Veeky Forums what the fuck

Veeky Forums what the fuck.

I've been eating at a calorie deficit for almost SEVEN weeks now, and I don't appear to be losing a single pound. My starting weight was 222, and my BMR is 2,200 calories. According to caloric needs calculators, I needed 3,013 to maintain my current weight. I've been at 1900 calories every day (usually 100-200 less) for seven weeks, and I weight 219.8... Just barely over two pounds lost.

What the fuck is this? I've been tracking my foods religiously and according to the science, I should have been losing a pound a week.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpavkD7ot8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you're only doing cardio, you won't lose shit in comparison to what you would while lifting.

Even if I was sitting on my ass doing NOTHING, I should still have lost weight though, right? Like, does this not go against the simple Calories in, Calories out methodology? I'm eating a huge deficit and I'm not going to bed hungry or anything so I know I'm not starving. I can't figure out why I'm not losing.

Are you sure you're counting your calories correctly? Cook everything and weigh everything? Do you ever eat out? Account for oils?

this is so ridiculously not true

You're correct, if calories in

its not

3000 calories is a lot. I'm on my feet and running stairs all day as a waiter and I burn 3000 calories. I think you need to drop down to 1500.

Of course it's true, as a concept
The scale might be out but you lose more weight lifting+cardio than you so just doing cardio

Someone can't do cardio...

Try to be as autistic as possible when counting calories, the most probable cause is that you are undercounting them.

t. jogger
I go hiking at least 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time, nigger.

it's because the "science" is bullshit. there's more to it than calories in vs calories out.

>You so
You do*

I record my calories based on nutrition facts. Since I'm in college, a lot of the shit I eat is out of a can or box or whatever, and I eat fruits and veggies raw. On the occasions that I do eat out, I usually round up drastically just to be sure and compare it to really shitty fast food.

I'll step up my game in calorie counting, but I could have sworn that I am doing it correctly.

Just go for 1500 for a week and see the results.

youtube.com/watch?v=tpavkD7ot8I

You're welcome.

I eat 1800 being 6'6 and 220. Im making process. I dont think your tdee is 3000. Remember to put activity on sedentary and 30% bf. Then you should be around 1500 if you are average height

>cutting at 220 while 6'6"
Hello Mr. Skeltal.

What do you mean by nutrition facts?
What's written on the box?
If you're doing that keep an eye out for when it says something like
>A serving contains 500kcal
Then it says somewhere else
>Packet contains 3 servings

Energy drinks do it all the time to hide the true caffeine content.

I'd recommend the app MyFitnessPal, you scan the barcodes on the stuff you eat and it looks the product up in a massive database. If it can't find it you can create it as a custom food or drink and it uploads it to the database for other people to use.

You can track your weight on there too.

Steven jewniverse is my favorite tumblr post.

weight is not a good indicator of anything nub. but for seven weeks? Sounds like your filling your gob more than you should fatty

Only got into lifting recently so its mostly fat

One (or both) of the following is happening:

1. You are eating more calories than you think you are. You are weighing or measuring something wrong, or read the label wrong, Eg package says "servings per container = 3" and you counted it as one, you cooked something and didn't count the butter/cooking spray you put in the pan, something.

2. You are using too high of a number for your BMR/TDEE. Those online calculators always estimate too high. What you really have to do is just use that as a starting guesstimate, and then once you know your "calories in" is right, make adjustments based on what is actually happening to your weight.

So, in other words, regardless of how many calories you think you're eating or what you think your TDEE is, YOU ARE EATING AT MAINTENANCE. YOU ARE EATING AS MUCH AS YOU ARE BURNING. Period. So make adjustments based on the data you have collected : Drop 500 calories from your daily intake and you will lose a pound a week. (500 * 7 = 3500, the number of calories in one pound of body fat.)

Here's an example of what MFP looks like and does.

I make sure that I'm reading them correctly and I do track it on an app (Lose it!) but I'm not married to the app if there's a better one. I think the problem might be that I'm vastly overestimating the stuff that I get from restaurants which is still kind of rare but perhaps often enough.

I'm 6'0 and I definitely put the activity on sedentary. I'm 25 so I don't know if that has an effect on it.

I keep getting almost tricked by this. Especially with protein powder when the tub says 50g of protein or some shit and then the nutrition facts say 1 scoop/serving is 25g

It tracks nutrients too

This guy has nailed what might be going on. It's not often someone posts a genuinely very useful wall of text but this is one of them.

Yeah they're cheeky cunts aren't they
>60g sugar in 500ml

OP here, thanks to everyone for the thoughtful responses. I'll take a much closer look at my BMR and diet.

I wasnt losing any weight while cutting on 1500 calories, i put down everything into MFP and stayed at the same weight...
I didnt write down my tea and coffee, i have 6 cups of tea and 2 cups of coffee
6 cups of tea with milk is an extra 200 calories, no matter what you think youve written down, triple check everything

>I'm eating a huge deficit

No you're fucking not.

>watches tumblr tier nuCN tash
>is obese

Once again, life imitates art

either
>you aren't actualy eating 1900 kcal
>you aren't weighting yourself properly (first time in the morning while fasted, I only weight myself after taking my morning shit)
>you started eating more salt