The D

If it weren't for the fact that I'm at uni I'd be a /r9k/-tier NEET. I've got sick of my lips making me look like I'm some sort of burns victim and the only fix that I've yet to try is getting my daily dose of vitamin D.

Is there anything I should know before taking these? What effects should I expect? I honestly don't think that I've ever got my daily recommended dose of the stuff. About £0.02 a 10 microgramme pill is a good deal, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

vitamindwiki.com/Many hints that vitamin D megadoses cure some diseases
mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108
youtube.com/watch?v=uc815fQn8iY
examine.com/supplements/vitamin-d/
examine.com/nutrition/the-truth-about-vitamin-d/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154195
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18351428
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20050857
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2846322/
amazon.com/Sperti-Vitamin-Light-Box-Supplement/dp/B01LBI1BIO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

10µg is really low for vitamin D. Try 25µg and make sure you're getting cholecalciferol (D3) and not ergocalciferol (D2)

>Is there anything I should know before taking these?
Vitamin D is used as a rodenticide.

>What effects should I expect?
Instead of feeling like blowing your head off with a shotgun you just feel depressed.

>he actually bothered to type the µ
Shit, you've probably just posted extremely reliable information.

CTRL+ALT+M

If you're not taking at least 10,000 IU's of vitamin D, you might as well be dead.

Not even memeing.

250µg? Explain.

vitamindwiki.com/Many hints that vitamin D megadoses cure some diseases

Any other sources and/or experiences with this? I take between 1000 to 3000 a day, 10000 is fuckin 10 pellets of that shit, and on the box it says to take just one a day.
whats with this

Been taking vitamin D for a week now and am now way hornier than before. Used to jerk off only 2-3 times per week, now it's everyday, sometimes more than once per day.

I take 5000IU a day. Don't see any difference tbqh

>on the box it says to take just one a day

Yeah, and that's so you won't become deficient. But if you REALLY want to reap the benefits out of Vitamin D supplementation (same with Vitamin C, look up Linus Pauling), megadosing up to a high (but appropriate) dose is your body's best friend.

I was also intruiged and did some reading and I've only found evidence that toxicity occurs at 50000ius daily for several months mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108

Had some d3 in the cabinet so I just popped 3 for good measure, I try to get lots of sun and get a fair bit of vitamin d from whole milk, but I think I might ramp it up to 5-10kius per day seeing as there is no evidence of toxicity at that level.

what are the odds Vitamin d3 cures my acne like instantly? Idk if its just by chance but whenever I come home from uni, I have D3 pills at home so I take them daily and my skin basically instantly improves and then goes to shit again when I stop

Yes, that definitely looks like a reliable source and not some place trying to shill products.
>using privacy services when registering the domain
>connected to "non-profit" started by a single doctor with controversial publications
>said "non-profit" conveniently has ads for products on their page and a weekly newsletter that probably advertises more

I think I've just fucked up. What's the expiry dates usually like on vitamin d? I've just bought more than a year's worth.

>and on the box it says to take just one a day.
>whats with this
Disregard that. You can also find 2500 pills that say "one a day".

you need D in its coupled for made by UVB sulfating cholesterol not a pill.

I just took delivery of one of these UV lamps..

Yea I thought that the recommended value isnt really something to go by.
I remember reading on here a few weeks back that 10000 was the threshold for toxicity, but there wasnt any timeframe added to that so fuck that 50000 seems like a reasonable value to me. Not gonna go anywhere close to that, but I will try taking 5000+ for a few weeks and post results in the next thread.
thanks brehs

What's this I hear about needing to take vitamin K with d?

Google only reveals pic related and shorter versions of pic related. Hopefully this is /thread, although there's nothing about test here. Can anyone explain to me why Veeky Forums links vitamin D with test?

1000 IU's per 25lbs. of bodyweight

Just started this today after finding it in my cabinet. Taking 10,000 IU and felt more optimistic. Still sick though and I haven't left the house. Will it help bacne?

I take 50k units per week of D3. Really easy to get the script from a Dr. Helps with testosterone as well.

Where the fuck do you need a script for vitamins kek.

Anyway, I've been taking 3-5k a day for a few months and have noticed huge imporvemtns in mental stability, energy and test. But then again I started at nearly half the average level. Reminder to your bloods done

youtube.com/watch?v=uc815fQn8iY

if you are living in a place with little sunlight take vitamin D

I get almost no sunlight wednesday - sunday, working nights. I do get tons on monday and tuesday though.

