Life Goals Thread

What is your life like now? What's good about it? Where do you hope to be in 5 years?

I just somehow got out of a really shitty position in life. I was unemployed, had to move back with parents, became a heavy alcoholic, lost friends, got out shape.

Now I'm working at a good job, hitting the gym like an animal, reconnecting with friends, saving up to move out, stopped drinking. Plus the weather is about to get nicer, things are looking up.

Keep it up user. You're a motivation for others stuck in that position.

One day I hope to hit 3 comma club. Truth is even if I hit 2 comma club I would still be happy, but a man can dream.

/thicc/ bf and my masters degree. Maybe going for doctor.

> Be rich
> Have good wife
> Lots of kids
> Home gym
> Some kind of ranch where I can ride horses and just live life peacefully.

I really wish.

I've given up everything else to see if music works out. I put most of my time into that. If it doesn't by the next year, I'll just go work a whatever job and start making money again.

>be married
>work for FBI
>planning for or have children on the way

I got a journalism degree and now can't find a job anywhere. Thinking of going back to college for something else. Any suggestions?

Go to community college and see if you can get a certification in something. It will probably take a semester or two.

I just want to find another job. I hate working in retail. I'm thinking of going back to school too because I don't think I can get far being a college drop out.
Oh yeah and having a gf would be nice too.
Or maybe just getting laid, so that I won't fall in "love" with every fucking girl that shows me attention.

I hope to be with my degree and living an active lifestyle with a good partner who likes zoology, video games, and being social like me. Bonus points if he is tall and chubby

This is the first time in my life where I am content with my existance, I am doing well in school, hanging out with friends, and working out a lot. Positive mind, positive life.
We're gonna make it ~

Why would you want to go back to school and delay real life even longer? The longer you stay in school, the further you fall behind in every aspect of life. I'm the perfect example of this.

I have 2 degrees, and working on graduate degree, still have no money, tons of school debt, still live with parents, well into my late 20s now.

Meanwhile my younger brother started an electrician apprenticeship at 17 and now at 25, he has lots of expendable income, already owns his own home and an investment property, and has zero school debt.

University is the biggest meme. My younger brother didn't go because he didn't think he was intelligent enough to do it, hence why he just decided to do a trade. I wish I didn't fall for the "you must do university or you will be a failure in life" meme.

Anons, I have bad news:

In high school I was a skinny, socially inept nerd.

I went to college, got fit, dated cute girls, became social, and got a high paying consulting job in NY.

It doesn't really matter though. It doesn't make you happier or proud. You just set more goals, and start to want more.

What I'm trying to say is that once you reach your goals, you won't feel satisfied. The only true satisfaction is the satisfaction you take in the process of striving.

Hard work is an end in and of itself, not a means towards something else.

My new life goal is to always try my best at everything I do. I am finally accountable to myself alone. I am my own man.

Godspeed friends

wonderful, this just inspired me. I'm in a similar situation. So far got back into the best shape ive ever been in, going to graduate college in 2 weeks at 30 years old.. Starting a certification course to be a personal trainer.

Next step is a job I am dead broke, a place and reconnect with friends.

I also havent been laid in 8 months after getting pussy all the time from a submissive I trained.

Life is a roller coaster brother. Hopefully at my age I wont ever fall so far again and have to restart from nothing.. But if I do. I know I can turn it around..

I'm genuinely happy to read this.

What are you studying?
I'm 24 and I'm this guy

I want to either be an actor or model

But seeing as those are unrealistic goals and I'm a B student I'll probably work for a bank or something

Probably not in the next 5 years, but sometime

well I am going to graduate college with a bachelors in Crim Justice with a minor in poly sci. As far as personal training I'm going to get the ACE certification.

PErsonal trainers live nice lives and make good money. Plus you are always around healthy people.. I'm sure it will be a good fit for me..

But if I do decide to do something with my degree I will join ICE and do my part to make america great again.. I came of age in a sanctuary city and I want some revenge.

