Answer truthfully

Answer truthfully.

Who here has hit 1/2/3/4?

How long have you been lifting?

How long did it take you to get to 1/2/3/4 if you answered yes to the first question?

Took me a year. I was only bulking for half that time. If it takes you longer than 6-12 mo caloric surplus you have garbage tier genetics and need to get on TRT

Hit 1/2/3/4 when I was 17 in highschool and it took me about 15 months of lifting hard. Soon after I got to that point I slipped a disc in my back and havent squatted or deadlifted since. Right now I do 145 OHP 5x5 and 205 for 4x10 on bench. Im 5'9 185 for reference.

i hit 4/3/2/1 in like 6 months, but then between school and fiddling farting around, trying different programs wasted like a solid year of no gains.

Then i went on TM and was repping 4/3/2/1 in like 3 months

I've been lifting for four years and I still haven't hit it. I didn't learn about progressive overload until last year.

Yes, been lifting 2 and a half years.
Hit 1 and 2 seriously like 6 months into lifting for 1RM.
Currently OHP 155x5 and Bench 270x5
With that being said my squat and DL suck. Have insanely poor flexibiliy and continually aggreviate my back. I am finally starting to work on flexibiliy. Can squat 315x2 and DL 405x1. Hopefully when i become more flexible my lifts will go up.

1 year. Squat was the one that took the longest. OHP was first and took 6 months.

Took me exactly 9 months.

Had 5 years of kalisthenics / bb under my belt at this point but it was my first time doing compound lifts because I had never joined a gym before.

I haven't hit it yet but it's a goal I'm working toward.

I fell for lots of bro science before finding good exercise programs and logic, partly thanks to Veeky Forums

my OHP has hit 1 plate though, which does feel fantastic.

2 years

at which point I had

1.25/2/3.5/5

bench held me back the longest

>biceps activated
Uh oh

Not OP, but do you have any tips for catching up on bench?
My progress has been super slow

Has anyone here actually hit 1/2/3/4 after spending more than a year lifting screwing around?

Took me about 4 months but started of as a 300lb hambeast.

Are you talking about 1rm or for reps?

1rm was about a year starting with just the bar and not really paying much attention to diet.

For 5+ reps, another 4 or 5 months probably

i think this is only possible if you have a physical job beforhand. Like fi you work construction or something you have a base of strength. If youre a skelly or something id say its impossible.

I think I phrased it wrongly, sorry...

Has anyone actually hit 1/2/3/4 by doing proper programming after having screwing around for a long time? Or did I just wasted my noob gains...

I played football and i got 1/2/3/4 easy after two years no lifting

you cant waste noob gains. They arent set on a timer they are set on strength levels. Just get on a program dude youll be fine.
You expect me to believe you played football but didnt lift the entire time?

>?/1.75/3/3.5
Lifting for three months, but I'm a big guy (4 u) and I'm bulking on 4k calories a day.

I've been lifting for 3 years consistently and I'm still struggling with 1pl8 bench and sub-2pl8 deadlift and squat. 1/2/3/4 seems absurdly unobtainable. This life is truly suffering.

one year going 100 percent at it.

I got 2 and 3 and havent attempted 4 but I regularly dead three plates for 12 reps so Im sure I can do it.

I never really do OHP though.

i've been going for almost a year and am just about there. however i have been eating a caloric defecit reducing my weight from 80kg to 70kg. i don't think i will be able to hit it while still eating at a deficit.

Finally hit 4plate deadlift last week.
That was holding me back the longest. DIdn't want to switch to mixed group and didn't have chalk.
165/300/325/405 are my current maxes (2 years)

damn... nice stats...
how tall are you? how much did you weight before lifting and how much were you able to lift?

What do you eat to keep up a 4k diet?

Never trained bench so never 2 plated. It took me about 8 months when I was lifting heavy for the other three. Nowadays i'm just figuring out what I would want to do the most and focus on aesthetics rather than numbers

>Never trained bench

Started at 78 kg (around 18% bf I'd say), I have a wide frame and was fairly strong by normie standards
On my first day I squatted 5x65 kg and deadlifted 5x2pl8 , bench must have been about 50 kg for five reps (I kept it light because I wanted to get form right, I'm fully confident I could have done maybe 20% more on all three lifts if I had disregarded form a little)

Breakfast, lunch and dinner, with two (big) snacks in between and one before bed. 4k may seem a little high, but if you break it down into 3x900 + 3x400 it's much more reasonable.
Lots of chicken and beef, lots of oats and rice pasta and bread, lots of peanut butter, lots of vegetables.
Also like one liter of milk a day, tried up to three but my shits became almost liquid, so I stopped that.

Seems solid bulking mate. I read a gallon of milk first haha.

