Red pill me on Marie Curie

Red pill me on Marie Curie.
Should feminists actually feel proud about her?

no
they had nothing to do with her achievement and cannot take credit for it

but judging by your question, you most likely dislike this sort of answer

she would bitchslap every single one of them for attempting to associate themselves with her through the possession of ovaries, after taking gender studies instead of STEM

>Red pill me
gtfo pill-popping /pol/esmoker

>Red pill me on Marie Curie.
She is a meme on the same level as einstein. Derivative work that people already knew about, but placed on a pedestal for propaganda.

First of all, she wasn't French, she was Polish. So no

/Thread

>propaganda
with what purpose

no tinfoils allowed

>while people can list for hour names of man with great achievements in science or who won nobel prize there's only one Curie I can mention
oh yeah, that's something to be proud about.
Feminists should rather stay quiet than talk about Curie, because what they're saying is basically "only one woman in entire history achieved something ", which doesn't really support case of sex equality

It's anecdotal evidence

It's saying women theoritally CAN achieve things, even though most don't, because of "some reason"

Nobody have said anything about her nationality, and what her being pollack have to do with whether feminists can be proud about her or not?
jebany wykopku
jeszcze zbóldup o polskie obozy koncentracyjne smieciu

But it's the same like with dogs or monkeys who can draw or count, there was one specimen able to do that but the rest of them can't. Not the best argument to advance the feminist cause

Women kangz.

There have been next to no women of merit throughout history, let alone science. So in an effort to legitimize their world view, some people emphasize (and/or lie about/twist) the achievements of women.

There is a reason why you rarely hear about the women who made legitimate/notable contributions. It's because they are contributions of minor impact.
Meme figures rule the science landscape. The memes (mostly) made legitimate contributions, but the importance of the contributions are massively ballooned.

Basically, you expect the contributions of meme figures to be over-emphasized, but the level of over-emphasis of meme woman, combined with there being just one makes it overt.

I'd like for there to be more praise of non-meme figures who made more important/notable contributions other that tesla. I want there to be praise of gauss, pasteur, haber, bessemer, czochralski, kroll, etc.

The only non-meme women I know are pitiful, like labtech woman who 'discovered' kevlar, 'mother of computer science' (complete bullshit) who made a math algorithm and suggested that an existing algorithm could be used for a practical purpose, and woman paleontologist who didn't have a degree but made legitimate contributions.

The amateur paleotologist is the most legitimate out of all of those... Women have done nothing of note for science.

>>>tl;dr
>with what purpose?
Some people feel the need to mesh reality and their world view at the cost of reality in order to maintain their delusions.

>Men have contributed the most to science, so it's impossible that a single woman could have contributed anything to science

Pretty ignorant desu

There'd also be an increase in scientific contributions by women in the past centuries if women would have been treated less like the generic housewife etc

Bell *clap* curve.

Women are genetically predisposed to mediocrity.

Okay so you've explained a hypothetical why, but still no what. How exactly are what she has accomplished not legit?

I'm not trying claim it wasn't legitimate, just that the importance of the contribution is overstated.
You don't hear about the curieS or the other lad that won the prize with them.

>The only non-meme women I know are pitiful
That's kinda on you being ignorant of people like Emmy Noether and Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin

Evidence?

She was French. Get over it polacks

Pierre Curie and Marie Curie both earned a nobel prize for their ground breaking work on the subject of radioactivity. How is that overstated?

They're always mentioned together, the reason you only remember Marie Curie is because it's rare for a woman to earn a nobel prize of, not for men. That's probably why Pierre Curie didn't stick with you.

They're /always/ mentioned together

sage this /pol/ shit.

>There is a reason why you rarely hear about the women who made legitimate/notable contributions. It's because they are contributions of minor impact.
ever heard of Barbara McClintock? we couldn't do genetics without her work.

No one EVER mentions Emmy Noether. But she was unequivocally, without-a-doubt brilliant. Significant contributions to ring theory and physics as well (see Noether's theorem).

Fucking normies. Fucking feminists.

>That's kinda on you being ignorant of people like Emmy Noether and Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin
Yes.

>Evidence?
Do I have to go about the effort of an actual source, or is explaining it good enough?
The intelligence of women tends to cluster around their mean, while the intelligence of men is more widely distributed.
The effect is that you get more genius men (and more idiot men) than women, and more average women than men.

Normies/idiots tend not to break new ground or make important contributions.

>They're always mentioned together, the reason you only remember Marie Curie is because it's rare for a woman to earn a nobel prize of, not for men. That's probably why Pierre Curie didn't stick with you.
Ooor maybe because he was run down by a cart in 1906, meaning he wasn't around for a lot of the interesting follow-up work, including the actual isolation of radium that won Marie her second Nobel.
They were both notable chemists, but she had a greater body of work (and also serves as a lurid cautionary tale about the danger of radioactivity, since she lived long enough to die of chronic exposure).

In all seriousness there's a cool book called "Radioactive: Marie & Pierre Curie, A Tale of Love and Fallout" about the Curies. It's pretty interesting, mixes (accurate and informative) popsci, and has a cool art style.

>How is that overstated?
My B. What I meant is that the contribution is overstated. You often hear memes about her discovering radiation or being the mother of nuclear science. The actual contribution is legitimate.

>They're /always/ mentioned together
I disagree.

>the reason you only remember Marie Curie
Yes, attention is brought specifically (and often exclusively) to her.
>That's probably why Pierre Curie didn't stick with you.
Or... because he was never mentioned. (inb4 anecdotal, and yes.)

>Ooor maybe because he was run down by a cart in 1906, meaning he wasn't around for a lot of the interesting follow-up work, including the actual isolation of radium that won Marie her second Nobel.
>They were both notable chemists, but she had a greater body of work (and also serves as a lurid cautionary tale about the danger of radioactivity, since she lived long enough to die of chronic exposure).
This.

she was actually murdered/poisoned by secrete jewish agencies with the purpose of martyrizing her in an attempt to spread feminism among europeans. luckily white men back then were still intelligent an up on jewish trickery so this plan never took off and she's mostly forgotten

I'm torn, because I know that kikes actively participate/d in subversion for communism, however I'm not convinced that they did/do so for other purposes. But based on what happened with einstein, it sounds pretty real...

Citation?

Marie Curie, wife of Pierre Curie.

Marie Curie was just the assistant of Pierre Curie.

Pierre Curie deserved the Nobel Prize alone.

He did the most of the work & discoveries. She only assisted.

Pierre Curie is the real Genius. Marie Currie is just His Brainlet assistant.

She married a french guy

Pierre Curie was a total nobody. He was her assistant if anything. Lol what a loser of a no-penis man

Have you ever seen that famous photograph of the most important physicists and scientists of the period? It includes Einstein and Marie, but not Pierre.

/pol/ memes don't work here. (Also, that was intended to get this specific reaction from you)

oh wow (((einstein))) the cousin fucker himself was in that picture

Are you implying Einstein was JEWISH???

Maths is sexist, racist and overall oppressive, so Noether by contributing maths contributed to oppression and white male dominance

Yes and No

Marie Curie pursued her career in a different country despite knowing her parents were not only in poor health but her home country was in a questionable state. Which was an act most women back then and even now would not do.

Although unlike feminists she didn't treat men or her husband with disdain. Despite the men back then in academia were probably more leery of females in science.

>'mother of computer science'
What?