Bideltoid shoulder width

How wide is your frame, Veeky Forums?
20 inches is average width. How do you measure up?
Are you a framelet, or a framegod?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/wider-real-man-shoulders
dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA611869
humanics-es.com/ADA316646.pdf
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19930020135.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never measured, but I can't get through any Asian door frames without stepping in sideways. My chest is always described as barrel in nature as well.
>T. user living in asia

feed that little nigga a big mack he looks like he is starving

23"

average is 18.25 not 20

currently at 21.5

Ive never measured but ive had multiple normies tell me ive got wide shoulders. Might just be relative to my height though because im 5'10

makes me sad this measurement is only affected by lateral delt and muh genetics.

>24”
my friends call me a neanderthal because i’m short & have a comically stocky build. i’m curious to see what my skeleton looks like sometimes in honesty

53inches around. You measure around right? I generally have the widest shoulders of any non obese person I meet. I'm still decently high bodyfat.

> average is 18.25 not 20
how do you know that?

directly across user.

delt to delt user

bideltoid measurement is straight across from delt to delt, not all around

> average is 18.25 not 20
lol, maybe for girls.

i feel like this measurement on its own is bullshit on the low, it should include some sorr of proportionality to determine frame gods. 6’ lads are gonna be smaller overall than 6’3 lads but proportionately if they have the same length femur i’d consider it impressive. just including one aberage for everyone is a little dumb.

got 23.5" at 5'11. Always am told I am wide

'Framelet'

Veeky Forums does it again.......

A little over 21 inces
I think its above average since my shirts are tight arond my shoulders
My waist is 12 inches atleast the ratio is okay

after reading that Ronnie Coleman had 25 inch shoulders, I would like to say we all suck at measuring

am i measuring from the side of my arm at the delt or just front delt to delt

cos im 23" from the sides and like 21" otherwise

>tfw underdeveloped delts

please see

I've seen videos of Ronnie when he's not in juiced up competition mode and he doesn't look remarkabely wide
what you have to remember is most pro have relatively small frames, but good v-tapers.
Most pro's shoulder width is 24"+, but it looks insanely wider do to their overall body proportions.

also, Arnold had 27 inch shoulder span.
so I'm really doubting most of you are the same width as Coleman

>It's another episode of "Veeky Forums can't do simple actions"
Inb4 some colossal fuck up and some crazy reasoning behind it

I barely got 19 inches and im 6'5"

Always thought i had a go(o)d shoulder to waist ratio though

Should I just end myself? Whats the point anymore

>t-nation.com/training/wider-real-man-shoulders
>The average man in the United States is 5-foot 10-inches tal, and weighs 172 pounds. His shoulder width is 18-1/4 inches.
>20-inch-wide shoulders look significantly broader than average shoulders; 21-inch shoulders will get plenty of attention; 22-inch shoulders will draw stares from almost everyone; 23-inch shoulders are super heroic and will get you a ticket on the front row of Mr. Olympia contests; and 24-inch shoulders are as rare as a 500-pound overhead press

lel.
frame might be average but you know they have 2-3 inches of solid muscle when they're that big.
when I'm larger, and on roids, I can push at least an inch and a half into my lateral delt.

it cut off the end
>right now I can push like half an inch in.

no way in hell did Arnold have a 27" inch bideltoid. They must have got it while he was doing a lat spread.
In pumping iron you see him next to other people and the width difference isn't drastic at all. Remember the scene wheres he's lying on the small couch smoking? His frame would be hanging off the side if he had a 27" bideltoid

for something like this, sources can only get so reliable.
this is like bodywhat.com
correct the measurement if you find a different one

22 inches here is that any good?

oh that's Coleman vs Arnold btw

Absolute bullshit. There's no sources at all in this article. They pulled that number out of their ass. Real average male width is ~20 inches.

