Water Fast

Does the water fast really work?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/2623528
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so is it fasting and drinking lots of water
or is it fasting water, as in, stop drinking water?

one seems like no shit dieting trick and the other seems like a one way trip to the hospital

>3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat, and plasma insulin concentrations in both men and women while a diet of 500-600 calories on 2 of 7 days per week induces loss of abdominal fat, improves insulin sensitivity; and reduces blood pressure.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/

>a study in the june 5 issue of the Cell Stem Cell shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage - a major side effect of chemotherapy -- but also induces immune system regeneration, shifting stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

>fasting for three days can regenerate your entire immune system
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/

>Intermittent fasting, in which individuals fast on consecutive or alternate days, has been reported to facilitate weight loss preventing the progression of type 2 diabetes and consequently improve cardiovascular risk.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/

>Diet mimicking fasting promotes regeneration and reduces autoimmunity and multiple sclerosis symptoms
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/

absolutely not, why would you even think that?

>0 cals
>0 nutritional value
>tastes like air or metallic soap
>muh hydration

S I P S
>0 cals
>vitamins n shit
>energy
>keeps you awake
>tastes good
>makes you look cool

There is clearly no contest

You forgot artificial sweetener

/sipsfasting/

holy shit i never thought of it this way.

thanks bro

Yes.

That image is a load of shit. The monkeys are fed the same kind of food with just an increase in calories while the human "equivalent" is obviously made up to push a narrative.

>That image is a load of shit

obviously you didnt read all of it. it clearly compares a "calorie restriction diet" to a diet that has twice the amount of calories.

Yea that's pretty stupid. If all they consider is calories according to their approximation for a male you could just one hot-n-ready every day instead of vegan salads

look at it now and tell me its bullshit

>Calorie restriction diet
>Rather than having similar foods that an average person would eat it uses shitty vegan foods for the "healthy" section
You're not reading between the lines. You could get the same calorie restriction by having smaller portions of the shit on the right.

no, i get what you're trying to say. the part at the bottom doesnt correlate at all with the part at the top though. the fact that whoever made the image was pushing a narrative doesnt invalidate the efficacy of calorie restriction

I agreed with the calorie restriction part. I disagree with the narrative being pushed behind the image.

same here, i probably should have cropped it out to start with. i'm not a vegan shill by any means

I'm not arguing with the study. The example of food is just very misleading. I am pro fasting

Yes. See pic related for guide.

>review
>news article
>article that doesn't show difference in effects beyond hormone pulse timing
>news article
>retarded single page review used to promote ramadan that doesn't compare to isocaloric non-IF
>paper that only discusses therapeutic diets for people with MS

truly astounding my man

try this one
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/2623528

>Alternate-day fasting does not produce superior weight loss or weight maintenance compared with daily calorie restriction.

Why do these water fading threads keep popping up so much lately? Fuck it's not even summer yet

As weird as it sounds, these fad thread waves come from a few autists constantly creating threads. In this case it's the nu-tripfaggots you see here trying to become relevant, who else would have premade responses made up for such a bad premise

He recommends Jason Fung and not Dr. Joel Wallach

yeh my friend water fasted for 9 months and his anime came to life

No but water slow does wonders.

>20 water fast threads in last week
How many threads do you need for this? I suppose 3 per day isn't enough?

>Dr. Joel Wallach

Literally, who?

>jamanetwork

>credible source

pick 1

wow you made look completely retarded

why would you include an article that looks at people with MS

So what are you trying to say here? If one isn't superior to the other, both are still effective. You're just creating pointless controversy

Samefag

S I P S

>tastes like jizz
>causes brain lesions
>has killed at least five people
>increases estrogen production
>causes sleep paralysis and night terror
>erectile dysfunction
>no one will like you anymore
>is made from cockroach eggs
>invades your favorite board with obnoxious commercials

Did that faggot die yet?