Bad genetics: fucked up bowel edition

ITT: We discuss medical conditions that make it harder to achieve Veeky Forums goals, how to deal with it and potentially resolve them.

23 YO male here, I've got Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) since about a year.

It fucks up your digestion pattern and makes you alternate from constipation to diarrhea. These days I must take a shit several times per day and almost never enjoy a full release of fecal matter. Then when I'll be outside I'll have some crippling pain starting in lower belly followed by an imperious need to find a shitter immediately. Stress is the worst possible add-on which pairs extremely badly with beginning a corporate career.
It is worsened by about everything you might eat in a Veeky Forums diet such as:

-Too high insoluble fiber
-Whole grains
-Unusually big meals (bulking was literally hell for me)
-Hard to digest supplements (protein powder)

All of these wreck any digestive regularity, which makes it impossible for me to assimilate any nutrient properly. Last year I bulked hard for six months with 5 gym trainings per week and only gained 3kg in six months while having Earth-shattering diarrhea twice per day.

Type of physical exercice that works well:

-Long distance cardio
-Lower abs training
-Anything that trains belly muscle really
-Big compound exercices are definitely goat-tier practices

What I'm looking into:
-Probiotics: Not exactly convinced by results
-Alcohol: Bad in theory but produces a soothing and relaxing effect. I'm always in pain on my way to parties but as soon as I've had one drink bowel goes really chill
-Natural remedies: looking into peppermint and psyllium/ispaghul essential oil, seems to have big potential
-Light laxatives: seem to have caused relative improvement

Feel free to chip in and discuss, I remain confident that we'll still make it even to path to victory must be littered in liquid fetid shit.

Maybe try Ginger Beer, I've heard it soothes the stomach.

I have ibs too user and you are right to say getting macros is much harder. The only way to sort this is to do an exclusion diet, then introduce foods to see if you get a reaction. This is because ibs has a big variance between individuals so you have to see what you can eat.

I can't eat eggs, peanuts, beans or protein powder. But I can eat regular dairy. Most of my protein comes from meat and fish. Fish is a very good lean protein source, make sure you go for smaller fish like sardines to avoid mercury issues.

Struggled with some similar symptoms before I was diagnosed with Celiac disease and got it under control. Found Ginger Beer definitely helped, resorted to smoking pot a few times, which definitely helped but that's not really a sustainable solution.

Friend has IBS and from what I gather, getting control of your diet and eliminating your trigger foods will substantially improve your quality of life - just a lot of trial and error.

Try having arthritis at 22. Been following SS and SL over the past 2 years and fucked my shit up really bad. The only thing i can basically do are meme exercises and calisthenics.

Interesting
I would believe otherwise since I've read that carbonated beverages are to be avoided at all cost (especially beer, which sucks since I live in Germany). But I'll have a look into Ginger Beer

I get IBS when I'm stressing and things aren't going very well. Since I post on Veeky Forums, this is very often. When things are going well, I poop well. I found out a while back there's actual neural receptors in your gut, that's when it started making sense because before that I tried everything food/supplement-wise.

Yeah I hear you right

I'm pretty fucking stressed all the time due to work, care to share how you handled that?

Apple Cider Vinegar faggot, do it seriously

One tablespoon in a glass of water 10 minutes before everything you eat

Ibs can be caused by your stomach not producing enough acid/the correct acid to break down certain protein particles

What this undigested protein will do is travel down into the intestines and encourage the production of one of your gut flora (I forget which)

This will in turn lead to your body having a natural reaction when it detects an invasion; exorcism (thus, your ibs)

I have been dealing with ibs for 5 years now, I have gone from shitting my intestines out over a tiny piece of lettuce to being able to eat as much fiber, meat and fat as I want again in as little as a month of using this stuff..and if nothing else and it's not doing anything on a biological level, then the placebo effect of it certainly is

Dope, I'll keep that in mind

I have not been diagnosed but this sounds all too familiair. What I do is just keep Imodium on hand at all times. Don't use it too often though cause your body will get used to it and require a higher dosage.

