/plg/

Welcome to /plg/, powerlifting general. Share dank lifts, PRs, and comfy foods.

Friendly reminder to eat more, try harder, keep your shit clean and build momentum.

>tfw to intelligent too not squat edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B__fKmNNrh0
youtu.be/LF8MCU1VBoU
youtu.be/ZedpEsu03PU
youtu.be/JoqK4lgAeoU
researchgate.net/publication/263746347_Recommendations_for_natural_bodybuilding_contest_preparation_Resistance_and_cardiovascular_training
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10204826
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Perfect.

Can I get a form check? First vid is my squat, 215x5. Was my third set and I was a little gassed out, and on my third rep I farted and lost some tension. Friend of mine said my heels came up, which I noticed in the vid. Is this an issue?
youtu.be/B__fKmNNrh0

Second video is deadlift, 375x5. Things I noticed was that i can definitely work on keeping my back straighter throughout the pull. Should I sink my hips a little lower? It almost looks like I'm straight legging it, but it doesn't feel that way when I pull
youtu.be/LF8MCU1VBoU

R8, h8, advice, etc. Feel free too make fun of my tiny calves of you must.

who wants to meet panzie next year

MEet me in Toronto and uill kiick your fucking ass kid

Anyone here ran multiple cycles of 5/3/1? I'm getting a little bored/burnt-out of sheiko ILL and don't know anyone who's ran 5/3/1 and gotten respectable lifts. Is it a meme?

try keeping your chest up more its collapsing

Dumb question, but does the lift still count after this?

im on my 3rd cycle im still going strong are you eating enough?

Ran 5/3/1 for about 2 years while i played football, and every max day (about 3 months apart) my lifts went up significantly. I was in perma bulk mode and constantly getting fatter so keep that in mind

can we say that fat momentum strenght will go a bit away if we lose weight? I believe it has a role and that's why most of those athletes are fat, just like those fat short female nurses which can move 80kg people without a hitch

Drunk

of course you are a leaf you faggot. kys.

Cut too 210 from 270 and went from a 600 pound squat too a 350 feelsbadman

Lol no

it's three red lights for a yellow card

>gf is posting bikini pics on instagram

comment flirty emojis to remind everyone that she's yours and don't worry about it. Being insecure only harms you, her, and the relationship

>be me
>w5 of c6w
>perform a twinlex tier good morning squat
>guy behind me points out that i shouldnt squat like that because its bad for my back
>o-ok
>immediately pack up my shit and go home

but it all seriousness how much form breakdown is acceptable when maxing out?

I can't, I don't have instagram

its fine you autist

If your form is breaking down to the point of injury then you fucked up. Other than that i say lift on

Shes looking for praise and attention
The dicking is just a bonus
Have you set up your cuck shed yet?

Didnt rerack it, so no

Tried arching a bit more today, 6th set of 6 at 90kg.

>first rep of all OHP sets
>get light headed and almost drop the bar
>then do the next 4 reps totally fine

what

Did my max today after Layne Norton's Ph3 program.
Before: Squat-140kg
Bench-120kg
Deadlift-185kg

After: Squat-165kg
Bench-125kg
Deadlift-200kg

So proud of myself lads. Am I hatting big boy numbers yet?

>doing PH3 with SS stats
Please be 60kg manlet

lol apparently not then

NORMAN KHAN IS POURING OUT MY BUTTHOLE

I REPEAT
I AM TAKING A GIANT NORMAN KAHN

I SMELL IT

ITS FECAL MATTER

It's great you're progressing, but you're severely short changing potential gains by running PH3 when you're presumably not advanced.
How much do you weigh?

HOLY FUCK LADS IT WAS A ONE WIPER

Thanks dude. I've been training for 2ish years and pretty much stagnating for half of that so a PT friend of mine gave me the PH3 program to do.

And I'm 90kg lanklet :/

No reason why TM shouldn't work for your squats, Nuckols 3x int medium bench should be good, and maybe try Nuckols for deadlift too.
For real though at your weight with those stats you shouldn't be doing a 13 week program unless you're the most GDE that ever dead ended.

Here, let me help: mix the following into a three/four day a week DUP setup adding weight by feel because you're a big boy now:

Squatting mostly done for medium-high reps and possibly highbar and/or beltless if you like dank memes

Benching for many many sets in the 2-5 range with excellent technique plus a decent amount of bro lifting.

