Never

By Brodin has Broki tricked you

No cardio

Ever

Never, lmao at your nogains, soyboy.

After

But isn’t that how you get fat strong

never

OP everyone in this thread saying never do cardio is going to die from heart disease in their early 20s

The real answer is to do high rep squats 3 times a week. Maintain this until you feel discomfort in your tendons, then decrease to 2 days a week. After a week up it to 4 days a week. Greatest cardio of my life, never ran before but then did a marathon in sub 2 hours from this program

We’re all gonna make it bro

I think just doing it right after is the way to minimize the gains-killing. 30min run after leg day, 30min swim after push and pull days. Take a total off day after each and you're Chad forever.

>sub 2 hour marathon
>world record is 2:02:57
a sub 2 hour half marathon sounds pretty unbelievable for someone that just squats 4 times a week, considering running is high impact cardio and you've never done it before.

>Train every muscle

>Except the one that literally fills them with blood and allows them to work better

How pleb can you get Veeky Forums

>Nike tried breaking the 2 hour benchmark on a perfect circuit with the lightest shoes ever made and top athletes
>Didn't even make it

>believing anything posted on Veeky Forums
What’s next, people unironically run the Texas Method?

Yes but choose for it a day of its own.
I do cardio and abwork on the weekend, it feels pretty good.

How do i know you are doing SS?

I do it after. If the anons saying never do cardio are American, then I’m ashamed of my fellow countrymen.

>2 days of cardio a week
Is this a joke

after

You can do 15 minutes before of cardio as a good warmup. On "rest days" I do like 25 minutes but want to work up to longer.

Cardio work is very beneficial to everyone, people saying it "kills gains" have their priorities imbalanced. Even if it could, I mean, NOT sliding kills gains, doesn't mean its a good idea

On leg day: never
Other than leg day: break it up because cardio is cumulative. 20 minutes is 20 minutes whether it is 5 minutes at a time or 20 minutes in one go. I run 10 minutes before and walk 10 minutes after.

Sliding=roiding autocorrect

ugly african

is 4 days cardio a week for 25 mins at moderate intensity good? Currently bulking and im doing cardio right after weightlifting.

And its a good thing.

I do like 10 mins of HIIT to warm up

>Lifting in the morning
>Going out for a run in the evening

Thoughts, lads?

Pretty based

1 mile before and 1 mile after. Gotta keep them lungs and heart strong.

It can be a decent warm up if you very easy enough to get your heart rate up. Otherwise, doing cardio after lifting can help with recovery.

If you're restricting the cardio to non lifting days, sounds OK to me. If you're pushin hard to make consistent progress on a routine it may help to limit to 3 days a week so that you get a legit entire rest day once in a while. Personally I think cardio is pretty important so I don't see much wrong with it either way. It'll get easier as you do it, too.

It's pretty bizarre, ain't it.

Depends on the type of cardio. A nice 10 minute jog to warm up before you lift? Sure. Actually running or treadmill sprinting before? Nah.

So many new fags getting trolled by the no cardio. When will Tiny see his parents? Never.

that’s what you want idiot

During

/thread

that’s only the record for anyone not training with cardio squats you idiots

Enjoy your no health gains, fatty.

Do not do it, OP. Cardio ruins all gains.

>finally get 1/2/3/4
>decide I want some heart gains after people telling me it will help my gains
>go up to the elliptical
>start out
>10 minutes in, muscles start to shrink
>gymbro hurries over to me
>"STOP user! THE CARDIO IS TAKING AWAY ALL OF YOUR GAINS!"
>ignore him and continue on
>20 minutes in, all muscle mass gone
>still trying to get back all my gains for the past year
>not even close to 1/2/3/4
Fuck you whoever suggested I do cardio for recovery.

that's what I do

After. Especially if you prefer lifting.

So cardio at least 3 times a week for 30-45 minutes at a time if you aren't planning on getting faster or anything.

I like to run so if you run do so at a slow, conversational pace so you're not tiring yourself out and hating life.

Im doing it only on lifting days after im done with my workout (don't have much time). Also I want to bulk but want i to be clean, also i enjoy running.

Offday

>Muh health
Am laffin real hard now

How do you lift without recruiting the heart muscle?

I do 15 mins jog before workouts to warmup.

after. the thing is that you get blood flowing so your body recovers from lifting faster. Don't overdo it though. You shouldn't feel exhausted or anything. Little sweat and heartbeats and ur good.

Is running 5k once a week enough for general fitness?

Running a marathon in less than four hours is extremely hard for anybody who isn't a runner-build stick. Running in less than 2 hours has never been done before. That would mean maintain a pace just over 13mph for two straight hours. You did a half marathon at best.

after lifting, when you do cardio your body pumps blood to your organs which where is needed the most, if you lift after cardio you muscle won't get enough blood to work properly you won't be as strong that session and your gains will suffer, if you do cardio after lifting you will suffer the same effect to your cardio gains, it's better to do you cardio on a separated session like next day or at night if you train in the morning, but if you train on seprated days than your cardio sessions need to be more intense, so to save time and effort just do it after lifting, but don't do light or moderated cardio do high intensity, just 10 minutes is enough and dont forget to stretch at the end of your workout

During

7 days a week I run a mile in the morning for time, 5 min warmup, and then fast walk an incline for ten or so minutes. I do heavy lifting 4 days a week in the afternoon. Been doing this for about a month and just eating a bit more while still cutting. No issues yet.

Cardio at mornings and lifts at the evening.
Sometimes cardio after lifting, but nothing crazy, maybe just 40 minutes of jogging

5k is like 30 minutes of SLOW running. Are you fucking kidding me?

after

doing it before will affect your lifts, see:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1qYhkL468o

>that run-on sentence

Why should we believe an illiterate?

