Plg powerlifting general

Pls post 1 good thing that's happened recently ty

I’ve been on a cut and I’m finally back to 300# DL. Feels good man

kg right?

OK this has to be kilos, no one who is that weak posts about noob gains on /plg/, right?

>#
>asks if kg
muh reading comprehension

Stretch marks I've had for 4 years have almost gone away yay

Got a uni scholarship as a middle class white male

@garagebro/anyone who knows anything about steroids (catabolic, not anabolic).

I'm gonna be on prednisone for the next ~8 weeks (mild ulcerative colitis flare up), and everything I've seen and heard online says it will ruin your gains. Is this true, and if so is there any way to counter it/reduce the gains I lose?

pulled off a 505lb squat weighing under 180, nosebleed was minimal

Great job

Im eating 600 carbs starting monday

>not chugging down coca cola during training
DO YOU EVEN PUMP

Im getting my carbs from real food mostly + some jellies and energy drinks

how

I MEAN DURING TRAINIGN

I would rather eat high ig stuff like raisins or some light to disgest shakes

I need to try that now

I dont take corticosteroids

Best case scenario it just makes you bloated

Youre guna be on for a long time, there may be some bone density reduction

What does PR refer to here? It looks like press but its not spelled that way on day 3

just a typo.
it's The Press

it means personal record. you have to set a new 3RM on all 8 lifts

Rate week

Mon:
Squat w/belt work up to 1@8, than 3x5 with 78%
Bench 2ct paused work up to 1@8, than 5x5 78%
Off the floor paused dl work up to 3x4 @9
7 min of machine rows AMRAP

Wed
2ct paused squat to 3x4 @8
CGBP work up to 3x8 @8
Barbell rows work up to 3x8 @8
Dumbell shoulder Press to 3x12 @8

DL w/belt 1@8 than 78% 3x5
3ct paused bench 6x4 @8
Front squat 3x6 @8
7 min machine row AMRAP

>The Press

>7 min of machine rows AMRAP
nice

cute jellyfish you got there brah

For Cameron

I dont like all 3 lifts in a day, you wont be able to progress as fast

Also wtf is 7mins of rows?

I meant you just have 7 mins to do rows, whatever you want

Ye I want to progress big 3

Time

Why no unilateral movements? Dumbbell rows are great for back.

In this 7 mins I could do whatever hits back and is not taxing

I did 100 reps of rows in 3 minutes yday and was absolutely fucked

Meadow rows/one handed cable rows

isnt that a tranny?

So less time?

Oh. Kroc rows tax a lot.
Meadows rows are cool too.

Yes.

>pull cheaty ed coan style semi-sumo with narrow feet
>can comfortably do 5pl8 x3
>decide to fix form and do proper upright sumo with wider feet
>spend a week stretching
>warm up properly
>get to 4pl8
>do 5 reps
>tear BOTH groins

WHAT THE FUCK

I have never done sumo precisely because of this. It looks like easy way to tear groin.

you guys are fucking retarded

lmaoooo idiot

Gonna die driving home :(

>a born biological female is bigger than me because of modern technology and medicine
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

>1 good thing that's happened recently

We're doing an installation (I install planetariums) for a sweet old lady at a high school, and when she saw our lighting system, she said, "well that's worth a half million right there!"

That was nice.

Take it slow, user. Text us when you get home.

Everyone was telling me it's so much safer

I want to die I can barely fucking walk

>1 good thing that's happened recently ty
Nothing good ever happened to me.

Then I'll make up that you got married and lived happily ever after

Who /lookdownduringlowbar/ here

>I install planetariums
Sounds like an awesome job, what kind of planetariums? How big? Who typically wants them?

White whale holy grail

>MFW weight myself using gym scale all the time
>comfy 75 kg
>buy digital scale from wilko because you finally want to track and calculate your accurate TDEE
>step on the scale for the first time
>77kg

REEEEEEEEEE, JUST

>77kg
london?

>Pls post 1 good thing that's happened recently ty
a girl smiled at me today

my shoulder feels better and i got mired by a crossfit milf

Aight cheers my man, hoping it'll just be minimal bloating (meant to be competing in 3 weeks)

I'm on Adcal D-3 (calcium carbonate and vitamin D3) to help counter the bone density loss

>Sounds like an awesome job

It's cool, but the cons are just as big as the pros. Not many people last more than a few years, I've heard. I've been in it just about five months now.

Constant travel means no girlfriend, no pets, you can't see your friends regularly, you miss a lot of family stuff, and training/diet suffers. Also, long hours (12-15 hour days are common on site) fuck with sleep and training. All this for mediocre pay (I make 10-20k USD less than my engineering classmates).

But still, I travel on someone else's dime and build planetariums, which is pretty sweet.

>what kind of planetariums? How big?

Video projection. Dome diameters range from 10 feet (holding a handful of people) to around 90 feet (holding a few hundred).

>Who typically wants them?

Mostly museums and universities. Occasionally we get a rich high school or something.

he was born a man, then underwent hormone therapy

+450 wilks in a year

Pls be 140cm tall.

Thanks to rows?

why are people using rpe to judge working sets weights when they should be using it to judge how hard the set that was planned is

Beacuse it works for me, 78% of my max at 5 feel mostly 8. If getting 1@8 before it im pretty sure it will be @8

What is the obsession with beeing chunky lad on this board? Is it really impossible to get stronger while staying relatively lean?

Just look at the twinkshits that are lean and can't do 4/3/5 at least. You can be lean but only if you actually have a base.