Deadlifting heavy for medium/low volume and hammering posterior chain volume with RDLs/GMs etc.

Heavy front squats because they make you a better person, a thousand sets of pullups and rows (chest supported = #1) because back work for healthy shoulders really isn't a meme and because nobody with a small back looks big

Some forward collapse is okay. Twinklexing is okay if you're in your first six months. Otherwise do more paused squats.

Very wobbly desu. Maybe your back feels tight but your feet/ass/hips are dancing all over the place

This picture always makes me think its in a fucking shopping mall.

I've probably altogether done 10 cycles of 531 throughout my lifting career, only really worked well for deadlift desu, so I do different programming for my other lifts

Currently on 531 and got a 330kg deadlift from it a few days ago

Miiight need a video of that one m9

youtu.be/ZedpEsu03PU
There ya go lad

i am wet

>0:21

Good weight but you are going to snap your shit up someday with form like that.

Eventually it caught up to me and I bruised a disc. Took 6 months of rehab, countless chiro visits and form practice to get back to where I was. I mean if it works good for you, I used to get no pain from my form, but one day it fucked me up so hard I couldn't bend over to tie my shoe laces.

Bad form

Who are you? I need to know.

Thx

I got perfect form, ur delusional xD

lol why are there random soccer moms in the background

Some class was going on

Sounds like Jesus
Or Rasputin

Rasputin wasn't here in 2014 tho.

At what rate after transitioning from a cut to bulk should I add volume back in?

I think it's recommended to eat maintenance and train moderate volume for a couple of weeks before starting the bulk.
Your training cycle probably starts with volume fairly low anyway, tho, so I don't think it matters all that much unless you're thinking of drastically increasing the volume.

>couple of weeks before starting the bulk
But I wanna lift more now :(

I'm doing 5/3/1 and I'm at the tail end of my cut so I'm pretty much done after my last work set. I've tried doing a couple of first set last on good days but it's hard. I wanna stick to the routine when I start bulking again because I like it and it fits with my job, but I want to add more volume which I felt I lacked last time, e.g. jokers and FSLs.
Maybe stay away from jokers to start with and do one or two FSL depending on the day? I just want to push myself and do more in the gym, cutting sucks ass.

>I just want to push myself and do more in the gym
C6W is great for pushing yourself :^)

New deadlift pr yesterday: 155kg x5
still pretty shitty at 85kg, but c6w has worked wonders so far.

I don't think the cut/bulk transition matters all that much for regular people unless they go nuts with the difference between the phases. So you could just say fuckit and start the bulk when you start your next cycle.
Like you said, add one thing at a time, and start with FSLs. Add Jokers in a later cycle.

If I OHP a lot - will I get juicy shoulders? I want them to be a bit broader man.

yes
pressing 100kg or more overhead will get you much bigger shoulders (including side delts) than doing lateral raises with bitch weight dumbbells

It really works the lateral shoulder effectively?
That's cool.

Then I will make OHP my new bench accessory and drop dumb bell bench I guess.
Or I do both, but that might be too much.

Military Press doesnt build lateral delts that effectively at all, due to the line of force not being on the lateral Delt when pressing, because the shoulder is externally rotated

Just do both military presses as well as lateral Raises if you want bigger lateral delts

Anyone want to see if my deadlift form is OK? I was in the habit of bouncing the reps up off the floor instead of from a dead stop so I've changed a bit.
youtu.be/JoqK4lgAeoU

congratulations on your new one rep maxes, Sean

FAKE NATTY ALERT

My first cut since I began lifting and its been a fucking disaster
>lost 10kg
>all fucking quad/ham atrophy
>trousers fit me now
>LOST 20KG FROM DEADLIFT
>LOST EVEN MORE FROM SQUAT
>DON'T EVEN LOOK LEANER
>lowerbody is disproportionately small
>Increased my bench by 2.5kg

I genuinely don't enjoy lifting anymore. As soon as I get somewhere it gets taken away from me quicker than I got it.

Just gonna do bench only until my shoulder blows out

What did you do, lad?

Shut up yoshi

Idk! I just have no energy so all things taxing never got worked properly.

So you were on a deficit and didn't put in enough work to minimize strength and muscle loss?

I put in all the effort I could physically expend.
I would leave the gym on the verge of vomiting

So you did too much?

