Forward Head Posture help

Hello Veeky Forums. I have a bad case of FHP I've been trying to fix since I think it's messing with my sleep, giving me headaches and messing with the nerves in my right arm. I got a video on how to fix it from you guys in a thread a month ago. It was this video
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
I've been doing these exercises twice a day for about a month and for the most part I notice a positive difference. I can maintain proper posture for about 10 minutes after without feeling strangled. But it's seems to have worsened the radiculopathy in my right arm to the point where my ring and pinky finger are numbed down to my elbow. I asked my doctor about it and he immediately prescribed me an anti depressants duloxetin without really saying how it would help. I really hate taking anti depressants. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do? Any stretches or excersises to add or not do? Also an ergonomic computer chair you'd recommend. The one I have now is killing me and has to neck support.
I appreciate it in advance Veeky Forums, you guys have helped me more than any doctor has in the past.

Go ask different doctors. They are people too; they can suck and be incompetent or just not care. Talking from experience. Dont be too lazy to get a second opinion and no Veeky Forums is not a doctor, hes a hack(er).

>that video

go to a doctor. Personally, I find when I isolate my lower traps, rhomboids, rear delts, stretch my upper traps, pecs, anterior deltoid and biceps I tend to feel better and sharply decrease my headaches and jaw tightness.
Sitting tall also helps, and I also use a small pillow when I sleep to keep my neck from rotating left and right.
I also advice on developing better thoracic mobility and thoracic rotation. I assume you have a desk job

stop doing it

you fix your posture by having good posture. initially you have to force it and keep checking yourself and it's tiring but eventually it just becomes habit and finally a natural position

Maybe it's a combination of my state and my insurance, but I keep getting shit doctors who either try to shove anti depressants on me or ignore me and push me off onto another doctor. The most help I've gotten came from info by chiropractors and an acupuncturists who showed me how to get slightly better sleep.
What's wrong with the video? It actually helped me a little. Ive had shit posture all my life and yeah I'm on my ass most of the time and i hace a shitty chair which is why I'm in this situation. What particular excersises do you do to help with that and the muscles you mentioned? Ive only started excersising recently so excuse my ignorance
>41473672
Before I started doing those stretches I couldn't keep proper posture without feeling like oxygen was being cut off to my head. Had brain fog and tunnel vision. It's not so bad now though. It still only works for about 10 to 15 minutes before I start hunching again.

Whats wrong with the video?
Im sometimes doing it when my neck is tense and it always helps.

currently seeing a chiropractor for the same thing

she made a few adjustments which has made it easier to hold myself upright, my shoulder had dropped and hip was raised (my body is basically twisted)

only had one session and she gave me an exercise for the neck/head

basically do 5 reps of pic related 3 times a day (morning mid day and evening is best)

noticing improvment already

drawing is shitty but explained it best i can. good luck

I'll give it a shot, thanks

Also anyone who uses a desktop alot got a good chair they can recommend?

Stop seeing a quack

This
Try to imagine someone has strung hooks through your nipples and you are being pulled by them. Its outlandish and weird but it helped me remember

kneeling chair

Do I maintain my arms straight outwards while doing the chins?

Just train your core with regular weight lifting. And try to have good posture while standing and walking. Keep your shoulder blades in one straight line and imagine someone is pulling your head upwards at all times.

Oh God I tried one of those and it was so fucking painful. Can't concentrate worth shit in em

hold your sternum up

Thanks will look at later

That line of thinking actually might work I'll try that.

yeah, should feel pull under your chin down side if doing right

careful you are not engaging muscles in back or neck shouulders or traps

experiment a little until you feel the muscles i mentioned working and then hold in that position

Will do

can't understand exercise