Bitches love bankers

Fighting in the great race war for mother europe

This.

It's amazing how this board is called Health & Fitness, but Mental Health/ Mental Fitness never gets mentioned, instead the place is full of insecure, unhappy people.

my goal is to become exceptionally good at repeatedly lifting up and putting down iron rods and plates in a controlled fashion

Maybe if I'm lucky within 5 years I'll off myself.

I'm where I want to be. Seven years ago I was an alcoholic. The heavy kind. Through working out, I got my shit together. Back then all I wanted was to not be alone. By accepting that this life is tough, and that all you can do is your absolute best I got what I wanted and way more.

I've been married for two years, completely sober and this week my first child, a beautiful daughter was born.

It's like Churchill said: if you're going through hell, keep going.

I love all you depraved fuckers and wish you all the best and happiness in life. Whatever you want, wherever you are, keep going user, you'll get there.

gratz dude. There is light at the end of the tunnel if you are willing to fight for it.

It's always nice to hear success stories.
Were all gonna make it

>be jacked
>hot Mormon wife
>nice town house
>three kids, all boys
>die at 80
Is this achievable?

Going into pharmaceutical marketing in about 4 years. Going to Texas A&M or TSU after about 2 years at a uni in my state. I would like to live in NC or Texas. I really would like to start my own gym but I'm good at business and want to make money. I also like marketing too.

Odd life goal: collect all my favorite types of Jeeps.

Right now I'm graduating college in 3 weeks with a good degree - I have a job lined up in a new city earning ~60k a year I move in 5 weeks but I also am holding out to hear back from another position which pays significantly more but is in a far shittier city.

In 5 years I'd like to be in L.A making well over 6 figures and hopefully have some passive income through investments and property.

Life is good right now :^)

Things are pretty shitty right now. About to turn 30. Just lost my second consecutive gf because I'm such a boring person. I've been delaying gratification of doing anything really and dumping all of my extra cash into my student loan. Now I am an extremely dull person who has nothing interesting to talk about. 3000 miles from any friends or family. Just alone.

Trying to change things. Getting my motorcycle license in a week and buying a motorcycle. having an 820 credit score just doesn't impress anyone or make me interesting, so I'm going to wreck in in order to become more fun. Hoping I can bike around Alaska and post cool pictures to FB so that people will think I'm not boring.

In 5 years I want to have friends again and actually appreciate my gf and not just fall into a routine of work, gym, internet. I want to be able to say that I've done interesting things and traveled. I want to not be driving a fucking civic that looks like a prius. fuck.

doing what?

>College
>Making over 6 figures in L.A.

What is this magical degree

So I graduated with a degree in Mathematical Economics and Computer Science. Job offer 1 is a software development position in a nice growing city making 60k. Potential job offer 2 is for a start up cyber security company for ~80k a year.

If you got any other questions feel free to ask

>only wanting sons because your worldview is too narrow to appreciate raising a daughter
Never gonna make it. Even if you think women are inferior, it's pathetic to not do your part in raising the next generation. Also, your daughters' children are guaranteed to be your grandchildren.

>currently in the worst shape I've ever been in, balding at 22, pretty hung up on my first serious ex 2 years after the breakup
But I just landed a great job that is 2000 miles from home (unfortunately) so I can start over, start paying off my loans. I've lost 13lbs in the last month and been working out and eating much better. I've set some new fitness goals I'm excited about.
In 5 years I want to be jacked, promoted, possibly working closer to family, have a stable gf or a wife, and still be doing some creative work.
It's a long road to there, and I'm battling through some depression, but I'm on an upward trend. I can feel it.

you've literally just said you consider it possibile for your son to be an authentic cuck
congrats and thanks for the kek

>misogynyposting
>trusts unknown women decades down the road
interesting

>little cabin in the woods
>raise livestock
>veggie garden
>nice little workshop for woodworking and blacksmithing

I just want to finish school, get a job that has a lot of telecommuting, get a small apartment with good internet, and find a cute girl that can sing. I'll settle for 2 of those 4.

