>>>>frogposting

>assassins des fauteuils rollents

>for intensive purposes

Ya, that's not what this thread is.

>I

>the aforementioned
>the latter
>the former

Fuck off all of you, pleb tryhards. The only reason you're mocking these literary microcliches, is because they're entirely common and semantically reasonable. There is literally nothing wrong with either of these examples you dolts are posting. Youre doing nothing but quoting miniscule parts of a text that are too insignificant to affect any literary merit or quality in any way. Some of you aren't just shitposting and trolling, you actually think you've criticised something. Gits.

>a priori
>a posteriori

>insofar as

What should I use instead?

A buncha

>perchance

> ">"

hella

>by and large

>So and no
Lol

>it as as if

Using them in inappropriate contexts can be annoying, I cringe when dilettantes throw them out in casual conversation where I know there are people involved who don't have the background to get anything from it.

You have to know your audience.

"A myriad of" makes me cringe cringe because it should just be "myriad" on its own, like numerous, you wouldn't say "a numerous of"

Myriad is a noun and an adjective.

fuckton

>and but so

>human qua human

show don't tell :^)

LOL! GOOD POST

>an horizon

checkem

>Insofar as

Lotsa.

On a more serious note, use a fucking thesaurus.

>per say

Grammatically correct. It checks out.

>put a sock in it

>literally any adjective that is used often

guilty lol

Man, I sure do fucking hate books. Anybody else?

I truly believe some people on this board don't even read frequently, and are only here in an attempt to validate their own intellectualism. I think a lot of them crosspost on /pol/ and /r9k/, and it's glaringly obvious that their knowledge is solely derived from internet articles and posts on Veeky Forums.

no shit

Oh hi, Sherlock.

I've also come to some startling conclusions. It appears to me now that Veeky Forums is mostly visited by unemployed or underemployed male's with too much time on their hands. Very few of the people who post here are actual academics. In fact, a good proportion of the posts are actually memes. It's hard to even tell what is meant to be ironic and what isn't sometimes.

Not him, but

>Veeky Forums
>mostly visited by unemployed or undermployed male's with too much time on their hands
>Very few of the people who post here are actual acedemics
>startling conclusions

It appears that it is also hard to recognize sarcasm.

It appears so.

fuck all y'all

>"also" at the end of a sentence

>over against
>always already

Inflicted on the English language by German (gegenuber, immer schon).

Fuck you, too.

> , that is,

every fucking second line in too many economics books. H J Chang is awful to read because of this

Technically 'myriad' is a number: Ancient Greek for 'ten thousand'.

> I have ten thousand books
> I have myriad books

That sounds awful though

That's wrong you fool. A myriad is a unit of ten thousand just like a dozen is a unit of twelve.
It's
>i have a myriad of books

Just like it is
>i have a dozen of books
instead of
>i have dozen books

>must needs

>and so on

What about
>like