/plg/ - powerlifting general

/plg/- Powerlifting general.

>tonks edition

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed. Supermong and Sean pls go.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh (embed)

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1 (embed)

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo

>How to bench press by PTW
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI

>How to OHP with Dan Green
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3 (embed)

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BeOhYHIh6zO/
bestgore.com/beheading/police-torture-beheading-son-flay-alive-guerrero-mexico/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You know the drill
>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

drink milk

the fuck does this mean?

i know this was copy pasted but i really miss supermong :( he was a good bully for the weaklings of fit

SS bro I seek advice.
I can do my workouts so easily and I've decided on the last set of my 3x5 to do as many reps as I can. Will this be detrimental to me? Obviously as the weight increases I will only be able to manage 5 reps but for example, yesterday I was able to do 12x on DL and 15x on last set of OHP. Will this fuck me up?
I know rip would tell me I'm not doing the program, but otherwise I feel like I'm not straining at all. Should I just be patient and wait for the weight to increase?

hello just dropping in (repost)

I honestly think this is a stupid idea, as a beginner on a program that adds weight constantly your form is already garbage (i've never seen a newbie with good form it's normal) add to it amrap and + tonnage and you have yourself a recipe for injury.

>shilling this hard for greyskull lp

if you arent id look it up its basically what you are doing

yes very good just do it but drink more milk

last set amrap is not a bad idea
but if you get more than a couple of extra reps then you're doing the program wrong
the weights you select for 3x5 and 1x5 should be tough so if you're getting that many extra reps you need to be more aggressive with your increases for a few sessions until you're back where 3x5 or 2x5 + 1x6-7 is tough

Actually I've trained olympic weightlifting with a coach for 2 years (that was 4 years ago) and we covered OHP, Squat, Deadlift, every pull variation and the big lifts. Low bar squat, dead, ohp and bench are simple as fuck lifts that I have been confirmed to do with excellent form (by coach and peers)
I haven't touched a barbell in a long time and want to start from the bottom again. It's not a true AMRAP either, when form breaks down, I stop, but that's how many reps I got before form degraded, every rep prior was as good as the first rep.
But I agree with you, considering newbies with bad form who decide to keep repping after form degrades.
NOW considering the information I've provided you, do you still think it's stupid? Otherwise it's so damn easy I just don't think I'm creating a need for my body to adapt. (only doing 80lbs on ohp and 205 on DL, keeping squat 3x5 because still getting sore from the squats but not feeling my other lifts)

legend of he-man from johnny paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn also does all the pressing first so it's an entirely different program from starting strength despite its author being a regular poster on the ss forums for a year or two before totally inventing his brand new program

btw last set amrap goes at least all the way back to 1976 and BFS aka BiggerFasterStronger who have been doing that for main lifts since inception

nothing new under the sun ..

I want to die

From what I read, my working weight began when my reps were became the slightest bit slower than lifting the bar, so that's where I started, I'm being extremely conservative with my starting point to give my body ample time to acclimate to barbell lifting again. (I've injured myself in the past from being overzealous and pushing beyond my limits, don't want to do it again)

>pls tell me what to do but i actually wanna do this
whats up with these people

i'm not sure it says "the slightest bit slower" but you should have selected a weight that slows you down
i'm not saying you need to double the weights asap but if you're doing 2x5 and then 1x12, you can handle adding more than 5lbs a session
and you can add weight without pushing past your limits

Some of you need to man the fuck up. These retarded temper tantrums are pathetic.

Are you a cute girl I can rescue

just read the rundown on greyskull
that's funny that i felt inclined to do that naturally, still squattin 3x a week though

Thank you for the advice user, and everyone else, I feel clear now.

what temper tantrums jim-kun?

hmm

to that finnish bodybulter from last thead thanks for that side delt exercise i can do it without pain it fels good

why do you keep posting this roider faggot

>why do you keep posting this roider faggot
It's better than posting trannies and 3 plate squat form checks.

thoughts? struggling with permanent bumps from osgood schlatter

what's wrong with squat form checks? I thought you're supporting slow progress and good form and we all know that beginners have shit form.

what exercise

A 3 plate squatter is not a powerlifter. Unless they are a woman. They can get form checks from qtddtot or fit.

not lifting heavy enough

to be fair what defines somebody as a powerlifter is whether or not they've been to a meet, a 3pl8 squatter that went to a meet can call himself a powerlifter over a 6pl8 gym only squatter.

>a 3pl8 squatter that went to a meet can call himself a powerlifter
Good for him. High school football players celebrate 3 plate squats too.

>to be fair what defines somebody as a powerlifter is whether or not they've spent money to compete in front of people for a hobby

Can you even squat 3pl8 Jim larper?
Yes unfortunately that's how it works with almost all hobbies. I thought you were multibillonaire surely 10bucks is not a lot of cash for you?

powerlifting

is competing in the sport of powerlifting

if you dont compete

you are training to be a powerlifter

if you only shoot hoops by yourself

you are not a basketball player

you shoot hoops alone

you might be good at it

but you are not a basketball player

Im not Jim. And yes.

so if I compete once and never again Im a powerlifter for life or is it a yearly renewal thing ? lmao

Im not sean , Im pretty sure hes an asian dude from canada

So kaz is not a powerlifter?

a former basketball player is one who played before but does not anymore

a former powerlifter would be one who used to compete but does not anymore

is it so hard for your tiny brain to rationalize this

Powerlifting is just a structured way to demonstrate strength. A 3plate squat is nothing worth demonstrating.

