/routine thread/

Where the /routine thread/ at?

Post your lifting routine and ask questions you have about exercises and programming.
Some quick info for beginners

>#1: Read the Fucking Sticky

>If you want to gain/lose weight, TRACK YOUR CALORIES
>Unless you're late-Intermediate to Advanced, a tried and tested program made by professionals is always going to be better than something you came up with or read on the internet.
>Greyskull LP is overral the best beginner routine (pic is one good variation)
>SS, Reg Park's, SL or any LP program based on barbell lifts will fine too
Unless you want to get into Powerlifting, then Candito's or P2W programs are the best.
As a beginner you just need to pick a routine and stick to it, dont change stuff up too often.
After 6-ish months (or more if you keep progressing) you oughta switch to an Intermediate routine

>Bodyweight exercises are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta lose some weight. do em
if you can't do pullups, use band-assisted pullups or negatives. they work

>You can gain strenght while losing fat. Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf% and eat enough healthy food and plenty of protons
>track your fucking calories

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme. You need cardiovascular health and aerobic capacity
>do HIIT optimally, low intensity steady state cardio is fine too, HIIT can be tough to recover from.

>You should STRETCH. Make it a habit. Mobility is crucial both for gains and muscle health.
>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes them more prone to injury and hinders your strenght.
>Do Dynamic warmups, warm up ALL joints and antagonistic muscles before a lift

If you're having trouble progressing, your routine is solid, you're resting, eating and sleeping enough, feel free to post a form check.

Is it possible to design a full body routine for someone who can only hit the gym on wednesday and weekends?

I've been doing Greyskull for some time now. Right now I'm 175cm/5'9 and 65kg/143lbs (gained 10kg/22lbs) I bench 70kg/150lbs squat 80kg/175lbs and Deadlift 100kg/225lbs for 5reps. Should I switch to a different routine?

Maybe Fullbody on Wednesday and Upper on Saturday and Lower on Friday. You can't do Fullbody on Saturday and Sunday

I meant Sunday instead of Friday obviously

6-Day Texas Method Variant (not natty)

Monday: Heavy Chest; Back
5x5 Bench Press, 90% 5RM
5x5 Incline Bench, 90% 5RM
3x10 Weighted Pullups
3x5 Supinated Barbell Row
3x10 Facepull

Tuesday: Heavy Shoulders, Arms
5x5 Standing Military Press, 90% 5RM
3x10 Cable Lateral Raise
3x10 Lying Tricep Extensions
3x10 Seated Military Press (new, adding these to break OHP plateau)

Wednesday: Heavy Legs
5x5 Low-Bar Squat, 90% 5RM
3x10 Front Squat
3x10 Stiff Leg Deadlift

Thursday: OFF; Cardio
Any Light Cardio

Friday: PR Chest, Back
1x5 Bench Press, 5RM + 5lbs
1x5 Incline Bench, 5RM + 5lbs
1x5 Deadlift, 5RM + 5lbs
3x10 Weighted Pullups
3x10 Supinated Barbell Row
3x10 Facepulls

Saturday: PR Shoulders; Arms
1x5 Standing Military Press, 5RM + 5lbs
3x10 Cable Lateral Raise
3x10 Weighted Tricep Dips
3x10 Seated Military Press

Sunday: PR Legs
3x5 Low-Bar Squat, 5RM + 5lbs
3x10 Front Squat
3x10 Stiff Leg Deadlift

no

Mon: Lower
Squat: 3-4X6-8/3' (3-4 sets of 6-8 with a 3' rest)
SLDL or leg curl: 3-4X6-8/3'
Leg press: 2-3X10-12/2'
Another leg curl: 2-3X10-12/2'
Calf raise: 3-4X6-8/3'
Seated calf: 2-3X10-12/2'
Tue: Upper
Flat bench: 3-4X6-8/3'
Row: 3-4X6-8/3'
Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12/2'
Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12/2'
Triceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5'
Biceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5'
For the thu/Fri workouts either rpeat the first two or make some slight exercise substitutions. Can
do deadlift/leg press combo on Thu, switch incline/pulldown to first exercises on upper body
day. A lot depends on volume tolerance, if the above is too much, go to 2-3X6-8 and 1-2X10-12

Is this enough for aesthetics?

