FAT

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/vYNycX
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221303/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Discord:
discord.gg/vYNycX

To all /fat/izens, pls don't use adderall / other stimulants to lose weight. I saw someone post about it in another thread, but didn't get a chance to tell him off.

Adderall will kill your appetite, in fact it'll make it near impossible to eat anything while on the drug. As a result I personally lost around 10 lbs in a week during finals last semester.
But trust me, it isn't worth it. In any university you'll notice the guys who are addicted to the stuff. Not only are they always super skinny and irritable, they're also legitimtely drug addicts.

I had to pop my ex-roommate right in da fibber as he kept tryin to steal my girls jewelry and my pocket money. You'll become a genuine fiend for the stuff. It's addictive as all hell. I usually end up taking addy every day for about a week during finals and I still occasionally am hit with a craving for it months after the fact. It's just not worth it.

Thanks for this. Been thinking about using adderall to help with studying, but you've talked me out of it. I've been using caffeine and l-theanine and it's worked relatively well, guess I'll just stick with that

Using adderall once a year to help with finals can actually be really helpful, but it's safer to just avoid it altogether. It's really not that different from the "speed" you can find on the street.

Seconding this, took the shit my entire life growing up, it stunted my mental development (deficient working memory) and I crave it constantly even to this day (2 years since I last took it).

What lie do I need to tell a doctor to get a prescription of Adderall?

>tfw still sore from saturday
it's just been constant glute doms since adding in jefferson deadlifts. my booty is looking j00ci tho

Study the symtoms of a.d.d. and run with it

Being able to focus to stud yisnthe problem.

I would say: "Unless you have a legit ADD diagnosis from a psychiatrist". There's a huge overlap between ADD and obesity:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221303/

I know in my case, I got an effective treatment for ADD. Then immediately started working out, exercising, and dieting. Because all of a sudden I could. It was like my body was a car stuck in neutral. I'd gotten good use out of it, but If I needed it to do anything I really had do get out and push. Getting treatment was like suddenly being able to shift it into gear and drive.

Yeah, guys, don't do adderall.
Ephedrine, though.

Made big progress this weekend, motivated me alot for the week, watch out I'm going to win this weeks weigh in I can feel it

Father forgive me for I have sinned.

how did I miss the new thread

Fat clogging your brain arteries

(large) indeed

Cause there was one already.

How low can you drop your calorie intake? Websites recommend 1700 or so for me. Would it be safe to drop it down to 1200-1500?

do it and see what happens

Are there negative effects associated with black coffee that would make one limit the amount they consume?

I love coffee and it's a great tool during my 16:8 IF. I usually switch to decaf coffee closer to bedtime, but I've heard that decaf coffee has higher acidity?

Anyway, what are your guy's opinions on black coffee?

Just general concerns of raping your teeth and being weary of the side effects of caffeine. I drink 2 cups of half caff a day and find it helps alot with not only being alert but staying in my calories for the day.

Being sore means progress right?

R-right?

Good god, the carb and sugar being cocaine tier was not a joke. I have been doing a fairly low carb diet, not keto but just so happen to eat alot less carbs when ya trying to fill macros. Came home and saw my gf bought some dominos. Legit crusty ass, 2 hour old dominos on the counter, took a small bite and literally saw fucking jesus. My body convulsed and I had to physically leave the room to stop myself from destroying the whole thing in a primal assault of carbohydrates.

I have done many a drug in my life but I never realized how insane salt, fat, and carbs can be. Be careful anons who have cheat days....

If you mean soreness from working out, that is normal for a beginner and it will go away as long as you are consistent.

Seriously. Lost 8lbs in a week using keto (convinced it was water weight) my lady got Boston market for fathers day dinner. I hit 150g of carbs in one meal. Could stop myself from having several helpings. Suffering now, though.

Fuck. Couldn't* stupid auto correct

Is it possible that I naturally have muscular shoulders? They are really broad but I never really worked out at my high weight before losing. 350 -> 280 they don't seem like weak skeletor shoulders.

kek

Being a former fattie cola and chocolate munching faggot i can promise you that when you start jogging (which you should) it will feel like hell, every part of your body hurts the few first times. Now what you have to understand is that you are not used to pain, weight lifting and exercise in general means getting used to the fatigue and pain, BUT you need to know the difference between serious injury and serious soreness. IT WILL GET BETTER OVER TIME, just remember to eat normal amounts of food its not about the amount of food but the quality and healthiness of it.

