Cold showers

is progressively taking less hot, then warm, then cool showers an effective way to start regularly taking cold showers?

or do i need to just brace it and take the plunge?

Why do you want to take cold showers user?

You basically just have to step in. Sure, only go 50% to ice cold the first time or so, but you have to take that plunge eventually.
Its called a "Scandinavian Baptism"

brace it fag

brown fat activation among all the other benefits

Easing into it is acceptable and anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

Why? The cold water will activate cold-shock proteins regardless of what your temperature was before you started freezing, so you might as well enjoy some relaxing warmth before some relaxing cold.

Source: I do both

also, there's a finnish tradition I think of people going back and forth between saunas and glacial water.

fine. brb gonna go get baptized

fuck off satan it's good for you idiot

do it either way, but the most important part is to stop delaying by asking questions and just do it

ease into it if it's hard at first, if not then go for it. it's water nigga

it's feels good af after a hot and sweaty workout. plus it's been debated that the cold helps recovery/reduce soreness but i don't know how concrete that may be

fake. You only burn brown fat from living in colder climates you retard. Showers don't do shit other than give shrinkage.

Why is this subreddit so fucking stupid.

just did it, straight to full cold.

not too fun at first but felt great after a while. in the middle of it i relished in the knowing that i was willingly subjecting myself to something I found uncomfortable.

now my completely unheated apartment feels warm and toasty

also it feels a lot better than after a hot shower, where i feel kind of lethargic afterwards. plus it was a lot more time effective, since I wasn't dicking around in the shower for no reason other than to stand in hot water

id say just go from body temperature to cool, not freezing. if youre just jumping into freezing water and shivering your ass off the whole time its gonna raise stress levels in the body

what i did was put it on full cold but only put my legs in the water at first, then stomach, then everything else. didn't shiver. almost did but consciously avoided it because the intention is to have my body produce heat.

Hot water knob? Haven't touched it in months. I'm actually currently going through the process of having it uninstalled from my plumbing, they should be coming out sometime next week. I had to list a reason(s) on the work order as to why I am requesting my hot water knob to be removed and discarded. Would you can to hear the reasons? Well stay tuned friend. 2 reasons:

1. Discipline
2. Mental toughness

My property manager was initially questioning my reasons, but I explained to her that by taking cold showers I am actually able to develop discipline and mental toughness. After a long and heated (note that I needn't anything heated, especially my water) debate, I was able to convince her to put the work order in. Now I'm living a great life, warm water free. I even started forcing my gf to take cold showers with me. I refuse to date an inferior female, and I explained to her that if she can't learn to accept and love cold showers as I have then we really have no business being together anyways.

Wouldn't having the knob available but not using it be better for mental toughness?

This this this x 1000
Op, drop what you're doing and read this. The WHOLE POINT of cold showers is to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. You can't ease yourself into something when the point is that it's not easy

I'm OP and I wrote that post you replied to

I appreciate your post nonetheless

Just do it
The uncomfortable is needed for the learning

Why doesn't this board use ID's?

>note that I needn't anything heated, especially my water

ice bath it cunt.
dont want to sound like a shill but ice baths work.

Work what exactly

All the "colder shower benefits" are incorrectly extrapolated (from studies about keeping people cold FOR HOURS) by other retards on the internet like you.

Cold showers are literally bro science.
Want the benefits of being cold? Keep your house at 40 F

>subreddit
Go back, fags like you ruin this board

ok, i'm sure.

i still felt really good and will continue to do it.

Warm showers are fine. Just ice your balls every once in a while, same thing for the test boost

After taking a nice warm shower you can always decide to shower cold afterwards.
Rinse your legs, fiorst the one, then the other.
Same with the arms and afterwards your face.
Then you can just step in the cold.
If you want to, rinse your head.
Afterwards you might just squat down und japan style your bunghole and your scrotum.

Wash in warm then blast yourself with cold

Fuck you asswipe.

I R O N Y

Why must it always be an extreme? What is the benefits of medium showers?

Correct. You build your sauna next to a river or pond and jump in after your finished.

Medium showers make you a humongous faggot

go back you scum

I started taking cold showers in the Army, we hadn't warm water most of the days and basically just made it my habit
When I was at home I started having showers but the last 2 mins I started lowering the temp.
First bath was 40%cold, the second 60% and the fourth 80%. At one week I took a deep breath and opened only the cold one.
>Don't do cold from the beginning
>Take a deep breath
I usually lost my breath the first 2 times so I tried having air inside me before.

cont.
One UDT officer once told me that all the swimming they do in cold water and the open sea actually helps the muscles get rid of the lactic acid.
Be careful though you must let your body cooldown naturally before taking a cold shower after shower or else your muscles will tighten up or get injured.
I usually take a cold shower before work and another one about an hour after coming home from the gym.

>falling for bait this low in quality
newfags are the worst

I bet you train in the 6-7 reps range

Ok fit, I'm about to take a shower. If I can manage myself to not touch the hot water knob I'll tell you back my experience.

Reporting back. I couldn't make it full cold, so I went as usual and closed the hot water gradually. I finished with cold water (although it still felt a bit warm on my hands). In a couple hours I'm going to the gym and showering again, I'll try making it colder. If this thread is still alive I'll tell my experience.

My room used to be cold, now it's pretty warm.

Taking an ice bath will recover muscles but cold showers arent enough