This is literally Lyle's Bulking routine that is aiming for Hypertrophy, so yes

Made my own thread about this but it seems more fitting here

Just finish 4 months of SS and going to do this new program with greater volume inspired by the Texas Method since original TM has almost no volume. What do you guys think?

Monday
Squat 3x3, 3x5
Bench Press 3x3, 3x5
Deadlift 3x3
Barbell Curls 3x10

Wednesday
Overhead Press 3x3, 3x5
3-1-3 Tempo Squat at 85% 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x5
Weighted Chinups 3x5
Barbell Curls 3x10

Friday (increase weight day)
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Curls 3x10

Saturday-GPP
Pullups & pushups for 7 minutes, ab work for 7 minutes, conditioning for 20 minutes

When should I switch to a different routine?

Greyskull LP is a beginner program, so whenever you run out of noob gains. Personally I would say Starting Strength LP is a better beginner program, but if it's working for you just keep going

Zis is mei rutin bojs

Yeah I am able to make progress, but not as intended. For example if I benched 70kg 5 times for 4 sets the last workout I'll go for 6times for 4 sets before I increase the weight, or I add another set. Is this ok? I know you're supposed to increase the weight every workout but it simply doesn't work.

If you're still increasing the weight then I wouldn't worry about switching yet. Your lifts are still pretty low but if you feel like switching, you can do. Whatever's fun.

>For example if I benched 70kg 5 times for 4 sets the last workout
do the program
if you stall, deload.
after you deload a couple times get back at us
you should be progressing for a bit more

Ok thanks for the advice. What would you suggest in terms of accesories? I'm currently doing Lat Pulldowns, Dips, Calves at the end of each workout and 1 biceps and 1 triceps exercise.

Cardio after my workout or should I save those for rest days?

The problem is you're supposed to increase the Upper body lifts by 2.5lbs but my gym doesn't have 1.25lb plates. So I'm increasing the amount of reps and amount of sets before I increase the weight.

Don't listen to A novice (which you are) does NOT NEED TO DELOAD, the stress/recovery/adaptation process is still relatively new to their bodies. it will only set you back a week. Just stick with the weight you're at now until you can increase it or get microplates. Either you didn't do the program, or your nutrition is off, otherwise you wouldn't be stuck this early

3x/week alternating between A/B

Workout A: Squats, 3 sets, 5 reps.
Bench, 3 sets, 5 reps
Weighted chin-up, 3 sets, 5 reps
Exercise of your choice

Workout B: Squats, 3 sets, 5 reps
OHP, 3 sets, 5 reps
Deadlift, 1 set, 5 reps.
Weighted Chin-up 3 sets 5 reps
Exercise of your choice

I'd probably do chins every workout but just do less on the days where you meant to be doing rows. What kind of volume are you doing for accessories that you're doing at the moment? Could be why you're finding it more difficult to increase the weight.

dont train calves, it's a waste of time for you
are you already doing chinups/pullups?
if not do those
dont add too many accessories: it should be
>main press
>squat/DL
>main pull
and then, at most
>push accessory
>pull accessory
for accessories, try to keep it compound-y, so either main lift variations (close grip BP, deficit DL, paused squats) or things like dips and pullups

if you cant get microplates and cant progress by 5lbs, then sure split it in two and increase volume
add sets not reps
on deloads you might wanna do more than 2x5, 1x5+...like 3x5, 2x5+ or something like that, depending on the %, with volume going down as you near your old "max weight

not true.
especially for a novice, deloading after having stalled a couple workouts can be beneficial, because it gives you the opportunity to put in volume, thanks to the amraps, grease the groove and work out form.
just keeping on headbutting the wall and failing reps at one weight is disheartening and hardly useful

Look, I'll make it simple for you. If you are training for STRENGTH and not bodybuilding, forget the some of the accessory lifts and just increase the volume of your main lifts. Accessory and ancillary lifts are for added volume when you absolutely cannot do more of a main lift (a problem that intermediates and advanced lifters will encounter) or for aesthetic purposes. Simplify your program and focus on the main barbell lifts. Once you are no longer a novice, THEN you'll need to have a more complex program

Those are good. Don't add anything more. You can remove lat pulldowns when you're doing weighted chins/pullups.