Even Eddie motherfucking Hall was a professional swimmer before he started strongman training. Cardio will not kill your gains.

who ever you believe or not on the internet is up to you man, also english is not my first language, i would appreciate that instead of critizing me you would correct me, but then again this is Veeky Forums how can i expect a comunitie interaction on the internet,

dont run on the same day, if you're focusing on strangth. If you're focusing on cardio/dont care then whatevz, I do beforehand.

How about you combine cardio with something useful? Join a boxing gym and you will learn what cardio means, and it feels great.

I'm doing HIIT on an eliptical for 15-30 minutes every single day. On lift days, I'm doing it before I lift. Trying to cut, and it's helping a lot.

Never

I'm going to add cardio on top of lifting for 2 hours+ 5 days a week. Is that stupid?

I don't necessarily disagree. But he went to failure on back to back days. I'd think the fact that he did 23 reps of pulls to failure the day before would also play a large role. Right?

>Before
He realised his wrongs and corrected himself. You won't win this time gains goblin, go thief off someone else.

After. Why tire yourself out before your lifts?

Does anyone here actually have first-hand experience losing gains after doing more cardio? I'm pretty sure it's bullshit so long as you're not overdoing it or coupling it with an insane calorie deficit.

I do cardio after lifting. Lift in the morning, second session at night for cardio.

fpbp

These

Kind of this but without the stretching after the workout. Stretching also makes vasoconstriction and thus your muscles get less fresh blood after the session and transport of metabolic waste in your muscles will dip as well. Stretch a few hours after working out, best time to stretch is before going to bed.

2 hardcore 4 me

1.) Do your cardio as far away from your weights workout as you can, with 6 hours minimum being a good guide. This allows you to both train at your strongest or properly replete and recover from training without cardio interfering.

2.) If you MUST do cardio and lifting at the same time and if muscle mass is your NUMBER ONE GOAL by far, do cardio first. It should be very low intensity and not more than about 30 minutes. This allows for best recovery from your weight training with minimal interference.

3.) If your goals are ANYTHING other than getting maximally jacked or staying jacked, do cardio after training. You'll be doing enough cardio then that doing it before training will have a very poor effect on training intensity.

4.) Nutrient timing and cardio: for PURE fatloss and muscle retention, a small bolus of lean protein before cardio can spare muscle without interfering much with fat loss. Avoid carbs before cardio.

5.) For anything other than muscle retention as your number one goal, eat carbs before cardio with your protein to fuel best performances.

I never start with cardio. I do tend to end my workouts with it though, if I have any energy left.
Running as fast as I can, or rowing as fast as I can, during an entire song, while you're really pumped feels great when you exhaust yourself.

Ehhh maybe, how do you have thatmuch free time?

>cardio is cumulative
this doesn't make sense at all
cardio for 20mins straight is harder than 5minutes at a time.

mentally maybe, but not physically provided you perform it with the same effort

I workout every day and I do 45 minutes to an hour of cardio almost everyday after as well. I just like it.

meh. just eat between cardio and lifting.
thats all. you can do cardio EVERYDAY.
i run 6km 6days a week in the morning, i can do all lifts and even more cardio later on in the day. just refill with some good complex carbs and protein, wait 3-4 hours and your good. it even enhances recovery

the people who never cardio are weak fat pussys

you don't need to run , at all
but it sure helps

>avoid carbs before cardio

something like a banana before workouts with cardio included ?

can you link sources to your claims?
actually, just never mind. you're fucking retarded, and everyone who reads your shit post knows how fucking whack it is.

doing cardio apart from lifting with a meal between has NO negative influence on muscle building. unless you run for 4hours straight on an empty stomach and completely deplete your glycogen stores.

Somebody redpill me on high intensity interval training. Is it /ourcardio/?

>not doing forward jumping squats(5x5) while on a treadmill

its like you guys here on Veeky Forums never want to make it

yes. increases testerone by ALOT. very taxing in the beginning though. it's gonna be your leg workout for a few weeks if you are new to it.
it also slows down aging, gives you a stronger heart and immune system, more oxygen and so on. its literally the best form of training EVER.

>using a muscle indirectly and at a low capacity is the same as directly training it
Retarded

>*has heart attack*

source is Mike Israetel

>very taxing in the beginning
Bitch I don't give a flying fuck, I'm here for results and I don't care how much it kills me to get them.

it's really fucking simple: do what your care about the most first

you should do it.
but it's harder then lifting and regular cardio. you have to give one hundred percent, with good technique. the better you are trained, the longer you have to do it.

Hillsprints are what i do, they are GOAT.

before, it gets me warmed up and oxygen in body

Whichever you do last will suffer in quality

not if you space it and eat between.
and yeah, if you do HIIT sprinting upphill for an hour, maybe your leg day will suffer.

but 5-10km chill jogging running? nigger you can do that shit twice a day and it wouldn't affect your lifts, given you are an intermediate.

Same here bro. We are going to make it

>farmers carry two pl8s around the gym

I’m set for cardio right?

Memes aside cardio with hills is fucking amazing for growing your leg mass.

fpbp

My nigga that is my routine.

I'm a military fag and work from 12 to 9. It is the GOAT schedule, nothing better than waking up at 8 to lift and going for a jog after work to blow off steam.

Is tsuboy natty?

Before.
I do a 2km run everytime I go to the gym. I feel great and my health is better than never.

How about if I'm trying to lose weight? Won't a work out followed by HIIT help me?