Check out this accurately done military anthropometric survey with no bodybuilding bias
dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA611869

Just fucking lol at the bluepilled delusionists at t-nation, bb.com, etc. The figure they promote as being the average width of a male is basically the same as the average width of a FEMALE
> 19.5 inches bro..nice thats above average
> 22".. wide as fuckk bro
it's all a bunch of happy horseshit, you don't start looking wide till you're 23"+

Yeah, something doesn't make sense here. I highly doubt those measurements are accurate.

fairly average for someone who lifts, not bad tho

I don't lift though user, how much will I gain if I do lift?

>21.25

depends on your genetics but I started at 20" and am just under 24" now.
you have great potential for width, could probably get 26" if you train hard enough.

tfw not Mark Henry width

Nice! What exercises affect the shoulders to grow my width?

>tfw 33 from center to center
>tfw centimeters

That is 14 3/4 inch

I doubt these stats
Im alittle over 21 wide( measured it properly with calipers and wasnt flexing, lat spread gives a few extra inches)
In pictures im noticeably wider than normies

>see 33
>think user is a huge monster of a man
>centimeters

You disappointed me user you twig.

A twig would be long...

user, i....

I did not choose that...

What's my body fat percent? The site says 14% but it said that it thinks it's wrong and I do too

lol idk man, I would guess 14ish is correct

just focus on getting bigger overall.
rear delts and side delts are what make up the delt width, extra width can come from upper back and lat training.

wow... this is a brutal red pill. i thought 21 inches were wide

see

>mean weight 188lb
>mean thigh: 24.61
>mean neck: 17.11
>mean bideltoid: 20.10
>mean bicep: 14.1
theres no redpill to be found here retards. youre deluded if you think this has much overlap with normies and the everyday soyboy

look at the females, dumbass
mean bitdeltoid is 18

>survey people in the military
>they are larger than average
its okay brainlet. not all of us were cut out to think things out thoroughly

>youre deluded if you think this has much overlap with normies and the everyday soyboy

why wouldn't it? the average male is overweight and wears a large t-shirt. soyboys with beta frames are a minority, they're not some everyday occurance like people on this site would believe.

> coping this hard

Pics?

20 inches lmao. when i do a lat spread my shoulder width is like 40 inches. GET MOGGED

it's a 4,000 sample size

keep coping, framelet

Oh great, a thread for the hamplanets

Who else here /shouldertowaistratio/?
21" shoulder width
14" waist width

That average includes nonwhites. Are you going to include monkeys and rats next?

6'3. 27 inch wide. Not muscle just bone. Sitting in movies or on planes suck because seats too narrow. not asthetic

got 20'' / 12''

blacks are people too, why would you not include them?

the width of this mannequin is 6 foot 3 and 23.5" wide, meant to represent an athletic young male.
notice how even this mannequin with shoulders that are "super heroic and will get you a ticket on the front row of Mr. Olympia contests" still doesn't really look all that broad? average male is most definitely at least 20 inches.
further proof that that t-nation article is just a bunch of willfull, bluepiled ignorance.

>be a militaryfag
>go through basic
>go to daily PTs
>this wont skew the results
how can you all be so dumb?

should be x->0 if you're looking for negative infinity and not 0 you fucking brainlet

if the sample size were smaller i'd agree.
but no, with that large a sample size, i don't believe a 20" mean bideltoid measurement is caused solely from military training.

to put things in perspective, NASA places the average width at slightly less at 19.6

>thread arguing about means
>assuming shoulder width is normally distributed
> if you actually look at the data in the value has positive skewness (more individuals are below the mean than above)

Veeky Forums sucks at math.

>more individuals are below the mean than above
and more individuals ARE the mean than above and below. lol

>more individuals ARE the mean than above and below
what?

>the military selects for similar physical characteristics

well I'm shocked.
Most really big people will get fucked by tape tests and their own food / oxygen demands
Most really small people get killed by a heavy ruck.
Active duty military members are not a representative sample of the general public. They're going to be medium sized and more fit than average.

