youtu.be/_ZWI1qXz8wQ

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Ba4JLxBFmEB/
youtu.be/zVrqVARVcLE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting for discussion.

>might actually get to train today

Biceps and legs, here I come.

Aside from the 14-hour days, Toronto is pretty nice. Worth a visit for sure. Hopefully I can find a gym that doesn't fear chalk. I want to do some dimel deadlifts.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

asking again here, which intermediate 3 day per week program should i run?

Any of you guys done cowboy method? How do you find it compares to traditional TM or alternatives?

Literally c6w lower + 3x int med bench as a full body program

something something high volume

on paper it looks good but wouldnt do if I was below late intermediate

What is the secret to squats? The movement doesn't fucking work for me. Deadlifts and Bench are both great. Squats I can't fucking solve. What is the secret

>>WAWTT
deadlifts and weighted pulls
>>WAWET
oats with peanut butter
>>WAWLTT
some thrash metal
>>WAWFT
wut does this mean again

Trying hard, and having big glutes, big quads, and a strong core

Didn't do Cowboy method but I did 4 day TM and if you don't have a 50+ hr job I would recommend it.
BW 74kg- 83 12 months
Skwaat 110- 190
DL 130-190 (had to reset twice due to shit form, thanks fat retard for fixing it this year)
Binch 80x3 tng- 130 paused
ohp for the rippletit fans 50-81

I was in the same boat for a long time, when I finally did high bar paused squats with hip hinge and it finally felt great. The key here was the pause for me, its teachnig me how to explode up and not bounce up with shitty form

my point is basicly experiment with different styles until you get something that feels comfy

I have a lot of issues with squats if I don't take regular walks. My hips and ankles just won't fucking work if I'm sitting too much. I can get away with bench and deadlift, though.

How's your mobility?

"what are we feeling today"

What squat routine alternatives are there then? I should mention that I don’t care about my pulls too much so I can devote effort to squatting.

Honestly doesn’t seem like a whole lot of volume in TM

Why wouldn’t you do it below late int?

Week 7 on Hepburn I was running short on time today so I did bench as a 10rm holy shit this program is magic before I could barely do 100kg for 10rm now I did 110kg for 10rm and I probably had more in the tank but I just stopped.

How is your hepburn going?

Pause squat and bench mostly
Lasagna
Random shit as always
Great

Took a deload week to shed some fatigue, hopefully everything will go well today

>tfw 59yr old dad outdiddlies you by half a pl8 in your own homegym (and busts your balls all day for it) despite lifting only once or twice a week and sometimes even skipping it
manual labor confirmed for cheating

What's the best way to improve my thoracic mobility for benching?

Not sure how to gauge mobility. Alright I guess? Always been quite flexible.

With hip hinge? Any other trick to this than to focus on hinging the descent? And how do I practically program stuff like this? Can I do light squat variations as assistance after my main work?

How do I into strong core

I feel like Jim Wendler is on to something that's why I implemented it in my programming and planning to do a deload after every cycle.

You will feel stronger trust me man.

>With hip hinge? Any other trick to this than to focus on hinging the descent? And how do I practically program stuff like this? Can I do light squat variations as assistance after my main work?
how I squat now is basicly how clarence squats, yeah I guess I have the exact same build as him

man I just kept trying hard I was practicing squat form 90% of the time and eventually I got it. You gotta try hard and try everything until you find it

How much are you both lifting?

Strength improves with age and regular use extremely well, assuming diet and high test.

>do high volume program
>wew its magic
no shit

if you can correctly modify TM to your body it can be a great intermediate program

also cowboy progresses too slow

I always forget I'm posting on Veeky Forums with people on the spectrum.

shut up normie dont make throw a 45 at you

What do you mean by modify TM?
Everytime I’ve asked about bench and squat on 4 day TM I’ve just got responses that tell me it’s shit and to not bother.

training
Squats I guess
Feeling
Fucking kill me already

See He means modify it as in you play around with reps, sets, and accessories etc... e.g my last 3-4 months I was doing 4x4 on bench volume and 3x5 on squats as fatigue was getting too hard to recover from.

