Just happened

67.5 kg 3x5 chest touching no shaking bench press

Holy shit guys am I slowly making it?

That's what I hit after 2 months, starting with 30kg, as a skinnyfat.

Stop looking to fit for validation. That's decent progress if you're new, but just stop. That's like instawhores constantly posting tiddies.

Slowly but surely user. Never stop.

>150lbs
>3x5

No man. You have a long ass way to go before you even start making it.

Thanks bro i wont give up

Never.

t h i s
h i
i h
s i h t

I know user

But I ll work my ass off to get there

I swear to everything I believe in I will make a thread here in the future about 100 kg 3x5

sick brah. I remember the first time I benched 70kg. I thought that was so heavy at the time.

yeah I call bullshit on that

I can barely do 20kg for 5x10

>that feel when started lifting 5-6 weeks ago
>just did 75kg 5x5 earlier today

20kg would be just the bar?

This board is full of dyels, what did you expect?

>started to lift one year ago
>tfw stuck at 5x5 60kg

>goes to failure every workout
>eats only a couple of loads of cum and an apple a day

>all these fatty manlets thinking their bench is impressive

Try that when you’re under 15% bodyfat and taller than 6 feet lmao

deload, fix form, get diet in check and sleep more.

I can press 2 dumbbells of 50 lbs, how much would that be on the bar when I start doing bench presses?

how many reps?

i fucking hate benching. easily my least favourite lift. only do it cause i feel i have to.

tore rotator cuff a few years ago and been well sketchy about it since.

Great progress user, keep going, in a few months you will hit 80 kg with ease.

But then it will get harder to get to 100 kg, I needed an entire year for that.

>tfw bench 205 for 4
>cant get 225 for 1
kill me senpai
i dont want to do 215 and then 220 and then finally 225
i just want a 2pl8 bench

also
>tfw progressing on bench but stalled on squat and dead

Same. I got my bench up to 90kg for 4 or 5 reps a few months ago but I couldn't budge 2pl8. Now I'm weaker and getting strength back on bench is a bitch.

4x6

Assuming 50ibs = 25kg you could probably do around 60kg on the bench.

55-60 for 5 reps i'd guess, furst time would be less than that cause you're body ain't used to the exercise

I hit 60 kg after 1 month but I started at 35 kg and had to quit because no place for bench

Now I started again 4 days ago and am at 47,5 kg

I'm asking since on this board its apparently necessary to do so: Do you guys include the weight of the bar or what? 70kg for five reps was literally what I benched in my second week of working out if we include the bar

yes. you include the weight of the bar. people meme here that you don't to make new lifters feel self conscious.

that's pretty insane man

nice, I'm gonna work on my form first though
Did you guys learn to benchpress alone or someone showed you and was here with you the 1st times?

yeah absolutely do that first, dropping 60kg on your neck is not a good idea.
I went with a friend who'd been lifting for years, can't you ask any of the gym staff for help?

150 lb bench is not insane retard

5 reps in his second week of working out?

for someone on his second week its pretty damn good retard.

ok ? maybe he's neglected to say he's done benching before or that he's 200+ lbs

Jesus christ Veeky Forums really is full of dyels.
With a proper diet you could easily ride noobgains to 3pl8 bench within 4 months

proper diet of test

t. benched in high school but that totally doesn't count right XD

You don't need a friend, just work up and get warm by starting on the bar for a bunch of reps, then 40kg, 50kg, 55kg etc with fewer reps each time.
Just retract your shoulder blades and brace your core properly, don't risk a rep if you are not sure about completing it, that or ask someone to spot you.

>can't you ask any of the gym staff for help?
The gym near where I live is a budget gym and there are no trainers from what I understood
Alright thanks, I watched the 13min long how-to on the benchpress on the bodybuilding.com youtube channel, got some cues on how to execute it safely. I think I'll be fine working my way up slowly.

did you just delete all of that cause you had a double thanks? come on dude it wasn't that bad

Yes, I'm trying to stop being an overly nice guy

good luck and don't kill yourself dumb frog poster

Do dumbbells instead if youre that inexperienced, move over to the bench when you csn put on some plates

Just own what you are. Nothing wrong with being a nice guy. A nice guy who hates how nice he is and gets awkward about it, that gets annoying.

20kg is 1pl8 on each side (20kg)

what? I thought the bar was 1 plate

yea but your not meant to count the bar

lmao1plate!!!1 is 60 kg
The bar + 1 plate on each side
>inb4 memes

Define "making it"?

If you could bench 10kg last week, and manged to bench 12kg this week, then you're still "slowly making it".

Progress is fucking progress.

No one apart from powerlifters and autists (some would say the same thing) cares about how much you can lift. If you're lifting to look good, just keep lifting, add weight when you can, and eat properly until you get your goal body.

Are you fucking retarded?

1pl8 = 45lbs = the bar alone

1pl8 is 135 pounds, 1 45 pound plate on each side + bar
2pl8 is 225 2 45 pound plates on each side + the bar.

In meme terms, 1pl8=135lbs/ yes. But, since 90% of this board is dyel - one plate is one single plate which is 45lbs.

But, really the only interpretation where one plate = 135lbs is this board. You'd have to be not only stupid but advanced stupid to not realize a dyel means 45lbs when he refers to one plate.

If you're doing 80kg+ by christmas you're making it

what the fuck?

this is simple primary school math user

1pl8 = 45 pounds

135 pounds = 3*45 pounds = 3pl8s

similarly 225 pounds = 5*45 pounds = 5pl8s

nice bud

62.5 kg today, gonna be benching bodyweight in a couple weeks, it's my worst lift by far so that's gonna feel pretty good

I take it you don't actually lift then? Just here for the memes

uhhh dont count the bar, and only count 1 side...

Anyone who posts "am I making it" is too insecure to be making it.

The fact that they don't get that is tragic.