Your statement is still false unless you're referring to the number of counts at a given value being greatest around the mean but your wording is positively retarded.

the largest measurement I have recorded of myself, sans gymceling and at low body fat is 54.65cm.

I am consistently the widest guy in the room and I cannot fit in plane seats.

Framelet was one of the original -lets.
I've been insecure about it since I first saw it sometime last year.

It ain't so much the width of your shoulders, but the ratio of shoulders to waist. Shoulders should be a minimum of 1.5 times wider than the waist, but more is better. Unlike female hip to waist ratio, which has an optimum at 0.7 with greater or lesser values being less attractive, men only have a minimum.

Wtf? I’m 23. That seems skinny as fuck.

24"
t. dyel lanklet

>22 shoulder
>15 waist

like 19 inches

that's not really my problem though, my problem is that femur bones poke out a lot

it's not that the hip bones themselves are wide, it's where the thighs begin that looks wide, as the bones are outward growing

how do I ameliorate this?

what exercise makes your shoulders look broader?

23 inches

Absolutely none of you have 23" or above shoulders.

> i'm a framecel so everyone else is too

the data is out there that shows average width is ~20 inches. is it really that hard to believe that some more genetically gifted people than average can get 2-3 inches of width from lifting weights?

This thread is pretty funny, I remember when that user was shilling all of that US millitary data and Im almost damn sure that even in that one 23" bideltoid was 99.99th percentile. The average was something like ~18. I've seen normie studies with averages even lower for men.

Then again, everybody on Veeky Forums is 6'2'', 140iq with and >8inch dick, so the average being a 23'' bideltoid falls right in line.

i've seen plenty of dudes with 23" inch width. 21-23" is pretty common for serious lifters.

19 inches width at 6 feet and i look better and im stronger and faster than all of you fucking framelords

LOL anyways my wrists are 7.5 inches

bideltoid measurements from US millitary study with thousands of men.

this study is a bit different from the other, i believe the methods of measurement differed.
This one is much closer to the NASA one that has the average at 19.6

Accounting for everything i think a safe bet is calling the average 19-20

If I'm not mistaken the one I posted uses calipers to measure, which is pretty much the only way to do it right, so I'm not sure how you would do it differently.

Anyhow, bideltoid width is HIGHLY dependant on frame, unless you are fucking joocing like mad, you are only gonna add maybe and inch or two to your bideltoid width, so (almost) everybody ITT claiming 23''+ is lying.

Heres the full study of pretty much every body measurement you could think of for those who are interested. humanics-es.com/ADA316646.pdf

the average mr .olympia height is 5'7. put those shoulders on a manlet and see what happens

>humanics-es.com/ADA316646.pdf
thanks for the link

my point about the measuring is that in the other military survey, i believe they had subjects flare elbows slightly

No, it's the same method of measurement, the only difference is that this study is older.

Which means that either gymceling is far more common or the percentage of fatcels is increased (more likely). It should be interesting to note that the average is higher in the US army study from 2012 than an equivalent study made on marine corps personell from 2010, which shows the same result as the NASA study with an average of 19.61", again another data point supporting the fatcel theory.

Makes sense.
Another point worth noting is this NASA survey of 500 men from 1985-1991
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19930020135.pdf
this lists 21" as 99th percentile
hard to believe tho as 20-21" seems so common, but this can be attributed to the fact that most astronauts in the study were not weight lifters

>hard to believe tho as 20-21" seems so common
It's not, a medium shirt is still fitted for a biacromial breadth of around 410mm, which would give a bideltoid breadth around 500mm. 540+mm would mean most people were wearing L-XL shirts, which they clearly don't.

Don't the majority of men wear L-XL tho?

Fatcels don't count obviously.

23 inches

6’2 176lbs dyel

You are almost definitely not 23 inches unless you also happen to have a giant head (i.e. 99th+ percentile bizygomatic AND head breadth)

Idk how wide I am but I'm 6'5" and plane rides are a bitch literally no shoulder room and my knee is in the next person's asshole lmao