30k in it for ya

30k in it for ya... sciencealert.com/nasa-admits-it-needs-the-public-s-help-to-figure-out-what-to-do-with-all-its-astronaut-poo

just do what indians do and just shit where convenient

DESIGNATED SHITTING SPACESHIPS

put it into a fucking storage bin
problem solved

Don't be so offensive! Indians don't just shit wherever they feel like! They have designated shitting streets.

Why is writing like this allowed to pass for journalism?

I guess the "normies" think this is clever writing, but it's just bad. Is this person really getting their full paycheck when they write this terribly?

pack it in. pack it out.

Presumably, to poop, they had to eat. Store the poop where the food used to be.

Or just don't bring any food at all
Less payload and no poop to worry about

Nasa had really gone poop-sci

Here is a thought just let it fall back to earth so it can just burn up on reentry.

Astronoughts need food

Intravenous feeding.

Recycle it into fuel for something, such as maneuvering thrusters

Send really fat astronauts, who could use the diet. Sell the videos as diet plans to an increasingly obese American public to fund further missions.

they wouldn't fit in the rocket

Why wouldn't you just shoot it into space?

Drop it down randomly and make betting business on who the shit hits. Use money to send up new food.

Its not like they can just fire it into the sun or something...

Colostomy bags.

Smear it on the outside of the ship as extra heat-shielding for re-entry.

So basically they want space suits that'll wipe your ass? Might as well introduce a rectal catheter.

cant they just have a spinning section to create a small artifical gravity. use some adhesive glue box that the poop sticks too. to then use for plant soil in the oxygen/plant/food room.

They should build little castles with it.

The problem is how do you shit with out taking off your space suit for 10 days? Diapers are their only solution for now, but you can't wear a diaper that long as sepsis would literally kill you.

How complete does the idea need to be?
I have a pretty good idea but it's only thought out enough that it belongs on a cocktail napkin. Think they'll still give me the award if I send in an MSpaint sketch or a cocktail napkin?

The same way they've always done it, and how they've been disposing of trash up until now?

Honestly just watch Planetes. It's all explained there.

>30k
it reminds me of competition several years ago
where they offering staggering $10k for a method of digging through 100TB of data consisting of 20 million images

ergo 30k is a fucking joke

which is why I asked What are they expecting for $30k? All the engineers who can build a solution are already working for them and they can't do it. So they shouldn't be expect a fully functioning and tested prototype of a solution. Yet somehow I suspect they'll only give the award if that's what's presented.

doesn't poo go in the loo?

SPACE JENKEM

I bet they give it to some 11 year old kid with a stupid incomplete idea, it's only 30k if it can be solved for that cheap it would be done already

robot smears it on the outside of the ship.
no shit inside and heat shielding

one word

"buttplug"

grow potatoes with it

This is thread is definitive proof that 90% of people don't even both to read the specs before spouting off.

Its all about being trapped in their suit.

Veeky Forums a shit.

A small vacuum pump and a container built into the suit?

space is a lie and this article and all articles about space is a lie. fite me.

1. expose anus to space
2. pressure difference sucks out all the poop
3. no more poop

>tfw brain explosively sucked out of flash frozen anus if you accidently face away from sun

how do you eat without taking off your suit for 10 days?

kek

Looks like a buzzfeed article to me, I mean they let them write swear words in article titles for fucks sake, their (((journalism))) is a joke.

Fertilizer for space plants. How fucking retarded is nasa that they can't into basic biology.

how about a hose thats connected to the outside

you put the nozzel up to your butthole and open up the valve and let the vacuum of space suck everything out

You can't into basic reading.

>freeze dry it
>recycle the water you got out of it
>dump the solid remnants into space.

Connect feeding tube to poop tube: unlimited supply of food.

Perhaps they could have a system that incorporates a combination of very strong water absorbing substances with antiseptic chemicals mixed in as well. Perhaps the astronauts could also consume a drug to give them constant low grade diahhrea during the emergency so that the feces will mix well into the substance. Its disgusting, but its better than dying of sepsis.

liquified food and water are in the suit?

I guess there would be a way tunnel all that shit into the container the food came from.

