FIX YOUR FACE

Do you want indented cheeks? A chiseled jaw? A firm Jowl?

I would like this to become a daily thread and so I beg you to post your progress while doing these beneficial exercises

I would like to motivate other users on /fit to become more conscious of their face. Your face is made up of so many muscles and YES genetics DOES play a SMALL role in the ascetics of your face but you can pretty much mold it to look great.
What you cannot alter is the bone structure of your jaw and neck. Some people will find that their progress is much faster than others, this is because some people have shorter facial muscles.

Over a long period of time, everyone forms a bad habit. The most common is tilting your neck forward for view a monitor and breathing in from your mouth.
There are MAJOR bad habits that make you develop a low hanging jowl and a poor tongue resting position.

Let’s observe the OP pic.

The main muscles we will focus on are; The Masseter/Buccinator, Platysma, Triangularis, and the Sterno-Cleido

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqlxAdmky10
youtube.com/watch?v=eh9OqEd5z1k
youtube.com/watch?v=5mYN7h7pgyc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> The Masseter/Buccinator

You couldn't open or close your mouth without your masseter muscles. Imbalances or tightness of the masseter on each side of your jaw can contribute to temporo-mandibular joint, or TMJ disorder. Characterized by pain, stiffness and clicking in your jaw, TMJ can cause headaches and neck pain. Stretching and exercising the masseter muscles can restore balance to your jaw and relieve the symptoms of TMJ.

> The Platysma

The platysma muscle extends from the upper portion of the chest to the lower jaw and part of the face, a system of muscles known as the superficial musculoaponeurotic system plane. This group of muscles, when toned, literally holds your neck and jaw line upward in your youth but may separate during the normal aging process, leading to a drooping chin, sagging jaw line and loose skin under the chin known as the turkey neck. Aging and lack of skin and muscle tone encourage the placement of fat layers beneath the muscle sheath.

> Triangularis

Triangularis, a name based on its shape, (also known as Depressor anguli oris) originates in the mandible and platysma and inserts in the skin and orbicular muscle at corner of the mouth. It is a muscle whose evolutionary connection to the platysma is evident, being continuous with it and extending to the mouth. This muscle causes the corners of the mouth to turn down and form the lips into an inverted U, an action stereotyped as indicating grief. It produces a frown in the mouth.

> Sterno-Cleido

Sternocleidomastoid is an important neck muscle that performs several functions requiring two different stretches and two different exercises for strengthening. The SCM muscle has two parts, the front and the back portion; also this muscle rotates, extends and flexes the neck to the side. More than one stretch and strengthening exercise are necessary to make this muscle flexible and strong.

An exercise for the Masseter/Buccinator

( There is a tool called the patakara, it will improve your facial excessive substantially, it gives your face actual resistance training)

Resisted Close

Step 1

Sit in a comfortable position with your head centered over your shoulders. Keep your chin neutral and parallel to the floor.

Step 2

Keep your head stable, relax your jaw and let your mouth open naturally. Put your index finger against your bottom teeth.

Step 3

Press down on your bottom teeth, gently, while trying to close your jaw. Hold for five seconds, release and repeat five times.

Resisted Open

Step 1

Sit in a comfortable position with your head centered over your shoulders. Keep your chin neutral and parallel to the floor.

Step 2

Keep your head stable, and rest your fist under your chin. If necessary, sit a table and rest your elbow on the table to keep your fist stable.

Step 3

Press up, gently, with your fist while trying to open your jaw. Hold for five seconds, release and repeat five times.

> Platysma Muscle

Hanging Head Exercise

Lie on your bed with your head hanging slightly over the side. Start with your hands down at your sides, but as you feel your neck growing stronger, place a light hand-held weight against your forehead. Exhaling, slowly lift your chin toward your chest. Hold the contraction for a moment and then relax your head back to your starting position. Repeat this exercise three to five times to start, increasing repetitions as your neck muscles grow stronger.

Chin Firm

Stand or sit with your shoulders relaxed, facing forward. Place your lower lip over your upper lip and tilt your head back, feeling the stretch along the sides of the jaw and along the front of the neck. Stretch until you can see the ceiling, and hold this position for several seconds. For an extra boost, thrust your chin upward slightly to feel added resistance along your lower jaw line and all of the muscles of the platysma, from chin to chest. Slowly return to your starting position and then repeat three to four more times.

