girl?

You should be able to CJ about 13 more kilos with that front front squat

I can only clean and jerk 105 with a 155kg FS

whats wrong with me