QTDDTOT - sunday edition

What excercises best to replace assisted dips and assisted chins (fatty needs assistance and new gym hasn't yet machine)?

Other urls found in this thread:

verywellfit.com/learn-pilates-exercises-to-help-decrease-back-pain-2704746
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Skipped a workout and wanna do some upper body exercises at home
What do I do beside planks, pushups and chair dips?

supermans

Copy pasting because I didn't get an answer in the previous thread

How do calories work, in the sense of over consumption? To clarify, I had a shit ton of alcohol and some food with friends yesterday and probably went like 1000-1500 over my diet of 1500. I weighed myself today and I actually weighed .2 less than I did yesterday. I want to think that I'm "in the clear" because I weighed less despite over consumption, but do calories "stick" and make it harder to lose when I overdo, or am I more or less in the clear if I already weigh less?

I'm in a position where I have to use the gym for a few hours today to kill time, however I did a full body workout yesterday (squats, bench and rack pulls). What lifts should I do so I'm not straining myself? Don't wanna do cardio because my legs kill.

if you had a shit ton of alcohol you way less because of all the water you lost does not mean you did not accumulated more fat

I just shaved my balls yesterday for the first time in a while, when will they stop itching?

Volume at a low percentage. Also nice trips
Negatives

I walk around a lot for my job. If I lift after work do I need to do a warm up for squats?

It's taking me 5 days to recover from squatting. I was squatting 3x5 120kg (1800kg volume), increasing 2.5kg twice weekly. I decided to focus on hypertrophy so I dropped the weight to 85kg and do 5x10. Turns out thats a volume of 4250kg and it really kicks my ass. I need to reduce my volume, but how do I do this and still focus on hypertrophy? I don't want to drop my squat weight to like 40kg to achieve the same volume I was doing at 3x5. Or is 3x5 enough for adding muscle mass on the squat? Because I'm definitely overtraining at the moment but I make all 50 reps at 85kg.

TL;dr, overtraining, should I reduce weight to maintain hypertrophy or lower reps and hope that's enough to still add muscle mass?

Why do certain exercises require more or less sets/reps than others?
I mean, I guess I understand that some may need more work overall, and there are differences between strength and hypertrophy, but how do you know exactly which muscles require more?

I want to create my own routine, but it seems impossible when I see lifting plans saying that the flat bench is done in 3x5, db press is 3x8, face pulls are 3x15-20 and calf raises are 4x12...

Why is this, and how does one figure it out? Is there a guide about this somewhere?

I'm thinking about putting a TV in my home-gym area. What are some Veeky Forums approved shows? Veeky Forumstists have shit like Initial D, but do Veeky Forumsizens have a decent show about lifting? Would be nice to watch something to keep me inspired while lifting.

either shave them again, or wait 3-4 days for the itch to go away. Waxing will last longer, btw.

you lost water.

Is it okay to eat this for breakfast everyday or is it too fattening?

I'm not looking to bulk. I'm a 66kgs female.

(oatmeal with ovaltine, 1 banana and muesli)

compounds are usually low rep tu build the strength. 8-12 are for muscles you want to look bigger. Above 12 are preventative damage or rehab( rotator cuffs for example)

Looks fine to me. As long as you're getting your macros/micros and close to your caloric target you should be fine.

Don't try and create your own routine unless you actually have lifting experience and have studied some programming - Practical Programming being essential reading. What's wrong with GSLP or any other beginner routine?

>12g of fat
>too fattening

I'm haven't had oatmeal since I was a baby and I read it makes you gain weight. Since I didn't like the taste when I tried it yesterday, I added ovaltine to it and grains. Keep in mind what you guys think not that high in calorie is not the same to me. I'm on a 1350 calorie diet (I exercise heavily) because I want to reduce my body fat to 12%.

**21%

Thanks

Well, I'm not really a beginner. I did use to lift quite a bit when I was younger, and had gone to the gym on and off over the years. I've just been slacking for a while, and forgot my old routines, and just wanted to come up with a new one.

All those beginner routines seem to focus on strength building, but I work construction, so it's kind of pointless for me. I've done nothing but worked labor and eat for the past 7 years or so. I don't need strength, I just need to lose weight and keep as much muscle mass as possible.

If anything it's carb heavy. Still though, should be fine.

what does the rest of your meal plan look like?

Just started working out doing SL. I'm a tall skeleton with absolutely no chest muscle, will bench be enough to fill it out?
Coupled with my long neck it makes my profile look really shit, but I'm afraid I'll fuck things up by doing too much because I'm impatient. Already hurt my shoulder which took forever to heal because I tried adding dips.

I do 90min of cardio in the morning (7AM) and in the late afternoon (around 6pm) either high intensity interval training or functional training, alternating through the week with 60min of pilates, yoga and lifting. I only have carbs in the morning, because I think it makes me more energized for cardio and eat protein and vegggies only for dinner and lunch.