Sugar industry in the USA is crazy and people are suffering because of it.

Other than strips is there a way to find out if I am in Keto? I haven't gotten the flu but I have been trying to keep my keto diet proper for I think 3 weeks now.

Sup /fat/

AnalFag here. I'm 12 pounds down in 15 days. By body fat % lost, I'm down 6 pounds of fat. (25.2% to start, currently 23.1%.) I'm not stuck on the percentage, but it's close enough to gauge progress. I'm having a hard time seeing any results besides on the scale. My stomach looks/feels slightly less fat (and bloated) but my waist hasn't budged at all. Belt is still exactly as tight as when I started. Am I not losing any fat at all? Any reason my waist has shrank at all in 12 pounds?

Sounds like you're losing muscle/mostly the fat inside your body, like, your intestines and shit. That's a lot of weight to lose without seeing a single physical change.

You eating anything, user? Working out a lot? What's your weight loss technique?

Now IF you are only drinking water and eating least amounts of carbs n sugar you should see results even without much exercise in about 6 months, i wouldnt want to lose fat any faster because your skin might not be able to keep up with that.

I'm on a low carb diet. I'm exercising for 30 minutes every day (running) minimal sugars (0 refined) and I'm operating at a ~1800/calorie/day deficit

I wouldnt recommend going on a deficit when you dont have any muscle mass on you. Build up basic muscle mass before doing that.

Lol wut

I haven't added the last 3 days of data yet

Starving yourself is not the answer

>exercises for 6 hours over 11 days
You gotta pump those numbers up bro

You are assuming that an 1800 deficit is starving? And if they're 400 lbs? No. They didn't say.

Ok! That I can do. Thank you for the advice! 45 minutes/day? I've been setting new PR's every 3-4 days

You want to increase your metabolism, not eating makes it harder.

I don't starve myself - see my charts above. I eat a lot of vegetables and lean meats.

I don't think you were taking Adderall...

I weigh 138 lbs and i know if i want to keep building muscle i need atleast 2500 kcal / day.

I guess you have a lower metabolism then..or you're not lifting heavy.

I'm not lifting at all. Right now I'm focused on running. Muscle is less important to me currently than weight loss. Don't know if I'm ready to spring for a gym membership

Some more data about AnalFag
Starting bodyfat 25.2%
Starting muscle mass 40.8%

If you're serious about losing weight, lifting is the best way.

That's fair. I've heard that advice quite a bit. I think it's about time I start listening. I'll get a gym membership in a week or two.

Just focus on the compound movements and really study how to do them right and youll have fun doing it. :)

anyone have the link to that google doc of the losertown weight loss contest?

i know i saw it on one of these threads a while back

>implying your skin will tighten at all whether you lose pound a month or 50 and not that it all depends on genetics and if you've been fat your entire life/only recently

Why should anyone care?

>weighing every day
faggot

>in a week or two
never going to make it

>eat around 60g of fibers every day
>1200cal
>can't shit
>start counting how much water i drink
>not enough
>starts counting
>force myself to overhydrate
>starts to shit again

can someone explain this? because i can't. I literally can't shit for days if i don't drink 6lt of water daily.

Who here 80/10/10
Getting dat TDEE up to 3500+ through biking .

did it last summer, lost tons of motivation after going back home in autumn, gl have fun.

Yeah right now I have all the free time in the world but i'm afraid I won't be able to keep up once I stop being a fucking NEET .

I can spend hours and hours improving my bodies through thousands of kilometers of biking .

I feel sad for the low carb / keto folks who can't exercise properly more than 1 hours a day .

According to the scale I lost 9 lbs in less than a week. Water weight?

what i really don't understand is the need to swap fats w carbs, same calories, I also don't buy the "eat fat to burn fat", i tried in my youth and it didn't work, and I was exercising a lot, weight lifting and cardio almost daily, I was burning at least 1000-1500calories from that alone + bmr.
During that period my hr was around 33-38, scary, i was cycling at least 170km/w + random walks

>bloating 24/7 even though I'm normal BMI now
>stomach looks like fucking balloon all the time
>no diet changes have helped
>doctors have no idea what causes it

no way I'm gonna live rest of my life like this

Can someone redpill me on sugar-free energy drinks?, I'm used to having at least 1 energy drink a day for energy and now I'm only relying on cups of tea which I put way too much sugar into to be comfortable with.