165 (me) and 175ish (him) kg. so its not like he pulled 6pl8 for reps lmao. but still :(

oh of course, he has always been a big guy (4 me) and used to compete in oly when he was younger and a couple other factors. but ffs, cheekily picking up 2xbw at that age with a smirk on his face is still surreal as fuck

Well technically that's quarter of a pl8 more than you but still noice lifts for 59 year old I wish i'm healthy and strong enough at that age.

oops, correct, well the shame is the same. oh well. too bad my old dude cant squat anymore because of medical reasons or I would go quadzilla on his sorry ass, kek

Get a strong back

Nostalgia haunts me everyday

My back is pretty much my crutch for all lifts. I do not believe it is the problem.

>WAWTT
10x4 timed rest squats
10x4 timed rest feet up bench or maybe spoto
4x8 lunges
Maybe leg press or something
Pullups/ rev ring flies
>WAWET
Turkey bacon and PB&J
>WAWLTT
Probably some shit rap I never bother to look up new music
>WAWFT
Anxiety :)

Why has my house stopped feeling like a home?

Front squatted and oHP today

Anyone here do a combat sport with lifting? Doing my first day of kickboxing tomorrow and am just getting back into lifting. Hoping to do MWF maybe sat of lifting and then tues thurs kickboxing.

Nice blog

what's a good four week progression for paused squats? i understand you're supposed to go lower volume/reps because of the larger TUT?

Explain how that question is a blog

>WAWTT
Week 3 day 1 of C6W. Squats were meh. My grunts in particular were unusually retarded sounding, for some reason. The deadlifts felt like shit for the first set but the second I hit that magic form and it felt perfect.
>WAWET
Rice and chicken
>WAWLTT
Eurobeat
>WAWFT
I'm getting depressed again. I wake up, go to classes or whatever forces me to campus. Go home. School work. Eat. Sleep. Train. Eat. Sleep. Do a bit of school work. Sleep.
Aside from training I don't feel like being awake. And all the sleeping is making at hard to fall asleep at night. I feel emotionally isolated.

>>WAWTT
squats, deads, + leg raises and leg curls to get a bit of a pump for fun
>>WAWET
eggs and beans
>>WAWLTT
spooky misfits/danzig songs because halloween
>>WAWFT
tfw no gf

just do the lower body portion of c6w with nuckols bench...it's literally three days

your mom fucks some chad and cucks your dad

Your dad doesn't love you Sean

finished my first month of sheiko intermediate medium load on a 1000 cal deficit
some guy here told me I was retarded for trying something like that, but it's working great, my squat's gotten a bit weaker for sure but just about maintaining strength on bench and deadlifts actually gotten a bit stronger (probably because up to this point I only did rippletits programs with one set of deadlifts a week)
down 8kg, 15 more to go

im not sean and my dad loves me a lot

Nice fantasy blog

>down 8kg, 15 more to go
twink

>WAWTT
Barbell Rowsx10, x10
Pull-apartsx15, 5

>WAWET
Polarbröd with cheese, ham and tomatoes. Milk and protein bar later.

>WAWLTT
Dad rock lul.

>WAWFT
Pretty darn good. Did some pain-free rows for the first time in two weeks. Feelsgoodman.

interesting side effect of sumo

my vmo has never been more pronounced

First time in months squatting without any pain. I'm so fucking happy I didn't even lose that much strength, after that even managed 150kgs without pause which would make it only about 10kgs less than my pr. instagram.com/p/Ba4JLxBFmEB/ Rate my squats. Fuck I'm so happy.

>aesthetics
>wears a wife beater

it's the animus that are aesthetic not me, but maybe as I no longer upload anime pics should change that name.

keep your knees out more as you ascend friend

Yeah they cave in slightly I know that. Only happens at max sets tho. I think I need to strengthen my quads.

that should help then, just focus on keeping your knees over the toes as you go up. if you watch max aita's vid with mark bell he says it better than i do

t. highbar fag and failed oly lifter

what are your stats

stats before I started the cut were 235 squat 140 bench and 220 (lol) deadlift at 108 kg
lifting for a bit over 2 years

Yeah I know that, you just know on max sets sometimes they cave in a bit :) Generally I keep them out. Thanks for the tips tho. I even think about starting some oly lifts now, they're much more fun and since I heard how much equipment you need to compete in powerlifting I kinda lost some respect for that sport.

