ROUTINE GENERAL

>no routine & feedback general
What happened to this place since trappy died?

What's your routine, fit? Get feedback and share advice

i used to do PPL, but i felt that my OHP would suffer since i would bench first. So now I do shoulders the same days as back and looks like so:

A:
Bench
Incline Bench
Dips
BB curl
Tricep extensions
DB incline curls

B:
OHP
Pull ups
BB rows
Cable rows
Lat raises
UPright rows
Shrugs

C:
Squats
Deads
Abs

U/L/U/L GZCL based split, 4 week progression cycles.

Lower both have front squat as primary lift, upper has heavy bench and light press one day and heavy press and light bench the other.

How do you hit rear delt?

Several kinds of rows and OHP nigger. Even holding shit above your head trains rear delts.

i was thinking of switching up the upright rows for rear delt flyes actually and only have one exercise for my traps

When I'm doing rows i initiate the movement by engaging the scaps/pinch you shoulders back but it feels like I'm just flexing traps. That's why i try to isolate rear delts with reverse pec deck or something

Sometimes we hear shit like
> Texas Method ... mediocre for the bench
Let it be known by all that there are at least a half-dozen different versions of TM in PPST3RD which bench press heavy twice a week (instead of alternating bench/overhead every session), but nobody seems to know about them, because nobody seems to actually READ the book, they just go by the meme versions or the first TM layout provided.
If you enjoy the Texas Method for Squats, or generally like Rippetoe's style of training, and want to Bench Press heavy twice a week, try one of those templates out. From the PDF with (page numbers) (caps in the original in the book)
> A Sample Template for the Dynamic Effort Method #4. (163)
> A Sample Template Introducing Max Effort Work to the Texas Method (165)
> TEXAS METHOD FOR POWERLIFTING (overview begins bottom of 170)
> FOUR-DAY TEXAS METHOD: VERSION #2 (181)
> Program for Powerlifting or Power Sports (182)
> High Volume/Low Intensity – Low Volume/High Intensity Training Pattern (184)

I used to do PPL but it was too much re: legs recovery so I sacrificed a legs day (PPLxPPx + cardio and biking everyday). Then realized delts were developing much more than chest and OHP was improving faster than bench, so to focus on chest more, I removed the delts exercises and put them on the former legs day.

Push (chest and tris only), Pull, LEGS/delts (Squat, DL, then some light side and front raises), Push, Pull, DELTS/legs (OHP, raises, rear delts + leg press and calves)

A bit of a mess but been doing it for a couple of weeks and enjoying this change, I still get at least 48hrs rest between all three push days, legs and shoulders get hit twice a week (albeit lightly on the second day) and the chest days feel more satisfying and focused.

Texas Method's general recommendation of Volume - Recovery - Test is just pussy as fuck 99% of the time. Intermediates can and should push themselves harder, that shit is just unnecessarily frequent deloading. Practical Programming as an overall book is great, I just think the core template is shit (and yes I'm aware there's variations, but you'd be dishonest to say it doesn't generally advocate the above style).

I want to get a strength base to start doing aesthetics in a couple of months.

Is Ivysaur 448 a good routine for this? I find this program a lot more fun! It is never really spoken about on Veeky Forums

Ivysaur's a smart dude, his routine's are a LOT of volume because his opinion upon reading the research is more is pretty much always better; which there is evidence for but be wary of burn-out.

Am starting exam period, so I will be sleeping 9 hours a day + resting all the rest of the day, so that hopefully won´t be a problem!

Then do one of the split versions, no "light" days in them, just volume days and intensity days. You're being dishonest by saying the book pushes only the first version. It's the internet meme community that pushes the first version and ignores all the others. Also thanks for ignoring the main point which is that critiques of "bad for bench" ignore the multitude of programs which bench heavy twice a week.

Cool it, big boy.

A:
Bench 2x5 1x5+
Pendlay Row 2x5 1x5+ 60% of Deadlift
Squat 2x5 1x5+
Strict Hammer Curl 2x8-12
Single Arm Face Pull 2x12-20

B:
Press 2x5 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+ 120% of Squat
Shrugs 3 sets with DB Row weight
Abs

C:
Incline Bench 2x5 1x5+ 80% of bench rounding down
Pull Ups 3x5-10
Squat 2x5 1x5+
Preacher Curl 2x5-8
Face Pull 2x10-15

I add 10 or 15 minutes of conditioning to the end of each workout too

A:
1x5 -Deadlift
3x5 -OHP
3x10 -Pullup
3x10 -Curls
2xF -Abs

B:
3x5 -Squat
3x5 -Bench
3x5 -Row
3x10 -Dips
3x10 -Tricep extension

I've been doing that for a very long time.
Should I switch it for a routine with more volume?

I started last Tuesday. I just walk for 20 minutes at a 3.2 pace and 1.5 incline
Do 4 sets of ten inclined benches with 50lb dumbbell
4 sets of ten back rows( the machine where you row like you're in a boat)
And 4 sets of ten using chest press

Pls no bully. I'm just starting out

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A:
Front squats 3x5
OHP 3x5
KB Swings 3x 60 seconds
KB Get ups 3x8
Pull ups 3x8

B:
DL 1x5
Weighted decline push ups 3x10
Weighted dips 3x8
KB get ups 3x8
Yates rows 3x5

Comments or concerns lads? Appreciate it

Naturally Enhanced baybay

Are you still getting stronger on all your lifts?

I improve, then I stall and slack, then I start again and improve a little more

Why no back squat ?

