/fat/ "wojacks only" edition

Previous thread
>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Discord
discord dot gg/tECCTD
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/67uf9l/well_its_official_folks_ten_months_of_keto_and_i/
thetimes.co.uk/article/more-eggs-please-cholesterol-is-ok-now-f0drthmtqh3
blog.csiro.au/managing-type-2-diabetes-how-low-carb-diets-can-help/
intensivedietarymanagement.com/reverse-type-2-diabetes-the-quick-start-guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
b-ok.org/s/?q=Jason Fung&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First to say stop forcing your shitty discord server

Anyone else feel like their taste buds are changing? I was offered a home baked cookie and since I was within calories, I took it. It was the weirdest unsatisfying taste I've had and felt bitter I wasted calories on this

either gained four pounds (down to a pound and a half) this weekend from substantial eating and drinking of booze, however I don't think I had THAT much to eat since I was still watching what I was eating the whole time and only got blitzed one night. 100% out of ketosis but could it be more than waterweight? Could I be eating at enough of a deficit to slow my metabolism (1500-2000 cal.deficit) and thus actually gain when I exceed my TDEE?

Yeah, I had some pastry the other day trying to be polite and it tasted bad. It was too sweet with the strawberry jam and the bread just tasted like nothing. I don't really feel like I'm missing much anymore.

Sometimes I get a taste for chocolate things, but if I eat too much it makes me sick.

Whenever I binge I end up weighing a bunch more. It's the carbs and salt causing you to hold water. To find your weight weigh yourself every day, first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything and after your morning piss, then take the average for the week. Don't pay too much attention to the individual weigh ins.

Something similar. I cut out a lot of dairy and whenever I have a bit of ice cream or some shit like that, my stomach and bowels punish me these days.

Back when I started, before the dieting and weight loss, I was fine with dairy. Now my body struggles to process it.

BIG BUFF CHEETO PUFF

There are mealcucks lurking in this thread RIGHT NOW.

Thanks, m8. Really hoping it's only water weight so I don't lose a whole week of progress.

Yeah. Haven't had chocolate in 3-4 months. Took one bit and it felt like I was riding the rainbow

OP here, I didnt include it for that reason. we have a thread here for talking not a discord server. discord will only encourage tripfags.

It's Wojak you newfaggot.

You won't. Regarding your metabolism, I'd recommend integrating some days where you skip breakfast at least to improve your insulin sensitivity, that way when you do have carbs your body will react to them better.

Not him, but do you have any other tips to improve insulin sensitivity? I take it skipping meals is one way.

Should I get whey or casein? I'm not working out but I wanna get protons and also feel full. Whey is decent but it doesn't satiate me.

proatmeal
oatmeal with protein mixed in.
satiating, filled with protons, tasty.

Insulin resistance is a reaction against excessive insulin, so basically you just want to spike your insulin levels less. That can be from having some fasted periods, reducing sugar consumption, avoiding simple carbs when you do eat carbs, having meals that are free from carbohydrates (protein also raises insulin, but not nearly as much). It's about getting your body used to switching from burning glucose over to burning from your fat stores. Reducing snacks can also help, eat meals that are big enough to get you to your next one. Increase the span between meals.

It doesn't have to be a black and white thing where you have to be in ketosis all the time, just watching your sugar intake helps. The easiest and most effective thing to do is some intermittent fasting.

I know there are probably some /fat/ties who are pre-diabetic or diabetic. Like people discussed earlier, keto is a great way of stopping insulin spikes. Even with insulin pills/shots, having high blood sugar all the time destroys your body.

Treating insulin resistance with more insulin makes little sense to me. I'm sure doctors do this for a reason, but, it escapes me why they wouldn't just tell people to intermittent fast, do keto diet, or at least avoid sugar?

If diabetes is like a heroin addict who has tolerance, only instead of opiates it is too insulin, then raising the dose is the same as raising a heroin dose, right? Wouldn't it just make you more insulin resistant and make the cycle even worse? Then by being insulin resistant, you'd get fatter, which would then further promote the bad cycle?

If you're cutting and not doing keto, you're wasting a lot of time. The fatter you are, the better it works. Come join us in the rejection of carbohydrates today! What are you waiting for?

