Controversial Veeky Forums opinions thread

Controversial Veeky Forums opinions thread.

ITT we post sacrilege that the cookery world would poo-poo us for.

I'll start.

1. Taken as a whole, American cuisine is one of the best in the world.

This is something nobody wants to admit but America has some fantastic dishes to its name. Cajun food, American-style pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs, the Reuben sandwich, eggs benedict, etc.

'go 'za is a great meme.

agreed

no, I'm american and practically all foreign foods are vastly preferable

Medium rare mince in burgers is fucking disgusting, regardless of preparation and food safety.
yes

no. Leave the 100mile radius surrounding your fly-over town at least once in your life.

All shit
Except buffe

IPAs are actually really good.

coca cola is great

Honestly this. Go /trv/ mode for a while and it becomes quite apparant.

Alcohol is for degenerates

>american cuisine is one of the best in the world

There's nothing controversial about that.

American beer is delicious, the big names can be ignored obviously.

>the big names can be ignored obviously.

Nobody does slow cook BBQ like the south.

>the big names can be ignored
no doubt, but thats almost certain with most other countries

with me, its that pasta is overrated filler

>Nobody does slow cook BBQ like NC

ftfy

>Medium rare mince in burgers is fucking disgusting, regardless of preparation and food safety.

This is true though. And that whole movement is hijacked by dumbasses who don't know anything about food.

I prefer a cheese with flavour on my poutine over curds

I also like ketchup on my poutine

The best way to serve a steak is DONE.

american food is basically worthless when it doesn't contain much meat. theres a classic here and there like PBandJ but otherwise I can see why a lot of other cultures think we're rediculous. meat is special to them.

Pasta is in this special place that makes it easy to fuck up. it wont taste bad but it will very much be filler. on the other hand pasta can be really good. and ultimately the deciding factor requires not only supreme timing, since theres very little you do to change the pasta with seasoning while cooking, and knowing the right past to pair. Texture based cooking is never immediately obvious, so you end up with a lot of very easy mediocre pasta.

No

cracking a egg on a flat surface and not the edge of a bowl is retarded.

you don't rinse pasta with cold water to "stop it from cooking" you do that to rinse the starch off so it won't stick, that bullshit comes from restaurants where they precook 40 lbs of pasta at a time

A sharp knife isn't a safer knife. you're a retard if you cut yourself even if you do it because your knife is dull.

catsup on a hot dog is just fine.

ethnic food isn't popular because people want to try exotic new cultures, it's popular because it's cheap as dirt compared to dining out and that's because the owners fill their kitchens with Frito and Tito and Bandito and Hector and Abdul and Som Yung Gai and Chen Cooknichi at $4/hr

there's no such thing as healthy or unhealthy food, there's food you can eat a hell of a lot of before you turn into a hamplanet and there's food you can only eat a little before exploding into Saturn's moon.

Except fiber. that shit is true as hell. eat your fiber for a happy, healthy BM

>catsup on a hot dog is just fine.

I disagree.

I'm no anti-Ketchup crusader, Ketchup is always present on my burgers, but I find it throws off the whole balance on hotdogs. I don't like anything sweet on a hotdog. My standard 'og is bun, wiener, pickles, finely diced onions and mustard. If I had to add another toping aside from that I'd sooner add green olives than fucking CATSUP.

Not so inaccurate but it is all thanks to the diverse mixed races that formed the USA bringing the many different flavors and cooking styles together... that said it also created abominations

>NC
>not the south

Wut

Good list but

>A sharp knife isn't a safer knife. you're a retard if you cut yourself even if you do it because your knife is dull.

Triggered. A dull knife will slip and slide when trying to cut through anything thicker than a chicken thigh

Which makes you a retard for not adjusting for that possibility. QED

disagree is fine. iron law of nature? no. it's fine to eat catsup on a hotdog, because to some people, that tastes good

Processed American cheese is subjectively superior to almost all other forms of cheese. Melts fast, a simple flavor that works with anything, incorporates into anything with no issue, no health risks due to no use of raw elements everything is pasteurized.

Nobody likes to admit the United States took in a lot of the most talented, creative, and hard-working people from all the other countries as immigrants. People get buttmad about losing their good people and getting shitty immigrants in return. They pretend the US is small and monocultural on the internets and shitpost about McDonald's and Kraft cheese.

Guy fieri is a decent chef and a great tv personality

Lettuce on hamburgers is disgusting. No matter how crisp and fresh your lettuce is, the heat just instantly wilts it. Finely chopped red cabbage is light years superior.

I put pasta in unboiled water and then let it boil and have never noticed a difference from using already boiled water.

literally nobody disagrees with that, you mong. They just hate that he took the marketing to the Hamlight Zone and launched a bunch of fake restaurants to cater to WT fatties

>NC is the entire South

i disagree with it, he tries too hard to be funny or entertaining and he talks down to people.

I think many people would disagree with that, actually.

>doing mayo or hollandaise by hand just shows you dont know how to use your immersionblender
>ginger/wasabi on sushi are fine because your sushi is shit anyways, no reason to eat frozen fish >200 miles from the sea and insist you have to savor the shit-tier sushi purely
>great fastfood can be better than a dinner at a bad michelin-starred restaurant
>mediocre knives can be sharper than your 20000$ valerian steel knife, which you dont know how to take care of, faggot
>fish sauce improves almost any stew/sauce
>powdered msg is alright

> nobody wants to admit

>American cuisine is one of the best in the world.

Only fedora tipping teenagers and Europeans, whose diet consists mostly of cock, disagree

Pepsi > coke

>catsup

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza.
Utter shite.

Americuck 'food' is universally regarded as the worst
Pic related is what they actually consider to be high end dining

What the fuck am I even looking at here? I'm American and I've only seen something like this after throwing up.

Walnut and egg fried in chicken skin, a staple dish in American """""""""cuisine"""""""""".

McDonalds is the best major fast food chain

Never heard of it, who the fuck puts walnut in eggs?

You know what, piss off.

Why would you reply...

Devil pls

No, it's not. You're just trying to be funny by saying stupid things because stupid things are funny.

all BBQ is slow cook. that's part of the fucking definition.

>triggered americans

If that were true then americans would be funny

More american 'food'

if you're a fucking idiot. you stand a much greater risk with a sharp knife cause it is better at cutting therefore it is easier to cut yourself.

Well, you're a fucking idiot, pal.

My grandpappy always told me a dull knife is more dangerous than a sharp one, and he was a brilliant man.

if he was so brilliant how come he's dead

>the country I come from is better at thing than the country I don't come from

IPAs are great

[spoiler]APAs not so much [/spoiler]

Americans actually are indoctrinated enough to believe that though.

>poo-poo

It is perfectly healthy and well-adjusted for an adult human being to use the word "poop' instead of the word "shit" when discussing the defecation of another human being who is not an infant or under the age of four.

what is he trying to achieve in this webm?