If you are stalling at all on a novice program, then you are by definition not a novice. Or you're doing it wrong which I suspect this other user might be doing

>are you already doing chinups/pullups?
I'll add pullups
>don't train calves
Why? I have literally stick calves and don't want to be that dude that looks like he skips legday.
Maybe a dumb question, but why wouldn't I add that much accessories? Some curls and triceps pushdowns aren't exhausting and will help to grow my arms

I don't care about strength, I only care about aesthetics. But I know you need to get stronger to gain muscles, so I chose to do Glp since it's Stregth+Hypertrophy

No your formatting is very unaesthetic

it being from lyle doesnt automatically make it good. seems to have a lot less volume for the arms and delts compared to PHAT or PPL

beautiful, stealing

That doesn't make sense. Then you do care about getting stronger and bigger.

I don't care about how much I bench, but I also know tha no one got big benching 1 plate

Well you should because strength is the biggest factor when it comes to gaining muscle.

As I said, I know. But I don't want to do a strength focused routine

8 hour arm workout every hour
x3 on lift days

Can someone r8 the new chest routine I'm trying, want to put on some size in that area because it's the least developed aesthetically.

Why? I have literally stick calves and don't want to be that dude that looks like he skips legday.
squats and deadlifts will give you big legs, and grow your calves if you have the genetics for it.
dont be that guy that calf raises all day erryday and doesnt even squat 2pl8

>Maybe a dumb question, but why wouldn't I add that much accessories?
it's dumb, dont worry.
your overral work capacity is somewhat of a finite quantity. if you have extra gas in the tank you're better off doing more volume on your main lifts (which will help you avoid stalls), instead of tiring yourself with accessories that ultimately wont grow your arms.
tricep pushdowns and curls wont grow your arms as a novice, do 50lbs weighted pullups and have a 2pl bench or do a hefty weighted dips, then you'll see what arms you got.
you cant rush it unfortunately, just focus on getting stronger, it's the simplest and quickest way

enjoy having working shoulders while they last

Naturally enhanced is fullbody 2 days per week

No, you only stop doing greyskull when you stop progressing

Thanks for the advice again, really appreciate it

Based on a routine posted yesterday, any tips are welcome. Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri split, squat, deadlift and bench twice a week.

Lower day A:
Heavy squat: 5 x 3-5
Volume deadlift: 4 x 8-10
Squat accessory: 3 x 8-12 leg press
Deadlift accessory: Hamstring curls 3 x 8-12
Calves
Tricep

Upper day A:
Heavy bench: 5 x 3-5
Volume military press: 4 x 8-10
Incline bench: 3 x 8-12.
Front raises: 3 x 8-12
Heavy rows: 5 x 3-5
Rack pulls: 5 x 3-5
Bicep

Lower day B:
Heavy Deadlift: 5 x 3-5
Volume squats: 4 x 8-10
Deadlift accessory: Romanian deadlift dumbells 3 x 8-12
Squat accessory: Lunges 3 x 8-12
Hamstring curls: 3 x 8-12
Tricep

Upper day B:
Heavy military press: 5 x 3-5
Volume bench: 4 x 8-10
Pec flys: 3 x 8-12
Lateral raises: 3 x 8-12
Volume rows: 4 x 8-10
Pull ups: 5 x max
Bicep

why are you doing tricep work on lower body day? You'll just exhaust it. The triceps are heavily involved in all upper body pressing movements. So if you do tricep isolations the day before you press heavy, you aren't giving enough time for recovery. Do the arm work on upper day, dont be impatient