>how much equipment you need

you dont NEED anything

Spoopy chan best chan

but I heard from someone you can't even compete in ipf without belt and knee sleeves wrist wraps. I'm not really a fun of those. Even belt I try to not use if possible.

all you need is a singlet and long socks

>Can't compete without a belt, knee sleeves, or wrist wraps
That's just false. Literally only need

Not sure if this is the right thread as I haven't posted on fit in a long ass time. Can I ask for a form check here?

Basically stopped lifting for like 5 years and recently started up again and just want to check if my form is still alright.

youtu.be/zVrqVARVcLE

please respond

also shout out to the guy behind me who really hates smith machines

you have absolutely zero stability or tightness

Ok then I guess I was lied to. Thanks for clarifying this. I always thought like this and was hugely disappointed when I heard they will disqualify me without all that shit. I understand singlet and socks because every sport must have some sort of uniform.

alright, thanks. Is that just a case of creating more intra-abdominal pressure through breathing and tensing my core or is there something else I should work on?

Fix your walkout
Brace harder
Why did you pause the last rep?

Looks like you need to just pratice more.

>uniform

what the fuck

>intra-abdominal pressure
>tensing my core

when you combine a phrase you saw with a phrase showing complete lack of knowledge

yeah, work on everything, not a single part of your body is tight, legs arms torso head, all move around during the lift

Used a low belt position for squats (basically same position I use for sumo) and boy do I regret not doing it sooner. Way tighter in the hole now! Really need to get a new lever from Titan though, the screws are just falling out entirely after I take the belt off now.

>WAWTT
Bench: 305 2x3, 4x2
Low bar: 335 3x1
Front squat: 225 2x3, 4x2
Chest supported rows: 4x10

Whatever the fuck you call it. Every sport has some rules regarding clothing.

where the fuck where you putting the belt before?

THREADLY REMINDER

Isley is a fucking egomanical cunt

i take it english isnt your first language?

isley what did you do after PH3, im almost done with it and wanted your take on how i should transition out of it

Higher up, by like 3-4 inches. I think it's a habit from getting fatter and not wanting to adjust the lever position.

uniform is the correct word to use in this case

You should really drop the weight down friendo, that looked shaky as fuck

I mean, it's straight from wikipedia.
Thanks I knew I'm not that retarded.

kit

>Fix your walkout
>Brace harder
Cheers, will work on that.
>Why did you pause the last rep?
Not entirely sure to be honest. I think I was trying to use a stretch reflex and just misjudged the depth to come back up at, you can see I didn't go as deep as the others there.

>when you combine a phrase you saw with a phrase showing complete lack of knowledge.
As I said I've been out of the loop for a while. What I remember from back in the day with regards to stability is to breath into my stomach and to tense back and abdomen with the intention of creating internal pressure. Am I misremembering?

noted

Explain?

murica

I'm redoing my rts cycle.

Well, I will. Right now I'm fucking around.

>do sprints outside
>people staring
>dogs barking
>its hot outside
>make eye contact with some bitch and she laughs at me

Yeah fuck day time cardio, this is why i sprint on a track at night!

looks kinda awkward

k thx.. i was actually going to read up on rts and try it. Did you make solid gains on ph3? Im 1 week away from taper week

Squats, Feet up bench, and some accessories.

Squats are feeling a bit easier than I expected.

all i noticed was how loose your sleeves are

Yeah but it ground me to dust

s q u a t m o r n i n g s

That's like 3 hours in the gym homie but if I had the time I'd be down for it, sounds pretty solid

>3 hours

how long are you resting

you look like the guy that gives unwanted advice to everyone with his self invented squat technique