The egg meme

Had some blood tests yesterday. I've been eating between 3-4 eggs daily for a couple months. I'm 5' 9" and 154 pounds, in good shape. The results said my cholesterol was high for my age.

Did Veeky Forums lie to me about eggs not increasing cholesterol?

I also eat a lot of butter. Which is worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11333841
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15939816
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10704618/
healthyforgood.heart.org/eat-smart/articles/saturated-fats
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9355888
youtube.com/watch?v=V8oiSke0ZQw
healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs
healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-eggs-are-the-healthiest-food-on-the-planet#section1
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/189529
bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=egg yolk
suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/07/egg-ology-today-underappreciated-health.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/11/underestimated-vitamin-d-sources.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26687466
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Butter has alot of saturated fat and very little cholesterol, eggs have alot of cholesterol but a moderate amount of saturated fat

ok I'll cut down on the eggs

>3-4 eggs daily
that's a lot, i just eat one
meme or not sounds like too much

>5'9 154 pounds
>good shape
Also eat 2 whole eggs and the rest just whites as many as you want

>5'9 154 pounds
>good shape
I work out every single day and 5-7 mile hikes every other day. What did you mean by this?

BF?

no I'm single

kek

>couple months
Lmao ive been eating 4 eggs every day for 4 years and my cholesterol is fine in fact all my results were great.

If you're not eating mostly fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, and legumes you're putting yourself at risk for all sorts of diseases. Don't fall for these shit tier memes about high fat and high protein.

Tbf 70/20/10 carbs/protein/fat ratio is the best for lifting and im not even vegan.

FFS try to understand how cholesterol is made in your liver.

It's processed from some fats, especially animal fats, like meat and butter.

Avoid saturated fats.
No problems with eggs.

If you injest cholesterol your liver will adapt and produce less. For example i ate eggs and chicken alternating for 2 months, using only a little olive oil for the eggs. Did my tests, everything was normal, for some reason the medic told me to drink less milk. Dumb bitch.

how do you even gain muscle with that

Total? LDL? HDL? What are your triglycerides like?

Go ahead and fall for the cholesterol meme, even though over half of heart attack victims have low or loew-normal cholesterol. Cholesterol repairs pretty much everything in the body, including arteries. You get constant imflammation from too many omega6s and hypertension from pre-diabetes and the body keeps rushing cholesterol to plug the literal hole in the artery wall and your dumbass eats more omega-6 and high carb foods to "cure" your high cholesterol.

But it's cholesterol's fault even though there can't be a bad blockage if you aren't repeatedly causing trauma to your cardiovascular system).

Also i ate 6 eggs

Normally you dont need to eat more than 120g of protein maybe 150 if youre really big boy.

OP is probably one of those faggots eating at McDonalds everyday but will still blame the two eggs they eat for breakfast.

Stop spreading bullshit

Not only do eggs increase cholesterol levels (mainly LDL)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11333841
They also increase inflammation
And increase the susceptibility of LDL in your blood to oxidize, which makes it easier to form plaque in your arteries
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10704618/

Given that information, if you're not in complete denial mode, you should be able to agree that eggs may contribute to heart disease

> especially animal fats

[ citation needed]

[ kill vegans ]

Saturated fats are typically called "animal fats" since they mostly come from animal-based foods
healthyforgood.heart.org/eat-smart/articles/saturated-fats

They increase the amount of LDL cholesterol in your blood
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long

are you eating organic eggs?

My dude just hard boil the eggs, dont cook in oil.

And trans fats which are much worse come from vegan source whats your point?

and grass fed butter?

I eat eggs and butter all the time and my blood was recently tested and it was all good.

Why do you fags never delve into or even acknowledge the strong genetic component of people who have CAD?

Let's specify, when you are talking about "heart disease" you really mean CAD, the fact that nobody here is even being specific tells me they don't have much of a background for this stuff.

Either way, there are plenty of families out there where everyone eats like absolute shit and nobody ever has a fart attack for 10+ generations.

Why is nobody talking about the notion that maybe, just maybe, you should tailor your habits to your own genetic susceptibilities more than to generalized advice for generic humans?

Also, in case you really give a shit and are not just pretending to on the internet for good boy points, there is a growing mountain of evidence that HDL/LDL does not mean shit and HDL/triglycerides are a far more important predictor of having a fart attack.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9355888

Old study yes, but there's newer stuff out there. Go down that rabbit hole and you will see that things might not be how they seem. You might also end up digging around to see if any causative relationships between insulin resistance, A1C and HDL/triglyceride ratio exist. It's up to you, but the age old question of whether fat or carbs are the ultimate cause of metabolic syndrome might have some convincing evidence in one direction already.

Just saying.

Trans fats are less saturated

These studies have all been criticized. Quit spreading bullshit

What's yours?

I eat 6 scrambled, farm fresh eggs every morning. Just gave blood earlier this week and they do a cholesterol test. Total was 185, non-fasting. Lowest I have ever had was 159, non-fasting.

But what were you eating besides eggs? Maybe you were chugging on mayo daily.

None of those studies are discussed in your youtube video. This is not a valid response.
>if you're not in complete denial mode, you should be able to agree that eggs may contribute to heart disease

Just curious, I know they have higher vitamin content, but do organic/pastured eggs have different macros?

In that I case, I retract my accusation.

when I was eating 4 fried eggs and bacon every day my cholesterol was below the lower limit

Not that I have seen.

