QTDDTT

Where and idiot like me asks to be spoonfed.
>Is the macro calculator from bb.com good, should I use that to create my diet
>Pure sugar, so like you eat 100g of rice and you get 20 something gs of carbs. A spoon of sugar is just 100% pure simple carbs

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/CBStandingRearDeltRowRope.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is the macro calculator from bb.com good, should I use that to create my diet
No, because it's pretty easy to get confused in all this. All you have to do is make sure you're getting 0.8g/lb of body weight for protein. The rest is filled with carbs and fat.

>Pure sugar, so like you eat 100g of rice and you get 20 something gs of carbs. A spoon of sugar is just 100% pure simple carbs
sugar is a carb, yes, but it doesn't break down the same way a fibrous carb like rice does. Sugar triggers an insulin response in the body where as fiber and wheat does not. To make it simpler: Try to limit as much processed sugar as possible, preferably less than 30g a day, if not less than 10g. Breaking it every so often won't hurt but try to be selective.

>Questions That Don't Deserve Their Thread

you're missing an "O"

I just joined Gold's Gym, and I have 30 days to back out. Should I keep the membership or switch to 24 Hour Fitness?

24 Fitness:
>35 bucks a month
>4 blocks from my house
>would have to work out alone

Gold's Gym
>17 bucks a month
>10 miles from house
>could work out with buddy 2 days a week, and then alone for the rest of the week

What do?

Just taking gas into account the gas you'd spend going 20 miles to the gym and back 3x a week would probably negate the savings you're making from going to 24 hour fitness.

Otherwise it's totally your choice. Go to the gym you like better.

Is lean cuisine okay to eat?
i don't have time to meal prep and i can't keep spending $10 at subway

is there any SS + GOMAD version of agriculture and stuff like that?
tl;dr version
I want to start growing my random herbs like cilantro which I use a lot, random fruits I want, some vegetables and stuff in my small garden in my parents house to learn so in the near future I move to a rural area where my grandfathers live and I'm going to have a huge warehouse(plan to build a honest, simple house with a gym and live there) and plenty of soil to have animals plus plant whatever I desire, and that is my goal but I have no knowledge at all outside throwing seeds into the dirt and hoping it grows.

>i don't have time to meal prep
you're a fucking liar. Unless you literally work 10+ hours every single day and have to go to bed immediately when you get home you have time to meal prep.

not really a fitness question, I'd probably ask the outdoor or nature board. Maybe Veeky Forums.

basically that
take an hour to commute each way

well since it's basically food and food is 50% of lifting I thought it'd be ok

oh boo fucking hoo. I live in LA, up until last month I lived an hour(minimum, was worse depending on random factors) away from work and regularly worked 10+ hours and didn't even get meals covered by my job. I still made time for the gym and meal prep.

If I can fucking do it so can you you pussy.

Not many people here grow their own food. Not being rude, I just don't think you'll find what you're looking for on this board.

Yeah, decided to try it anyways.
Posted on animals/nature. hopefully they know it or direct me to the right board

I DON"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR LIFE
I JUST WANT TO EAT FOOD FOR CHEAPER SHIT NIGGA

leancuisine (and any frozen food for that matter) is overpriced and processed to hell and back. Pathetic amount of protein and too many carbs.

You're basically paying $4 for 300 calories or so, and not even 30g of protein. That's a terrible deal.

cheapest way to eat is to meal prep. Deal with it.

FUUUUUUUUUCK
alright i guess i better start cooking

that's more like it.

And honestly user cooking for yourself isn't that hard. Basic basic recipes are plentiful, and if you find yourself constantly battling for time you can try a crockpot and just get some chuck roast. Easy as shit.

My personal favorite go-to recipe is turkey tacos:
>1 lb ground turkey
>packet of mccormick taco seasoning
>1 can black beans (seasoned with cayenne and chili powder)
>1 oz mexican cheese blend per serving

tasty as shit, costs less than $2 per serving, 30g brotein. Add brown rice if you're bulking.

