What is the scientific cure for laziness?

What is the scientific cure for laziness?

Even the simplest tasks like writing up a one-page paper take much longer than they should because I just keep getting distracted. It's like I have a magnetic aversion to exerting any sort of effort. How do I fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0moKyWoW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

suicide

Maybe try to think more long-term.

Interest, drive, goals, satisfaction. Often, BELIEF in the lie of the positive contribution in a profession; within a business or organization.
And writing is hard, which is why most people can't even punctuate or spell all their words correctly. Our writing also shows people who we are: and this can be scary for insecure people who can't "honestly" feel intelligent, adequate, secure.

Personally I believe that the main cause for what is called "laziness" is a wrong mindset. Hard working people focus on the task and not their well being. Meanwhile lazy people feel that if they don't feel like doing something they can allow themselves to rest. For driven people it doesn't matter if they feel like doing something or not. Of course all within reason as everyone needs some rest and leisure time.

Belief

What is willpower if not your belief in your ability to do something

Adderall?

meth

i tried meth but then ij ust ended up jacking off for 24 hours straight

A good video

youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0moKyWoW8

>that fucking thumbnail

Didn't even start the video. Already knew it was going to be shit.

You have to fight the desire to be lazy, none of the stuff actually takes that long is what you realize when you start doing it.

>judging by appearances

Not gonna make it.

>some dudebro motivational bait for normalfags

Yeah, not going to be a waste of time at all. Why would I watch that when I could be doing literally anything else?

sitting your ass down and start working. No other solution.

That face when I once locked myself in a room without anything except my homework and the relevant resources on hand for three hours. It was a good nap.

>take the materialist model to heart
>degrade yourself for a few years with pointless vices to silence your humanity
>develop an ego
>its only purpose is self-sustenance
>acquire fear of death due to the transgressions you have committed
>get on the hedonistic treadmill of inane object acquisition
>continue until death

Side effects may include: purgatory, hell, damnation.

You let life fuck you in the ass. I Coasted by high school taking science and math AP's with B's and got 5's across the board. Came in with 48 Credits but still failed out of college and now have a 3.91 at my new school studying maths. Laziness is not an option for me anymore.
OR
just get that stupid lazy mindset out of ur head and get ur shit done before it all catches up to you.

Tell yourself how important what you need to do is relative to how trival and unproductive whatever distracting you is. Use this basis to form good work ethic habits. It may take several months of consistant effort in this to break your habit of laziness.
Or you cpuld whine to yohr doctor and get prescribed a highly addictive and neurologically devistating amphetamine.

>implying it was a mistake

t. OP

I think I'm gonna try this

this and only this.

I'm literally trying this and it somehow works at least for now.

Meditation.

It 'works out' the 'muscle' in your mind that handles doing what you intend to do. Specifically I mean mindfulness meditation, which is simply sitting still and focusing on your breath alone. Whenever you start thinking verbally just stay relaxed and start focusing on your breath again, rinse repeat. Do this for 5 minutes a day at least (set an alarm so you don't have it on your mind) and then increase to 10, 20, 40, at that point you might wanna explore more specific types of meditation in order to benefit specific aspects of yourself. In doing this you'll gain willpower which will be much more powerful than before. If you can happily sit fucking still doing absolutely nothing but witnessing your breath for an hour, than you can happily do pretty much any boring/repetitive/tedious task.

ur welcum

Rap music works for me.

I don't agree.

Sitting still for hours is relaxing and comfortable. Doing anything that requires some sort of effort is not.

Stop letting poison into your body.
Feel healthier
Do more
Tasks easier
Become not depressed.
Just a few of the great things but the task is difficult

Thanks. This was actually pretty good.

Honestly? 2 solutions, both of which may or may not work to varying degrees.

One is habit. The other is drugs

Laziness has a huge genetic component, just like intelligence.

>Laziness has a huge genetic component, just like intelligence.
[citation needed]

I can speak for experience in my family, I'm genetically lazy.

Sorry OP, but you've been wormed.

Not science or math but college related post.

How much time do you spend on girls ? Do you have a girlfriend ? Do you think girls are a waste of time ? Do you keep getting shit grades for them pussy ? Is MGTOW a meme ?

kek i pressed reply instead of new post

All of the academics and researchers I know have wives (with one exception who has been with his girlfriend for the last 10 years). I'm a PhD student at a top 10 school so these are people near the top of the game. So I think its safe to say MGTOW is a meme that only the most retarded people will fall for.

Laziness is a natural mechanism to reduce energy consume.
Your brain is a bitch.
If you have your needs filled, why would you want to write some shit?

you're so lazy that you managed to even be more of a lazy person by blaming your laziness on genetics

It helps you
1) solve the internal issues that make you lazy or that make you want to delay getting started
2) realize in the moment that the effort you exert while working that makes you tired and want to be lazy, really takes no effort at all when you work mindfully.
3) a great deal of effective practice staying focused on a single thing

Its honestly enormously helpful.

The simple answer is that there is no scientific "cure", only improving yourself gradually, shifting some priorities and maybe isolating yourself from distractions. The general good advice you get from people that has worked for them is the same shit you would get from a psychologist. Everyone's different, find what's worked for others and implement some trial and error to find what works for you. Also, keep a positive attitude. The difference between saying "I can't do (x)" and "it's difficult for me to do (x)" in your mind is HUGE. I can't stress that enough. If you assume you will fail from the beginning, you will fail; it's a self fulfilling prophecy. If you assume you will succeed, it works the same way. Yes, there's limitations, you can't just rule the world because you think you can, but you can definitely finish more than a one page paper with an attitude adjustment.

At the end of the day, it's you that needs to change yourself: nobody can tell you how to succeed if you don't believe that anything will work.