Who here take COLD SHOWER

who here take COLD SHOWER

it is good

no

Cold shower increases energy expenditure for maintaining body temp. Kills gains.

I pay for hot water and I am going to use hot water.

>Are Eskimo the pinnacle of fitness?

That right, they aren't.

Also, Heat Shock Proteins

I do.

I kinda like it.

I do

beast

i do, mostly because my skin drys out easily so it helps with that and it's supposed to be good for your hair.
also it helps me wake up int he morning

I started doing it because people claimed it's alpha

I kept doing it because I realized I was no longer scolding my skin

Great way to wake up in the morning, and my skins looking alot better.

Do you know how retarded you sound?

every damn day

I wash with warm/lukewarm and then rinse with as cold as the shower will allow. If you start the cold water on your face instead of your chest or wherever else, it isn't nearly so shocking.

>t. the mammalian diving reflex

>Do you know how retarded you sound?

KEK

Yeah. The biggest actual benefit I've noticed is that my skin is better. Other than that and the benefit of building the willpower to do it on a cold morning, I haven't noticed anything else.

I hope you're not serious.

i do.
it helps against muscle soreness. at least in my experience.

scottish shower masterrace

This

I do, it has eliminated my sweating problem. I live in a humid as fuck state, and I would pit out my shirts just walking around the house. Cold showers stopped that, haven't had a pitted out shirt since.

>showering

I don't. Can't stand it. I always spasm out when I try it.

cold showers are great. i like to follow them up with hitting my head against the wall. 40-50 reps, it feels great when i stop. then if im motivated ill torture my urethra

Being this retarded is injurious to health.

hot or cold showers are the same shit

fuck off with broscience

>Current year
>Not /coldshowering/

never gonna make it

this Tbh

cold shower decrease test levels

I almost immediately noticed my skin looking better after 25 years of hot showers once I switched to cold showers

never gonna look back to hot showers

Similar effects to ice baths / cryo. Good for reducing inflammation, improving mood/depression, Improved immune function, etc. But the caveat is that not inflammation is bad. Taking a cold shower immediately after working out will hinder the gainz as it will reduce the inflamation necessary for hypertrophy. You should wait 1-2hrs before doing some sort of cold-shock therapy

I've been doing them for a year now, I didn't really notice any health benefits. The reason I do them is:
1) to train myself to be disciplined and do uncomfortable things and ignore the excuses your mind makes right before doing it (you guys who do cold showers know what I'm talking about), helps in all areas of your life
2) feels amazing after stepping out of the shower, especially in the winter

>increase test
>killz gainz

>Taking a cold shower immediately after working out will hinder the gainz

Proofs?

I have noticed no difference in my life. I still have acne on my forehead and sleep the same.

>that feeling of warm air when you step out of a cold shower

nice

Wrong, cold showers increase your test

How do you guys do it? I can't even endure 5 seconds

Is there any reputable science backing up any of this?
Or is this all just broscience?

I can't tell if you guys are memeing, but cold showers are a great way to cool down quickly when you don't want to blast the AC.

except that it's too cold for your body so it heats up and you end up sweating more than you would have with a luke warm shower

>Taking a cold shower
>Sweating
What are you? Some kind of animal?

That sounds nice in theory, but in practice I'm sweating well after a hot shower, where as after a cold shower it make take hours before I start sweating again.

>to train myself to be disciplined and do uncomfortable things and ignore the excuses your mind makes right before doing it

The main reason why I do cold showers. Ever since I've started doing it, it's so much easier to do shit I'd just make an excuse to avoid otherwise.

If you're someone who likes to bail out of situations because you don't like how it makes you feel, start doing cold showers. It's not gonna turn you into a badass or anything of the sort, but I'll be damned if it isn't a bit of a confidence booster in the real world.

This thread got me motivated, just took a cold shower. Could not hold it longer than 15 seconds. Feel pretty amazing now

A quick search on Google Scholar gave me the following results:
> Positive change
> Positive, albeit slight, change
> Nope
> Maybe, we need more test
So.... I guess?

At the end of a hot shower, turn it to cold to rinse off. Increase the length of the cold bit overtime.

1 week ago I tried ice cold shower for about 15 minutes, afterwards I felt good. Might be in my head though.

wait do any of you guys actually do a shower completely ice cold start to finish? should i do this?

i know you are joking but urethra torture has been linked to increased test. I usually hurt my urethra with one hand while fidgeting a fidget spinner with my other hand all while exposing my anus to direct sunlight

It's a little better for your skin, anything else is baseless broscience.

personal benefits from cold showers..

>come in from Florida heat, cold shower stops my sweating immediately.
>doesn't dry my skin out, especially my scalp
>somehow helps me sleep. might not apply to you. they wake some people up more
>develops will power

This is definitely true. Dousing yourself in cold water is great for dealing with the general unpleasantness of life. You don't look forward to it, but you just tell yourself that A. It doesn't hurt, B. Won't kill you, C. It will be over in less than a minute. Once you apply that thinking to other aspects of life (e.g. weightlifting), things become much more doable.

cold showers tighten up your'e pours leaving your skin smoothr and looking better preventing acne breakouts for prone skin. only factual benefit I'm aware of