I had a realization this morning

I had a realization this morning.

Why are we bothering to bomb people? Instead of spending money on munitions, feeding the military industrial complex, we could just get a big steel crate and fill it with rocks, then drop it on people. Larger crates for groups, standard size crates for individuals. It would be a lot more cost effective. We could make use of our drone technology to deploy a targeted precision strike of a small, but still decidedly lethal, box of rocks. Fuel consumption would probably be lower as well.

If we run out of rocks would could just start loading the crates with money. It would still be more cost effective.

How many rocks on average do you think we'd need for each crate type? I'm thinking it would be more effective to just use a few large rocks and accept the inefficient use of space, rather than dealing with thousands of small pebbles.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_bomb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Geologist here.

The problem is rocks stick around after you drop them. So you've just armed the survivors and they're pissed, you can expect those rocks dropped on you the first chance they get.

Use ice instead.

I know this is a bad attempt at a joke but the cost of explosives is trivial compared to the cost of delivery among other factors that make this awfully expensive and ineffective.

Iceman here.

The problem is ice melts into water, which they can drink and use for more irrigation, Hence increasing their number.

Use dry ice instead.

If you use ice there's the chance that you're arming them with water. Then all it takes is them getting their hands on some refrigerant, and oh man, then we'll really have to watch out.

Precisely because the military industrial complex wants you and your government to feed it and has the influence to make it a reality.

Just how stupid are you?

I don't know.

why don't we drop ice on them (first hit), and then run a current through the water when it melts(secondary damage)?

Chemist here
The problem with dry ice is it's a dangerous chemical that can be used to create meth. We need something we can drop on them that does damage and also just sort of blows up and doesn't leave a trace...

Drop water on them and THEN lots of potassium

Or just aluminium and then iron oxide.

Why don't we drop uranium?

Too expensive and dangerous.

This. It's a heavy element, we could cut out the steel crates entirely.

We can just use particle accelerators to make more and it'll be cheap in no time.

We should make it explode too. Let's call it the big bang bomb.

What about an A-bomb, because people go 'AAAAAAA' before it hits them.

one stupid or two?

Both and neither.

We do exactly this, pic and link related
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_bomb

With GPS guidance they can be quite lethal

it's very expensive to fly our super advanced super expensive planes, so we need to use expensive shitpost shitpost shitpost shitpost shitpost

I agree. We should invest in just walking there instead.

Eliminate a lot of the overhead.

You guys are way overthinking this. I personally just take a breadknife and slice open their throats. Coast: a breadknife.

You can even steal the breadknife, then it's for free.

And yes, DOD has already hired me to implement this terrific plan. Patents and shit.

Steal a predator missile

Really we should make bombs for all the letters, to sabotage enemy communications

Steal this

*unzips dick*

Just drop some ebola.
It's super effective and cost little.

Why does your dick have a zipper on it?

I saw a friend do this.

He was playing the original Civilization game, and badly behind his opponents. He had catapults, and he produced a number of diplomats to steal technology. He stole both railroads and advanced flight. I imagine that his bombers were powered by steam and dropped rocks. He made a brilliant comeback.

We used to hurl rocks at our enemies (see catapults) but we discovered that it would be more effective if our rocks exploded, thus we have bombs.