Is a 405 pound deadlift respectable?

Is a 405 pound deadlift respectable?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards
exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're tying to impress your grandma

Yes, the standard for "making it" is 1/2/3/4, so youre in line buddy. Good job!

it depends on your height, weight, and level of training.

use these sites to get an approximation of what is respectable:

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards
exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/

In normal society, it's good. In a fringe Himalayan anonymous shit posting board, you will be looked down upon although 90% of people here don't lift.

This. Childhood is thinking Veeky Forums's opinion is the be all and end all to weightlifting.

Adulthood is realizing Veeky Forums is just 95% DYEL skinnyfats on SS who dont know their ass from their elbow, and 5% actual lifters.

It's not very good. Any DYEL that does SS for a month should be able to deadlift 405.

>thinking even half the dyels here are on ss/sl at all

Bruh

>1/2/3/4
Explanation for a unfit?

OHP/bench/squat/DL

My actual lift proportions are 1/2/3/4 and it's funny how that's advanced for deadlift at my weight but I'm still like 30lbs behind that tier for bench.

1 plate OHP
2 plate bench
3 plate squat
4 plate dead

Except I've more commonly heard of 5/4/3 being the standard for making it on this Taiwanese spice trading board

135 OHP
225 BP
315 Squat
405 Deadlift

1/2/3/4 = pl8 amount

Is this a new meme? Whenever someone posts a deadlift here, someone is like, anyone can do this in a month.

yeah, 1/2/3/4 is highly arbitrary and shouldn't really be used at all.
should compensate for bodyweight, too

Might be fatties, it's pretty much piss easy to DL 405 as a recovering fatty than it is for a skelly

Thank you, kind Veeky Forums-daddies

This. A 22 year old at 145lbs qualifies for IPF junior worlds with a 1/2/3/4 total, while a 220lb male with a 2pl8 bench doesn't even qualify for intermediate on symmetric strength.

1/2/3/4 is a meme.

I literally JUST deadlifted 3 plates, but my squat is just shy of 3 plates. And my OHP is close to 1 plate. It is, in a word, retarded.

Of course it is you dum dum.

So what you're telling us is that you're super fucking weak at the deadlift compared to your other lifts?

Good to know

Some old lady politely said I was just showing off when I was loading the first plate onto a side the other day..

>tfw literally can deadlift 6pl8 for 1, but can't bench 2pl8 for one.

I wish I was joking.

is this all 1 rep max?

No it isn't. It's dyel cutoff. Not making it.

1/2/3/4 is the absolute minimum.

1/2/3/4 is just some random gold standard that Veeky Forums made up to make fun of people, people have different proportions yo

>inb4 strength at every size

>tfw part of that 5 %

I don't know why I even go here

pretty much

That's rough man. For me I can bench more than I squat. It's not like I ignore legs, my chest gains are just freaking retarded in comparison.

Don't know that type of shit is just terrible form or fucking weird genetics. Guessing the former in my case.

90% of Veeky Forums can't even pull 3 plate so yes it's respectable. A large majority of the posters here are just trolling and larping that they are alpha chads with incredible lifts.

95% of people here are r9k frog/Chad posters that have never set foot in a gym
The other 5%.........

I have really long arms. Which helps the deadlift and fucks my bench. My OHP is in line with deadlift in terms of proportionate strength, I'm guessing because arm length doesn't have as much of a negative impact on OHP due to the narrower grip width.

5'9", 170 lbs

Bench: 225
Clean: 195
Squat: 315
Dead: 365

How am I, family?

That makes sense. I think the best option for you is to just cut off part of you arms somewhere in the middle and stitch them back together.

you are an intermediate manlet with a shitty bench
basically "meh" in every regard

It's impressive. If you're at 170 pounds you're put in the advanced level of strength for that exercise. When you're able to do 4 plate for reps, it goes without question that you are strong and given a strength score in the 90s at symmetric strength. Only shitposters or roid monkeys will say otherwise. Most here pretend they are competitive lifters and have body dysmoprhia.

Is 1/2/3/4 for 5x5 making it?

Yes if fitness is all your concerned about

DYEL

I consider it the making it milestone, if your body fat percentage is low.

it refers to 1RM though

As long as you are doing your best, and working on improving that, it is respectable in my eyes. Respectable doesn't mean stop.

Those plates look familiar where have i seen that before? oh yeah Brad Dingleberry Mr fake plates himself.

What's a good row number in relation to 1/2/3/4?

barbell rows or cable row?