Why are you eating 600g carbs?

Depends on height, but for twink its not.

listen up brainlet you use rpe to estimate your daily max and then use percentages to calculate working weights

Its genius and easy as fk

Beacuse Energy? Im just starting at it p. Sure there will be week of 800. Determined to nearly fill 120kg weight class this year

So the propa way is to build good strength base and go from there?

How do I get over the fear of beeing fat again? As a former fat guy that's my biggest fear and I'm literally afraid of eating more.
But I know I would be fine this time now that I actually train, but still, there is a mental blockade that prevents me from doing it. So I'm stuck in phase of beeing skinny fat weak manlet. Just kill me lads

Are you a big guy? What special polish product that you use in your diet? Might go to polish shop and get something if you guys got anything good?

Overcome your fears with a program that has been tested over the years and everybody knows it works. You say you are skinny-fat, does that mean you haven't even completed the LP phase? Do SS, follow with madcow/texas method to squeeze out all the noob gains left and after that you'll be intermediate. If you don't want to stay an eternalmediate, do 5/3/1.
Every month there's a new trend in powerlifting. This time it's reducing the weight on the bar if you feel sad. You can do that, or any other trend that will follow, and stay weak. Or you can do these proven programs and get strong.

191cm talk. Twink at 100kg and lean. ATM I dont go after polish cuisine beacuse its rich in fats and Im mailu carbs.

Just eat a lot of rice problem solved

>WAWTT
Probably just some stretching desu.

>WAWET
Cheese and deli meat.

>WAWLTT
Panda Riot.

>WAWFT
A little dehydrated desu.

Lmao nope, rice maybe 1x week

Been training for two years. But mostly fucking around the gym. Still making some gainz on Canditos 6 week lp

>2018
>still suggesting low volume routines to "beginners"

Safe riding dude, you uk?

We've had this discussion regarding volume like yesterday. People do more than they need, and when they stall they can't increase their volume. Now tell me this. If I ask how much you increased you bench last year, will you say 30kg by doing 5/3/1, or will you hang your head in shame?

>not eating rice every day
Literally give me one reason

Actually 35kgs last year and i never did 5/3/1 im different guy tho

wendler's shit is a ripoff, and ball-less, don't do it, do bfs bigger faster stronger instead

bfs bigger faster stronger is a program that's been around since 1976 and wendler lifted using it when playing football, it's used by thousands of high schools and hundreds of colleges nationwide
weeks go 3x3, 5x5 (3x5 if you are short on time), 5-4-3-2-1 (5-3-1 if short on time), and 10-8-6 (4-4-2 for the clean and deadlift), last set is always amrap
standard bfs doesn't use percentages it uses a logbook and you chase rep records or total weight used record, doing it this way enables real autoregulation from set to set via weight selection
they sell coaching tools that use aggressive percentages for the main lifts (78%, 82%, 86% for 3x5)
they use 3x/week mwf two main lifts a day, usually squat and bench, clean and deadlift, and then squat and bench variants on the third day like box squat or front squat and towel bench (essentially a board bench) or close grip bench on the third workout
then aux lifts usually 2-5 of them usually 2x10
tues and thurs are conditioning and sprints etc.

so you can see that wendler pinched it directly
took the short workout and changed the week order
put a very ball-less south of vag deload week where the higher rep week was
you only do one main lift a day i mean how low-intensity is that?
used some very easy ramping for the sets (65%, 75%, 85% for 3x5) so that the first two sets of the workout are worth far less
used a stupid 90% training max so that the "workout" is two easy warmups and a high-rep burnout set (59%, 68%, 77% for "3x5")
now it's "auxiliary lifts: the program" because when you only do one set of one main lift each day then you need lots of auxiliary volume or you need gimmicks like first set last and joker sets to compensate

Good intermediate programs that goes heavy a lot? 70-80% for lots of volumes bores me and I can never stick with programs like that

I dont like it that much

thats 1 big enough for me

>70-80%
>heavy
Pick one

good written program based of RTS/Barbell Medicine has you doing heavy singles before volume work

There aren't any. There's TM but it's not a real intermediate program and it's not good either

>Post one good thing that's happened lately

I've convinced my work partner to start coming to the gym with me.
Little QT girl to thicc gym THOT soon.

you started off your argument with a clear projection

why would you estimate daily max? it would be better to manage fatigue if you used set percentages and predict rpe from those sets and compare it to averages or the rpe chart

>what is reading comprehension

thanks

beacuse practice of singles brainlet, doing it before you go to meet you are confident with singles beacsue you practice them often

>wendler's shit is a ripoff, and ball-less, don't do it, do bfs bigger faster stronger instead

Greg Shepard's shit is a ripoff, and ball-less. It's a ripoff of Boyd Epley's strength program at University of Nebraska in 68-69.

This is part of it. Also using a % of your top single for working sets you can accurately predict how many reps at what % are needed to reach a specified RPE, which will help you regulate fatigue. Shit's pure math yo'

my nigger

>why would you estimate daily max
Because your 1rm fluctuates from day to day? To measure progress?

is this bait

p sure its wendler writing this shit

>pure math

What do you eat in the day?

i guaramtee he will write a reply something about feelings lmao

and stem cells

I am soon done with Starting Strength and was thinking of either doing the 4day upper lower or the bridge. But i realized i don't care about powerlifting and all i care about is looking good. Would those routines be good for that or should i just do some hypertrophy routine? The idea was that just getting stronger on the compounds would get me aesthetics but i am not sure anymore. Sorry for asking this here.