Would I be vitamin D deficient?

didn't do anything

K is needed to activate proteins made possible by D to deliver minerals to bones.

thus, lack of K but sufficient D can lead to hardened blood vessels

Just FYI most people who are vitamin D deficient are put on a 2,000 IU per day or a once weekly 50,000 IU regimen and see their levels hit and maintain normal within several months. I’ve seen the labs first hand hundreds of times... you guys might be going overboard with the megadosing

Also just to build off of this, a free clinic I worked at got a grant and started testing everyone’s vitamin D levels that came in. Something like 60-80% were found to be deficient. Keep in mind the cohort.

Yes.

I might hop on the d3 train, because eastern europe gets fuckall sun and I sit in the office half a day anyway so Im 100% deficient.

Anyone knows if this might be the reason Im sick so often? I literally get cold every month or two and at least 3 times a year I get something serious like bronchitis

go to Tesco’s and buy some, it’s like £1 for 200

>be smart
>go outside 15 mins a day
>dont fuck up your receptors with synthetic shit

Reminder that only double digit IQs buy vitamin D.

>be me
>live in Britain
>go outside
>freeze to death because we haven't discovered the sun yet
>die

>be retarded brit
>thinks his civilization has discovered vitamin D in pill forms

Remove your fucked up teeth and plant them in your wrists.

> fucking mongoloids sharing mom-science tier links when Examine exists

Fuck, beat me to it. By 2 fucking hours.

examine.com/nutrition/the-truth-about-vitamin-d/

>Can anyone explain to me why Veeky Forums links vitamin D with test?
Evidence honestly isn't the strongest, but does exist.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154195
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18351428
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20050857

Just spend a few minutes out in the sunshine dummy and eat more fish

I think I know why people tend not to post Examine. Examine rarely covers the effects of correcting a deficiency, which is what people in thread like these are interested in. Examine is for people who want to supplement for the sake of performance.

>eat more fish
Some people are poor and what you'd pay for the fish that's good for vitamin D is less than what you'd pay for shitty fish and a week's worth of tablets.

Worth every penny to avoid the tablet jew

High vit D is best, but low vit D is healthier than inconsistent levels of vit D. Vitamin D is probably more about circadian rhythm and consistent sleep and light exposure than the actual vitamin. Work on sleep "hygiene" by turning off the lights after dark, or at least getting yellow ones that are friendly to your eyes.

One spoonful of the fish oil I'm using once a day, is it any good? Sorry for it being in czech, it shouldn't be difficult to read tho.

Are these legit?

Canned fish is a great source of vitamin D, zinc, and omega 3 fatty acids, and also dirt cheap. A can of mackerel is like $1 for ~400 calories.

Also spend plenty of time outside in the sun obviously.

Eat those mackerels outside!

u dumb fag obviously its option+m

It's enough to prevent deficiency.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2846322/

Conclusion

A UV lamp that emits ultraviolet radiation similar to sunlight and thus produces vitamin D3 in the skin is an excellent alternative for CF, and SBS patients who suffer from vitamin D deficiency due to fat malabsorption, especially during the winter months when natural sunlight is unable to produce vitamin D3 in the skin. This UV lamp is widely available for commercial home use and could potentially be prescribed to patients with CF or SBS.

never mind the target sample being defective abdorbers it still shows the lamps make D

read the Amazon reviews some report testing before and after showing increased D

amazon.com/Sperti-Vitamin-Light-Box-Supplement/dp/B01LBI1BIO

im using 62.7 something from myprotein, Vit D3

is this too much? I lift 5x week, drink a lot of water and piss a lot

>Instead of feeling like blowing your head off with a shotgun you just feel depressed.

real shit

>Canned fish
Ok, that's it. Someone tell me about tuna. I've never learned what the serving size is supposed to be and what I should be paying for it.

go with sardines, herring and mackerel for less Hg.

maybe its stress related(less stress when youre home?)
though vitamin D is a steroid hormone so its extremely essential for your body and many processes and most people are deficient so could be

How much daily exposure to sunshine do you need to fill up your D reserves?

Now that winter is coming, how do I make up for the lack of sunshine? Eat lots of fatty foods like eggs, fish and nuts?

Only works on certain master race keyboard layouts.

This, taking 10,000IUs literally changed my life. I've been doing it for about a year now and feel so much better.