>cntrl f "leverages"
>0 results found

This is a bait thread for new lifters

1.5plate or slightly more.

Anything below a 5pl8 pull is wristlet territory.

I have benched 3 pl8's lmao since I was 12. I warm up with your max, and my dick is a measly 12 inches...... across.

wtf rippetoe is skinny as fuck

>tfw 200 lb male with a 88lb bench

If you have to ask

These are 1 rep maxes or for sets? Cuz I hit OHP and chest for reps at that weight.

if you're less than 150lbs it's respectable. otherwise not really, it's mediocre

muh leverages is the biggest cope ever lol

Even the curl bros I know can still do 4.5 plate

what the fuck. even if you're new you should know this fucking shit.

Leave you fucking DYEL faggot.

Is it atleast 2.5x bodyweight?

FYI here's what symmetric strength says about 1/2/3/4 for a 180 pound man. It's a major accomplishment compared to starting as a non-lifter and it is not well balanced.

Clearly and are retarded or trolling.

That said I still think it's a good benchmark and accomplishment. Different people hit different ones first. Personally my squat is just a little behind my DL, but I know guys who dead almost double what they squat.

Oh, to clarify that's for 5 reps because that's what I consider 1/2/3/4. Here it is for 1 RM. Still not weak.

Are you retarded

max

Read the sticky.

6'0
195 still trying to cut down to maybe 186ish-190
290 bench
385 squat
500 DL (sumo tho)

At 230 in weight and before I fucked my shit I was at
310 bench, 430 squat, and 535 DL Conv.

Now I just want to be aesthetic

6'0"
133lbs
98 ohp
140 bench
190 squat
255 deadlift

I'm the same height with probably a similar frame as you but look like a different species

But I hit that in 6 months on a proper diet. In fact all but the deads I can do for 3x5.

I love you too, papa

damn you're cool as fuck for knowing this stuff

>6'0
>133lbs
...shoo shoo skeletor

Yes, for normies, but not for gymrats

If you didn't release one turd lying peacefully on the floor from lifting, YOU ARE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!!!!

Can anyone actually bench 2-plate but can ONLY OHP 1-plate?

My PRs:
80 kg OHP x 1
112.5kg BP x 4
100kg Front Squat x 6
150kg DL x 5

I blame my scoliosis

Sticky is ded

>that's what I consider 1/2/3/4.
Why 5? Why the fuck 5? Why not 10? Why not 8? Why not 3?

i've been lifting in gyms for years and have yet to see anyone other than myself do more than 500, and very few people do 405

so yeah it's respectable

>It's a major accomplishment compared to starting as a non-lifter and it is not well balanced.

The idea that it's a "basic" strength level was invented by lanklets who eat 5000 calories a day the whole time they run SS, and 250lb lard asses.

405lb deadlift when you squat 315 and bench 225 just means you have long legs, long arms and big hands for grip.

>tfw can bench 2pl8 for 3 but barely deadlift 3pl8

i deadlifted 500 before I benched 225

alien reporting in

>mfw I only squat 90kg x5 and deadlift 120kg x5 but pull-up BW(77kg) + 20kg x8

>counting the bar

>proud of being weak

>Is a 405 pound deadlift respectable?
If you're in highschool, yeah.

Rippetoe seems like he'd be a cool guy to hang out with

That's pretty good. Ignore the DYEL shitposters.

Does everyone on Veeky Forums care about other people's opinions as much as OP?

>I POSTED IT AGAIN KEK LOL
>TOP KEK GUYS I POSTED IT AGAIN!
>CHECK EM I POSTED IT AGAIN

the shittiest book in the world.

>160 lbs bw
>365x5 diddly
>315x5 squat
>160x5 bench

I can OHP 1 plate for reps but can only 1rm 2 plate bench.

Time to juice

>fitness
>only training powerlifting exercises

good one, buddy

what the FUCK.

Hop on tren + test ASAP

Manlet?

yeah 5'7
might as well, the disparity is only gonna be another 5 lbs larger this friday boyos

Pretty good

Why 1RM? Just the way I learned it an seemed right to me. Not saying it's the only way.
But as to your question, I train sets of 5 as do most strength lifters as far as I can tell, so it's a natural benchmark.

wow I'm like 200 about and all my stats are shit other than bench and OHP desu

I usually do less weight for more reps (10-12 instead of 5) and 3-4 sets

I usually do OHP on the same day as bench/incline/dips so by the time I get to them I'm usually only doing like 95lbs for 8 with a bench of 235x3