Chili

Today I want to make a REAL Chili con carne, but I'm not from America. What was supposed to be in it? Was it Beans and minced meat? What about corn? Is corn one of the neccessary ingredients in a REAL Chili?

Other urls found in this thread:

texasmonthly.com/food/chili-recipe-no-beans/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

clue's in the name mate

yeah, I know meat has to be in it. But what about Beans and Corn?

>implying everyone speaks mexican

Nice bait. Try harder faggot.

>corn
0/10

thats how they make it in mexico you idiot. with corn. see picture.

>you idiot
Abandon thread!
This is over.

>putting corn in anything
Corn is for eating on the cob and making cornbread. Anything else is a mistake.

for an authentic experience you need ketchup, tomato paste and water (the sauce), then chopped meat (I like to take filet, but you can take cheaper cuts too) and beans. you can take red beans or white beans. sometimes I mix both so I have a colourful variation. salt and pepper of course. and before i cook the meat I like to cook onions and bell pepper in the same pot. I know many people from texas and mexico and all of them love my chili.

Buy yourself a box of this shit, it never fails to give me red hot poops for a few days after

>beans
acceptable to everyone but chili snobs and texans
>corn
acceptable only to mexicans

There's no such thing as REAL chili, but the important ingredients are meat, chili peppers, beans, and the typical chili spices. There are 100's of variations, and you can add corn and whatever else you want, but the above ingredients are the essentials.

In America 95% of people eat chili with beans in it, so that is the real thing; don't fall for the meme.

>thats how they make it in mexico
Completely irrelevant

Here's a good recipe
texasmonthly.com/food/chili-recipe-no-beans/

To make real chili, not just middle American "chili" you need to make the base out of chilis (not just tomato and a bit of chili powder) and you should use a reasonable roast instead of ground anything. Dice the meat and it will begin to fall apart through the stewing process, much better texture than with ground beef.

Obviously, it has no beans. However, it uses masa harina (a form of ground corn) to thicken the chili. You can just as easily leave that out and add beans to get a thicker chili, assuming that you cook the beans well enough that they break apart and their starch is available for thickening.

Corn is something you can leave out if you don't want it. I never put corn in mine. The only nessecary ingredients are minced beef, beans and chilies in some form (powder, dried, raw cooked).

Also it's pretty obligatory to serve it on long grained white rice.

can i add my carolina reaper to it?

>middle American "chili"

You mean literally all of America aside from a couple little pockets in middle of nowhere bumfuck Texas?

No, if you do the chili police will hunt you down and butt-rape you with a truncheon.

Chili is meant to be tomato soup. When it tastes of tomatoes rather than chilis then it's been done poorly.

>not meant to be tomato soup

Yeah brah, I add habaneros to mine

I meant to refer to the "obviously no beans" part. Of course chili is made with chilis; that's nothing special to Texas.

>inb4 some rachel ray recipe that uses one jalapeno stirred in at the end

I only wrote "obviously" in reference to the recipe since it has no beans in the address. I always have beans in my chili because I like the thickening action without using masa harina cause fuck corn.

Then again, I usually have corn bread with my chili so at least there's one good use of the stuff.

my mother puts beans and mushrooms in

i like it.

nice thanks

>Obviously, it has no beans.

Then it's obviously not chili and is just a spicy meat stew.

Chili is an ancient Mesoamerican dish that as its foundation, uses beans and chili peppers.

Other ingredients may be added to this but if it ain't got no beans, it ain't no chili.

Not OP, but have related question:

How can you replicate the chili on the chili cheese fries at Carl's Jr.? I love that shit.