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the amount of guys I've witnessed pull 4 plates and squat 3 plates for actual depth one each of the 3/4 gyms Ive been a member at. Not saying those are necessarily that hard but no one actually does it.

tfw I have a .88/1/3/4.5
screw these shitty shoulders and wrist genetics.

I've been raising my lifts since October, and I'm stuck at 1/2/2.5/3. It'll just take me a while to get there. I've made so much progress already, if I just keep going I'm sure I'll get 1/2/3/4 by the end of the year.

Not user your responding to but in hs football we never lifted.

I seriously have a tough time believeing that. I went to a small as fuck HS that was also poor as fuck and the whole team still lifted.

increase tricep work

We practiced from 230-730pm. It was all running + pushing sleds and shit + light contact.
We were number 2 out of 14 hs in our city and all of our schools are like 1500 students. Not sure why we never lifted though.

Thats funny how that works. My graduating class was 69 people.

I guess it's mostly techniques and shit more so than strength.

other response wasn't me

bench 3x a week, lots of volume, lots of bodybuilder type work, lots of calories

bigger muscles will directly translate to a bigger bench and marginally better leverages

add.weighted dips to your routine and eat

Been 14 months so far. for 1rm i am at 1/1.75/2.75/3.5

Came out of my mums pussy and hit 2/3/4/5
C I N C I N N A T I

i hit 1/2/2.5/3
this is 2.5 years starting from skellymode
my diet is shit because i'm lazy and don't want to eat.

5.5 months lifting
4.5 months to get 1/2/3/4. deadlift was last, put pulled 405 for 5 when I finally did it.

Sitting 1/1.95/3.5/4
I hit 3 plates on squat when bench was still 185, now bench has been stuck at 215 for almost 12 weeks
>release me from this hell

Dumb question: is 1/2/3/4 1RM?

10 reps each

937 baby

Squat 330x5
OHP 140x5
Bench 220x5
Diddle 390x1

Not sure why the deads are lagging but I've been lifting less than a year and should hit that 4pl8 soon.

i had been lifting for 2½ year once i hit 1/2/3/4

if i had followed the damn program that time might have been way shorter.

right now i'm at

1.5/2.5/4/4.25

Everyone should also post their BW

Fatties need not apply

hit it at around 8 months. 5'8 and 160 at that time

1pl8 ohp for double
i hate bench
3pl8 squat for single
4pl8 deadlift for single

Lifting since september last year
6'2 almost 220lbs

I really dislike benching
If i would have program that focuses hitting this 1234goal and be tad bit more focused i would hit it much earlier, but now im working on form and slowly focusing on deadlifts only since my bodytype is good for that, not so much bench with my long ass arms and lanky proportions

for 5 reps i hit 1/2 after about 2 years
still havent hit 3/4 and i'm even further away now because i cut from 85kg down to 70

turbosekletons, people recently woken up from a coma, and horribly disfigured individuals aside, it shouldnt take you more than 6 to 8 months to hit 2 plate bench, three plate squat and four plate deadlift. ohp is a meme lift and shouldnt be used as a standard of anything

Hit it at 17 years old after about 1.5 year of lifting twice a week, spending most of my time playing hockey. 2pl8 bench took me the longest, I think I hit 3pl8 squat and 4pl8 dl after more like a year.

sorry I'm new, when you guys talk about 1/2/3/4 is that your max or what you're repping?

usually it's 1rm

>Who here has hit 1/2/3/4?
I assume everybody that tries to give out advice.
Ideally, everyone who actually posts anything.
>How long have you been lifting?
Since I was 26, so 5 years
>How long did it take you to get to 1/2/3/4 if you answered yes to the first question?
Less than 1 year actually. First time holding an actual barbell was around january 2012, first time benching 2pl8 was april, 4pl8 deadlift was june, 3pl8 squat was july (didn't know how to actually squat, went completly loose in the hole).
1pl8 OHP was a doozy, because I got it the first time I actually had a 20kg barbell and 40kg of weight.
So around early april 2012

thx br

Bro, I just came inside of your mums pussy and hit 2/3/4/5

Took me about 15 months most of it was cutting and the thing that held me back was deadlifts since I was insistent on having a flat back when doing them so reset multiple times.

I hit 1/2/3/4 maybe a year into lifting seriously, hit 1.5/3/4/5 about two years in (my OHP has always been shit). That was about the strongest I've ever been, got set back a bunch from sports related injuries and kind of lost interest in lifting for strength. Now it's all about them abzzz.

Confirmed for not reading the sticky
If you had just done SS you'd already be at your goal.

Nearly there. 450 diddy, 3pl8 squat, 1pl8 ohp, 150 bench. 2 years liftin.

Why is your bench taking so long?

Is this max or for reps?

This

Hit 4 after 7 months, almost hit 5 3 months later, got to 4.75 in the end but I was getting too fat so I'm dieting and have lost so much strength as my fat ass has become less fat.

