New QTDDTOT

New QTDDTOT
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
Old one is full.

We know that you should try to row as same as you bench for balanced torso. Is there something similar to determine imbalances between quads and hamstrings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DWmGArQBtFI
youtube.com/watch?v=a_9VONIeBYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

M-my lower back is sore when I do high bar squats because I lean forward, but it's almost impossible to keep my back perfectly straight when I do them. Should I just do low bar squats, or is this usual? Also wuld just doing leg presses be good enough for legs?

youtu.be/DWmGArQBtFI

how do I get arms like pic related?

how do I increase grip strength

Deadlift

Jelqing

Rock climbing and forearm shit
Is that an actual alien
The video is helpful, but my pain is in towards the center of my back and a little bit up compared to the place in the video. It's like an inch off my spine

How much is a plate when referring to 1/2/3/4? 25? 50? 100?

45 pounds

Does anyone have those collages of Veeky Forums doing Scooby's pose or the Sex in the City gym shorts dress?

1 plate on one side, 1 on either, 2 on 1 side one on the other and 2 on either

Keto + IF

I think he meant the units of weight itself, user.

man that fetus is jacked as fuck

Carry groceries home instead of putting them in a car
Buy a hand squeezer
Do preacher curls and wrist curls
Don't use straps when lifting heavy

1 plate on one side, 1 on either, 2 on 1 side one on the other and 2 on either

I'm getting a little annoyed at the insecurity of some people.

I'm no where near big enough to be on gear not that there's anything wrong with that to begin with. Just because you've fucked around at the gym and obviously eat like shit doesn't mean anyone that makes appreciable gains is somehow cheating.

I have milk protein intolarance, so I1ve been looking for some alternatives.

The guys in the store told me my best choice best after whey is beef protein powder. However I have read its basically collagen and gelatin.
Whats the truth guys? Is it any good? Am i fucked without milk proteins?

Try soy

I heard egg isn't too bad, just kinda pricey

I'm having a similar problem, I was thinking about just moving on to leg presses

Get whey ISOLATE, it's less than 1% lactose.

How safe/stable are those spotter attachments you can get for racks? I don't want my obituary to have "last heard screaming lightweight baby" or "c'mon" in it.

Why the fuck does whey protine make me fart so bad. Last night my gf slept on the couch because she said I was making her eyes water

lactose is not the problem, its milk protein, basically whey itself and casein

Fly machine or Incline DB bench for chest accessory?

Yah that's what I was thinking, either that or low bar squat. The question is, will those workouts give me the joocy quads I need?

Why not both?

I've thought of the same question and am thus training myself to do finger pushups.

What other types of finger conditioning would you try? Stuff like karate finger training? Striking pots of sand?

is it better to take a protein shake of many scoops every couple days, so that you're exercising in a more exhausted state/protein deficit up until u drink it, or is it better to just take a few scoops after every work out, and not exercise at a protein deficit?

I've noticed that if I protein after a few days of gym, the next morning, I look noticeably bigger, maybe the body uses the protein more efficiently because it's starved for it?

any science to this?

Squat lower weight with higher reps.
3x10 for example.
Legs are VERY responsive to high volume, so you'll get stronger.
Low weight/high reps also tends to correct muscle imbalances in my experience.

Ok thanks dude also, should I just continue doing high bar squats? I feel like I have kinda shitty ankle mobility so I lean forwards a little bit

How fast can you actually lose your gains? If I haven't lifted since thursday and ate like shit over the weekend should I expect significant strength and size losses?

What program would be good to switch from strength (6months of GSLP) to hypertrophy ?

Get weightlifting shoes with nice heels.

coolcicada PPL

This and SBDs helped me improve my ATG squat immensely

Okay, are there any cheep ones? I heard they are pretty pricey

Buy a pair of adipowers used if money is a problem.They have the best heel imo.