The original routine didn't mention bicep and tricep, I only added that because I don't want a thicc body with skinny arms

Added tricep volume may be unecessary if you're pressing 4 times a week for volume and weight. Do your bicep work (chinups and barbell curls are the only bicep lifts worth doing imo) and if you reeeaally need that extra volume on tris, do lying tricep extentions. However looking at your pressing routine, I don't think small tris are going to be a strength or aesthetic issue for you

Other than that it looks fine. Good luck on it

Could I do chinups and barbell curls on lower body day? Or would you recommend keeping it on upper body day? Thanks for your patience by the way, first time I'll be getting into a "real" strength routine.

Oh, well if this is your first time doing strength training, DO NOT DO THIS PROGRAM lmao.
I reccomend doing the Starting Strength Linear Progression as described in the starting strength book. Read the book too, that's very important.
It gets memed on a lot here, but it does work for the untrained novice. You WON'T look like a t-rex, speaking from personal experience. You also DON'T have to do gomad unless you are a literal skeleton.
Do chinups starting at week 3 or 4 for arm gains. Maybe even throw in some curls at the end of your training sessions if you want to
But above all, FOLLOW THE PROGRAM and take advantage of your noob gains. You are too inexperienced to start programming for yourself

novice here, after doing bp 3x5, 1x5+, incline db shoulder press and chinups as part of my full workout, my triceps feel more jacked than my tricep pushdowns ever made them. May just cut pushdowns out of my routine.

Which variation of gslp is best phrak's or fit's? Any other variant?

There really isn't much difference. Fit's is just phrak's with a little extra arm and chest work. Either is fine.

What calisthenics exercise works best for targeting the chest?

I've been training mostly with bodyweight, weighted vests and dumbbells.
For my chest, my main exercise were weighted push-ups with feets elevated but now I think I have reached a point where this won't bring me any further.
I don't get any DOMS at my chest any more and if anything only on my triceps.
I can't widen my stance anymore because the vest would touch the ground way to early.

Is there another exercise I can do for my chest or do I have to load a shitload of weights into a bagpack like a retard?

Bench and OHP are stalling on a LP program but i'mstill adding 5kg a week to deadlift and squat.
What do brehs?
Starts are for 3x6 and in kgs :

- ohp 45
-bench 72.5
- squat 95
- dead 135

Monday
Bench 5x5
OHP 3x5
weighted chin-ups 3x8

Tuesday
Squat 5x5
Snatch grip deadlifts 3x5 (going to a 5x3 power cleans here soon)
back extensions 5x10

Thursday
bench 5RM
OHP 3x3
weighted pull-ups 3x8

Friday
Squat 5RM
Deadlifts 5RM
Core
Curls 2x10
Skullcrushers 2x10

a upper lower version of TM I found online. Any suggestions on how to make it better? Or is there a different U/L strength routine I should look into.

Been doing this for about a month.

eat more, be patient, or take steroids and eat more

Rippletits says you can do SS on consecutive days if you're mostly sedentary aside from gym

PPL 6 days a week. When I say something like 5-8 reps, once I hit 8 reps I go up in weight the next workout.

Push:
3x5-8 Overhead press
3x3-5 Bench Press
3x10 Cable Cross
3x10 Tricep Pushfown
3x10 Overhead Triceps Push
3x10 Side Lateral Raise
3x10 Front Raise

Pull
3x5 Deadlift
5x5 Weighted Pull Ups
3x10 Dumbell Curls
3x10 Face Pulls
3x12 Straight Bar Curls
3x10 Back Extension
3x5 Bodyweight Chin Ups
3x10 Shrugs
3 30 second dead hangs

Legs
3x5-8 Front Squat
3x10 Lunge
4x10 Calf Raise
3x1:00 Plank
3x10 Hanging Leg Raise
3x10 Sit Up

How can I make it better

I'd maybe swap out front raises for more rear delt work and add hamstring curls to your leg days.

