Is it bad to deadlift every other day

Is it bad to deadlift every other day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xaEVDfDazI4
youtu.be/N9jLjhB60HU?t=471
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rippletoe recommends deadlifting once every two week while alternating with power cleans during the day you deadlift. So yes it is bad.

he recommends that for people nearing the end of their linear progression. for rank beginners like op probably is, he recommends deadlifting every workout before even introducing power cleans.

most powerlifters deadlift 1-2x/week. it is the least frequently trained of the big three because recovery takes a long time. maybe do grip work/trap isolation half those days instead?

Rippetoe also has a terrible physique

Rippletits is also 61 years old, natty and could ohp your 1RM diddy.

Explain this youtube.com/watch?v=xaEVDfDazI4

Pretty impressive for a old man desu

i never said he wasn't strong, but his programme makes people look like complete shit
look at Zach Evetts. Ran the programme exactly how Rip wanted him too, with hands on coaching from Rip. And he looks like this
>b-but he can squat a lot!
yeah, girls care so much about squat numbers lel

>once every two weeks

no

i have the book right here on my desk

he recs every 5 days

>programs make you look like shit

annnnnd THAT is how I know you don't know what you're talking about

Zach ate 6k calories a day.

That's because it's a strength program, dummy. Yes, that guy looks like shit now, but he's strong. If he spent a couple of months on a cut he would look fantastic. Most people on Veeky Forums aren't chasing purely strength, but a blend of strength and aesthetics that can be achieved in a multitude of ways, the best and fastest way being something akin to starting strength followed by a cut.

>Using his legs, absolutely disgusting

That is pretty impressive he is an old fart.

Under the guidance of the writer of SS, following his instructions and the programme that unironically recommends GYNOMAD

I've never once seen someone go from being that fat on a bulk to looking aesthetic
And even if he did cut, he still has no arms or traps

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't commonplace. The fact is that building strength requires building muscle after a small initial noob gains period, and that the right proportion of muscle to body fat will look aesthetic. That muscle must be achieved to look good, whether you're doing a bodybuilding routine or a strength one. While a bodybuilding routine might keep you looking better during the period, you simply won't make the strength gains as fast as somebody willing to sacrifice aesthetics in the short term for a quicker long term payoff.

That photo is after 6 months of progress. He's not going to look like your cbt showoffs who have been lifting for years. For one, if he's running SS, he's doing diddies, so he's going to have decent traps buried in that fat somewhere. Arm wise, I would guess they're either buried in fat or he hasn't been doing any isolations for them whatsoever.

there's a difference between bulking and bloatmaxxing
and that picture wasn't even his final form, he still put on another 40lbs and looked even worse

And you're still not hearing my initial point. Of course he's going to keep looking like trash if he doesn't cut, but that's not the point of SS. If you get a fatcunt and make him cut down to nothing without any muscle, he's going to look like shit too. You need something to cut to. With Zach, he's got so much muscle to cut down to that he will look great when he does. If he just wants to keep running for strength, that's fine too, his goals are different than some other peoples.

I think the primary misconception is that people run SS expecting it to make you look good. SS will build muscle and quick, guaranteed. It's up to you to decide when you are strong enough that you will sacrifice your quick strength gains to look aesthetic and swap to a decent program that fits the speed you want to cut at to reveal the muscle you built on SS. Doing SS on a cut is retarded. Doing SS and expecting to look good at the end is retarded. Doing SS for any other reason than to be strong is retarded. It's called Starting STRENGTH, not starting aesthetics. If you want to go from shitcunt DYEL to decent, run SS until you hate your fat ass, then swap to something like a 4 day split or a PPL on a mild cut until you become 10%, then swap back to a strength program, etc.

>he cares about what women thinks
>he lifts for women

Everyone except fat powerlifters lifts for women

Want me to tell you how I know you're a teenager?

kys twink

well you don't as I'm 20
Just because you can't get aesthetic doesn't mean you have to be a hater brah

No
But he's a fucking retard

He also recommends squatting thrice a week which also takes care of the erectors. If you don't squat thrice a week you should deadlift more.

>Yes, that guy looks like shit now, but he's strong
>bench press less than bodyweight
lol

try it, if your lower back gets fatigued to the point where you training feels inefficient then deadlift left. Its not magic user

i think deadlifting once or twice a week is enough. doing it every other day will disturb recovery, doesn't allow for adaption, and might increase risk of injury. but definitely don't leave deads out of your routine, they are second best exercise for overall strength and muscle size after squats.

Is it bad to squat everyday? Is it better to alternate heavy and light squats?

>I'm not 19, i'm 20!

haha shut the fuck up you haven't even started lifting heavy

if you're not a stupid fucking idiot and do it right yes you can squat everyday

you just have to make sure your recovery is on point and that you actually know how to squat

what the fuck is a heavy/light squat? r u talking about volume and intensity? yes you should switch it up bc you can't max out indefinitely (although I've gone through 3-4 day stretches where I was hitting a PR everyday)

when you get tired, fatigued, bored, etc. switch to an exercise that can at least carry over a little bit and then come back to it when you're ready

maybe not conventional, but yes some deadlift variations are better than others in terms of recovery and what not

make sure your lower back and abs are strong tho you can't rely solely on compound lifts to build a strong core/back (although they definitely help)

>is it bad to do X
Try it out and see for yourself you lazy unwilling fucks. Maybe you respond well to volume, maybe you respond well to high frequency, maybe the best choice is high intensity. Try shit out. There's no way to be sure about these things unless you do them yourself.