Have a bump op, I like where this is going

Bump for interest.

Sterno-Cleido

> Neck Retraction

The neck retraction exercise is a stretch that targets the SCM. To perform this exercise, pull your chin back so the neck aligns neutrally with the spine. The neck retraction is also a posture exercise, because you should always center your neck over your shoulders. This exercise combats the postural deficiency known as forward head posture, a common problem whereby people extend their neck forward by jutting the chin. This tightens the SCM. To do this stretch, align your chin parallel to the floor and pull your head back. Hold the chin retracted for 20 to 30 seconds.

> Side Neck And Rotation Stretch

The side neck and rotation stretch lengthens the SCM muscle in a different manner than the neck retraction. This stretching exercise lengthens the SCM through bending the neck sideways and rotating it away from the side you are stretching. To begin, stand up tall and retract your neck. Then, tilt your head to the left and rotate your chin to point upward to the right until you feel a stretch on the right side of your neck. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds and repeat on the other side.

> Wall Side Neck Bridge

The wall side neck bridge strengthens the SCM through lateral flexion, or sideways bending. This exercise uses your body weight as resistance and a wall as an object for the SCM to push against. To begin, stand with your left side against a post or wall. Place the left side of your head against the wall. Hold hands behind your back. Then, step your feet to the right slightly so that you can lean diagonally left against the wall with your feet touching and legs straight. This is the starting position. Next, push against the wall to tilt your neck to the left and move your body to the right. Repeat on the other side.

> I am mobile posting from this point on

Bump for knowledge and aesthetics

If "face exercises" (LOL) worked, everyone would be doing them- its a scam

Good shit, +1 for daily

Bump

"If lifting weights worked to make you ripped(LOL) everyone would be doing it"

Such a scam

it doesnt make you look like a model but it can give a better jaw definition thus making you look more manly

imo its all about the neck

Dont be foolish.
Im mobile posting so i cant edit alot.

Pic is of me about a year before doing this

Shit pic related

How do you work out the neck?

Where's the before pic? What are the names of the exercises you do and how open do you do them

Holy shit.

>its a scam
Are you intentionally retarded or does it just happen?

shut up gaybo

I got you user

All you need for neck is bench press.

Is mewing not enough?

Thanks mate!

I actually do not think they have real names, sorry im just not entirely sure.

A good way to activate some of your neck muscles ( directly underneath your chin) is to tilt your head up so your chin is at an angle with the roof. Now slowly try to chew something thats not there without your teeth ever touching.

So how did you add vertical height to your chin

No thats not true
Mewing wont give a really defined look. You need motion, there are tools out there that sdd resistance to your face, this will give you DOMs which is great. The only tool i am aware of is the patakara which is a jap tool for fixing peoples face after a stroke.

Its quiet expensive but i think they have a patent on this type of thing

My bone structure isnt that big on the left pic. Its fat and loose skin resting on and under your chin. Because it is so prevalent it looks to just be a larger chin and all around face.

How often am I to do these exercises? 3x/week? 5x/week? Every day? And how many weeks did it take for you to start seeing results?

Do you have a side view?

sorry, i'm trying to get the word out about my new web series "Scram! It's a Scam!" if that does well my next show will be "Scat! There's Critters in Your Mother's Twat!"

No, I'm two-dimensional.

how about you upload pics without a beard and with the same facial expression so we can see the real difference?

How are you being scammed lmao. You
have nothing to lose

You can do them every other day, they are small muscles with quick recovery time. I started to notice small changes within a month or so. The more time went on the more dramatic it became

Sorry not at this time. Im at work and its illegal for me to photograph here

Im not going to shave my face for some kind of validation. This works, use or dont.

how about you attend next thanksgiving without a beard so your family can see your real orientation?

CURE FOR BREATHING THROUGH YOUR NOSE/MOUTH:

SNIFF PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL TO CLEAR YOUR SINUSES

bump for interest, also can someone give me a simplified version of op, I'm retarded.