I don't know if insulin dosages make you more insulin resistant, since it has to do with fucked up pancreas. I think the goal is the stabilize your sugar levels for a while until they drop. Doctors always used to prescribe really carby foods like bread, rice, pasta, and not to do keto, but I think it's had an awful effect on the health of many diabetics. Basically you just up the dosage and keep eating a bunch of sugar that doesn't get absorbed, so it flows around your bloodstream, little tiny shards that tear up your nerves, eyes, and veins, slowly killing your from the inside. Most doctors now recommend keto, and some recommend fasting.

It's too much of a bother.

>ketosis raises your metabolism, burning fat quicker.
give me a source on that champ.

It is literally impossible to cut when your mom keeps bringing home fast food everyday. I know some people just say "just don't eat it" but I don't want her to feel like she wasted her money. Every time I try to eat healthy she just says I will burn it off at the gym. Is there anyway around this bros? Been stuck at 230 since May

Most humans are mentally weak and only the minority of people changes their lifestyle significantly when they learn that they are sick. The doctor has no other choice but to describe things that will help with the current lifestyle.

kill her

What keto is: a good way of lowering empty calories, making some people more energetic, introducing more dietary fat into your system, and treating diabetes
What keto is not: some ultimate metabolism booster that makes you burn calories a lot quicker or more effectively.

>I know some people just say "just don't eat it" but I don't want her to feel like she wasted her money
If you don't eat it, she'll stop buying it.

Literally no scientific evidence. All advantages of keto are rooted in zero sugar and not carbs generally.

>wandering around town
>corner shop
>yoghurt coated peanuts
>"hmm, both of those are healthy"
>munch on half the bag
>get home
>kcal per 100g: 498
>this bag: 175g
fuck.

Not him but my mom is obese and she cooks a lot of food and she tries guilting you into eating it. One of the reasons my entire family was obese at one point. Everyone except her are losing weight now. When delusional hams see you making healthy choices they feel guilty.

I guess what doesn't make sense to me is that if insulin resistance is diabetes, then adding more insulin I'd think would just make it worse. Again, not trying to play doctor and I'm way over my head, but, seems counter intuitive to me. It's like "well your body can't get an affect from insulin in normal doses anymore because you are too tolerant to it, so we're going to mega dose you!" Seems like that would work, until the body just builds up more resistance and then you have to increase the insulin dose to keep up. What a terrible cycle. Maybe it doesn't work like that?

Recommending keto and fasting does make sense. I have a coworker with diabetes I always want to bring that up to, but, it feels out of place/rude/invasive.

Aren't carbs basically sugar? Doesn't it all break down into glucose?

>"""yoghurt"""
>peanuts

user, please

It's not that you're insulin tolerant really I think, it's that your pancreas get so overworked they shut down and stop producing insulin effectively. Don't quote me on that though.

You have to assume the worst with anything you haven't made yourself.

>When delusional hams see you making healthy choices they feel guilty.
yes, and then you don't break under their manipulative horseshit and they do what ever they were going to do anyway.

t. man with a manipulative mother

You should already be tracking calories, just track carbs as well and you're more than halfway there!

Large specimens have more glycogen stored in their fatty livers and thus are more prone to fast water weight losses which will motivate them to continue a strict diet. Less blood glucose swings can fight off cravings also increasing motivation.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

>"son here I brought you five double quarter pounder with cheese to tide you over until dinner"
>'no'

Seriously just give her an honest talk and tell her which of her behaviors are not helping you.

be firm with you words and actions. she will waste money 3 times then she will stop. if she wants to treat you to something good let it be something more healthy like some expensive fruit of veg. or at least the healthy option at that fast food place. but learn to grow and say no.

Ah okay.

Glucose is literally the only sugar you absolutely need to the point that if you don't take in glucose your body will produce it itself. It's fructose and sucrose and all the other shitty sugars that are just there to fuck your shit up.

>water weight losses which will motivate them to continue a strict diet. Less blood glucose swings can fight off cravings also increasing motivation.

>it motivates you because you retain less water
that doesn't make you lose fat quicker.
keto does nothing that a non-low carb diet doesn't, except help insulin sensitivity.

which doesn't matter unless you're pre-diabetic.

iktf. Just have to stand your ground.

I have a bmi of 21 and my dad tells me I'm too thin. I'm thin, yes, but bmi of 21 isn't exactly underweight either.

My mum's been on my case for a few weeks now
>user you're looking very gaunt
>user I can see the veins on your wrist
>user what have you eaten today?
>user do you not think you're taking it too far?

She never once mentioned my weight when I was pushing 22 stone.
So she's fine with me dying of heart disease but being a healthy weight is where she draws the line.

She pisses me off sometimes.

>I don't want her to feel like she wasted her money.

