VEGAN GENERAL

take the test before posting edition

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency to grow crops then feed them to animals
- Major contributor to global warming.

Wikipedia - Environmental impact of meat production

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Reports

webarchive.loc.gov/all/20100203152611/http://www.eurekalert.org/images/release_graphics/pdf/EH5.pdf

nrdc.org/sites/default/files/less-beef-less-carbon-ip.pdf

Vegan Health (meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

Vegan diet healthy for all stages of life

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

Vegan ethics

Animals and Ethics - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH3ai

Most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient & intelligent as retards should have the same moral status

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven nor justified, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=slowcooker vegan meals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=JC_yWanQIJPZ8AfFg7OoBg&gws_rd=cr
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normative_ethics
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descriptive_ethics
discord
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589
youtu.be/aaqR9V4XkXA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1687395
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice post. Posting pic of the argument from marginal cases.

inb4 meatcucks turn into epistemological nihilists all of a sudden

>Do you care about animals?
>no
>done
only way you're gonna make it bois

Would you be happy if your dog/cat were raped and killed?

Anyone ever notice vegans are literally just triggered by meat eaters?

It is not a positive movement with its own ideals, it is a plan of an anti-plan: whatever meat eaters do, do the opposite.

vegans of /pol/ discord

discord

.gg/U5D7tD

Special pleading about
A. animals vs humans but not plants vs animals
B. not keeping "carnivorous" animals from killing one another because "it's in their nature"

P3 isn't true for plants

try again

>be meatcuck
>see vegan general
>enter it even though you have nothing of worth to say
>bitch about how vegans are ruining your deliciously murdered corpse
>go away

Wow, meatcucks truly know how to debate. Now fuck off please and let the grown ups debate.

This flowchart can, with few adjustments, be utilized to justify the abolition of legal abortion.

While you hippies are fellating cucumbers and worshipping Bernie, you may wanna ponder that for a hot second.

>Start a thread insulting people
>Nothing about fitness, op post 80% excuses to insult people who understand sapience vs sentience or dont care
>Display these peoples "opinions" in the form of multiple strawmen over a flowchart
>why do they bother me in my thread about vegans :(

Whats a good vegan slowcooker meal? I need recepies.

Where are supposed to be this insults? You ARE eating meat therefore you ARE a meatcuck.

OP's post contains many scientific studies about veganism and health.

There are no strawmen in the flowchart.

Why DO you bother me in my thread about vegans? You won't feel remorse for killing and raping animals, therefore as the flowchart says it, FUCK OFF.

google.com/search?q=slowcooker vegan meals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=JC_yWanQIJPZ8AfFg7OoBg&gws_rd=cr

>nutrition isn't a part of fitness
IIFYM big macs amirite?

Hello herd animals whose teeth will fall out, bones will grind to dust, and whose skin will become like parchment and rip to pieces
How goes the non-bioavailable b12 supplementation?
how goes creating toxic strain on your microbiome?
how goes the overall weakness and lethargy?
how goes raising your risk for all chronic diseases and even cancers from excess carb intake?
How goes lording over your artificial capitalist-supported lifestyle that wouldn't last one second out in the wilds over the poor and underprivileged?

Lol op says read the following under ad hominem
andwhen you express how animals truly are on the test he uses an ad hominem attack.
"Dont cut yourself on that edge"
please be bait op,

retards lack sapience,

try again meatcuck

Meme argument over meme argument. Fake news as well. Vegans have a way lower cancer rate than meatcucks. Vegans are healthier, happier and more intelligent than meatcucks. Now FUCK OFF

>would you accept this justification
See, it doesn't fucking matter. If some animal that's able to eat me wants to eat me, do you think it asks for permission?

also
>you're lying
>you're lying
>muh edgy
Way to show that you literally have no valid arguments.

I would also add the distinction between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Often meatcucks don't understand this distinction and don't realise normative ethics is what is being discussed with veganism.

e.g. people eat dogs for x reason (useless descriptive claim)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normative_ethics

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descriptive_ethics

Vegan revolution when?

Sophistry

>animals don’t matter that much
GET OHT MAH FRED

everyone join the discord

discord

.gg/28P3DE

we'll dominate Veeky Forums

Yes, get out if you don't want to discuss about organism. Why else do we need to tolerate you ignorant meatcuck?

Hi faggots!

keep your religion off of /pol/ you weird cult like cunts

Enjoy your cancer :)

Okay, you seem to have developed eye cancer and therefore are unable to read it correctly.