I have very similar lifts and am doing greyskull. I'm gonna keep going until 1/2/3/4 or until I am sure I've been stalling for a while. Switching from phraks to pic related because it looks more fun

Chest/Triceps
Flat Bench: 1x8 (warmup), 5x5, 1x3
Incline Bench: 5x5
Dips 3-4xFailure (~15)
Chest Flyes: 3x8
Dumbbell Tricep Pullover/Press: 3x8

Back/Biceps
Barbell Shrugs 3x12
Wide grip pull ups 3xFailure (~8)
Deadlift 1x8(warmup), 5x5, 1x3
Seated Rows 3x8
Bicep Curls 3x8

Legs
Cardio 15 min (treadmill)
Squats 1x8(warmup), 5x5, 1x3
Calf raises 4x12
Cardio 15 mins (bike)

Shoulders/Abs
Cardio 15 min (treadmill)
OHP 1x8 (warmup), 5x5
Dumbbell front raises 3x8
Dumbbell Side raises 3x8
Bus drivers 3xFailure
Ab circuit (~10 mins)

ABxCD

Stats:
203lbs
6'4"
Bench 1rm: 285 lbs
Squat 1rm: 275 lbs
Deadlift 1rm: 375 lbs
OHP 1rm: 175 lbs

Usually get to the gym about 4-5 times each week. Lifts shot up last year during bulk (put on ~25 lbs) but currently plateauing on all of the big 4, despite eating big. Please critique because all my info for lifting has come from Veeky Forums, need some input on my routine

I like GSLP but the progression is so god damn slow. 2.5lbs a session for upper body lifts? 5 lbs. PER WEEK to deadlift?

My #s right now are (lbs.):

6' 159lbs bw
Squat 185 3x5
Bench 140 3x5
DL 205 1x5
OHP 90 3x5

Should I just do SS until I can't progress at 5lbs. per session anymore and switch to GSLP so I add 2.5lbs. per session? Has anyone done this?

don't do either go bulgarian so you can finally get past 2 plates for reps for ur bench

seriously just squat everyday and alternate your 2nd movement between deadlift and a press and you'll see your numbers go up (AS LONG AS U EAT AND SLEEP)

interesting

where can i learn more about this?

It seems kind of slow in the short term but if you actually do the math it's insane how quick you progress over a period of say 6 months.

I missed a fuckload of sessions because of school and I went from a 195 squat for 3x5to 315 for 3x5 in 6 months, I honestly probably could have kept going even longer but by that point I was getting bored.

Yeah but you could hit those numbers in like 2-3 months of SS... how were your aesthetics gains?

The increase rate also gets jacked up if you're dominating the AMRAPs.

And realistically, if you can't reliably hit high reps on those you aren't going to be maintaining the bigger jumps anyway.

My buddy has started going to the gym with me. In Highschool he was apparently a shredded beast, and his "routine" is lift hard every other day until it hurts and then keep lifting. Also eat a fuck ton of Kraft Dinner.

He has made so much progress so fast I'm beginning to think you guys are all retards.

>You WON'T look like a t-rex
What do you stand to gain from telling blatant lies on the internet?

MONDAY – PULL A:
2x5 Deadlift
3x8-12 Pullups/Chinups
3x12 Seated Cable Rows OR Chest Supported Rows
3x12 Straight Arm Pulldown
3x12 Curl Variation
3xAMRAP Leg Raises
TUESDAY – PUSH A:
3x5 Barbell Bench Press
3x12 Dumbbell OHP
3x12 Incline Dumbbell Press
3x12 Triceps Pushdown
3x12 Lateral Raises
3xAMRAP Weighted Crunches
WEDNESDAY – LEGS:
3x5 Squat
3x8 Leg Curls
3x8 Leg Extension
3x8 Calf Raises
3x1min Planks
THURSDAY – PULL B:
2x5 Barbell Rows
3x8-12 Pullups/Chinups
3x12 Seated Cable Rows OR Chest Supported Rows
3x12 Straight Arm Pulldown
3x12 Curl Variation
3xAMRAP Leg Raises
FRIDAY – PUSH B:
3x5 Barbell OHP
3x12 Dumbbell Flyes
3x12 Incline Dumbbell Press
3x12 Triceps Pushdown
3x12 Lateral Raises
3xAMRAP Weighted Crunches
Saturday – LEGS:
3x5 Squat
3x8 Leg Curls
3x8 Leg Extension
3x8 Calf Raises
3x1min Planks

