Update sticky

So I think we should update the sticky seeing as how we have all of these new diets and such
Post what you want updated along with sources and we’ll hope mods see the thread

Other urls found in this thread:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/645466
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3381913
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sticky is fine

if you can't lose weight without relying on stupid meme diet you're never gonna make it anyway.

Yeah but there is like intermediate fasting and veganisn and it’s probably confusing the newfags so we need to do our part to help out

We need to discuss the /sip/ meme
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/645466

Do your own research, show up whenever you are useful, help who needs it, ignore trolls

SS is a meme and should be removed. Bulking is bad advice too. You can gain on a minor caloric deficit after all as long as youre ingesting enough protein

> SS
Sure
> bulking
Nigga what?

I think the sticky should be updated with in-depth form guides and with stuff like bracing.

I think it's accurate as putting on weight and losing weight go. As well as cultivating mass. You need to eat more to gain mass. No way around it.

However, I feel like it should go over Novice Lifter Recompisition. If you are fat, you can eat at a slight deficit, but the fat will help you lift while progressing your main lifts linearly.

I think a skeleton novice should eat at a maintenance or very slight surplus. They will also benefit from noob gains.

There’s currently zero mention of sipping. Bare minimum, it should advise starting every day with
>that first sip of the day

>IF
So calorie restriction causes weight loss?
>veganism
bait.jpg

>you can gain on a calorie deficit
>gain on calorie deficit

:thinking:

> Abstract is clearly about 4loko.
> Nothing about sips
You're a fucking brainlet and you should be sterilized.

If you train diligently, and you do IF or alternate day fasting WHILE EATING AT MAINTENANCE, you will recomp.
Your body will prioritize repair, building and refilling muscle, and filling glucose stores.
You'll become better able to use stored energy rather then relying on constant streams of food and sugars and the like.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3381913

>you do IF or alternate day fasting WHILE EATING AT MAINTENANCE

It seems like we have different definitions for eating and fasting. You're eating 1 days worth of calories for two days of TDEE.

SS is fine, fuck off.

It's a trash program that's lead more innocent dumb bastards to snap city and away from fitness then it's helped.
Doesn't help that it's shilled for litterally fucking everything you can think of when it comes to fitness and the outright nake oil salesman tier claims people make about it.

lol you’re stupid

>leads more innocent dumb bastards to snap city
>implying SS doesn't show you how to avoid snap city

If people do things wrong, that is their fault. Not the book that describes how to do them right you retard.

Actually you're right about the alternate day fasting.
But TDEE is TDEE for THAT DAY.
We're not discussing it by the week becuase the body doesn't give a fuck about the artificial construct call the week or month or year.
It only cares about the time of day, seasons, weather, food it can get too, stressors, and survival.

An active body that gets food in a small window of time will not save it as fat for later.
It will use it for repair and refilling first rather then use it as energy.
Why?
Because it has adapted to a constant large stable intake of calories and will get to it EVENTUALLY. It just burns the excess for your energy needs and just heals and fills you up regardless. It doesn't even touch your fat stores or stored energy.
IT DOESNT HAVE TO!
IT has plenty of fucking food!
This is great, if you're a growing child, teen, highly active below weight young adult male, ovulating female, pregnant female or someone who's recovering from a sickness or some great physical stress and need recovery.

Not for the average person. Not all of the time.
The body needs to know how to use it's own energy stores in my opinion.

IF FUCKING EVERYONE IS DOING IT WRONG THEN IT MIGHT JUST BE THE GODDAMNED PROGRAM!

TDEE*7 = TWEE

Suddenly a multiple of 7 makes everything different. wew lad

Everyone isn't doing it wrong. You =/= everyone. Try again.

If it requires people to meet certain requirements and there are less then a handful of people who REALLY FOLLOWED THE PROGRAM BECAUSE THEY ARE SUCCESSFUL then it's a piss poor beginners program.
It's for a certain sub section of people and according to the people who actually care about this section of fitness it's beyond lacking. Stating it is for everyone is deeply deeply fucking retarded and leads people to snap city or just away from fitness altogether.

It doesn't require people to meet certain requirements? I guess it tells you what lifts are bad if you have a certain forearm length that could lead to you injuring yourself.

It's literally just telling you how the human body functions under a load. I've always referred to it as a physics-based interpretation of form.

The nutrition advice is a meme, but what the fuck are you expecting from a person writing it specializing in weight lifting and not nutrition?

Okay you read into some of my post and stopped okay.

TDEE is a convenient extrapolation. It's a good guideline but it's not 100% correct I mean hell, the amount of calories it takes to make a pound of fat changes from person to person and a 500cal deficit doesn't equate to a pound of fat loss a week all of the time for fucks sake.

It's all just a convenient way to conceptualize the idea that food is energy that your body needs a certain amount of.
That's it.
You can use fucking units of food and get the same effect.

IT works, but there's a problem.
People simply think in terms of calories and not in terms of actual food. Of what goes into their bodies and how their body uses it and why.
They don't know.

It's been completely taken out of the discourse and replaced with eat any goddamned bullshit just count your calories.

It's safe and can be effective but it doesn't fix a single goddamned thing and even raises a whole host of other problems.

Like the total disconnect between physical and mental cues that people should know when it comes to eating. That will help you lose weight fast as fuck.
But that's not easy to talk about and will lead to people questioning what they put into their bodies. So calories it is.

>muh behavioral psychology makes you lose weight !!

TDEE / 24 = T(Hourly)EE. Wew, you sure changed a lot.

>behavioral psychology makes you lose weight
Yes.

>If we all just believe hard enough and take up meditation while eating the same we will lose weight.

Link to Chris Duffin yt content about squat bench and deadlift.

You know that thing where stupid people make up arguments that were never made to "win" instead of discussing something?

I think that's funny.

If the person can't do deadlifts squats overhead press or bench then what?

>not understanding the point
Behaviors do not make you lose weight. Eating less makes you lose weight.

Your argument is like: "Being alive makes us gain weight, because weight is gained while being alive".

Then get him a wheelchair and some dumbbells. Assistance exercises are covered in SS.