Thanks, it looks nice, but would changing some exercices be bad or it's doable ? For example, chin-ups or pull-ups instead of lat pulldowns ?

Ok thanks man will do

Powerlift 3.1's aren't half bad and can be very cheap on Amazon if you have the right size and are lucky.

Got mine for like $35

how does one keep the pump until hes in the club

1×F slut curls
1×F slut ohp

Fasting right now. All of Dunkin Donuts' black coffee is listed as 10 calories on their site. Do they put anything into it or something? OK to drink on a fast?

should you even bother to start lifting if youre a 5'5" manlet or there is absolutely will not make a difference at this height? asking for a friend

Yeah I've switched it up a bit. I do weighted pullups instead of lat pulldown and I think it has done more for my lats

That being said, only switch things up if you know what you're doing

I'm just starting out in the gym for the first time in years, and if there is one thing I knouw about lifting weights, is that I fucking love deadlifts.
I'm thinking about starting with the SL routine and doing 5x5 deadlifts and doing the squats after, thoughts?

Don't do that

Okay cool. I think I'll just switch one or two exercices, like pullups instead of lat pulldown and dips for tri, along with adding the DL to back days. Thanks for the advice !

godspeed broski

What fitness tracker app for IOS would Veeky Forums recommend?

What kind of cardio training would you lads suggest to an idiot who's been lifting for two years but does absolutely 0 cardio other than walking?

ever tried oly lifting shoes? seriously. I cant do high bar squats without them.

When I do Romanian Deadlifts I cant feel it in my hamstring, usually I just feel it in my back and arms. But I'm keeping my knees bent as little as possible and going down as far as I can. What am I doing wrong?

I lost a fair bit of weight 2017 and now I'm stuck with some loose skin. What ab and core workouts do you guys suggest to help tighten up my stomach skin?

Hey Veeky Forums
I can't seem to be able to hold my breath for more than 15 seconds when doing stomach vacuums. How do I improve that. I do a lot of cardio so my cardiovascular system is pretty correct (I run 10k 3 times a week)

drop the weight and try to keep your back as straight as possible . That worked for me . Think of your hammys as pistons in a car when you do it

I've practiced with a broom stick when I wasn't in the gym and I could feel the stretch, but as soon as I put any weight on the bar even just the bar the stretch isn't their. I feel like my back is straight.

Any advice for getting more deadlifts in my program?

Try to lower the weight and focus on your hamstrings. Also, you can bent your knees a bit.

Depends. Plank, crunches, weighted crunches, any kind of leg raise.

It's just psychological. Get some prots after every workout.

If you can't do both, and have shoulder issues, fly machines or cable cross over. DB flies are ok but can lead to shoulders injury on a bench. Not on the floor though.

Unronically just squeeze the bar harder

What are Veeky Forums's favorite oblique & lower abs exercises, & how often do you train them?

Really need to fucking start working my obliques because I've been neglecting them for years, and now that I'm at a lower body fat %, it's painfully obvious.

Paloff press and windshield wipers

Yeah try dropping the weight bro or start with dumbbells and go slow . Your back starts to take over cause its to heavy.

Also if you have long legs and a short torso like me . Try to keep your chest closer to your knees when you bend over

youtube.com/watch?v=a_9VONIeBYU

Post butt plz

I like dumbell russian twists, ob dumbell raises and hanging crunches, personally.

Thanks guys. Should I just do all of these or just pick a few of them, and can I train every day or is it better to train only a few times a week?

yes. you are going to have start all over.

Greenpilled footwear?

Have been greenpilled on gait and body posture for quite a while now, and lm very comfortable walking with the fore foot strike -- when barefoot. This is very hard with most modern shoes.

So what l need is something flexible, with a very thin sole that doesn't force a heel strike gait.

Just pick a few and do them the same day you do bench

Anyone know where I can find the nutritional information for Lidls high protein rolls? There's nothing on the website?