JUST DEADLIFT EVERY DAY OP, IT CAN'T HURT YOU. YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT! IT'S A MINDSET!

yea it's the mindset of a collegiate wrestler turned into a crazy strong unconventional lifter

you might me mocking the bugez but you'll always be weaker than him lol

>lifting for others
I'm sorry kiddo but you're never going to make it

lifting for girls is basically lifting for yourself
youtu.be/N9jLjhB60HU?t=471

What's your point? Three weeks of DNP would get him to 12% bf.

haha this guy is weak AF and an insecure bitch that wants to justify his stupid philosophy

his argument is that lifting for girls and approval of others is ok bc it's ultimately self-serving.... what?!

if your motivation is derived from narcissism guess what your mental game is compromised bc you're going to be inclined to avoid things that may check your vanity like actually finding out what you're made of by pushing yourself and trying new things

you're fucking stupid

I can guarantee he lifts more than you and looks 10x better too

lol you must be dense because my original point is that lifting for vanity does not make for good mental game... so yea sure his body fat is a little less than mine

but guess what? being thin makes you WEAK

I deadlift more than this bitch rack pulls

I don't know what you're trying to argue here

post your physique or shut up.

why? do you think I need the approval of others? I'm not a bitch like u or ur gf

btw deadlifting +315 lbs is not impressive at all

and I'm not fat/chubby if that's your angle

Totally subjective. 10x10? @ 60%? That's bad. 1x3 @ 85%? Fine

>girls
Neither him nor rippetoe lift for that. Zach wanted to get strong and he got very strong very fast. Dunno why posting Zach seemed like a good idea to you but he's a great example of how effective SS is.

Fucking idiots complaining about SS not turning everyone into zyzz. If you want aesthetics you picked the wrong program.

try it

if you're deadlifting an appropriate weight [ie progressive overload] you would not be recovered enough to deadlift that often, with good form, without feeling like completely shit

>starting strength
>is not aesthetic after running the programme for 6 months
>starting STRENGTH

hmm

there is no reason to get "strong" if you end up bloatmaxxed and ugly
strength is overrated.

if you vary intensity and go light on most days then no. if you lift heavy as fuck every day you will hurt yourself in the long run. depends on what you mean by every day I guesss.

Sure, so why are you arguing about a programme you don't care about?

Personally my lower back is stiff for a week after deadlifting. So I would say no. Don't do it too often. Still love pulling that weight though.

God damn this guy is insufferable. If he didn't lift he would be incel tier.

[spoiler]for (You)s[/spoiler]

>he got very strong
>bench press less than bodyweight

When running Russian Bear program, I used to deadlift 3-4x/week, many sets each time (at least 10 total, counting warm-ups). It's tiring af at first, and I would rest 5-10min before getting to next lift. Once I adapted, it became the best workout ever, in term of well being. I've put a lot of thickness to my torso during the program, even tho I lost weight. My deadlift went up about 60lbs. 10/10 would do it again, in fact, I'm planning to start it again this month.

There's also a low volume deadlift program, which has you lifting 1x5 5 times a week, starting with you 8rm through new 5rm each cycle, it's called Power To The People.

Both are trash. Don't expect much more than what you've already got. Conv deadlifts and OHP are absolutely not enough for mass and Pavel has basically admitted that he doesn't know shit about mass

Yeah, I'm planning on running it for deadlift/bench, since during the bench cycle I've put a lot mass as well, but not during ohp. This is my current plan: About the quality of pavel programs, I'm no expert, but it seems the book he wrote with Dan John is pretty well regarded. I've read it, and found it's principles are pretty much the same as of PTTP, but has some nice tweaks on it. Also, reports of those who run the bear program are also positive, both on startingstrength and t-nation forums.

As for myself, tbqh, the most important is the well being I've got from these 3 lifts only workouts, tho it looks autistic (to my liking kek).

Didn't he finish with a 275 bench? How many guys do you know who got there in 4 months kek

My buddy who's obese, that's who.

When 275 is less than bodyweight, maybe progressing your bench as quickly as possible shouldn't be your utmost concern

>My buddy who's obese
Zach started as a skinny kid who can gained serious strength through SS as doing the program. Rippletoe was trying to show that the program works, as in the strength gains. How many skinny kids you know can bench that weight in less than 6 months?

He was turned into an obese kid, so I don't see your point

u want a extra crispy deep fried CNS op?

Does anyone know if he did a cut already? He should look great after losing some bf %

People underestimate how hard it is to cut

It's hard but come on, it's very doable. Especially if you learn alternate day fasting. You can get all your calories on lifting day then fast on rest day.