I just want a cute girl to sing along with me playing piano, since it's really hard for me to sing and play at the same time and my voice is too low for the type of music I like anyway. She doesn't need a job or anything, hell we could probably make some side cash off of a youtube channel with me on piano and her singing covers of different types of songs.

>those fucking legs

How do I get legs like that? They look awesome.
I ride my bike every day and the muscles stick out a little big but no where near that and no where near as big

>squat and deadlift

>Life is a roller coaster brother.

It really is. I've gotten in and out of shitty positions (due mostly to my own shitty decisions) too many times to count. At this point I just want a nice, wholesome life with good food and good people. No more fucking around.

One year left on my two year degree so I can start making a nice chunk of change which will allow me to pay for all of the electrical engineering degree I want. It's funny, I was a laborer, now a skilled tradesman, soon to be a technician, and then an engineer. I'm going through the whole spectrum.

Im going through brutal depression and feel in a similar situation.
Do it bro. Do it for me. Dont give up.

I want to enroll into school for computer science, I also want to get better at math.

dammit I should have done this

>went from fast food to trying to get EE degree
>drop out

something about being in a wehrmacht uniform and being outside, without getting into prison.

We're gonna make it brah. Keep it up.
What are your fitness goals?
Mine are getting back to 1/2/3/4 for reps (those were my 1rm a year ago)
Increased flexibility (full splits and such)
Planche pushups and front lever and handstand pushups
All within the next year. It's achievable, but will be very difficult.

Finish my degree, get my masters and GET THE FUCK OUT OF SOUTH AMERICA.

I want to compete in a powerlifting meet this year but I don't want to embarrass myself. Only 245lb bench, 430lb deadlift, and 245lb squat [pls no laffs]. Should I at least try? Could potentially do deadlift/bench only.

this year: compete in a BJJ competition
possibly next year: compete in a powerlifting competition

So much this. That's one of the truths of life that you want to discover as early as possible.

What I advice though is to stop sometimes and compare yourself to people around you now and then. You will just see how much ahead you are.

>Get built
>Nice job
>Marry catholic qt3.14
>Have 3-4 Children

Sit back and enjoy life, we're all gonna make it brahs.

Fucked, nothing, dead hopefully

> move to a beautiful country, i'll pay whatever taxes for a place that knows how the fuck to actually manage itself, currently living in this shitworld country
> find good woman i can marry and have comfy family life
OR
> become rich as fuck, travel the world and do whatever the fuck i want (which will be doing new cool ass shit and not sitting on my ass and going to stupid luxury hotels or whatever the fuck is marketed at rich ppl)

Are you fucking me? aside from the horses thing i've never thought about that before but are you fucking me?
literally same things

wouldn't it be ironic if they assign you to hang on imageboards like /b/ and Veeky Forums and see if somethings "fishy" is going on ?

You post here alot nightwing bro, I have to ask though, why not batman? Nightwing is a bit quippy for me

> i like the things that society tells me would make anyone happy
> wow i cant believe someone wants the same things i do!

Get published in Nature
Get some kind of recognition in my field
Not be ashamed when I look in the mirror

In 5 years I want to have my PhD and a decent post doc position ideally in Germany or Asia

My life goals have changed so many times throughout my 20's. At this point I'm improving my credit to the best of my ability. I want to buy several properties over the next few years and use them to become comfortably wealthy. After my income is steady enough to turn my focus more into my passions, I hope to spend more time traveling, playing my drums, lifting and eventually starting a family of my own. I think most men go through a mental crisis of sorts in our 20's. It's been the scariest part of my life so far. But, ive learned that no matter what we want, nothing will become of it until we take action. So instead of over thinking every decision in life, it's best to get moving on your ideas and see them through. Fitness got me into that mindset and I'm thankful everyday for putting that into motion a few years back..but it's almost overwhelming when you realize the potential that's ahead of you. That's why I try to act quickly on things these days before I talk myself out of it. I wish all of you the best in your pursuits either way. Get up and go for that shit! Good thread OP.

