What's the best way to keep my brain sharp all the time...

What's the best way to keep my brain sharp all the time? I don't want to get dumb over time because i know with the brain it's kind of use it or lose it. I try to solve all kinds of puzzles but that just doesn't do it ? I feel i used to be a lot smarter and I just keep getting dumber over time? How do i stop this????

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0xc3XdOiGGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Same problem, op. How old are you? Do you work or study?

Do cardio everyday
Eat a diverse diet, careful with the saturated fats
Don't hit your head
Engage in mentally challenging activities every day
Stop ageing past 23-24

31, i finished studies , currently working a job that really doesn't require you to think , and it's very repetitive

>don't hit your head
So will sparring make me a brainlet?

Proper sleeping habits
Proper dietary habits
Dual 'n' Back practice

Maybe, but maybe it's worth it. After all your brain is there to optimize the chances of having an offspring, not the chances of winning a nobel prize.

Brain Age

I was wondering that too, but most studies show that @ least in amateur boxing it's no biggie

Read a variety of literature and apply what you learn to real world problems
Copious amounts of psychedelic drugs in your brain, frequently

The rest of these fools dont have much of an idea about using your nogin.

1.) Take Creatine sports supplements, this has been proven to help the brain grow. This equates to eating creatine most days a week will result in a better brain as you age into your 60s-70s.
2.) Learn Critical thinking or Mathematics or both if your really shiny. Apply each every day either by working maths problems, or analysing articles from magazines.
3.) Read thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman. Its a good book.
4.) Even though i am sceptical of this one, consuming caffeine has been shown to improve attention with almost no downsides. (at least not ones measurable within the scope of a few year long caffeine experimental papers)
5.) Moderate exercise. Just good in every way for every thing.
6.) Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=0xc3XdOiGGI
TL:DR breathing irregularly confuses the frontal lobe, so breath regularly whenever the pressure is on. Exercise and or Meditation helps practice this for when you need it.

Thats all i can think of for now. I suppose i could also mention buying a nintendo 3DS and doing the various puzzle games on it whenever your travelling maximising your brain run time. But thats just to taste really. I personally like to spend about 50% of my brain run time being creative rather than simply running sums through it. I view this as another important part of the brain, so you might want to do that too.

>stop ageing past 23-24
What most of you don't understand is that the brain start to show great changes from 60+.

My father who is 65+ native/white is still gaining money from an algorythm he developed for bets, everyday.

But it's surely important to live healthy so your brain doesn't get poisoned.

IF you "stop," you're dead. We're always moving.

You can't "stop" degradation. But you can slow it down. You can even prosper from a temporary reprieve (look 5 or 10 years younger) if you give up toxic chems you're putting on/in your body. I gave up the deodorant scam and a kidney-bean-sized lump under my armpit went away in "two weeks." It was likely only fat (not cancer) but it could have been cancer so I'm grateful it's gone. It was stressful. Lots of women are getting breast cancer because of deodorant but instead of giving up smelling pretty they have their breasts cut off. Can't blame them. They've been gasoline sniffers--sniffers of perfume--since they were teens: stoned on fumes.

You need to learn with an open mind in a wide range of disciplines/subjects. If you continue to learn, rather than stagnating as people with dementia and Alzheimer's, you need to use it [and grow continuously] or lose it (degrade). Games will not help. Reading a dictionary for six months and memorizing 600 word definitions was far more enlightening than a bunch of stupid crossword puzzles/games. All you can learn from games is that they're a waste of time, effort and attention.

If you trust in science--cause and effect--you should read up on the nutrients (especially glucose) your brain needs. If you eat fructose all the time, as all fat people do, you can expect your brain to be as sluggish as your body. Fat people are very sluggish and slow: in severe cases, some of them don't go to the washroom (instead they defecate/urinate in their recliner).
If you read enough books on nutrition (by a bunch of different biased authors) you will see which of them are bullshitting.
There's lots of scammers selling you their "no effort" rewards; their "special" food. Even doctors and chemistry experts are confused because they're narrow-minded. They believed everything their teachers preached.

dextroamphetamines.
a lot of them.

exercise and play challenging video games

not a lot of them actually
therapuetic doses have been shown to be potent enough to better working memory in cases of deficiency without the adverse effects found at higher doses

This honestly scares the crap out of me

When I was a teenager we used to live next to this engineer who'd build random shit.
Dude went to work then came home and started working on his own projects.
He built a plastic boat, engines out of random household things, and he even built a friend and I our own go karts.

He ended up getting Alzheimer's disease and the last time I visited him, he couldn't recognize me.
He has to be spoon fed and he shits his pants now

That's my old PC. Compaq something with JBL speakers.

>3ds
Don't listen to this autist.

Fugggg
>20 gb memory
>1.2ghz
>windows 98
>playing starcraft broodwar online
>friends and I are playing a 3v3 on BGH
>lag hits, wtf!
>mom walks in on the phone and says "hun your grandma called, want to speak to her?"
>mfw grandma killed my game

Tell me more about this

Bump

Thats why you eat a lot of fat and engage in dangerous activities after your son/daughter turns 20. This way you either has a fast painful death or let your heart kill you.