Nobody, huh?

Out fucking standing.

This is Veeky Forums's attempt at scientific discourse. Great. This is why I don't even listen to internet fags and just read studies.

So you skirt around all the evidence posted and just say "muh genes" with some random claims of "families that eat like shit and nobody has a heart attack" that I guess we're supposed to assume represents most people, therefore nothing matters and we shouldn't care about controllable factors like diet and lifestyle? Get out of here, HAES.

> there is a growing mountain of evidence that HDL/LDL does not mean shit and HDL/triglycerides are a far more important predictor of having a fart attack.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9355888
One study showing HDL/trig ratio may be useful is supposed to mean HDL/LDL means nothing? That's not a scientific interpretation of data, that's an attempt at scapegoating.

eat more oats you mong,

different fat profile.

I've eaten 4 eggs (coat the pan with bit of butter), with a bagel, beans, and spinach (almost) every single day for almost 2 years.

5'7 160LB recently had blood work done and everything looked great. 25 years old.

Isn't that high? I thought normal total cholestoral was below 100.

Guys, all these "researches" on eggs are spooking me. It almost feel like im actually falling for the vegan agenda. They even say its not even nutritious.

The thing is, is 2 eggs a day good to go? Or at least 1 eggs a day? Also, is there actual benefits to eggs

eggs are a meme

Eggs are the perfect food.

Everything that's in an egg is what you need to make a small chicken.

Eating an egg is like eating an entire chicken without the wait time.

Eggs are all you need.

Everyone needs to eat more eggs.

I rather die big and strong then be some average normie who's afraid of a bit of sacrifice, man up and eat your damn eggs.

just leaving this here lol

That's what happens when you ask for advice from other addicts
>eat all you want bro, it's fine, everyone's just a shill

>LDL: 293

This can't be real

>Did Veeky Forums lie to me about eggs not increasing cholesterol?
This
>healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs
>healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-eggs-are-the-healthiest-food-on-the-planet#section1
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/189529
>bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=egg yolk
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/07/egg-ology-today-underappreciated-health.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/11/underestimated-vitamin-d-sources.html

What the fuck is up with that total cholesterol and that LDL? the fucker is injecting grease

I agree with your points but your sources
>healthline
>blogspot anything

>I also eat a lot of butter. Which is worse?
>Avoid saturated fats.
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html

Sure is 2010 in here.

WHAT THE FUCK CAUSES HEART ATTACKS AND CLOGGED ARTERIES THEN AHHHHHH

>I also eat a lot of butter.
How about you don't eat any butter at all you faggot. Might as well inject grease directly into your veins.

Sugar, carbs, and processed foods, calcium supplements and vitamin d without k2 or magnesium, stress, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, excess free radical generators like unbound iron in the blood, etc.

Basically, anything that causes inflammation causes heart attacks and clogged arteries. Cholesterol is the molecule that the body uses to repair damaged tissue. Calcification of arteries and soft tissues like glands and organs occurs because calcium is delivered into the blood via vitamin (hormone) d, but is not directed to the bones by vitamin k2 (found in high concentrations in pastured egg yolks, btw).

Trans fats aren't naturally occuring, brainlet

But they're even worse because of that, I don't understand what point you're making

>saturated fats, that literally make up bad cholesterol and are the reason cholesterol builds up in arteries due to their chemical structure, have nothing to do with heart disease and clogged arteries
Jesus dude, it's like you actively try and avoid any actual scientific literature. I thought biology courses were mandatory for college? Did you even go yet? Cholesterol is definitely necessary and good for you, there's no argument, but excess saturated fat consumption leads to atherosclerosis. They even make fun videos about it for highschool freshmen if that's more your speed

But your study doesn't even say anything about LDL levels or compare the HDL/LDL profiles to HDL/trigyceride profiles. Nice memeing

I exclusively eat raw egg yolks and then soak up the remaining juice with bacon fat. Everything else is a jewish trick to steal your white ki.

5'4" here and ate 8 eggs everyday for a couple of months. Both LDL and HDL turned out great. Only problem I had was constipation (not enough fiber) and great muscle gains.

If I remember correctly there's little to no correlation between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol. Not being active on the other hand has a much stronger correlation.

Total under 200 is considered good for adults. LDL under 100 is what you're thinking of.

So what you have high cholestrol, thats not a bad thing

>that guy that doesn't actually respond to anything and just lazily reposts the same blogs as if it's a strong counter-argument

>Basically, anything that causes inflammation causes heart attacks and clogged arteries

So, saturated fat and cholesterol

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26687466

I get 2 hard boiled eggs a day from my place of work and also have a 2 egg omelette on saturday and sunday morning cooked in olive oil.

>tfw my coworkers mock me for eating the same 2 eggs every day while they drink full sugared sodas every day and have fast food like once a week
>don't want to mock them for drinking poison because then ill be the asshole who cant take a joke

Nice

no need to take the tone of mocking but it would be negligent not to tell them that sugared sodas with all kinds of chemicals are more dangerous than eggs

overly high levels of cholesterol are not a direct result of eating eggs but the livers inability for regulating the cholesterol levels, if your liver is not functioning at its best then eating a lot of cholesterol is not a good idea.

avoid alcohol and go research about diets that support healthy liver function

Eat more beans and vegetables

same

high cholesterol is good

who cares if they die?