How much sleep?

How much sleep?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0010062
hyper.ahajournals.org/content/47/5/833.short
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2007.118/full
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Enough that when I wake up my gut is sucked in & flat/hard.

If I wake up with a jelly stomach it means I haven't slept enough.

at least 7, as much as you need to wake up naturally.

10+. It's ruining my life desu

Try to remember the amount of hours of sleep that made you feel refreshed the most.

For me it is usually 6-7. Some are completely fine with 4, others need 10.

6-8 hours. Anything else is wrong.
6 hours of DEEP sleep, not "I laid in bed at 10pm and woke up at 4am"

Laying in bed at 9pm, falling asleep sometime before 10, and then waking up at 4am is what 6 hours is.
Same goes for 7 and 8.

Forever

10-11 I wake up with natty sunlight no alarms

I've been getting "6" for the past few months and it's been gud.
lie down at 945ish wake up at 4.

I usually get less than four hours and it's ruining me. My wife goes to bed early because she works early, but I usually can't fall asleep until around 1am or so, which normally would be fine since I don't have to get up early. However my wife is a massive bitch and hits snooze like three times before actually getting up and then when she finally does she turns on the tv with the volume full blast. I even slept in the other room last week just so she wouldn't wake me up, but I was rudely awoken at 5am by a loud braaappp. I opened my eyes and the bitch was standing beside the bed farting in my face and laughing. I know for some of you that is your fetish, but if I wasn't so tired I probably would've legit strangled her. Once I'm awake I can't go back to sleep and I'm just a zombie the rest of the day. I'm at my wits end lads, I don't know what to do.

the less the better. sleeping 8-10 hours fucks me up desu. im so lethargic and feel like the day starts at 5pm.

6 is pretty good, wish i could do fine with around 4 hours of sleep

unless she's rich, divorce her

Fix your sleeping cycle, what the fuck. Don't you have a job that you need to get up to?

And why are you with such a disgusting woman; what the hell have you done

>sleeping 8-10 hours fucks me up desu
I slept 9:30 and felt dull as fuck all day today. A guy suicided out of my building too, weird day

If you have a proper sleeping pattern you will fall asleep almost instantly.

You sleep ten to eleven hours? That must be fucking your hormones up man, too much sleep is probably as bad as too little

You know, this really. Surprisingly good metric

Been put on straight nights at work (11pm-7am) sleep has been shit some days I get 8am-1pm other days I get 11-5 it's all over the place plus my sleep is shit because even with blackout blinds the sun wakes me up

>neet

5.5-6.5 hours during the week

7-8 hours on the weekend

Wat

probably, I've been ill the past week though

>unless she's rich, divorce her
That seems too extreme and I don't want to give her half my stuff.

>Fix your sleeping cycle
I'm trying, but it's easier said than done.
>Don't you have a job that you need to get up to?
I don't have to get up for work at any set time. I just make sure the family businesses run smoothly.
>why are you with such a disgusting woman
She swears the farting thing wasn't intentional, but I don't think I buy it. I think she is just jealous that I don't have to wake up early like she does so she subconsciously punishes me by finding ways to wake me up without even realizing how big of a bitch she is being.

I stay awake for 4-5 days at a time and then sleep for 24-36 hours after that, it's a hardcore cycle but worth it

Meth is a hell of a drug.

No, it's not easier said than done.

Either pull an all nighter and then go to bad early the next day or just sleep for like 4 hours and again, go to bed early the next day.
There literally isn't more to it.

Your wife sounds like a piece of shit and I don't know why you are married to her.
At the same time I can sense the akwardness of a couple not going to bed and not getting up together.
She gets up in the morning and probably has to leave for work and you aren't even there to wish her a good day or anything. Because you are sleeping.
She goes to bed and has no physical contact with anyone, she falls asleep that way.

I mean, it's not a tragedy, but it certainly has some effects and it's completely unnecessary too.

you should stream it, do you start going a bit mad towards the end of it?

I sleep 5 hours a day.
How fucked am I fit?