Is it better to lift in long sessions a few times a week, or short sessions throughout the entire week? Goal of gaining strength, secondary goal of gaining size.

First, read the sticky

Second, amount of time in a session has literally nothing to do with the weight you lift.

Third, strength and size are the same thing. Hypertrophy is what I think you're trying to refer to.

Best exercise for posterior deltoids?

Also, besides diet, are planks alone enough to get abs or should I also do situps or hanging leg raises?

I invited a girl to go hiking with me and she actually said yes. She even says she's excited about it. Where the fuck do I go from here? What do I do?

Golds Gym has trenbolone vending machines so go there

Go hiking. Talk a bunch. Make plans for a casual restaurant or coffee or something. Let it play naturally.

>coffee
Yeah maybe if you're a filthy casual. Caffeine is for losers

Then get decaf or tea you snowflake faggot

I have been told conflicting things about whether ppl is good for a relative beginner.

My lifts are 80 lb ohp
110 bench
190 deadlift
105 barbell row (reset a couple of times to work on form)
1pl8 squat

I have been indecisive, and went from sl5x5 to GSLP for a couple of weeks and went to PPL just the other day because I want to go to the gym more often. Is that a wise decision? I read to stick to GSLP for lower weights until you're stronger, but I want to go to the gym more than 3 days a week.

Ride a bike the 10 miles and you won't have to worry about cardio

Don't be afraid to freeze food. Spend one day cooking your balls off, and freeze it for a week or two. That way you can just pull something out of the freezer, heat it up, and eat.

For point number two, well no shit, but having a short amount of time for a session means one has to pick and choose which lifts to complete. And with that, my goal may not be feasible, or would be better suited to one of the two options.

Same situation dog I'm starting gslp again tomorrow cuz I'm indecisive as fuck

how do you guys typically handle doing a bulk?

would you set "numbers" goals ie. i'll bulk until i'm 190, then cut until I'm back at the weight I started at?

would you do it in time periods ie. I'll bulk for 3 months no matter what, cut for 2 months no matter what? do you prefer smaller or larger suprluses?

do you think counting your macros of carbs and fat is that important as long as you're getting 150g+ protein per day

How the fuck do I count calories with a scale? Explain step by step because im retarded in math

Glad I'm not alone.

Isn't PPL an intermediate routine? No reason to start there.

I personally prefer GSLP for a beginner method since it encourages hypertrophy and actually is a better method of finding where your limit is.

If you only have like 30 minutes to lift you should find a different time to do it. Rushing your sessions is only going to result in worse results.

F A C E P U L L
A
C
E
P
U
L
L

I saw on >reddit that it was a beginner routine listed here
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

1. Get calorie counting app (like myfitnesspal) or start an excel sheet autism-style.

2. Measure food on scale (Helpful hint: 28g = 1 oz)

3. Find brand of food on database or check nutrition facts.

4. Enter weight of food

5. Meet your goal for the day

Thinking about taking out the second leg day tho

seems pretty memey to me. You have to remember this is the same sub that subcribes to jason blaha's ICF program (literally just a modified SS program).

at the end of the day it's 80% the same lifts. Just do whatever you like more.

You mean this? exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/CBStandingRearDeltRowRope.html

is it better to do exercises fast or slow?

Thank you.

That's the one

No point to increasing or decreasing speed. Doing them too fast has potential to fuck up your form, or worse, lose your balance and fail your set. Going too slow can exhaust your body early by not breathing and just from holding the weight.

So the answer is don't go too far in either direction.

As a rule of thumb slow eccentric is good and fast concentric is good. This is especially true with isolation exercises

I forgot to ask. Do I weigh the food after its cooked too or do I only need to weigh it once?

Weigh it before cooking. Most food has water cooked out of it (or added to it) while nutrition stays the same.

Example:
4 oz of raw chicken has the same nutrition as it does cooked, even though it weighs less.

