Pendlay VS Bent Over

Which is better for building joocy lats?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GG6EjB3ZVf4
youtube.com/watch?v=N9m4KcmwwDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SNNNNAAAP

Id say bent, cheat rows are fine too. If you do pendlays your low back is gonna limit you

Bent-over barbell is usually pretty good for getting wide as fuck.

damn rip arnold
30 years too soon

I alternate them. Weighed, wide-grip pull ups are better than both.

bent over with underhand grip

They work lats but emphasis is strongly on upper back. If you want to build lats you need to be pulling down, not up

Lats are made by pulling down. Lays also work 2 distinctly different ways: 1)extension (like chin ups ot lat pushdowns, arms in front) and 2) adduction (like lat pull down, arms to side)

Why not both? I do pendlay once a week and bent over once a week. Pendlay for strength. Bent over rows for volume.

>If you do pendlays your low back is gonna limit you
You got that reversed babe

weighted pullups

Bent, you green fag. The only people who do pendlay are idiots. You want a wide back, youll get a better stretch on your lats with bent.

kek

rip bicep tendons

hello bicep tear

What about Yates Rows?

>t. dyel

no he doesn't. the higher your torso angle, the less you will be limited by the posterior chain

>Weighted pull ups
>works back
>zero chance of injury or lower back issues
BB rows are literally for bad babies

I deadlift well above 4plajeet. My posterior chain certainly won't hold me back when rowing 2 plates.

I always hated rows, bent over row, pendlay row, seal row. It never felt good doing them. Although I knew how crucial they were to back development, I always avoided rowing. Until I started with t bar rows, and now its probably my favorite exercise. I exercise my back every workout, alternating between weighted chin ups and HEAVY t-bar rows. Bodyweight chinups I do every workout, of course. 4-5 sets of 10 or so, not going to crazy unless I specifically train my back that day. The t-bar row feels the most natural and all you need is a corner, a barbell, this grip thing and weights.
Funnily enough, Arnie's favorite back exercise was the t bar row.
youtube.com/watch?v=GG6EjB3ZVf4

Ronnie loved them as well
youtube.com/watch?v=N9m4KcmwwDE