Nachos

What is your 'ultimate' recipe for nachos? Share your favourite kinds here!

Other urls found in this thread:

budgetbytes.com/2016/02/5-minute-nacho-cheese-sauce/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like to order a 'go 'za and dip my nachos in it.

>not getting nacho go za.

usually just some 'sa and guac with my 'chos

'cho 'go 'za w/ 'cha

when the nachos are served in a plastic baseball hat. those are the best nachos. I like to wait until they're almost finished and pour the rest of the bits into my mouth and lick out the insides of the hat so i can wear it for the 9th inning. nomnom

The most elaborate we ever made was:

- Unsalted chips

- Homemade Chili: browned beef mince with garlic, chili powder, cumin and a little oregano, added sieved tomatoes, tomato paste, birds eye chillis and a little brown sugar. Left to simmer for about 7 hours with a couple of cinnamon sticks and a few squares of dark chocolate

- Turtle, kidney and black beans, drained and simmered until they reduced

- Fresh onion-heavy salsa: tomatoes, birds eye chilis, red and pearl onions, coriander

- Fresh Guac: avocados, onions, a little garlic paste, lime juice, a little salt.

- Fried and drained chorizo pieces

- chopped jalapenos

- a mix of 3 sharp mature cheddars

Served with optional fresh yogurt, fresh coriander and a small lime for squeezing. Jalapeno poppers on the side

Using spicy pork rinds instead of chips. and chorizo instead of hamburger "taco meat"

Sort of like in pic

Spread a layer of chips on an ovenproof dish. Shred some cheese on it, as well as throw some meat/beans if you have/want them. I usually don't. Broil that shit until the cheese is melted with a few brown spots. Serve with salsa, guac, and crema and you have some great if somewhat basic nachos.I'm sure I could include more, but I don't think it would really improve it.

I think I make my nachos weird.

I make nacho cheese from scratch. I cover a baking pan full of tortilla chips and add in shredded cheese to cover the chips. I add on top salsa and let it bake.

After that's done, I add in the nacho cheese, add more salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.

>unsalted

How is it possible to screw up a recipe so badly with the first word.

In other words - not nachos.

>Unsalted chips
done, i'm out after that

>unsalted

bottom layer of rice, then beans maybe meat, cheese melted over that
top with onion, cilantro and diced jalapenos, hopefully there's some fresh avocado and lemon, and then dump good salsa on there as I coop it up with tortilla chips, bam wam god damn burrito on a plate!

>beans maybe meat
you're from the north, big guy?
bet you eat chili with beans too

i like some 'cha on my 'chos

fag

By "recipe" you mean a list of shit you put on top, right?

lol

That's like having a "recipe" for tacos or salad. You guys are too stupid to live.

>doritos
>salsa from a jar
>pre shredded cheese

tastes good man

I take it you don't like nachos?

I like my 'chos simple. Tortilla chips, processed cheese and plenty of pickled 'peƱos on top.

Blue corn chips, shredded carnitas, monterey jack cheese, diced purple onions, cilantro, a bit of cotija, diced avocados and slightly thinned out drizzle of spicy bbq sauce. They come out amazing everytime, I've never seen any leftovers no matter how much I make when friends come over.

check out hipster 'chos over here.

chips, carne asada, cheese

Is OP a Euro or just Canadian? What would either know about nachos?

Fuck I want me some tasty 'chos now.

Lately I've been craving some good nachos, but restaurant endeavours have left me disappointed.

So I think I'm going to go prepare them myself. Cross the rail road tracks and hit up the Hispanic side of town for freshly made chips and guac.

I'm Euro, and not much perhaps that's why i've made the thread. Either way it's not like it's a complicated dish to get right

Guacamole, Sour Cream, Cheese Sauce/oaxaca cheese, pico de gallo, black olives, diced fresh jalapenos, black beans, raw red onion and carne asada.

If you have access to decent tortillas, try making your own chips

Yep, that's literally the definition of recipe.

Has anyone here made this recipe? I'm making nachos later in the week and am going to try it.

budgetbytes.com/2016/02/5-minute-nacho-cheese-sauce/

I think you're better off preparing a Seven Layer Dip and serving it with chips rather than trying to make "loaded" nachos

it's a trade-off, no matter what you do. Nachos get soggy, and uneven distribution sucks. Layered dips get the layers mixed together and look like vomit after a couple dips.

Would eat and like them before anybody else thought it was cool.

I think I'm in the minority that likes soggy chips.

>fresh chips
>asadero or oaxaca cheese (or both)
>al pastor (or pastor or whatever you want to call the glorious pineapple-ly meat tornado)
>beans
>pico de gallo
>guacamole
>salvadoran crema
>olives (optional, but I fucking love them on nachos)
>a little queso fresco sprinkled on top

FUCK ME, I forgot
>roasted jalapenos
>and extra chile de arbol salsa as needed

I bought a box from the frozen section. It was a TGIF box with the cheese and meat included. I bought some chips with it and that was the best nachos I had that I could ever remember. I was stoned when I ate them though.

Beef, cheese that's 2 parts shredded one part nacho cheese, guacamole, diced tomato. Fuck onions, fuck salsa.

I actually had an idea for a restaurant or food truck or whatever that did ethnic nachos, themed for different styles of cuisine. I feel like Indian or Chinese nachos would be pretty popular.

Make your own tortilla chips

>cut a stack of corn tortillas into 6ths
>fry in a very generous amount of corn oil
>drain and salt

when the oil cools, pour it into a bottle and reuse it later. it'll be great for making refried beans

you can get a big stack of white corn tortillas for a dollar at mexican markets or you can get a stack of 8 really good ones at a supermarket four dollars. the quality of the tortillas really doesn't matter though because your just going to be frying the shit out of them.

>Doris
>Chili
>Nacho Cheese

I never looked back

For starters, I use a squeeze bottle to apply zigzags of sour cream and guac over the whole plate instead of plopping them in heaps in the middle and letting them turn the chips in the middle into a limp soggy mess. Who cares if its not as photogenic.

>quality of the tortillas really doesn't matter

the thicker regular corn tortillas make better tasting chips and tostadas.

back to basics nigga:

-mexican grocery market chips (im in cali, shit is fresh and dank as fuck)
-salsa (chipotle is good)
-black beans or refried don't matter
-nacho cheese sauce all over that shit nigga
-rotisserie chicken breast shredded hot and cucked from the market
-more salsa
-shredded cheese all over that shit
-broil for 15 min
-top with pico de gallo salsa, sour cream and guacamole

TELL ME IT AINT GRAND NIGGAS

>tfw shredded chicken nachos

Gotta cut up pizza and scatter it on the top too.
Someone always made the mistake of picking at the tray in the morning when everything was soggy

Make sure to layer the cheese and chips or else you'll have a bunch of chips on the bottom with no cheese desu.

Tbh fresh senpai