American """"""""""education""""""""""

>american """"""""""education""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kibaFBgaPx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>if you combine both fractions

What the shit kind of wording is that for a problem?

Either:
1) If you combine both classes, what fraction of the students prefer shit over fuckshit.

or

2) If you add both fractions, what fraction do you get

I guess this is what the Yale people meant when they say "this is not an intellectual space". School has never been an intellectual space in america it seems.

how the fuck are you suppose to find the answer to this if your not given the number of students in each class?

Those who can, do
those who can't, teach.

That looks like an assignment for 2nd graders. Keep in mind that any adult with the intelligence of a 7 year old would be considered mentally retarded. I think that that worksheet would be plenty intellectually stimulating for a literal retard, so unless the worksheet is asking nonsensical questions (I haven't bothered looking at it) then it's fine.

what is the problem here
91/100
52/100

???

>43/10 is a possible answer
>420/100 is a possible answer

This is how dumb the government thinks American children are

right? not an issue.

Where the hell did this come from?
The questions are nonsensical.

what the fuck is this shit holyyyy fucc lmao

>How many students prefer carrots over broccoli.
>None of the offered answers are whole numbers.
Jesus.

This is clearly for elementary students. I don't understand the issue.

>I don't understand the issue.
The questions are completely incoherent. The information given has no connection to the "answers", and it reads like it was written by something who doesn't even understand what fractions are.

>This is clearly for elementary students.
How does that make it better? If anything that's worse, because elementary students aren't going to have the skills or confidence to reject the shitty questions.

This is like "how old is the shepherd", except in reverse:
youtube.com/watch?v=kibaFBgaPx4

>The questions are completely incoherent.

They're asking you to add two fractions together.

Not confusing.

Not hard.

>They're asking you to add two fractions together.
They clearly expect you to add two fractions together, but adding the fractions doesn't actually solve the problem they presented, or even make any sense.

>They're asking you to add two fractions together.
No, they aren't, though they may think they are.

>7/10 of the whole school chooses potatoes over tomatoes and is in Herschbenazi class
>21/100 of the whole school chooses potatoes over tomatoes and is in Sinney's class.
>If you combine Herschbenazi and Sinney's classes, what's is the fraction of the school that chooses potatoes over tomatoes and is in both classes.

Veeky Forums in charged of reading comprehension

>this vid

holy shit, is really american education taht bad??

also this

ADDING UP FRACTIONS IS NOT HOW YOU COMBINE TWO MEASUREMENTS

RRREEEEEEEE

Delete this. You have no idea what teachers have to deal with everyday.

I've read this again and again and I honestly have no fucking clue what it's asking. Am I supposed to be taking an average? You can't just add together one study with another and call it good.

I dropped out of college because all my teachers would yell at me for no reason. they need to realize I pay them so technically I am their boss, I am their god. you don't yell at your boss and you sure as hell don't yell at your god.

those who can't teach criticise those who can.

is this autism?

>I don't understand the issue.
found the product of 'Murikan publikk edgemacation

>I pay them
not even close, Billy

Your teachers didn't yelled hard enough at you then, but I was talking about HS teachers. They are the true heroes.

7/10 = 7/10 * 1 = 7/10 * 10/10 = 70/100

70/100 + 21/100 = (70+21)/100 = 91/100

That's great, but the question is meaningless. It meanders around, confuses its terms and then asks an incredibly vague question. Based on the wording and a logical reading of the question, it should either mean:
>7/10 of Mrs. Hershberger's class prefers x over y, 21/100 of Mrs. Swinney's class prefers x over y, if the classes are combined what fraction prefers x over y (answer: 91/200)
or
>7/10 of the school prefers x over y, 21/100 of Mrs Swinney's class prefers x over y, etc (no answer from available information)
or
>Mrs. Herschberger's class finds that 7/10 of the school prefers x over y, Mrs. Swinney's class finds that 21/100 of the school prefers x over y (contradictory information)

The question it seems to want the answer to is 7/10 plus 21/100, but its wording completely contradicts this.

>if you pray for your infection to get better, God will bless the bacteria with fecundity

got it

>Mrs. Herschberger's class found that 7/10 of the school would choose potatoes over tomatoes.
>If you combine both fractions, what fraction represents BOTH classrooms.
Is this school just 2 classrooms big? How could you make a fraction that represents two classrooms when the phrasing implies that the fractions represent the whole school? Or does "represents" mean something more meta? Like, it doesn't mean finding a fraction that describes the food preferences of the students, but a fraction that describes the classes that are trying to figure out the food preferences of the students.

TRUE! But you would also be true if you have answered otherwise, that's why common core is so great!

Were they yelling "You're not god, do your fucking homework" by any chance?