Fuck off carnist scum

Soon. Our numbers are raising with every single day. More and more people are green pilled

would go vegetarian or vegan if it truly was better for your health
except I don't really believe it is so no point in fucking myself up and having to supplement shit like b12 and protein

Vegan is good and you only need a supplement if you don't eat fortified plant milk, cereal or nooch, but why don't you become at least vegetarian?
>Cons
Not as good for the animals and the environment as full vegan
No bacon and steak, although the alternatives for bacon at least are not half bad
>Pros
Still miles better for the animals and the environment than eating meat
Still get to eat high quality animal sources of protein like whey, eggs and quark
Still get B12 and other stuff you don't want to supplement for from food
Still get to eat delicious fried eggs and pizza
Not socially inconvenient, you won't go crazy reading labels or asking details about a dish in restaurants and the houses of relatives, friends or coworkers. You still get to go out with friends and eat pizza, or eat ice cream with your gf without explaining yourself like an autist

>cult like
>implying changing your mind based on evidence and reason is cultish
>implying listening to society even when what you're doing is obviously retarded and wrong is not cultish
>implying you shouldn't kill yourself and save helpless animals the trouble of slowly killing you from cancer

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/

- Eggs increase cancer risk even when adjusted for intakes of macronutrients or for other food groups

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589

because I love fish and seafood plus chicken is great on getting easy protons at lower calories, something good when trying to shred down.

I don't eat bacon nor other processed meat and red meat is like once a month because I make myself eat it since it's actually healthy, it's also delicious but I do not feel its need.

I do have vegetarian days though, my diet is fully based on vegetables, beans, fruits and nuts followed by eggs, milk, cheese and either fish or chicken
also soy is as bad as the poor cows gasses and mouths

I've been looking into almond milk or even rice but they all have added shit that isn't good for you, like carragen gum or whatever it's called in english, it's bad for the gut

it isn't a matter of taste or giving a fuck about what the others think of what I eat, I don't exist to please anyone
you can find studies on anything you please
want me to link you to one where consuming cereals for breakfast is good to you? kellogsTM

The claim that red meat increases cancer risk has been verified over and over, it's simply undeniable at this point.

But you don't eat much of it anyway.

I think the better question is why wouldn't you be vegan? why bring suffering on animals when you have the choice not to?

>I think the better question is why wouldn't you be vegan? why bring suffering on animals when you have the choice not to?

1.Questionable in regards to being best for the health or not, there's just too many shills and fake info on both sides of the coin.

2. I wouldn't know how to properly do it without fucking up my health aka deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals.

3. Because milk, eggs and products like these don't hurt the animals if they're treated properly.

4. I also need to find a place where it has decent recipes with high protein, seriously, can't find shit and my mind is running out of ideas outside lentils + beans and/or peas not to mention they arent absorbed as well as their meat counterparts and this goes for more than just protein, shit like omega3 too

5. Organic/Biologic products where I live are hard to find but I always buy them when possible, I actually fear that consuming dark leafy greens every day will fuck me up due to uncertainity if they're overdone with pesticides or not

will probably go vegetarian though once I reach my goal of moving to my grandparents farm and grow my animals and own veggies

even the best dairy is unethical. Watch this video of a baby cow being taken away from its mother and tell me you don't see a problem with it

youtu.be/aaqR9V4XkXA

my suggestion would be to try veganism, you really have nothing to lose

Even /b/ has vegan threads now, kek.

there’s a very dedicated shill. serious

Thank you.

Veeky Forums thread

GTFIH vegan brahs

>chicken is great on getting easy protons at lower calories
Quark?

You're going to die within ~80 years like me anyways

8-10 years difference, actually- if you're lucky enough to live until you die from organ failure. 20-30 years if you count heart disease and cancer.

>How long have you been vegan? Well I have been a vegetarian since birth. Both of my amazing parents are converted Hindus, and I was raised with a strong sense of compassion. Growing up, my diet has always been about 95% vegan, with the exception of dairy products.

>with the exception of dairy products.
> only went vegan 2015

hmmmm kinda funny even the vegan meme soy boys are fakes.

I've done a fair bit of studying of the issue in college. Try imagining an entire world of people; including the shite third world countries actually getting balanced nutrition from a vegan diet.
While it is true that the best way for these third world countries to get nutrition is from growing grains, getting past that point is really hard for them if they don't also keep animals for egg and dairy and such.

>Where are the insults

>Meatcuck

Being this autistic

I like baconfag more. Baconfag.

>we'll dominate Veeky Forums

You mean you'll piss on an ocean of piss.

Veganism is such a privileged, first-world disease. You will never convince anyone with your haphazardly written, autistic rhetoric.