Protein: usually baked 300g of baked fish fillet or chicken
Veggies: Almost 1kg of it. Depends on the day, but it's usually a mix of cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, tomato, lettuce, cucumber and carrots.

if the rest of your day is that low in fat the 12g in the morning is virtually nothing

samefag here
>eat protein and vegggies only for dinner and lunch.

meaning I don't eat carbs during the day/night

Dr wants me to abstain from creatine for 3 months until my next bloods. Realistically, how fast is creatine passed through the body and baseline levels are returned?

i went a little outside of my comfort zone on deadlifts and ended up rounding my back a little. now i can feel the compression in my spine, is there anything i can do to help alleviate it? I've done some dead arm hangs and thats about it. I'm planning on taking a small break til it gets better.

pilates exercises

verywellfit.com/learn-pilates-exercises-to-help-decrease-back-pain-2704746

If you happen to try to practice these exercises, do 3 minutes of each and just remember whenever you lift your body to inhale and when you lower it to exhale.

sit ups, side planks, ohp your dog

Should i stop squatting, and go with isolation if i have chronic knee pain I want to be able to run again?

Yes. However, you are better off swimming. Running will put an enourmous amount of pressure on your knees upon impact and it won't make a difference if either you are doing squats (which will make it worse) or not.

Is there another exercise that has the same knee crushing power than squatting or running?
Leg press?

Leg press, leg extensions, leg flexor, glute machine and even the exercises for glutes you raise your legs on all fours. All of those have huge impact on the knees. Swimming is good, because you get to work all your leg muscles without the joint pain or pressure on the knees.

My 600lb life

Alright
Thanks m8

What's the best app to keep track of sets, reps, and weight during a workout? I was using the PHAT app, but now I'm changing up my routine and I want to be able to link supersets

I don't know where you live, but when I'm running or biking I like to watch surf channels. People are always exercising and if it's not surfing, parkour is on, or swimming, stuff like that.

Looking at this OP, is there a difference between Glute bridges and regular neck bridges, or are glute bridges like a pussier version of neck bridges?

Can some people who say shit like "you don't need to isolate abs, your compound lifts are enough" PLEASE post a picture of your abs

Any tips for finding a good gym in the UK? The closest ones to me are a privately owned for 40(!) Pounds a month or Puregym for 25 which still seems kinda high desu. Puregym strikes me as a UK version of planet fitness

my puregym is totally fine, I go early mornings and it's only £15 a month, works out pretty cheap per session since I'm there 6 days a week

How many calories should one burn while doing an hour of cardio? Given that one is not trying to lose weight.

I am unironically retarded for not thinking of this. Thanks.

bump

as little as possible and then eat something to get back the calories you burnt

New to lifting, 5ft 10 135lbs. There is a click sound from my left leg when I squat. Feels like it might be in the knee/hamstring area. No pain though. Is this a problem?

I go bouldering (climbing) once per week for approx 2 hours. Should I avoid lifting the day before and after to ensure I am fully recovered? Currently I am working out about 5 days a week doing a three day split.

Not really. I had this same issue and I was basically lifting my toes slightly when squatting in my left foot. Try and focus on keeping the weight over midfoot and pressing through their, the old "weight through heel" cue caught me out and gave me some knee issues.

can you replicate the clicking sound without squatting or just by doing a squatting motion without weight?

what are some good meal plans for a 6'1 155lb lanklet

seems like my metabolism is shitting out the food faster than I can even eat it

People are going to bitch but I was having a real hard time increasing my eating habits. A dirty bulk for about 2 weeks helped me get my appetite up and after that I've been able to eat more. Obviously only do it to expand your stomach and stop as soon as you can eat enough to hit your goal so you don't get fat.

How do I get a big and muscular ass
No homo

How early? The off-peak package for me is from midnight to 5am

I get there about 6am-6:30am and work out for an hour to an hour and a half, I didnt have the option for any "packages" when I signed up, I've had the same membership for 2 years now

Hey brehs. I'm looking for a good aesthetics focused cutting program. Any recommendations?

Thanks user will try this.

Just tested it - it happens when i squat without any weight. Definitely coming from the knee area. I hurt this knee after falling 2 months ago, no pain now but I guess there could be some cartilage damage or something.

As a small grill (just 100 lbs) what martial arts/self defense can I take that will actually teach me how to defend myself? I'm fucking terrified of being raped or some shit.

I've taken Krav Maga and Kickboxing and they were shit

Hah, that shit happens to me sometimes. No clicking with heavy weight, just light weight.

You might want to try knee sleeves, even if I have no knee problems i still work out with them

possibly, I mean my knees crack when I straighten them sometimes but I've never injured them, some joints just click

Fatty, 196lbs, 6'2", 21yrs
Trying to accelerate my weight loss through OMAD by doing some cardio.
I ran 250 metres 10 minutes ago and I'm still gasping for air. I initially thought that since I'm running on so little energy from OMAD, and since I've pretty much been sedentary for 2 years, it's normal to feel so exhausted, but I wanted to double check here.
Is getting so tired from such a short distance indicative of an unrelated health issue, or is it just a matter of trying again every day until I improve?