Chucks

would you rather be short and strong or short and also a weak little bitch?

el bumpo

I want to get fit at home within 6-12 months, I'm thinking 3 days weight lifting and cardio on rest days what should I buy?
>weight bench
>barbell
>dumbbells
>exercise bike
anything else?

someone recommended wrist and ankle weights but I'm unsure if he was memeing me?

nope
Chucks are too stiff and don't easily allow the foot to naturally angle downwards to strike with the ball

FitNotes is a great app!

Mine do okay

Do you forefoot walk too? Don't you find the sole too thick and stiff to properly bend the foot?
l also find that with regular canvas shoes the back drives into my achilles as l angle down

Dumbells, pull up bar and a bench. And read a fuckton, so you know whst the fuck youre doing, since there will be a weight plateau, so you will have to learn how to increase intensity by exercises, like doing supersets and the likes

Wrist/ankle weights are pretty much useless.
A gym membership would cost you way less money.
But otherwise yes bench, BB, DB, weights, if you have the resources, something to squat (rack, half rack, power rack, instead of bench press stand). Also a pull up bar (or just the power rack, it has some bar attached).
For cardio, either bike or elliptical, and running outside.
And follow a real beginner program, either SS, SL, GSLP, whatever.

Anyone?

Should I take Aikido classes?
I'm shy and timid, highly introverted, bad at learning physical things. I would love to learn it alone at home but with martial arts that's pretty ineffective. I want to learn it for larping purposes (to become the anime) and fitness. I had a few classes during college and learned the basics, I can do simple throws, but I kept falling incorrectly. My body is somewhat weak with bad knees, but I'm in decent shape. It's $50/month so easily affordable. They have a beginner course, 6 weeks for $30. Downside is I may be moving in 6 months and not sure if I'd be able to continue it in the new place.
Yes/no?

Should I do madcow 5x5 when trying to lose weight and gain back old strength? I used to lift a lot 3 years ago, got to about 3 pl8 bench and 4 pl8 squat/deadlift all for 5rm, but have since not lifted much and got fat. Plan on losing about 50-80lbs, but is it possible to gain back some of that strength along the way? If not madcow 5x5, what might be better?

I can't do deadlift with too much weight just because I can't hold the bar

I'm not sure how to word this, but do all plates fit all bars? Are they all the same diameter? So I can hit up eBay for some cheap real plates now I can't fit enough shitty 20 year old vinyls on it.

Also, is there a way to find out how much weight my bar can cope with?

Say yes to everything. You'll be surprised how much your life will improve.

My left arm is much weaker than my right arm. What should I do?
When doing curls I can do 15 reps with the right arm, but the left one starts to hurt after 3 or 4 and I can't do more than 8 with the same weight.
I already tried to fap with the left hand but that doesn't seem to make any diference so far...

I mean l don’t do it normally but walking around just now it seems fine

Does creatine help with strength or just size?

Better grip strength you say?
I want you to load up a bar with what you consider half of your working DL set and hold that shit as long as you can 30-50s then rest and repeat 2 more times.
Do this at the end of your workout because it will wreck your ability to grab things first time you do it
Really helped my grip

Not a bad reply. Now that winter is ending maybe I should sign up for it. Alright thanks user.

Your not supposed to be able to hold it for too long far as I know. You’re literally removing air from your lungs to create a vacuum so makes sense that holding your breath with no air would be a lot harder than taking a deep breath and holding that

neither except some intracellular water weigth, so some size I guess

Its for the regeneration between sets

Should I be eating whey every day? I have the ON one with BCAAs and so on.

Recently hurt my right pec. Not sure if it was from benching or doing dips but either way it hurt to use it at all. Took 2 weeks off chest work and now it only hurts when doing dips but I've lost some strength on bench. How should I regain my strength? I was doing 5/3/1 but I had to stop in the middle of a cycle.

Both. Creatine increases water uptake for muscles making them appear larger and also allowing you to push your self more on your lifts for strength gains