Can you alter a PPL to PushLegsPullLegs ? How many exercises should you try for each day? One compound, four accessories?

If you're a girl, yes.

If you're a guy with painfully skinny legs and an overdeveloped upper body, yes.

If you're anything else, no.

dont have a squat rack at all. Im /homegym/ and place the bar between two saw horses. To "unrack" I actually start in the front squat position and squat up to get it out.

On which day would you do deadlift on a PLPL routine?

then keep going. As long as it's working don't change a thing. Once it stops working completely switch to an intermediate program.

>be doing SS ~6 months ago beating my head against the wall
>follow idiotic advice to "just eat more bro you'll squat 900lbs in no time"
>eating like 5-6 thousand calories a day
>get fat, while shockingly not doubling and tripling my lifts
>switch to 5/3/1, add conditioning, cut diet down to around 2,300 calories
>lifts continue to not make progress
>still have 10lbs I want to lose before I start building up again
At this point I'm seriously considering switching to either TM or Madcow, because adding 5lbs a week to my lifts seems pretty good compared to literally no progress, but have two questions:
Is it practical to do either of these programs on a caloric deficit?
Will switching programs actually help me make some progress on my lifts, or is stalling this hard while cutting just an unavoidable part of natty lifting?

what do you think of this

>If you're a girl, yes.
>If you're a guy with painfully skinny legs and an overdeveloped upper body, yes.

Perfect then!

Pull days.

I'd do RDL on a leg day as I want one leg day that focuses more on quads and the second more on hams.

A:

db bench
incline db bench
db fly
reverse bb curl
db hammer curl
db alternating curl
wrist curl
straight plank
sit ups

B:

chin ups
alternating db rows
dips
lying triceps extension
close grip bench
hyperextension
reverse wrist curl
straight plank

C:

leg extension
back squats
lying leg curl
sitting hip adduction
sitting hip abduction
45 degree calf raises
lateral raise
sitting db shoulder press
sitting reverse fly
ohp

my routine is muai thay training mondays and wednesdays, and lifting on the rest of the week. so basically mAmBCxx.

I don't really know if my whole routine is good or not like this, with chest/biceps, back/triceps and legs/shoulder days, and I think it's lacking on core exercises.

any suggestions anons?

another thing, pretty much everything is 3x10 reps, while planks are 3x1 minute and situps is basically 2x30 and last rep until failure or bored, whatever comes first.

Why not just continue on 531 and do 3x5 on the mainlift and add 5 lbs a week?

because i like memes thats why

Currently doing a slightly modified SS, been going to gym for about 3 months now

Day A
Chin Ups 1x10
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 3x5 (if Im stuck I change to barbell)
Back Squat 3x5 (alternate between back/front depending on progress)
Deadlift 1x5
Farmers Walk 5 sets until failure

Day B
Chin Ups 1x10
Overhead Press 3x5
Squat 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Farmers Walk 3 sets until failure

ABABABx
x=rest
A= Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Abs
Flat BB bench 3x8-12
OHP 3x8-12
Incline DB bench 3x12
Lateral raises 3x8-12
Skullcrushers/Tricep extension 3x8-12
Rear deltoid raises 3x8-12
Crunches 3x20 + 1xF

B=Back, Legs, Biceps, Forearms, Traps, Abs
Deadlifts 1x5
Hanging leg raises 3xF
Chinups/Pullups 3xF
Leg Extensions 3x8-12
Leg Curls 3x8-12
BB row/Pendlay row/Kroc Row 3x8-12
Calf Raises 3x20 + 1xF
Bicep BB or DB curls 3x8-12
Shrugs 3x20
Forearm curls 3x12
Crunches 3x20 and 1xF

Is it possible to get to 1/2/3/4 x 5x5 on Stronglifts? Has anyone here done it?

A/B/A/B/C/Rest/Rest

A:
Incline bench/OHP 5/3/1
Chinups 5x10
Db OHP/ Incline bench 5x10
Db row 5x10

B:
Hip Thrust 5x10
RDL 5x10
Glute bridges 5x10

C:
Lateral raises 6x10-15
Chinups 5/3/1
Db row 5x10
Curls 3x10

Monday - 100pullups/chinups
Tuesday - 45 minute cardio
Wednesday - 100 pushups
Thursday - 45 minutes cardio
Friday - 100 bodyweight squats
Saturday - 6x2 beers to the face
Sunday - 6x2 beer to the face

I'll probably put this PPL into effect for a month to see how I like it. The only thing I'm really concerned about and I want feedback on is the order of exercises. For instance on push day is it better to do the big barbell compounds in the order listed or should I do bench press immediately followed by incline dumbbell press for the sake of keeping the pressure on the pecs? On leg day

--Push--
Bench BB Press
OHP
Incline DB Press
Lateral Raises
Skull-crushers
V-Bar Triceps Push-down

--Pull--
BB Bent Over Rows
Pull Ups
Shrugs
21 Burn Out Curls
Face Pulls
Hammer Curls

--Legs--
Squats
Calf Raisers
Deadlifts
Leg Press
Weighted Decline Crunches

And periodically through the week additional grip work with hand grips.

Woops didn't finish my post.

On leg day what's the best order?

This one is starting to circulate around Veeky Forums. Looks decent. I would still do rows though, maybe on it's 3rd phase.

WTF is "Chimera Strength" supposed to mean?

Greyskull LP or Lvysaur 448 for advanced beginner?

Anyone ever run coolcicada's ppl? Pic related