The Good:
>got a new good paying salary job
>new apartment
>gf of 4 years moving in with me in a month
>no drinking/smoking/drugs.
>relatively healthy diet.

The Bad:
>exercise less because of 50 hour/week desk job
>less chance to make good healthy meals, tend to meal prep some chicken and buy premade meals from grocery store.

5 years from now:
>becoming more consistent at the gym
>eating better
>promotions at work
>buying a house
>travel

Banging milfs but more importantly stop hating myself for everything I am

i thought its pretty uncommon, pretty much everyone lately has been spreading this
>hurr durr fuk bitches kys when 30 hurr durr marriage is a trap women are eeeeevil
and its odd that someone else actually wants to have lots of kids, wants to live in a farm and with a fucking homegym, exactly like i do soo yeah..

>less chance to make good healthy meals, tend to meal prep some chicken and buy premade meals from grocery store.
teach your bitch your fit ways and make her cook for you

Is a body like this natty? This is probably my goal physique, one of the most aesthetic I've ever seen.

Family. house with a lot of land with a gym and woodshop, and an engineering job I like enough that pays well, but doesn't drain all of my energy and leaves me time to be creative.

Family and job in 5 years, perfect home in 10.

that's the plan when she moves in.
She'll be busy with finishing school and work though so we'll see. at the very least it'll be 50/50 of whoever is preparing dinner.

>everyone lately has been spreading this

by everyone do u mean like real people or our niche obscure horseback archers mongolian forum?

this is what the media and any middle class joe tells u:

> go to college
> so u can afford a house
> so u can get a good job
> so u can have a family in a nice house with a nice car
> (implied) do this before your 30s and do it for the rest of your life

Play some video games, read some unrealistic fiction, meditate, study other cultures, paint or play music, and you'll be very not boring.

>a degree in Mathematical Economics and Computer Science

is that really only one degree? it sounds like 2 different majors to me (2 degrees)

how long did it take you to graduate?

> im cs, delayed 2 years in the program :^(

You're gonna make it brah

Amen, We're all gonna make it brah.

Want me a farm with some sheep and cows.

Too bad that's not a viable career path these days.

> getting paid to browse the chan
This is probably why this guy wants an FBI job anyway desu

> play some video games
> become interesting
I hope you don't really believe this.

The dream desu, but in reality my secret autistic fantasy is to be irl Arbites/Throne Agent.

i just want to be happy and healthy.

I'm an entrepreneur. Sometimes I have days between $10k-$20k in revenue. Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try to help.

are you an internet scammer?

No, but I know a lot of people that make a highly above-standard way of living scamming people online.

yeah, that's why i asked. i was gonna tell u to stop calling yourself a fucking entrepreneur if you were really just a scammer. lol

Just because you scam people doesn't mean you're not an entrepreneur. Most companies you buy from were/are scammers. And if we're talking about morality then nearly every company you've bought from did evil shit. Look at what Uber has done to Lyft for example.

Life now is between comfy and trying, depending on if my narcissist mother (narcs are cousins of sociopaths) is around. Good thing is I'm getting Veeky Forums and I feel good about it. Not for a sport or vanity (but that's a byproduct :^)) but for mental health. In 5 years I'll be in heaven preparing to come back to earth with Jesus because the rapture is September 23rd, this year.

i believe in you.

you cuck.

Man, that right there is a good goal body. I got home from the gym this morning with a birthday cake for my wife in tow. I took my shirt off when I got inside to be more comfortable, since it was sweaty from my workout, and set up her presents and cake in the kitchen. She wanted to capture the "scene" so she took a picture with me in it. She was excited to show me the picture, but the whole time all I could think was how small and soft I looked in it, despite having what I'd thought up until that point was a good pump. I see a pic like the OP and compare that to my present state and get slammed with crippling self doubt. I feel like, hard as I try, I'll never make it. Cameras are brutal, lads.