The problem is that the higher the intensity , the higher the carbs need .

The more you get up to 100% Vo2Max the less you can use fat and the more you use carbs .

When you're "fat" adapted it slightly change the ratio at low intensity

don't go below 1200. The lower you go the more likely you will have a fallback to the old habbits. at first, try to stick to a 500 - 1000 calorie deficit depending on your current TDEE.

are you lactose and gluten tolerant? have you tried cutting these out from your diet?

Google inflammatory bowel disease and try the FODMAP diet for a few weeks and see how you feel. No this isn't pseudoscience but it is also not guaranteed to work in all people.

Incline threadmills: what angle do you use?

tell me (You)r sin, my son

There have been studies that show tat people who drink artificially sweetened drinks put on 2-3km MORE than those who drink full-sugar ones. However that is just correlation and it may be that the people who drink sugar-free ones think they are being healthy and so binge on junk-food and put the weight on that way.

Also people will tell you they cause cancer but there is no evidence to support that.

TL;DR Having one or two per day is probably fine if it helps kill your sugar/carb cravings and is combined with a calculated caloric deficit for losing weight.

Both are tested and don't have them

You probably meant IBS and not IBD. I've tried FODMAP and it didn't do anything at all.

My last hope is some sort of hormonal problem which affects my metabolism.

If you're far under your calorie limit and completely filled by those meals, is it okay to eat garbage like fast food?

I've been completely content with a my routine of oatmeal for breakfast, Greek yogurt for lunch, and ~500 calories of whatever protein-heavy meat that I bought for dinner. This is leaving me at an average of ~800 calories every day, and my limit is 1500. Would it be okay to go out and grab a sandwich from Chick-fil-A for lunch for more protein and to bump me up to around ~1200 calories a day, or should I stick to the yogurt since I'm completely fine with it?

yes goy , keep eating fast food meat and limiting yourself to 1500 fucking calories ( a small woman in a coma ? )

Try licorice root tea and you won't dump sugar into your tea ever again.

Unless you are a femlet there is no reason to eat less than 1200 calories a day.

just eat a bit more oatmeal, yogurt, protein for each meal

i wouldn't fuck up my diet so bad just for eating shit. If i crave, i crave more food in general, not shit.

The ultimate sugar free energy drink is black coffee.

Buy a french press/aeropress and a coffee grinder and you are set for life.

The whole point is that they fill up your daily calories for less macros

eat less move more.

Most of these problems seem to stem from poor balance of bacteria in the gut; that's my impression of it. Have you ever drunk kombucha, or consumed other fermented foods?

>pls don't use adderall / other stimulants to lose weight
Caffeine helps me prevent stress eating though, but it makes my anxiety worse.

Yesterday I felt really depressed and I ended up eating a whole pack of biscuits with some butter, sugar and cinnamon.

>3kg to goal weight
>Mom flipping her shit at my weight loss
>Just sat me down and tried to lecture me, a grown-ass man in the best shape of his life, about why what he's doing is unhealthy

I don't get it Veeky Forums. She isn't even fat. At least the numbers on the scale are happy for me.

good food will make you feel good eat some fruit & vedgies

good lad i remember being in your shoes when every 1 things you have aids or some shit how much u lost

Good foods won't stop me from remembering that stupid thing I did 5 years ago that nobody else remembers.

>Have you ever drunk kombucha, or consumed other fermented foods?
No. It all started after the worst pain I've ever had in my life on my stomach.

I've taken probiotics too but they haven't helped either. It could be SIBO though, I'll need to talk about that with my doctor.

>Aspartame proven completely safe
>Acids in energy drinks proven to slowly wear away at tooth enamel
>Contains caffeine

Pretty much as you'd expect.

5'7 170 pounds
not sure if I should cut or just maintain and slowly get fit at this point,

Why must buttered bread taste so good?
God must be mocking me

How you losing weight m8?

You're fat

thermodynamics its the only way

Weapons grade autistic calorie counting 500cal under maintenance with 1 moderate cheat meal a week tops combined with a PPLxPPLx program.

yeah I probably am fat and delusional, my mind is fucking with me trying to find reasons to not diet and eat junk food. fuck