Gat dam

how the fuck can we see any change in definition when you have a beard you fucking mong

you're mung

Literally no fucking difference

Well done, it took you a year to stop smiling

fuck you faggots, at least i'm doing something

lmao but you didn't do anything except make silly faces in the mirror for reps and took some pictures and marked it as "progress"

serious envy going on here. why dont you do something you lazy fuck?

actually laughing now with all this projection going on so try to chill out- but seriously those face exercises have done fuck all except waste your time

you're not replying to OP. I just tried some of those exercise and I can feel the muscles fatigued

Get fucked faggot! I have good bone structure to begin with so this is gonna get my face J A C K E D

i gave your mother's face a good workout too bitch. i sure projected a fat load that day.

Im OP. You know nothing. When you look in the mirror remember what your potential is, because you like being so arrogant youll never progress.

That silly face is my restibg visage

>The most common is tilting your neck forward for view a monitor and breathing in from your mouth.

There are non-retards who breathe through their mouth? What the fuck? How/Why?

Great bait thread

Deviated septum

How can I grow stubble and not whispy pube facial hair?

TREN up my ass?

get older you dumb teen

I'm 20, which is obviously why i'm starting to get concerned you mug

youtube.com/watch?v=iqlxAdmky10
youtube.com/watch?v=eh9OqEd5z1k

the weirdest thing to me is how people use this site, and view threads like a comment system on youtube or facebook. people just toss out whatever shit is on the tip of their tongue without raising a finger to do any research... really makes you think.

while op may be a faggot, he isnt making this shit up

Once you strengthen the mesetter you will keep your mouth sealed shut at rest, this results in a forced breathing pattern through your nose

here is the vid that basically goes along with this quote, which is some of an op from a thread from elsewhere on this topic basically youtube.com/watch?v=5mYN7h7pgyc

At the beginning of this post I would like to apologize for my bad English skills and I hope you still understand what I mean.
Also, I beg your pardon if this is the wrong board for my message.
I am a new member of this website, and I always come across genetics when it comes to different human races.
Especially the appearance and attractiveness of a person is often mentioned in this term.
For several years now, I have been dealing with our general health and nutrition.
Thanks to new experiences, I am firmly convinced that the way we feed ourselves to a large extent affects our genetics either positively, or negatively.
I came to this realization when I discovered the works of a man named Weston Andrew Valleau Price.
When I understood everything correctly, he was a dentist and nutritionist who was looking for factors that required good health and was lacking in the modern world - he found them mainly in food.
Especially in the food of different peoples living in solitude from modern civilization, he found that these had little to no decay / caries and also no degeneration of the body.
He also noted that a "deformed body" can be created by a mainly sugary and cereal diet (especially in growth).
This means crooked teeth, oblique dentition, a crooked nose, overbite, no midline in the face, small stature and much more. The race did not matter.

>2012
>ishiggydiggy

years later reddit fags truly are more retarded

How to haircut?
I've never liked a single one I've gotten so I've been buzzing it but I have decent blonde hair so feel like I could do better

Go the Alpha Destiny route.

>no difference
Whats it like having autism

It's a shame you have a g-girlfriend.
N-No homo.

> tfw 23 and have a really bad babyface

You don't know how bad it is user.
You're lucky.
You're handsome (n-no homo).
Wait until 27, then use minoxidil if it's still not growing.
Working out should naturally boost testosterone to encourage hair growth.
You're attractive enough to not need a beard anyway.

You can cut your hair your self... decent scissors, feather razor and your front facing phone camera in front of a mirror is all you really need for medium length hair.

Unless you are paying >$50 per haircut you are really paying for someone to take your money in under an hour.

When you do it yourself, you don't have to do it in under an hour.. it's hard to learn and get perfect but you alone have the most incentive to get to know your hair. Your delts get sore too... so you can do it gradually over the weekend.

Find a guy with exactly the same hair thickness, head shape, front hair line shape and width (there are genes at play here) and try to ascertain how his hair dresser approached the sectioning... watch some hairdresser vids for men, it's ALL about sectioning and angles of the cuts and then the product to hold it all.

Cheers bro,
Yeah /babyface/ mode sucks man. I'm lucky for my height. I've been considering minxodil for some time now, I just want some stubble, not some massive cuckbeard.

Also thanks n-no homo

I always read here that applying Vaseline can make your eyebrows grow. Can I use Cetaphil instead or will that not work?

I can tell you're British like myself. It's a struggle, lel.
I'd only use minoxidil as a last resort. I've heard it can cause baldness, whilst giving you more facial hair, so it seems risky.
I know how you feel.
I've been wanting a beard since I was young and have dark hair, and grow some on my chin and neck, but not as much as you do on your sides.