Critique please? It's my first ever real bulk. Basically changed 1 or 2 exercises from a ppl routine I found on >reddit.
Currently Bulking + off work for 3 weeks, so enough rest and I'm pretty autistic with my diet.
180lbs/82kg 6'1/186cm around 12%bf (measured with a clipper and heard they are hella' inconsistent).

Day 1
Chest Arms Abs

Machine chest press
Machine pec fly
Incline dumbbell press
Decline smith machine benchpress

Alternating dumbbell curls
concentration curls
hammer curls
cable curls

crunches
15 mins cardio

Day 2
Shoulders Triceps Abs

Shoulder press machine
dumbbell lateral / front raises (alternating)
dumbbell shoulder press
machine shoulder shrugs

cable tricep pushdown
cable tricep rope extension
One arm cable tricep extension
Dips

crunches
15 mins cardio

Day 3
Back Legs Abs

Pull ups
Machine rows
cable machine rows
Seated cable Lat pull down

Seated leg extension
seated hamstring curl machine
Seated calf raises
squats

crunches
15 mins cardio

great gains and feels amazing

How has been your strength progression?

A:
Chest Press
Cable Flyes
Rope Pulldowns
Overhead Press
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Seated Leg Curl

B:
Seated Rows
Lateral Pulldowns
Hammercurl
Barbellcurl
Back Extensions
Calf Raises

I do ABxxABx

>Paying $50 for a program

NE is literally exercise rotation, specially with back and neck exclusive exercises with the same progressive overload as any other Full body programs.

>Maxing out every new exercise rotation

>$50 Program

I'm trying to run an Arnold split. I've found it difficult to find good recommendations on exercise selection, though, so I'ma post that here for feedback.

The routine is ABCx rotating. A is Chest/Back. B is Legs. C is Arms/Shoulders.

A
>Barbell Bench Press
>Barbell Row Variation
>Dumbbell Pullover
>T-bar Row
>Rack Pulls

B
>Barbell Squat
>Barbell Romanian Deadlift
>Barbell Hip Thrust
>Stomach Vacuums
>Exercise Ball Crunch

C
>Barbell Overhead Press
>Chin-Ups
>Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press
>Curl Variations
>Dumbbell Lateral Raise
>Face Pulls
>Neck movements

Is candito LP program really good?
Apparently it sucks for bench and OHP is nonexistant.

ive been out of lifting more or less for 4 months now, with a brief 2 week run 3 2 months ago and a 3 week run about 5 weeks ago. before i stopped I was at 130/205x2/365x2/395 for press/bench/squat/diddly
I want to run something like SS to get as much strength back before I go into something like TM again, so I was thinking something like this:
Workout A
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Dips 5x10
Pull ups 5xAMRAP
Krok rows 3x20
DB incline bench 3x10
DB front/lateral raises 3x10
Curls of some kind 3x12

Workout B
Squat 5x5
Press 5x5
Dips 5x5
Pull ups 5x5
BB row 3x10
Landmine press 3x10
Curls of some kind 3x12
Shrugs 3x15

Is this good for a temporary program? I'm really looking to get back as much of my strength as possible then I'll transition back to one of the intermediate programs I've done before. Last I measured strength was last I was lifting, i was managing around 100/165/265/315 all 3x5

how's this for a overall well developed body? Aiming for that Herculean physique but right now I'm a swole David

reason leg has such few exercises is due to my leg genetics, they were always bigger than average and are really easy to pack on muscle