But she did. You should want her to feel like she did what she actually did. Which was waste her money. It's bad for both of you to try to adapt to her mistake in this sneaky, passive way (by eating the food).

Don't eat the food, and tell her that you aren't going to eat the food, and if she says you will burn it off then tell her you won't burn it off because you aren't even going to eat it. If you think you'll feel badly about this then do it nicely and use "I statements" and be gentle and stuff. If you do it and still feel badly then just accept that you feel badly.

If you can't handle any of the above, then try instead the ultimate passive solution, the one that (unlike your solution of eating the food) actually works: murder-suicide. (This is an active solution, in a sense, but it's passive in the important sense: It does not require you to open your mouth and say how you are feeling, which of course is much harder for us adult babyboys than choking somebody to death in the middle of the night.)

I'm almost 6 foot tall (like a quarter inch short), 249 lbs. I don't have a lot of muscle and I thinik I could drop down at least 155 lbs. It's frustrating when everyone you now keeps telling you to stop at like 180-190 lbs and how a bmi under 25 is basically starving.

Tell her if she doesn't stop feeding you garbage you won't be able to jump out of the way when Mohammed drives another truck on the sidewalk.

I'm northern
it's the nail bombs I gotta watch out for

>>user you're looking very gaunt
that happens when you first start losing weight
>>user I can see the veins on your wrist
you're supposed to
>>user what have you eaten today?
food that fits my tdee
>>user do you not think you're taking it too far?
too far is below 5% body fat (for males) which can make you sick. I guarantee you're not at 5% body fat.

just respond knowledgeably to all of her questions and go on the counter attack and tell her you'd like her to be able to see her grandkids.

My mom worked in a medical lab; she actually always used to compliment my visible veins, because she appreciated how much easier they made the job of drawing blood from people.

You need a better mom I guess is what I'm saying

>sick vascularity honey, lookin ripped.

I don't hate my parents for raising me with awful eating habits. They grew up when you were supposed to clean your plate and I guess they wanted to make sure I always had enough food to eat. Just gotta unlearn it now and not pass it onto my kids if I have any.

oh yeah I was in hospital earlier this year, 50lbs heavier than I am now
needed a GA and the anaesthetist had to whack my hand for a good 5 minutes before she could place the canula

Not eating carbs in itself doesn't bother me that much, it's the ketosis thing that's going to annoy me. That, and the fact that I can't look down on keto people anymore.

Parents are just that generation where anecdotal evidence is the primary source of knowledge.

And that dietary guidelines flip-flopped every other year while the food companies started buying out the (((sciencetists)))

So true. I'll have spirited debates with my stepfather over things like demographic shifts, immigration policies, and welfare and most of his arguments are based on anecdotes.

I may just be delusional but I think my abs are starting to poke through
fucking hell lads, I could be just months away

Type 2 beetus here.

Is there any proof that ketosis can put T2 into remission?

My doctor seems reluctant to believe that i can get off the medications he's put me on. I've lost about 11kg since my diagnosis 3 months ago.

I was interested in trying an 800 Cal diet which is also supposed to lead to quick remission, but he cautioned very strongly against it and suggested 1200cal instead.

>I think something I have never tried before is gonna be annoying wahh

What do you have to lose? You're already posting in a sad fat wojak support thread in a Moroccan fingertrap making symposium. Your life is already at rock bottom. Try keto today!

How about "Just not eating it" or getting less and low cal items, fat fuck?
Stop making excuses. I was 16 and lost over 100 pounds while my family just got fatter over the years
You're either a fat ass making excuses or don't have the balls to tell your parents "no', you fat pussy

Congratulations user.
Same here. My dad's at least 30 IQ higher than me but people above 40 can't use statistics or arguments.

This is still a big problem that is affecting even us. There are so many studies out there and most of them are shit and are spreading misinformation. Remember that only 15% of our current knowledge is based on actual hard science facts. The information age comes at the price of so much information that it's hard to filter and find the correct stuff.

reddit.com/r/keto/comments/67uf9l/well_its_official_folks_ten_months_of_keto_and_i/
anecdotal i know but still
thetimes.co.uk/article/more-eggs-please-cholesterol-is-ok-now-f0drthmtqh3
blog.csiro.au/managing-type-2-diabetes-how-low-carb-diets-can-help/
It's pretty simple. Losing weight helps with diabetes, keto helps a lot of people lose weight. Eating less sugar makes you spike less. A lot of people can significantly reduce their insulin dosage, and a few (after losing a significant amount of weight excercising, and eating healthy) go without insulin completely. Good luck user. Excercise is also good, it lowers youd blood sugar.