I'm going to eat cruelty caged eggs and delicious beef steaks and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

this is not a reason for *you* to not go vegan unless you're living in a third world shithole.

Anti-rape is such a privileged, third world disease. I'm going to rape and kill your mom and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Seitan is a godsend for vegan protein, delicious as fuck too.

I am reading a book on physics by a guy named Brian Greene. He's an actual physicist and a pretty good writer as well. Want to know something else about Brian Greene? He's a vegan. Want to know how I KNOW he's a vegan? Because the fucker brought it up in his book - about physics. Totally out of the blue. What exactly is wrong with you people? Just eat your vegan shit and stfu about it. Nobody thinks you are saving the world. Honestly, I liked Brian Greene right up until then. Now I want to punch him in his pansy-ass mouth.

>totally out of the blue
you're probably just retarded and illiterate. He probably had a good reason for bringing it up. Even if he didn't, he's smarter and a better person than you so you might want to consider listening to him.

Bump

intelligent person goes vegan

exactly what you should be expecting meatcuck

Of course, it seems like a twisted reason not to be but my reason is that until more of the world can, I don't want to try claim moral superiority over them.

Can anyone who doesn't use protein powder post what they eat in a day?

I don't want to use protein powder. Tried it, didn't like the smell, texture, taste, etc. Will never use it again.

I am vegan because I find eating dead animals fucking gross. I also find the idea of eating the secretions of animals to be gross.

I am apathetic to animals otherwise.

>Vegans are healthier, happier and more intelligent than meatcucks
nothing supports this, you fuck off
veganism does not belong on Veeky Forums

why are you so triggered by altruism bro?

P= being human
That's really it.
And the reason humans don't human meat is because it destroys your brain.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

I think these threads would have more success if you didn't antagonize meat eaters. I love discussing plant based nutrition, but every thread devolves into an argument about the same shit every time.

>ethics
>politics
>muh polution

I'll stop eating meat when I see a cow and a lion preaching veganism

>Would you accept this justification if you were in the victim's place?
>You're lying
Is that the best you can do OP? Half of Veeky Forums wants to fucking kill themselves
Most Veeky Forumsizens will chose this options and die happily :(

>some all animals deserve kindness

I eat 100% plant based since a few years back but i could'nt give a fuck less about the animals.
This test should have one or two alternatives for caring about the environment or ones body

Agree 100% but if you don't grow your own grains/fruit/vegetables, please stop pretending that you're vegan. Just say that you follow a plant based diet. Countless animals and insects die as a result of industrial agricultural methods.

Literally I bet all of you look bad

That's because you're a biased idiot.
Veganism means reduction of harm as far as reasonably possible. Most vegans dont do this because it isnt reasonable to expect someone to never eat out or buy food ever again.
Wanting to die doesnt mean you want to be tortured then killed.
>I'll stop raping when I see a lion and a chimp preaching anti rape
To meatcucks, vegans just existing is antagonistic.
>p=being alien. The only reason us aliens dont eat each other is because of a disease we may or may not get from cannibalism.
There are a few types of vegan protein powder. I eat things like tvp, quinoa, rice, soya chunks, oats, and a shutload of veggies personally.
>I dont want to stop cannibalising until third world tribesmen in papa new guinea can. I dont want to claim moral superiority over them!

>you’re a biased idiot
>doesn’t post body

re read premise 2 you dumb cunt

Where do I get my protons if I'm doing vegan keto?

tvp
seitan
or don't do keto because it offers absolutely no weight loss advantage whatsoever, given the same caloric deficit

It makes my frequent water fasting easier, and I like cycling to psmf on and off w/ it

The biggest problem is how you don't digest nutrients from non-animal sources as you would in animal food.

Biggest example is getting omega from plants and also protein which is a big thing for anyone building muscle

isn't really hard to hit your macros & micros as a vegan

bioavailability

also, I'm in need of some nice green smoothies that I can drink daily so I dont have to worry about my micronutrient intake
getting tired of eating a shit load of leafy greens every day for example.

>bioavailability

cmon you cant be that stupid... jesus christ

nice arguments

a protein isn't simply a protein

Vegans are deficit in b12:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987

High fiber diets reduce serum half life of vitamin D3:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329

Vegans have weaker bones due to lower calcium intake and vitamin D3 levels:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700

Vegans have a worse memory compared to non vegans due to creatine deficiency in vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278

Vegans have less gains compared to non vegans:

m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full

Vegans are deficient in omega threes:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085

Vegans are deficit in carnitine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
Vegans are deficient in taurine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491

Vegans are deficient in iodine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354

Vegans are deficient in Coenzyme Q10:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1687395

got a valid source backing up those claims?