I wish I looked as good as you user, n-no homo.

Any thoughts on chewing to induce masseter hypertrophy? It has been my main from of training and lately the muscle seems to be rounding my face out. Perhaps the excessive training has led to water retention.

>tfw i have been mewing since i was in middle school cause i realized how important aesthetics were at a young age

Shave your shitty beard so we can inspect your JAW

Thats my mum lad, im single. No homo

Im not sure chewing should activate that muscle. Pucker up your lips likenyou wabba give a kiss, now turn your lips either left or right and hold it in that spot ( this is where a pakatara would seriously increase your results, training the mesetter is the hardest, especially without a tool. The pakatara is the only one im aware of, there could be others out there at a cheaper price)

No, I like my beard.

Your mum must be proud of her handsome boy.
Also, another britbong?
N-N-No homo b-bro.

>hey guys, I found this new way to make facial gayns. It worked for me, but I wont provide you any real results or any sources that would prove that this way would definitely work, you just have to either believe me or not
so what is the point of this thread?
kys op

This isn't new. This is what i found to work for me. Im not selling you a product so do what you will with this information. If you want to find out if this works im assuming you can use google. Even if i provided "sources" you wouldnt do this, so this isnt for you, why even post

>dat lack of cheekbones
>those invisible lips
>dat short chin and narrow jaw
keep lying to yourself buddy. or better yet, go do it on sluthate, where you belong

Sure friend. Im unsure why you are spiteful, I made this thread a few minutes before work so I didnt compile an awesome photo shoot for turds like you. These photos were just on my camera roll, iv had a beard for like 3 years so i have no clean photos of before nd after. Your a total faggot if you think cheek bones should be protruding from your face. Everyones cheeks bones are indented, its just you got a slab of fat laying there idiot.

I'm not angry at all, just curious if you really believe that you fixed anything in between those two pictures because you obviously haven't.

>Your a total faggot if you think cheek bones should be protruding from your face. Everyones cheeks bones are indented, its just you got a slab of fat laying there idiot.
cope

Can someone screen cap the helpful advice OP is giving? On mobile, otherwise I would

I can physically see a difference in both my face and neck. You obviously dont care to notice it. Those two pictures dont even highlight those features yet its completely prevalent. The indentation on my cheek was not there 8 months ago no matter how much you wanna tell me it was. My face has a better posture and my mesetter is always keeping my mouth shut and lips together as it should be

Il repost daily

Uh guys have we worked out what will give me more penis girth yet, anyone?

No but there are peepee exercises that increase blood flow, idk what it can do for you

start jelqing son

Reported

Until a few years ago, I simply found it unbearable to breathe through my nose. Always felt like it was stuffed. I found that by realigning by jaw, suddenly my nasal cavity seemingly opened up.

I need proof it works

Howd you realign your jaw

I had a severe under bite. Simply put my teeth together. Felt unnatural at first. After a week, it became my default resting position.

OP is Spanish

Im actually assyrian, ( Lebanese and Syrian mix, obviously not the nig kind )

Sleep on your back without a pillow for ten minutes. Make sure your neck is touching the bed sort of like how you would sleep of you were on hard floor and didn't want the back of your head to hurt. Your tongue should naturally go towards the back of your throat. If it doesn't help it or a little. When you feel the back of your tongue hit the back of the roof of your mouth push up. Stay like this for ten minutes and then sit up and bite your teeth together. ItlL probably feel weird as fuck.

Pls keep making such treads sir

bump with cat so this doesnt die while im at work

Does it only work with this Patakar thing?

spine alignment changes much more than a few oversized tiny facial muscles

so proper molar->jaw->cervical spine alignment >>> any bullshit facial aesthetics routine you can do

do yoga, improve posture

>YES genetics DOES play a SMALL role in the ascetics of your face

The coping is real

Keep shit posting you nerd, your bumping me

this

>small role

OPs confusing the role of genetics with the size of his chin

Whats there to hate about this? Try it out or post your face. Clearly you have nothing to lose. What it takes like 3 minutes to complete half of the shit in the OP, you cant do that while resting between sets? I feel muscle fatigue specially in underneath my chin, I hope this may help tighten that space.

OP dont sweat it, I will take some before and after pics while I try this lightly through my workouts.