Example 2:
1/2 cup of dry rice has the same nutrition as cooked rice, even though it weighs more.

Good to know

For whatever reason, every night before my first class of the week, I am never able to fall asleep despite feeling normal. I have this issue for almost a year now and it is really annoying

try melatonin?

Has no effect even taking 2-3 1mg pills

Get up earlier, go on a jog before bed, shower before bed, stop looking at a screen an hour before bed, masturbate, try a variety of things user.

Wtf is a pre-workout supplement? What are the essential ingredients that make it up?

Oh fugg, I always weigh after cooking so I don't have to worry about germs.

Some vitamins, sometimes creatine, sugar, and a fuckload of caffeine.

It's overpriced for what it does. If you need some energy drink some coffee before working out or take a caffeine pill. Pre is rarely ever worth it.

get soap scrub wand, cleaning becomes a thing of ease.

>It's overpriced for what it does. If you need some energy drink some coffee before working out or take a caffeine pill. Pre is rarely ever worth it.
I fell for the sip boys meme and got hooked on energy drinks for my exercises. Though I drink them straight away in the morning and exercise 1/2 a day later because I need the boost. I probably squander my energy from that.

yeah don't fucking rely on energy drinks. Those things are practically one ingredient away from soda.

Is it true that you should eat fish & chicken instead of steak when cutting? Also, is creatin that bad for cutting? (which steak has) I only know it gives you more water retention. Should you honestly avoid carbs before bed when cutting? I eat at night as I would rather be full at night, and I like drinking milk to squeeze in those last calories for cutting. I heard it was bad to have carbs at night due to water retention.

Well it is only 10 calories and it's basically my candy/junkfood. What's wrong with relying on them?

>Is it true that you should eat fish & chicken instead of steak when cutting?
wut. Literally just eat anything within your macro limit that's not sugar or fast food.

>Also, is creatin that bad for cutting?
No, it just causes you to retain water. Also if you have balding potential it could increase the process or start it.

>Should you honestly avoid carbs before bed when cutting?
literally does not matter

>Well it is only 10 calories and it's basically my candy/junkfood.
you should be trying to steer clear of this stuff. It only encourages your sweet tooth and cravings. It's more of a mental thing but also regularly drinking that shit builds up a tolerance to it.

Can i lose weight just by lifting? Is cardio needed?

you lose weight by being at a deficit. Lifting and cardio can help, but it's 90% diet.

Thanks user.

I just started working out like a month or two ago. I switch Arms / Everything else day, x3, and then rest on day 7.

My question is should that rest day be COMPLETELY a rest day? It just feels odd not doing anything. Is it better to fight the urge to even do simple things like a few pushups or run, or light weights?

You have no reason to be doing isolation days particularly for arms at this stage. Focus on training as many muscles as possible using compound lifts in programs like SS or GSLP.

And yes, your rest day should be a total rest day, particularly if you workout more than 4 times a week.

I feel a weird lump, like a muscle tightening in my chest after I do crunches that lasts for about 1 second.
Could this be a spasm?

Whoops I meant my stomach area.

Think I'm gonna go with the ppl, but it kinda makes me sad I won't progress as much on squats if I do them once per week.

If you're a beginner just do them every workout until you hit 1.5 pl8. Your legs will manage.

I don't want to do squats 5 days a week, but I'll see about doing them split up evenly through my week.

oh shit I thought you were doing a 3-day program. My bad.

But yeah, no reason not to do squats at-least twice a week.

Does anyone have skin problems from working out? Some are definitely some lesion like things cause I can feel the unevenness of the skin on them. Other are just red dots seemingly on the surface of the skin. They're almost like moles accept the intensity of the red color can fade or strengthen depending on how my skin stretches. they almost seem to only cover a single pore. They also seemingly go and come depending on the day. I'm pretty sure it is something exercise related.

I don't know what they are but it's kinda worrying me.

I have some strech marks from lifting.

I have stretch marks too but these look different.