You're looking at an airbrushed photo though. How have you browsed Veeky Forums for any amount of time and not just assumed every single picture with someone in it is photoshopped? People in the cbt threads admit to shopping their pictures. hell, I shop the pictures I post on here sometimes.

Intellectually, I know this.
Emotionally, it makes no difference.

>false equivalencies
Theres something completely different between a company morally ambiguous and just straight up scamming you faggot.

>if he is chubby

Insecure ass ho sayin she lookin for some teddy bear bullshit

Debts on track to be paid
Visible abs
A chin (no neck fat)
IRL friends

Can work just fine if you advertise it enough and make artisanal products from the animals

Sounds like you guys are really trying to sort yourselves out.

get mad poorfag

Lived with my parents for almost two years from 2014-2016. Fucking sucked, but I couldn't get myself to move out. Finally became motivated enough to do it last May and moved into a studio downtown. Started lifting again that month and it's almost a full year of lifting now. My stats aren't anywhere near where I'd want them to (especially since I started fucking around with lifting back in 2012), but I'm hopeful for the future.

I've got a meh job, no career, no college degree, no gf, a handful of friends (who I'm starting to see more often), and I'm not as strong as I want to be.

In five years, I hope to have hit 1000 lb. total between bench/squat/deadlift. I know that's not much for a lot of people, but it is for me. It's an arbitrary goal that I want to reach before I stop lifting for strength and instead focus on exercising and eating for health (along with moving to vegetarianism). I hope that I have a career and if not that, that I at least have a better job and some hobby on the side where I create rather than just consume. I'd like for a gf, but just being able to get laid would be fine. Building up a better group of friends would be nice, but as I leave my 20s, I don't see that getting any easier.

A few reasons. For one, I'm closer in personality to Nightwing (love me some quips and bants) and my personal trauma/inspiration to take up a mantle like that hasn't led me to be withdrawn from the normie world like Bruce is often depicted these days. Nightwing is basically Batman sans almost crippling angst, and that's more my perspective.

Second, you work with what ya got. I'm a 5'7 manlet, so I'm arguably more suited for gymnastics and acrobatic type shit than attempting to imitate Batman's intimidating wall of muscle.

Third is logistic feasibility, but that would require delving deeply into my autistic planning pieces which neither you nor I have the time for.

right now
>very lonely
>quit smoking weed
>enrolled in classes
>losing sanity
>handling professional and academic life
>miss girl
>very lonely
>very very fit
>good friends

hope to be in 5 years
>see girl again
>graduated with acc degree
>comfy small firm job
>speak 3 languages
>girl
>girl
>more fit, more mass
>small house or apartment
>pet dog and 2 rats
>get a short story picked up by quarterly publication or something small
>books and movies
>girl
>family stop being retarded
>good friends
>sane enough
>girl
>plenty of other good intentions

Things are really looking up at the moment and I'm starting to feel happy again, a bit of back story:

4 years ago, 22 years old
>working shitty retail job
>have falling out with parents
>whole family stops speaking to me
>haven't spoken to a blood relative in 4 years
>depression sets in
>gain weight, get up to 134kg (6'2)

Now, 26 years old
>married
>hitting gym 4 times a week
>lost almost 20kg in 5 months, down to 115kg
>working in financial planning
>putting in effort
>50 hour weeks
>boss just agreed to pay for my degree to become a financial planner
>wife and I building a house this year

The goal at this stage is to be a financial planner by 30 making around $80k pa and be able to travel overseas once a year. Also want to keep working on my fitness, aiming for strong as fuck /thicc/ mode.

i just want a gf

Any luck reconnecting with family?
Mine has always been really close (in fact im rooming with my brother after my last flatmate went mental and pulled a knife on me) and the thought of a fallout like that is terrible to me. But everyone's family is different, you may well be better off.
Gratz on the other progress brah, we're all gonna make it.