> asthma
> minor pectus

I do massive shits.
They feel fine at the time but a couple hours later I feel weak.

If effects my workout.
Anyone else got this?

Legitimately have hair ON my Dick, other than that im good, Will probably bald but whatever

food intolerances
>fructan
>oligos
>any sugar ending in -ol
>fructose
basically blocks all foods out of my life and I have to follow a low fodmap diet

What a "shitty" disorder OP hahahaha

Doesn't look that big on your picture but if you're feeling the effects to a point where you actually take a picture of your baby I think seeing a doctor might be appropriate

I can't work the shoulders too much at all, both shoulder joints just hurt too much to do any sort of flys. Any decent workouts to help a shoulderlet?

Done that.
Drs are not particularly interested.
I'd guess they can range from 12 -15 inches and can be as thick as a toilet role tube.

That's baby-tier, i have crohns which doesn't go into remission. When i first developed it i lost 20kg of lean muscle, developed a left handed tremor and then was put on drugs which actively break down muscle and reduce bone density.

The drugs also lower your testosterone. So now i am in a permanently catabolic state, exhausted most of the time, absorb almost no food due to my entire small intestine being inflamed, have frequent hospital trips due to scarring and obstructions and am bloated most of the time - yet still i've clumb back up to 90kg from 68kg in a year and a half.

That's just listing the symptoms that strictly interfere with lifting, there are lots of others.

Oh dear my files deleated.
Guess I must have broke a rule

wide hips

Boi

If legit, congrats for real
How did you make the 68 to 90 work exactly?

Soyboy genetics without the matching diet or lifestyle.

bone spurs in left ankle that make any leg exercise fundamentally fucked up. squatting, biking, everything except lunges hits my hams and quads different because my ankle can't flex.

open to any ideas

Another thing you could try is eating some pineapple before each meal. It contains bromelain which could help a lot with digestion and inflammation down there. Pretty sure you can also get bromelain in the form of a supplement too

Legit. It was hard work and i've done myself in doing it - my right shoulder is a bit fucked now from both the period before diagnosis when i kept working out not sure why i was getting weaker and weaker and then the period after pushing myself when i wasn't always getting the food in. It's been a case of just stuffing my face and accepting constant set backs. I think it was partially easier because i had been in shape at ~90kg for several years beforehand so my body was used to it.

What worries me more is the potential nerve issues gained from the starvation, my hand tremor worries me a lot and i swear i've never quite been as sharp mentally since. I have eye inflammation as a symptom which makes my vision blurry and filled with floaters when acting up which i hope never causes actual damage and i also have a sensitive bladder now, which turned up when i pissed myself at work in front of a higher up - i needed the toilet but thought as per normal i could wait an hour or so - then within a minute i was going. It's all a mess but you have to accept it and move on. Im married which has made it all totally fine, my worry with it all isn't about the impact it has on my life but that i'm healthy and strong for my wife. I hope there is some better medication before long.

Are you me?

I also think I have some kind of fucked up bowel syndrome or some shit. When I'm bulking I sometimes have to CONSTANTLY fart and they smell really really bad. I have to hold in farts around people and it's extremely uncomfortable. I usually shit around 2 or 3 times a day. They're kind of light brown, almost yellow sometimes and I need to wipe about ten times. This only happens when I eat over a certain amount of calories. When I eat normally everything is mostly fine. Just makes me wonder how fat people manage to eat so much without stinking the place up constantly.

Yep that's how it started for me, same description

I'm 185cm and I've always been rather skinny (70kg), essentially it boils down to some people having an easier time to bulk than others.

Heh, at least I'll never get fat

Are you op? Have you tried taking probiotics? I take 2 of pic related every day and it helps a lot. I also eat 500g of yogurt everyda. I'm also increasing my fiber intake and seeing how I respond to that too. The probiotics made the most difference so far. It made bulking go from "unbearable" to "possible, but difficult".

I am.

I haven't seriously taken probiotics in a while. That's another issue (but one I can fix) is that I don't have the patience to try out each method individually so I shift many parameters at once, which can deliver results but not information on what exactly works and what doesn't