I dont go to the local basketball court, throw the ball over the backboard, then expect people to call me a baller

Raise your expectations, snowflakes.

>notanargument.jpg
You'd be a bad baller or bad powerlifter but one nonetheless.
Just as you're a bad shitposter.

You don't compete in anything. Besides maybe professional chastity.

Whatever makes you feel special.

Youre so fucking cringy

brainlets lmao

Glad you conceded.

>2 weeks in cut
>down by 3 kg
>6 more kgs to go
anybody here knows how to make chicken breast as tasty as thighs I've tried marinating, curries olive oil etc... no luck.

It can't be done without adding fat. They don't have nearly as much fat as chicken thighs, and fat is flavor.

>plg
>cut
Wrong thread sweetie

thought as much guess ill just have to bear it.
im 5"7 88kgs think we can make an exception

Think about using fresh herbs and possibly grilling and making a chimichurri sauce. It's flavorful, herby and goes very well with grilled meats.

>affective
>girls act autistic and shy when talking to me
My ego just might pop

Never heard of chimchurri before looks delicious cheers

H..how is my form guys? appreciate feedback

It's fine.

Chads out.
Looks good nice setup between reps too imo.

Enjoy lad, it's really tasty.

It looks good user, now add weight.

I want to die

>tfw mobility work is paying off
I thought I'd never be able to comfortably do a full squat

I want a cute and cute shy skinny gf who's a virgin and I'm her first bf and she's madly in love with me and she never gets bored of me and never cheats and hugs me every day and is super nice to talk to

its all I want life isn't FUCKING FAIR

I don't think ill ever be able to understand why a person would shitpost.

Very nice man rehab and mobility work is fucking amazing.

>its all I want life isn't FUCKING FAIR
Maybe you didn't earn it. That is fair.

Yeah it's quite nice. Bought a sports bike and I never realised how tight and immobile my lower back and hips were, but after sitting in an aggressive hinge for hours every day its really opened up my hips and posterior chain.

Was a nice little addition to my life

I have over 9mil xp in finding a gf

You have to make everything around it taste good without adding a bunch of calories since chicken breast tastes of fuck all. You can make really good low calorie sauces by boiling down diet soda and using something to thicken it like flour or onions.

Dr Pepper chicken is my favourite. Brown some onions, add diet dr pepper and a chicken stock cube, boil down until it's a sauce consistently and add your chicken. Sound disgusting but it's really good. Lemon chicken is my second favourite where you do the same thing but with diet cloudy lemonade.

You can also make creamy sauces using quark, which is mostly protein (11g protein, 3g carbs per 100g). Fry some mushrooms until they release their water and turn deep brown, then add garlic and gently fry it. Next add a chicken stock cube with a small amount of hot water and cook it off. Then add your quark and a bunch of pepper and gently heat until you have an almost entirely protein creamy mushroom peppercorn sauce. You have to add and cook the quark at a very low heat otherwise it'll seperate.

Just some ideas.

cheers lad ill give them both a try always wanted to make sauces with fizzy drinks.

no way you read all that, absorbed the information, and wrote a reply in 2 minutes.

Fucking liar.

Sous vide, not even memeing. Moistest, most delicious chicken tiddies I ever ate.

I would recommend setting your hips first then your back. The way you push your hips down to setup has a tendency to push the bar forward. Basically bend your knees and then set your back

Am I a strong boi now? Lmaooooo

instagram.com/p/BeOhYHIh6zO/

M8 you wrote about cooking chicken breast and making it palatable you also wrote 2-3 mini paragraphs, how long do you expect people to take to read and absorb that?

you're a big tiddies boi alright

Guessing you're UK as well, in which case I'll add that you should buy knorr stock cubes since they do a much better job of flavouring and thickening than oxo.

You can make a nice chinese chicken broth soup by shredding chicken into a broth made of chinese five spice, spring onion, vinegar, chilli and chicken stock.

Also Quark + MyProtein protein cheese makes a decent cheese sauce. Good quality thick balsamic vinegar also makes a nice dipping sauce. Pickled onions/beetroot/gherkins are nice low calorie accompaniments. I did a PSMF for like 12 weeks so I learned all kinds of shit on how to eat nothing but 200g of protein a day without wanting to kill myself.

That wasn't me.

That’s just mean, I like the kg meme more.

I like birds

Three reds.

Good pull.

Yeah UK and knorr boy through and through.

I tried the protein cheese the other day pretty good for the macros it has. I know that feeling I did rfl 2.0 (essentially 200g pro/15g f and carb per day) for 5 weeks and coffee and fish were my best friends

Failure isn't falling down, its not getting up again.

okay dino

Would you care to apologise?

I'm sorry. i was projecting.

How to do pressing 3x a week? Nuckols beginner 3x is pretty empty desu and boring, feels like I should be doing more.

That's okay I forgive you

>Nuckols beginner 3x is pretty empty desu and boring, feels like I should be doing more.
If you don't enjoy getting strong and lifting weights, try zumba.

bestgore.com/beheading/police-torture-beheading-son-flay-alive-guerrero-mexico/

Supposedly the goriest video EVER

who's ballsy enough to watch?

stop doing 5/3/1

Feels good to be a NEET

why haven't we invaded mexico yet?

huge

i fucking hate you

The slight hitch?

Sounds like a waste of energy.

Dropping it actually. Was more of ramp than a hitch, and it wasn't very gratuitous. Most judges would give it to you.

Hands should stay on till the bottom?

Yes you must hold on to the bar until it is motionless on the floor when deadlifting.