VERTICAL JUMP

Need to increase my vertical leap so I cun dunk. Any tips? What routines/exercises should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

msuathletics.ru/books/bible/vert_jump_bible.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Ozb-h1Kj5es
taringa.net/posts/imagenes/19661574/Companeras-de-clase-que-no-vas-a-tener-nunca-en-tu-vida.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Box Squats, Trap-Bar Deadlifts

Kill yourself and hope you reroll with better genetics.

Already doing squats and deadlifts. Don't have trap-bar tho.

I'm asking because I can already touch the rim and and also hang with my four fingers.
Need to add another 8 or 10 inches in my vertical leap so I can finally dunk the ball.

I'm find 5'8 btw.

do shit like air alert nigger.
>want to jump higher
jump more and do squats.

more?

nice

squats plyometrics + cut to 10% bf + testosterone + winstrol/anavar/halotestin and you're welcome

>parents let their daughter go out like this
I can only hope that she's just a humongous slut who lies to her parents.

>literally every girl during summer except less tities
what are you on about?

You should do explosive power 212kg x30

[spoiler]wallsit[/spoiler] 2 minutes straight

I did air alert. Evade that shit, believe me. Youll get bigger vertical but youll get injured i assure you. No better way to improve vertical but to squat three times per week. After texas method for around year, my dunking capabilities improved so much better. And you get strong plus youll look better. Squatz for the win

Maybe in degenerate states. Don't post my boy Jimmy again, btw.

Shave head for aerodynamics

squats and power cleans
but you better do them unironically

>Tfw J Buckets blasts country music in the locker room to trigger his team
Absolute mad man

Explosive movements like box jumps and drills like that with squat jumps etc check out Terron Beckham on YouTube

Oh and dump the rest of those photos boi

Plyometric shit, squats and power cleans. Or just do olympic weightlifting on the side.

Shoes. It's the shoes.

msuathletics.ru/books/bible/vert_jump_bible.pdf

plyometrics my man
also jump a lot

Who is she? I know theres more pics somewhere.

(checked and heil hitler'd)
I can say with near 100% certainty that she grew up without a father

Plyometrics. I put 8” on my vertical in 3 months.

I really want to lay my head on those titties

Post the webm you pussy

what states aren't "degenerate" practically any state in the south wears shorts like this and anything along a coastline will show even more skin commonly

Utah

Studies show that the best way to get explosive is to work up to a 2x body weight squat more than anything else, so work on that

Jump rope, jump up and down step on one leg (balance on landing), nordic curls, plyometrics, trampoline/parkour if youre into that

Power can be optimized, not trained. Lose weight, develop strength, practice technique, and you'll find your best vertical. But even that won't increase your vertical enormously; and once it's optimized, it won't be trained further.

They test the vertical just BECAUSE you can't improve it. It's a pure test of your potential as an athlete.

impulse is almost entirely genetic

t. fastest guy at school without working on it

>needing to jump to dunk

Ducking manlets

BUT

pls

Power cleans, and squats and deads to help your powerclean.

There are also barbell jumps, idk, would probably help too.

rolling

So if someone isn’t powerful and explosive n shit from birth no amount of training will make them explosive?

its quite a well discussed conundrum, are weightlifters explosive because they lift heavy, or can they lift heavy because they are explosive? there does seem to be a balance somewhere inbetween, so power can be optimised

>being THIS retarded
Holy fucking broscience. You MUST be trolling.

You can just...jump for an hour a day? If you want to get better, stronger why not do what your trying to do?

Vert jump bible says that you have different type of jumpers. Bouncy and strength. Guys who are naturally good jumper s are usually bouncy, like they got springs im their legs. but anyone can improve their jumps by getting stronger and doing plyos.

t. Muhammed

you must not have read starting strength
nice digits though

>I believe a fat manlet's broscience about jumping

those are definitely protein jugs

Actual baller that can regularly dunk since a few months here(6'3 / 192cm).
Just get a strong as fuck squat.
Do a fullbody routine like The bridge but use linear periodization if you're weak as fuck.
Jumprope (low intensity) on offdays, except incorporate sprints after your third day.
Ideally it would look like this :
A/rope/B/rope/C/sprints/rope.
Do flexibility work everyday.
I barely ever did power cleans.