Move to a white nuclear family suburb.

I've been counting cals and all that and just ate a pizza from dominos. Seriously considered purging. Does that mean I have another mental illness now?

I tried doing pec flies for the first time the other day. Felt like every tendon in my upper body was going to snap. Does this get better over time?

I'm not that light weight, but I take both jiu jitsu and muay thai. I love both! You should try them and see which you like better.

Get a gun
There's absolutely no martial art that will help a 100lbs girl defend herself and fighting back will just provoke the attacker

Hello Veeky Forums, I wonder when is the best time to do daily workout (morning or after a working day) & what are the best exercises for a full body workout ?

Can I do my stretches in the morning without affecting my workout in the evening or should I wait till after my workout?

I’m 1,76 m tall (or short). Currently I weigh 83 kg. I’m bulking to about 85-87 kg. Once I hit my goal weight I’m gonna cut to somewhere around 75 kg.
How much weight can I safely lose each week without losing too much muscle?

This If it's legal, get yourself a concealed carry setup. Nothing else will stop you from getting raped if someone's made up their mind, and even then you need the situational awareness to pull out your gun before getting jumped.

Here's the #1 rule to keep in mind at all times, doing so reduces your chance of rape by around 90%
>Around blacks, never relax

Technically yes, you have bulimia nervosa if you take part in binge eating and purging.
It isn't a huge deal though if it's infrequent. The physochological and dental side effects only really occur in people who engage in binging and purging nearly every week or less for extended periods of time. Just don't make a habit out of it.
I misread a nutrition sheet at a restaurant and ended up eating twice the calories and 5x the carbs I wanted to have. Purged as soon as I got home, had some mouthwash, and my subsequent weigh-in the next morning was saved.
I'd say purge only after a really big dietary mistake or lapse in judgement/sense. Absolutely berate and shame yourself afterwards though, if you get addicted to eating whatever you want because you think you can save yourself by throwing up every time, you're going to fuck your mind and body up.

My bad, misread. You said "considered". No, you don't have a mental illness if you didn't actually go through with it.

Is there any benefit to frequent long walks? Or is cardio only beneficial if you're jogging at the least?

What is my body fat % ? im 5'7 170cm 69kg, already lost 20 kg, i want to lose 5 more kg to go to 64 kg and then start bulking, am i doing good? any advices? should i cut more or less? 64 kg? bf% in pic please? thanks

It's too late Chris Pratt, we know it's you.

? ok dont care my dude, any help ?

i took a visit to snap city 3 years ago and quit lifting since then, i started again two months ago and the pain seems to radiate my lower back as soon as i set the bar down after heavy squats and deadlifts. am i fucked? i didnt get it checked out back then bcus of stupidity

Try measuring tape for calculating bf%, you aren't going to get anything useful from strangers eyeballing a couple pictures.

ok thanks, i thought i was 14-15% i guess im aroind 20% dammit

cool, both of these were my top choice

not legal where i live

I'm going to start doing the big four compound lifts while following a beginner's program like SL or SS. I'm almost done cutting, but I still have some fat I have to burn off. How much will it affect my lift weight progression if I cut while doing this? Can I still get noobie gains?

bump

anyone?

Yes you will still get noob gains.

I imagine bench dips and lat pull downs would be adequate? Maybe grip the pull down bar with the same grip?

So would it be viable to cut while doing SL/SS until the summer is over, and bulk for the rest of the year? My stats are 5'6, 135lbs and 15% body fat, but I still got the lower dadbod and some vestiges of bitch tits.

Thank you user for replying by the way.

What would a db ohp with 45lb's be equivalent to with a bb?

The only thing I can tell you from these pics is that it looks like you have scoliosis. Stop standing like that or see a dr

How do I count calories and fats on oils?
if I use 10g of olive oil do I truly get those 10g?

since it's so highly in kcals in just two meals of using olive oil for cooking I could be like 200kcals and some g of fat under my macros

kind of rambling here but hope someone can deduce from the autism

in order to develop your chest, you basically have to do bench press, that's all you can do. sure, most people who are normal weight will get some mass in their chest, but to really make it bigger you have to do bench press

so how do people on Veeky Forums expect that a pretty skinny person will have any sort of chest development?

Can anyone recommend a good routine for aesthetics to run on a cut?

could use more protein

ps: are you sure ovaltine doesn't have any carbs or fat?

>Fixing lordosis
>hamstring stretch

I think I understand where youre coming from fellow autist. Warm up with pushups so you can get the "mind muscle connection." Once youre able to actually use your pectorals instead of shoulders/triceps you'll see better (actual) results.

Widen your grip when doing push-ups or bench press and focus on the chest muscle.
For the nutrition part just do a clean bulk and count your calories to see if you are eating enough

what did she mean by this, Veeky Forums?

she was expecting you to say 'Yeah..?' but you didn't so she played it off

Or she told her friend you're cute and they stole her phone when she was in the bathroom