OSTOMY BAG
POOP
BAG

Space missions could potentially last years, there isn't a person in the world who could survive that long without food.

space it

it will all burn up on re-entry

make the walls and furniture out of poop, so that after you poop you can press the poop spreading it equally on the wall, and being careful to retain its shape. The smell is a non issue since the astronauts will get used to it eventually.

Couldn't they just make a way to readily repair cracks in the hull and avoid this problem?

>NSA admits it needs help figuring out what to do with online shitposts

First decent suggestion

I originally wasn't going to post this but here it goes.

SPACE BIDET!!
How do you remove poop from your spacesuit if you can't take it off? Just fill it with water (only the pelvic area) and then suck the water out. Once the water is out use a filtration system to filter the solids then UV light to remove microbes. This grey water can be reused, and in an emergency drank.
You could also fill the entire spacesuit, up to the neck, with water and get a space shower! Literally the only way to get a true shower in space. (not talking about sponge baths)

Either use it to fertilize soil for a greenhouse, or pack it into bags and line the habitat with it for extra radiation shielding.

Arthur Clark had that idea long ago.

Eat it.

Give me my 30k

Some kind of half moon shaped thing that would fit between the ass cheaks with a large opening for the stool to travel through a tubing that could contract to form a better seal around the stool while it is flushed with either urine or water into a bag where the liquids are sucked out and the bag compressed and sealed. After the ass area is flushed with some sanitizer maybe heating and compressed air can help prevent irritation

Only a rough idea but idk how to deal with liquid shits in spacesuit.

Some sort of ass-airlock for shit ejection ?

>Only a rough idea but idk how to deal with liquid shits in spacesuit.
I don't know how to deal with liquid shits at home, little alone in space.

then all the ayy lmaos will think we throw our shit like monkeys

>Couldn't they just make a way to readily repair cracks in the hull and avoid this problem?
Stuff cracks with poo. Problem solved

I start to see a pattern here.
>teflon developed for aerospace ends up on frying pans
>memory foam ends up under old people
the only logical next step might be
>shitting contraptions end up under gamer butts throughout the world

Bring a dog that eats shit. Eat dog before it shits your shit.

Human SPACE centipede.

Tbh, being stuck in a spacesuit for like six days seems like a nightmare from which there is no waking, poop or no poop. Anyone who goes through that and survives is probably going to have some issues with enclosed spaces from then on.

Why not have some type of inflatable life pod a la pic related? It would have the advantage of not only being able to hold a container for poop (and probably a means of expelling it), but you'd also be able to blow your nose if you needed to, or scratch your balls, for that matter. You could even add arm holes for manipulating stuff outside the pod.

1: refuse is mixed with water and liquidized so substances can circulate and light can pass through

2: algae is introduced

3: the solution is transfered to a temperature controlled box with a window exposed to sunlight

4: when the algae have multiplied the box is moved to an airtight centrifuge
4a: once spinning, gases will bubble to the surface, the box can be opened and gases released by a vent in the centrifuge, a small heating element might be necessary to ignite methane and a filter to remove any smell
4b: a device will also take a sample of algae for reuse
4c: after this the air vent is closed, the solution is boiled down and another vent is opened to allow water vapor to escape to be condensed
4d: finally the centrifuge can be opened by the crew, waste removed, cleaned and maintained

5: the small quantity of dried waste should be easy to store or eject into space, it may even be edible

give the 30 k to starving orphans or something

BUTTPLUG

PENIS AND VAGINA SUCKER

PROBLEM SOLVED

Martian shit potatoes :^)

having tubing built into the suit would be quite an effective, if fairly complicated, solution.

literally, a vacuum stuck in your ass

1. Liquid diet
2. Shorter trips
3. Poop compactor
4. Poop cannon to shoot poo into upper atmosphere where it will surely vaporize (lol poo vapor)
5. Just hold it in
6. Astronaut centipede
7. Eat it
8. Hire an Indian engineer
9. Just dump it all over India, no one will notice
10. Smear it on walls of space station

send it to india

I chuckled

>shoot up heroin before spacewalk
>get constipated for a while
>produce a gallon of miracle gro fertilizer when you get back to the command module

>Kessler syndrome: poop edition