Post physique plz

hit it at 16 after about 8 months lifting. Had about 9 years of sports experience beforehand though so I was already strong and athletic. Since then I just focused on bodybuilding. Haven't maxed out in a long ass time, and I don't plan to.

1/2/3/4 took me about 3.5 years of semi-serious lifting. 1/2 was pretty easy for me but getting my squat and deadlift took a while. I had a lot of setbacks with cut/bulk cycles and a trip to snap city. It's not until the past 8 months or so I've been making good steady progress. Trying to hit 5 reps of 1/2/3/4 in a month.

Don't get discouraged it takes most ppl more than a year and most never make it there.

I'm 5'7 160lbs btw. Don't have strong man genes

For 5x5 reps, for a 1rm most guys sacrifice form just to get it done

yes

lifting for 9 months (lifted a bit 3 years ago so had slight base and technique base)

it took around 4.5 months to get 1/2/3/4

currently at 1.5/2.75/5/5 (singles)

So, 1 plate is 45 LBS/20KG on each side?

If it is. its a fuking meme.

1.5/2.5 after a year of non-consistent training, but when I trained I trained hard and ate well.
My back is too close to the snap city to do deadlifts and squats.

Been lifting for I don't know how long...

Shit-tier genetics reporting in but fuck it, I've hit 1/2.5/4/4. The last one I made was diddly since for some reason I wasn't able to put on the last 5lbs neccecary to lmao4pl8 it. But 3 months ago I fucking got it.

Feltgoodman

OHP was almost less than a month, I never really went for the 2pl8 bench but I was doing 10 kg less for reps easily, but I never really cared for bench, I can bench 2 pl8 now but I didn't focus on it, my OhP is strong enough to make up for my chest now also, squat and deadlift took me about 7 months maybe, 1RM thought

1pl8 ohp and 2pl8 bench took me a few months
3pl8 squat and 4pl8 deadlift took about a year

I was fattie when I started but I haven't lost any strenght while dropping weight because I trained all through it

1 rep for DL, 5 reps (actually 5x5) for others

Seriously is this 1RM?
There seems to be different opinions

>1pl8 bench
>4.5pl8 dl
So you achieved the t-rex mode

It's for whatever the fuck you want it to be, if you can do them for a single you can still do them, it's just a dick measuring contest saying it's for 5 or 5x5 or 10, whatever. Personally I don't think it's much of a difference, took me. less then a month on each of these to go from it being a 1rm to a 5 rep.

Usually for reps, which are 5 reps.

>1.5/1.5/2/3.9

why is my OHP going up while my bench has been stagnant

Its catching up with the bench. Trying implementing inclined bench as well, developing upper pecs and triceps help with the bench in the long run

>wrist genetics
Do you have 4" wrists user? Because I don't see how it would matter if they're any bigger

Hit 1/2/3/4 at about 10 months in, broke down like this.

Deadlift was first at 4 months
Squat was next at 4.5 months
OHP was next at 5 months
Bench at 10 months

For reference I started at 175lbs at 6'2" and was 195lbs when I got there.

Now I'm ~225 lbs at have 520/315/550 s/b/d after lifting 2.5 years.

1/1.5/2.5/4

I might technically be able to squat 3 plate for a rep but I avoid going as heavy as possible on squats to avoid snapping my shit up

idk why my bench is low relative to my OHP

oh hey you're just like me glad to know I'm not the only one. I actually don't mind it that much either though I would love to finally bench 2 plate. Seems like it'll never happen at this point even though I know eventually it will, just like I thought 1 plate OHP would never happen.

big shoulders are a big part of looking jacked though so fuck it, let my OHP go as high as it wants

not him but i have 5.5" wrists. basically my dick has more girth than my wrists. almost all pushing exercises i start to feel in my forearm bones before my muscles so i have to stop

3 weeks (the first time I touched weights I was already stronger and only squat had to catch up)

push press =/= OHP, 1:1 press/bench is impossible

you're probably bending your spine like a retard or push pressing

Reached 1/2/3/4 after a year 2 months

Now been lifting a year and 5 and I'm at 1/2.2/4/4

OHP is a bitch

>I've been lifting for four years and I still haven't hit it. I didn't learn about progressive overload until last year.
Wait what, why did you lift weights? Did you think you just had to pick things up and one day magically you'd be able to do more?

Genuinely confused as to how reasoning like that could exist, especially for 4 years, let alone 4 days.

You are the opposite of me. I hit 3 pl8 squat within 9 months but OHP and Bench didn't come til 1 year.
I think volume was my biggest problem, I treated OHP like Squat and did 3x5 and 4x5 instead of 5x8+ or whatever

3/4/5 was exponentially better feeling than 2/3/4, just an FYI