Yep. The meme of the week is that coconut oil is now as bad for you as trans fats. Yet it's been hailed as the savior of people hearts for years now. I hate the fucking sciency clickbait shocking headline meme.

Can anyone recommend an artifical sweetener?

stevia, minus the ricin

Saccharin, stevia. You can grow the stevia plant at home easily. Just grab some leaves, cut them, and put them in tea or whatever.

Personally I love the "this will increase cancer rates" meme although it's absolutely impossible to actually test those suggestions seeing how you would need to isolate a group of people and mainly give them the stuff that would increase the cancer which is impossible to do with current moral standards.

>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that eat

never gonna make it

Swerve is my favorite. It's stevia and erythritol so it doesn't have as much of the nasty aftertaste artificial sweeteners have.

Thanks, though I'll buy some powdered stevia. I just need some sweet in my tea or the cravings will get me.

I've rediscovered a love for sandwhiches. They make for great on the run food.

My friend who drinks a lot of coffee doesn't like stevia and only uses saccharin. I'd recommend giving that a try as well. I use a mix of cyclamate and saccharin myself, but I prefer stevia.

hey /fat/ I have a question

is it possible to cut too many calories? currently cutting on 1500 calories and working a lot but i'm not losing weight. What gives?

>cutting on 1500 calories
for all we know that's your TDEE
what's your weight and height m80?

Water weight plateaus, losing less weight as you shrink. Things like that. If you keep at it you should lose normally in a few weeks at most.

These. Give us more info but the go to is water weight. I stopped taking my medication for my pneumonia and I've lost about 2kg in the last 4days; most likely all water weight from bloating

who else stuck at 200 here? :(

What kind of spoopy skellington would have a TDEE of 1500?

Start lifting.

Plateau between 214-218 for nearly a fuckin month

then suddenly I was consistently a bit below 210

So close to the 200 mark. Soooo close...

I am :(

I look better than I ever have in my life

Read everything by Dr. Jason Fung. Books and website.
intensivedietarymanagement.com/reverse-type-2-diabetes-the-quick-start-guide/

Watch videos with him too:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

A lot of it is repetitive but since it is all free (can steal the book in torrent form), just grab it all.

Are you building muscle? Might be it.

A 5'2" 45kg woman has a TDEE of 1460
Plateaus are the worst man; stay strong and push through!

b-ok.org/s/?q=Jason Fung&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0
not him but you can download pdf's here of pretty much anything

Dude, I was diagnosed with Type 2 two years ago when I was rushed to the emergency room due to acidic ketoacidosis. Almost died.

You don't necessarily need ketosis. Dieting and exercise will do the trick for you. It's been a year, and my blood sugar has been blood stable around the clock. As long as I keep up this lifestyle, which I've adapted into comfortably, I can safely say that I've defeated type 2.

Just wanted to let you know, that even with ketosis, losing weight and being healthier will do the trick. Good luck user, it's fully possible! Don't listen to the doctor kikes, they want you on insulin and metformin, and they want you coming back. But you can cure it on your own.

Doctors teach you stuff they learned back in med school in the 80s. People don't adapt with new information really. Diabetic treatment is getting better but a lot of people are still stuck doing the same thing they've been doing their whole career. Surprised they don't drink diabetic pee still to check for sugar.

took about 9 months to get from 35-25%bf, then it just felt like a few weeks between 25 and 21
is there a progress curve, so to speak?

Has anyone got any meal plans that I could follow? I am just kinda eating foods and using MFP which says I am staying under 1500 cals, but this is just an estimate as the meals I eat aren't overly healthy, (although I do put it in accurately into MFP somehow it says I am still under 1500cals, which doesn't seem right).

My father is diabetic (type 1) and has been since he was 14 and fell out of a tree, breaking both arms and a leg. He is so set on needle injections that I can't even get him to consider alternate methods. I really want to help him, and I'm super excited for the trials coming that could potentially reverse type 1 diabetes by "kick starting" the pancreas but he won't have any of it :(

The more you work out, the more muscle you develop, the more muscle, the higher your TDEE due to muscle requiring more to maintain than fat.

>eating bread
enjoy no gainz

he won't even try IF or keto diet? I imagine he'd need to do it with a doctor overseeing it in case he needs to lower his insulin as it gets better.

probably true, but I've not been working out