>weighed out on scale 152g trail mix
>bag says every 30g is 160cal, 6g protein

Obviously there is variance based on proportion of each food item you eat, but can this little food actually be around 800cals?

Weird skin shit that comes and goes is a sign of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, i.e. fucked up gut health.
It may come with some gastric problems too, but there's a whole group of people who won't have gastric problems and only other symptoms. Being borderline healthy means any amount of stress (and lifting is stress) will give you red rashes an lesions and lowering stress will make your skin heal.

Either that or your gym is fucking nasty.

nuts are extremely calorie dense, it's very possible

You did zero it out with the bowl on the scale, right?

In a month I have to run a beep test and get a 7.1 to be allowed to enter the police academy.

I just did a test run today and I got a 4...

Is it possible to improve by 3 whole levels if I run everyday? Is there a particular routine I should try and do? Thanks in advance.

Stress and poor gut health could definelty both be causes. My diet is far from good and I sure as hell can get really stressed sometimes.

Thank you

Find your body fat percentage, try as best as you can to lean bulk up, try to stay under 15% bf as long as you can, cut back down to 10 or lower then bulk again.

New to lifting here. Is it normal to feel some soreness in your knees after doing squats? Or am I fucking up somehow?

it's normal to feel some pain here and there when starting, bc the body needs to adjust to the movements.
Or you could've snapped your shit up

>go on date
>she goes to bathroom 7 times in 5hrs

Why?

Same user here. I'm almost at 1pl8 for squats, so I'm hoping this is just muscle soreness.

Yes I did, I was astonished because it said 1/4cup would be around 30g. I used a 1/2 cup measuring cup and put a 1/2 cup on the scale and it came out to like 90g. So basically I've been throwing these bad boys back and ingesting WAY more calories than I thought I was.

nah 24hr. 10 miles isn't worth the gas & the close location will make you less likely to skip

Best exercise besides planks for getting decent abs?

leg raises/ captains chair for lower abs
incline situps for upper abs
side bends for obliques

she is weird, use condoms

Ive been stuck on 2 pl8s for a while now how do I get my bench to go up

what shampoo along with conditioner do I get so my hair isn't shit on by chemicals and dht while also making sure that it isn't the equivalent of rubbing estrogen into my scalp?

Figure out what part of benching you suck the most at and work on that.

Without more info that's about the best you're gonna get.

Is working out for an hour 5x a week overtraining?

Almost certainly not, unless you're doing a crazy amount of work in that time period and/or are tremendously unfit.

Over training depends on shitloads of variables 5 hours can easily lead to over training if you do stupid shit as an advanced athlete but since you're here then no it won't do anything.

How badly does depression harm gains when either cutting or bulking? Is it significant?

I'm cutting and am doing very thing right. Calorie deficit. Adequate protein and Fats. But yeah I'm quite depressed.

How do I make sure I don't injure myself? I think I've got some apt so ill work on that. I'm worried about other imbalances or problems that could lead to injury, do I just use symmetricstrength to look for imbalances? Other than that I guess work on form, I used to do pull ups with my elbows not out as far and I think it was taking a toll on my forearms amd gave me some tennis or golfers elbow whichever one

Also should I use Scooby's calorie calibrator? What do you guys do?

Thanks in advance m8s

Just make sure you stay consistent. The problem with depression is it'll make you nit want to go to the gym and no gym no gains. It's not whether or not you fall it's how fast you get back up, but try to stay up if you want

Thanks dude. Fortunately gym and transforming my body is the only thing that I truly have a passion for. So staying consistent shouldn't be a problem

I'm not making any progress on my bench, like at all. Stuck on 10kg, when I try to put on 15 I can't push it up and 2.5kg is the smallest weight in the gym.
Squats (35kg), Deads (45kg), and OHP (5kg) are progressing pretty linearly though. Any help?

Progress on reps before adding weight. When you're working with such small numbers a 5kg jump represents a huge percentage jump.