Alot of horseshit right here.
Seriously stop posting you're discouraging people to give their best.
Even 170cm people can dunk.

how much you squat breh

Touching the rim isn't really that impressive. I'm only 6'2" with a miserable 100kg ATG squat and can easily touch the rim. You have a long way to go until you can dunk properly.

moar of this chick

Sprints box jumps and jump rope got me there
Calves are a huge factor

But are you doing BOX squats? The reason why you do box squats is to focus more on the posterior chain and less on the quads, and to develop explosiveness since you have to lift up from a full stop without using the stretch reflex.

here you go famalam

1.3times bw 3x6

>5´8
You probably wont make it. Focus on being quick and good at lay ups

Nah you can definitely increase it even if not explosive, I definitely noticed a huge increase playing rugby explosiveness wise after hitting my legs hard for a few months

Power cleans and box jumps.

Squats and deadlifts too.

Then cut.

(I wanted to increase my vertical jump for volleyball - I'm 5'8 too so I really needed extra reach to be able to block effectively. Worked well.)

Have you tried jumping

>touching the rim at 5'8 is not impressive

that's like a 36 inches vertical and that's way above average which is like 24 inches or something

meant to quote

mommy

logic would say that you can't increase it much more than it is, based purely on observation. there's a reason almost every top sprinter is powered by slave era eugenics. no amount of lifting or exercises make you jump higher, box jumps aren't verticals, and whatever it is that makes people jump high wanes over time. look at Kobe or Jordan, they got more muscle mass, became stronger and worked out hard into their late 30s and could barely dunk towards the end of their careers.

So explosiveness is mostly genetic? Man this thread is confusing

genetics
>height
>explosive power
if you didnt get those two traits at birth you wont be able to dunk
yes you can train to jump higher but this is because your jump is such shit in the first place. Something like jumping can barely be trained

In Utah, many girls wear this look but with a few extra inches on the shorts and straps

yes, here's Allen Iverson all 5'11 165lbs soaking wet never worked out a day in his life other than train hoops, going sky fucking high for a dunk.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ozb-h1Kj5es

no amount of IG & youtubers with their crossfit BS routines and steroids will ever, ever come close to his vertical.

i don't think so, i worked on explosiveness when I was boxing it's not impossible to train it. Some guys are natural. Stuff like sprints and jumps will help, there were also some floor exercises. One that I think was really effective was where you are kneeling, then jump to your feet (using only legs) and then jump vertically and get your knees to your chest. Maybe it wasn't effective idk, but it gave a really nice burn.

oh yeah can u prove how much more explosive you got? how much did ur vertical improve?

For the millionth time, yes. You are born with a certain amount of fast twitch muscle fibers. If you train jumping high, you can probably gain a few inches because you are getting more proficient at the move itself. Also, you can lose weight so that your power will carry your mass higher. That's it.

Man this chick is really something

w-what's in the webm?

>can u prove how much more explosive you go
no, how would I do that? it was 3 years ago. Why would you even doubt that perfecting explosiveness is possible, almost all sports have training program aimed at developing it.

I Read you can increase it aprox 10-15% with training but its highly genetik.

Be born with better genetics.

Post more of the girl, or give us sauce.

that's full of shit.
t. Went from not being able to touch the rim to dunking one handed off the dribble in actual games

Quarter squats
Box squats
Unilateral jumpsquats
Calf raises
Hill sprints

Found her.
taringa.net/posts/imagenes/19661574/Companeras-de-clase-que-no-vas-a-tener-nunca-en-tu-vida.html

I NEED THE NAME OF THE GIRL!!!!

WHAT IS HER NAME?!

I DON'T KNOW I'M SORRY

>"I'll never have a high vertical leap because of muh genetics"

Literally this. People who think plyometrics and other shenanigans will improve vertical jumping ability are absolutely retarded. The reason it's tested is because it's the single easiest way to quantify genetic athletic potential. Losing weight if you're over weight will improve it greatly, but only because you were overweight in the first place. Putting 200lbs on your Squat has shown to improve your SVJ marginally at best. You won't put 8 inches on it from going from a 135lbs power clean to a 275lbs power clean, or from jumping on boxes like a faggot, or from any other dumb shit you guys can come up with. You're either born with the skill or you aren't, it can't be developed very much. Sorry.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

/thread

Yeah I have no fucking clue explosiveness is such a buzzword these days tbqh

Literally

Her arms are pretty fat looking, honestly a disappointment over the first pic, i dont get why so many people are going nuts over her

Dont get me wrong, i'd fuck her, im just not begging for a webm of some flabby 17 year old

Soy

The digits don’t lie

>I’m not obsessed over this girl like everyone else
>I better let everyone know this
>but I’m straight I’d still have sex with her even though she’s not that attractive to me
>gives an insult coupled with a compliment

Either youre a psychopath or a faggot

Saying you'd have sex with someone (low bar - maybe 6/10 or more) is not the same as begging for more content of her online. Do you really not get this?

cope

Literally

Regarding random sexy girls/instagram whores, this spanish website es fucking neato.