Day 1 Lower (Monday)
Squats 3x3-5
Deadlift 3x3-5
Standing Calf 4x6-8
Hanging Leg-Raises 3x8-12
Cable Choppers 3x8-12

Day 2 Upper (Tuesday)
Bench Press 3x3-5
Weighted Pull-Up 3x6-8
Barbell Row 4x4-6
Seated Shoulder DBB Press 4x6-8
Dumbbell Triceps Extension 3x8-12
Hammer Curls 3x8-12

Day 3 (Wednesday)
Rest 1x24

Day 4 Lower (Thursday)
Single Leg Press 3x6-8
BB Hip Thrusts 3x6-8
RDL 3x8-12
Seated Calf 4x12-15
Hanging Leg-Raises 3x8-12
Cable Choppers 3x8-12

Day 5 Push (Friday)
Overhead Press 3x3-5
Incline DBB Bench Press 4x6-8
Weighted Dips 3x6-8
Lateral Raises 4x8-12
Triceps Pushdown 2x12-15
Cable Chest Flys 3x12-15

Day 6 Pull (Saturday)
Seated Cable Row 3x6-8
Weighted Pull-Up 3x6-8
Weighted Back Extensions 3x8-12
Standing EZ Curl 2x12-15
Face Pulls 2x12-15
Snatch Grip Power Shrugs 4x?

Day 7 (Sunday)
Rest 1x24

Isn't this just SS but with less lifts?

current body flexing, been on the routine for almost 2months

Can anyone explain to me how PPL works?
If you do push and pull exercises back to back isn't that bad for muscle development?
You need a rest day, right?

The AMRAP sets will help autoregulate progress to some degree and jump you forward faster.

As for aesthetics I got wayyyyy fuckin bigger, I could finally see my pecs, my arms got over 15", I could do a proper lat flare and my legs grew too obviously but I was never t-rex mode. That being said I might also be a slightly exceptional case because I went from 175 to 205 (6'5 so I basically filled out my frame) while running GSLP.

Got pics? That's a lot of aesthetics for 6 months of a beginner lp

Bump

I never really bothered taking pics, I just kind of noticed myself progressing as I went along. I had done PPL and random bullshit before doing GSLP so I already had some size on me, just not that much (like I said I was only 175 at 6'5)

I basically dreamer bulked minus the fast food and it was in school and missed quite a dew sessions so my lifts progressed a little slower than they were supposed to but you're going to have a pretty noticeable size difference if you gain 30lbs and at like 50-150lbs to all of your lifts.

/plg/ pls go

how long have you been lifting for? You're strong af on bench and ohp for your weight/height ratio

ever heard of muscle memory?

Is pic related okay for total begginer? I am following this for two weeks, 5 sets 4 times a week.

You think that punching the air 40 times is going to build muscle?

Lifting for ~9 months, started at ~155x5 bench

any good routine only with dumbbells and resistence bands?
Help me user.

I'm currently doing the Brontoswolus variant of the Greyskull LP. As someone who has only been lifting for about 9 months it's kicking my ass. The only thing is that I'm not seeing the growth in my arms that I would like. I swapped out curls for concentration curls but other than that I haven't changed it up. Any reccomendations?

*recommendations my bad

You think a natty could do this?

>by the way, first time I'll be getting into a "real" strength routine.
Bro, there is a big fucking chance that you can not handle that routine. If you never done strength training before then your lifts are probably really low. And if your lifts are in the novice phase then this routine is not for you. You should have done a strength routine before starting this.

>Heavy Deadlift: 5 x 3-5
Weekly? A chance that is to much.

When it says 3x10 on dumbbell curls does that mean 10 on each arm or in total?

When it says 3x10 on squats does it mean on each leg or in total?

I don't have access to a gym right now but have a set of dumbbells and a dip bar, is there a good "budget" weight routine or something like that I can look at? Tired of banging my head against the wall with cardio, lost a lot of weight on it but feel like I'm beating my head against a wall now.