Running as substitute for working out legs

I only train my upper body but i don't want to have toothpick-tier legs
I also run/jog 2-3 times a week, will runner legs look as good as fit legs?

No.

Sprinting may give you that, jogging won't give you mass though.

>as good
if by "good" you mean "muscular", then no. look at photos of long-distance runners.
sprinters tend to have more hypertrophy though.
lifting for hypertrophy will give you mass. the cardio will increase definition by lowering bf%.

So you are saying you cant allocate 15 minutes of your time for a proper 3x5 squat session?

When will you leglets finally learn???

unless you're sprinting, no it won't do shit, and even then, it's not enough.
if you're not going to train your legs, don't bother training at all. you'll look laughably unproportionate and you'll never be strong.

run very steep hill quickly and with good form , will give you way more glutes , hamstring , quads , calves volume & intensity than squat .

>run/jog
Nope. Try sprinting.

I replaced my leg day with 20 minutes of hiit, I'm pretty happy with it. I fucking hate squats.

>it's too hard so i replaced it with something more in my comfort zone
state of leglets, lol

people who squat instead of doing high intensity cardio are fucking retard, we were fucking born to run and instead of doing it those retard do run-mimicking shit

sprinting is okish but dont expect a hypertrophic miracle.

you will still see far more results and gains in leg weight training

reatrd

are you somehow implying you can't do both?
kek what a retard.

that's odd because my sprint has gone from 12.5 to 11.1 since i started squatting and training legs

This.

This is bullshit. If you jog and eat big you will get enormous legs.

Don’t bother most of the amerifats here hate running in any form as they can barely make it up the stairs without going out of breath lmao

Reminder that no one cares how much you can lift if you cant make it to the end of the sentence.

keep coping, track "athlete" kek

Just do what the fuck you want to do, nigger. Do you want muscular legs? Train them as much as upper body. Don't care that much if they're huge? Don't train them as much.

Or maybe if you sprint and eat big... it's more promising than jogging? Sure you might be able to make gains off of eating big and jog, but if you want big legs then why wouldn't you do an activity that gives you what you want more efficiently.

EAT ALOT
SPRINT / HILL WORK
BIKE (HARD)

= gigantic legs as a profit

eat to little and you will be skeleton the key with cardio for gains is training to power not endurance and high amount of FOOD

Running on your toes should be enough to get decent looking legs.

>I'm too pussy and weak willed to build the mobility to properly train squats.
Fixed that for you.

Reminder that ABSOLUTELY NOBODY gives a fuck if you run, period.

Jogging won't do much but sprints will, Probably better to squat and jog desu.

I have been doing bodyweight stuff exclusively but bodyweight squats(no access to a gym and moving soon so not worth buying a membership) are not adding much mass so I want to add sprints. I have just been adding more and more but doesn't feel like enough.

I heard going uphill will help hypertrophy. How does this work exactly? Do I just run up a few times as fast as possible and then rest? What are the equivalent to sets and reps here? How often should I do it.

I don't lift

Only run

Believe me when I say, No.

Why not do pistol squats?

I'm scared for my knees. I might add both sprinting and pistol squats but I want to have options.

>scared for your knees

Stop, your knees are strong enough to handle pistol squats

You promise papa?

Besides I want to add sprinting too. I literally do no cardio other than walking. On a related note isn't doing a ton of bodyweight squats bad for my knees?

>I'm scared for my knees.
>pistol squats

wew lmao

lads, I have a question. I love squats deadlifts and running and I'm trying to fit them all into a 3 day schedule (ABCxABCxABC...). HOw should I go about doing this?

I notice that I presently do AB(deadlift)C(running and squats). I don't notice any strength decrease for squats and I'm making running and deadlift gains. Will this muder my legs in the long run?

You're a sorry excuse of a man if you only lift upper body. Be a fucking man and start squatting, hell even leg press if you can't summon the strength and courage to squat. If you don't train legs you are a fucking disgrace.

No, they will look like garbage

If you do HIIT sprints for cardio they might help your calves but you still need squats (and deadlifts too)

No, just eat and rest enough and lift with correct form.

sprinting, hiking, rucking will give you adequate legs unless you have poverty leg genetics

Those look like triathlon/cycling legs
All the people I know who cycle up hills hard have massive legs that are super cut

Have fun squatting in the gym all day while we make cardio and leg gains on the bike

"muh legs" - Veeky Forums nerd without social life trying to cope bragging about muscles no one IRL gives a fuck

I don't understand why they insist on these massive fucking legs which are completely impractical and useless outside of the squat rack.

fucking this
runner and cyclist legs seems to be smaller but way more defined regardless of bodyfat , especially for the calves .

Been sprinting for several weeks now, twice a week.

Doing 30-40 min proper warm up, and 4x40m 100% sprints, as directed to me by a Level 2 sprinting coach. Overall takes like 60-80 min to complete the sprinting session. My legs are shot afterwards for like 3 days, I don't understand how I can train legs alongside full effort sprints...Getting fast as fuck though.

Also my legs are getting SOLID from it. Maybe not necessarily bigger, but they're getting dense. It's just a dense slab of meat now. Especially the backside of legs/ hamstrings. Solid like diamonds. Glutes too. Solid af. Also sprinting is also a great shoulder workout. Shoulders sore af after.

anything that work your body naturally will be better at building a healthy body than free weight .

Running make better legs
Climbing make better upper body
Running & climbing make better core

and building muscle through intense cardio will always result in them being more functional .
Someone who do kayak and someone who run will always be more useful than gym rat who do row and squat

>t. sincerity

Don’t run long slow distance. Run fast intervals. They don’t have to be full sprints but like 400-1000m should do. Run them hard. Yes they will give you strong legs.

Lifting weights will have better results for size and strength though. But running has lots of benefits lifting doesn’t, too.

In a perfect world you’d do a lot of both.

in a perfect world you're do flat spring , uphill sprint , long slow and you would disregard squat because they bring nothing news to the table that the other don't already do

Run hills. Intervals are lame.

This is ridiculously untrue. I ran CC in college and we ALL had stick legs, despite enormous calorie intake

Lol you think sprinting is a good substitute for squatting 300 lbs? Sorry my man it simply is not.

t. Former XC and track runner