8-10 hours, I can tolerate less but within a couple of days I start getting severely worn down, I don't understand how people can unironically feel good on less than 8 hours of sleep every day, lucky bastards

On the other hand if I want to I can easily go 24+ hours without sleep and still function at a high level, useful when I was a militaryfag

That's retarded, since the beginning of time until the introduction of electric lights a century ago it was the norm for people to sleep 8-11 hours per night and wake up at dawn. Sleeping "too much" is only unhealthy if you have a health issue like depression or low thyroid that can fuck with your circadian rhythm

Wrong. Just because people sleep 10+ hours doesn't mean it's healthy.

>Either pull an all nighter and then go to bad early the next day or just sleep for like 4 hours and again, go to bed early the next day.
I've tried this, but I either get so tired that I fall asleep during the middle of the day or for w/e reason when the night comes I just lay there all groggy w/o being able to fall asleep. My sister offered me some melatonin, but I would rather not use sleep aids.
>Your wife sounds like a piece of shit and I don't know why you are married to her
We've been married a long time, she has definitely changed over the years, but a lot of other marriages are worse off than ours.
>At the same time I can sense the akwardness of a couple not going to bed and not getting up together.
She gets up in the morning and probably has to leave for work and you aren't even there to wish her a good day or anything. Because you are sleeping.
Ya, she goes to bed at 9:30pm though and that just seems too early for me since I don't have to get up early. I know she just wants me to acknowledge her before she has to go work a job she hates for 8 hours, I just wish it didn't have such a negative impact on me.

are you still fucking her?

Citation needed

Not enough to justify going to bed every night at 9:30 with her. Like I said, we've been married a long time.

>not enough
you know what to do, it might not be pretty the first few times

I cant sleep because of this weird chest pressure. I wonder if I am going to have a heart attack soon

Pls no, I don't have the energy for that and she'll walk around the next few days acting like I owe her something.

How much gear are you on?

>having a wife who unironically acts like you owe her something just because had sex with you

Jesus Christ how horrifying, Western women are worse than cancer

Take an antiacid

none

I'm going to assume you are fairly young. If you don't have a family history of heart problems then it is possibly just gas pressure.

is 6am-2pm an acceptable amount of sleep? Work has pretty much forced me into it because of doing swing/closing shifts. I know my circadian rhythms fucked but am at least allowing myself enough sleep or should I try to adjust?

>tfw can never fall asleep at night.

I'm always at max fatigue and can fall asleep in seconds around 6-7 PM or earlier when I go to bed around 10 PM I'm wide awake for hours. how do I fix this?

> don't want to give her half my stuff
> family businesses

what kind of idiotic lapse in judgment caused you to avoid a prenup

Has anyone ever experienced crawling sensations on your skin while sitting or laying?

Melatonin shops or adjusting your sleep routine before bed

*Supplements not shops

As long as I can, usually 10-12hrs. But it would seem like 7hrs is best.
journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0010062
>Participants with short sleep had reduced leptin and elevated ghrelin. These differences in leptin and ghrelin are likely to increase appetite, possibly explaining the increased BMI observed with short sleep duration
>The best survival was found among those who slept 7 hours per night. Participants who reported sleeping 8 hours or more experienced significantly increased mortality hazard, as did those who slept 6 hours or less. The increased risk exceeded 15% for those reporting more than 8.5 hours sleep or less than 3.5 or 4.5 hours.
hyper.ahajournals.org/content/47/5/833.short
>Sleep durations of ≤5 hours per night were associated with a significantly increased risk of hypertension in subjects between the ages of 32 and 59 years
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2007.118/full
>all three longitudinal studies in adults found a positive association between short sleep duration and future weight.

>Extremely tired at 5pm
>Gonna go to bed early tonight!
>10pm
>Not tired

JUST

>falling for the sleep meme

unironically this

Every fucking day

Sleep about 5-6 hours a day if I'm lucky. I take naps in the middle of the day after work/school so is that ok or should I try to get more sleep sleep?