How large was the deficit?

About 500 calories, been riding this deficit for almost 3 months and I honestly don't look leaner at all.

For whatever reason I just realised you're trying to diagnose what went wrong.
I know what went wrong, I prioritised long distance running, that in turn zapped all my energy for going heavy, so I was doing as much high volume work as possible, which left me fatigued and feeling Ill.
Then because life is a bitch, for the past few weeks I've only been able to lift once, maybe twice a week if I'm lucky.

What I don't understand is why I'm 10kg lighter and as fat as when I started...

low test

go fuck yourself you lying shit

W A N K

ME

Why wait?
You know what went wrong up until the last few weeks, so you decide that instead of learning from that and try to do better next time, you give up. You were also well aware of the effects of prioritizing running over lifting, and you're still depressed over the result.

>why I'm 10kg lighter and as fat as when I started
Give me some time to dig up the study. It compared contest prep among bodybuilders/fitnessers (?), and found those who did more cardio lost more muscle and less fat than the group who did less cardio. I don't think there's a good scientific explanation for it yet, but I've seen anecdotes saying what you've experienced.

just downloaded my ~ 28 F R E E PROGRAMS ~ but I noticed the 3x int bench doesnt have and programmed assistance/variations apart from curls and pullups. am I just not supposed to do any, or am I supposed to program them myself (Im too dumb to do this t b h)?

You're supposed to read the companion.

>read
Im too dumb to do this t b h :^)

just read it and understand now. I see the int high has more stuff programmed than the int med

I saw a cute looking cardio bunny, around 140 bw (tall) squat 185 lbs yesterday with perfect form, That was impressive.

Did you talk to her?

>the study
Can't find it, but I found something useful: researchgate.net/publication/263746347_Recommendations_for_natural_bodybuilding_contest_preparation_Resistance_and_cardiovascular_training
Page 23.
And: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10204826
So I think the takeaway is that too much running is both detrimental (in bulking/maintenance phases) and catabolic (when cutting) to your leg muscles.
You'll notice from the high volume program that the progression on the assistance is 3 sets -> 4 sets -> 5 sets -> 2 sets -> repeat with more weight. I'd recommend you stick to this progression if you add anything.

are slim fit/skinny jeans a faggot thing?

it shows my ass a lot

Interesting read, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the running because I'm going into the armed forces.

What do you suggest I do with training?
I have lost the will to do anything but bench.

It's really important I get lean and maintain as much muscle mass as possible, but if my muscle it catabolizing idk what to do

you cannot have a strong squat/deadlift and still fit into those types of pants

One thing you do know now, is that long-distance running shouldn't be your primary exercise when cutting, and that you need to schedule running and lifting better both in times of cutting, maintaining, and bulking.
I don't know really know anything about training for the armed forces, but it sounds like The Hybrid Athlete by Alex Viada is appropriate for your situation.

I'll give it a read but I'm clinically retarded and will probably not take anything from it

Better make one then ya dingus. And don't be autistic if you're going to be in the proximity of normies on social media.

Tell her that the wife of Caesar must be above suspicion. That she needs to cut it out, because it's attention seeking behavior.

But you're a cuck whos dating up so prepare for her to branch swing

How does /plg/ deal with lower back pain?

by having upper back pain instead.

Reduce training specificity and increase exercise variation in between meets to prevent it from happening

Do lots of decompression by hanging from a pull-up bar after any type of squatting or deadlifting

Maintain hip mobility as necessary

ignore it until it goes away

If you're going into the Armed Forces then fuck off about powerlifting

Powerlifting is autistic as shit anyways, even though I like it

Just build up your endurance through your running and maintain better-than-average strength and you'll come in to the forces as a God as long as you're not retarded

Once you're in go on steroids

Powerlifting is a hobby, being in the armed forces should be your top concern. How can you be the best soldier? Don't worry about this powerlifting shit

It was more just about wanting to be both strong and have high conditioning.
I guess it is kinda one or the other for the most part.

Tell myself I will stretch and fix my hip flexors and imbalances and then watch TV the entire day. Works until the next workout.

Your perception of what is strong is probably warped from being around this place too long

If you can bench press more than your bodyweight, squat your bodyweight for reps, and pull double your body weight off the floor, you're doing pretty damn well in the grand scheme of things

Especially if you can still ruck, hike, and run