Describe the worst professor you ever had

Describe the worst professor you ever had.

you wouldn't believe it anyway

>High School Biology
Teacher was unfuckingbelievably left wing biased. She had fucking "wage gap" related signs and shit plastered all over her classroom. Single strictest teacher I've ever seen, wasn't strict as in actual learning, she just hated children. Would spend multiple class periods talking about how great her environmental work is. One of her assignments was literally to go outside and pick up garbage and another was to go into the desert to gather plants and spend weeks drying and pressing them, except if it was a non-native plant she'd toss it out and you had no way of knowing if the plant was native or not. She spent huge amounts of time shilling her ecology class and made impressionable kids watch super biased vegetarian/environmentalist shit. She was also the sex ed teacher and required everyone to have fake gay sex for an aids demonstration, I backed out and I was the only one with aids because she gave me the aids cup. I went from fucking hardcore die hard democrat to full 1488 in one fucking school year thanks to her.

>High School Pottery
Unironically named Mr. Waddles, looked like a fucking lanky pug. Outright hated students, was full of arbitrary rules that made zero fucking sense. Once accused me of cheating because I studied for a test and got all the answers right. He spoke entirely in catchphrases and would unironically start rapping in class. At that point I just stopped caring so I made all my clay into dinosaurs, which he threw away and started sitting next to the door because he would wait 30 seconds to let everyone out after the bell rang without fail. He'd send me into a nearby teacher's class who was really fucking cool. Finally got to switch out after he gave me a referral for eating beef jerky in class. I know it sounds like I was being a little shit but this was just after the biology teacher and I was just couldn't deal with that shit for another year.

Post high school has been completely fine, just have to check on the teacher

I wish I was based enough to fart in front of students.

user pls, you can't just leave it at that.

If we're going to consider high school teachers "professors" then my high school gym teacher is a good one. She also taught us "health" in which she told us hypertension is a leading cause of death. Not really that big of a deal until she explained hypertension is when you don't stretch enough and your muscles get all contracted and you can't move and then you die. She recommended preventing this by making sure we stretch everyday.

She also told us TV caused cancer. Literally said the radiation from the TV beamed cancer into you. As well as told us marijuana causes vivid hallucinations which would lead to you dying by jumping off a roof or something.

Great teacher.

>I backed out and I was the only one with aids because she gave me the aids cup

fucking kek, where in the hell was your high school?

A very beautiful but run down rural town in southern california. She was the only teacher like that but she was friends with the principal and my mom so I couldn't do anything. I stopped talking to my mom for over a year because of that shit.

The fucking physics II professor gave me a fucking terrible ( C-) grade because I HAVE NOT FUCKING DRAWN the fucking physical system THAT WAS ALREADY PRINTED ON FUCKING EXAM PAPER.

He expected to everyone draw the figure with the answer below it
Why? Who the fuck knows

And when I mean draw, its really draw, not a sketch.

ratemyprofessor is usually a bunch of brainlets complaining about a professor being shit because of their bad grade...but the one professor I had that was actually was because he was legit gone 2 weeks at a time, 4 times throughout the semester working with Boeing for something and 2/7 problems on the final were topics covered 1 day before with no practice problems

A Russian guy who was in the Math department for 30 years. 3 times he was 14 minutes late to class ( after 15 the lecture is forfeit ). It was because he forgot where the room was ( reminder he was in the department for 30 years ). His lectures were incomprehensible, very scattered thinking and forgetful. I honestly think he had dementia. Good thing the class was piss easy. I wrote on my review to give him a nice retirement early and that I was genuinely concerned for his deteriorating mental state.

I had a TA who I knew for a fact didn't read any of my lab papers. I was a horrible writer and didn't organize my lab reports well at all and he still gave me high Bs for some reason. Only real thing he corrected was my spelling which was odd because he could spot my spelling but not my awful structure and everything else. In the middle of the year we had an NMR experiment and he accidentally dropped a sample into the NMR on top of another sample smashing them both and spreading deuterated sugar all over the inside. The lab services guy who was a prominent hot head yelled and screamed for weeks because he kept seeing sugar on the NMR no matter how hard he scrubbed and no matter what solvent he used to try and clean it.

at community college
a indian CPA teaching accounting 101

thick accent
quick to anger
couldn't answer any questions
used the book's lecture slides to a tee, no more
taught nothing
quick to anger
mumbled
didn't know accounting groundwords -- bookkeeping

I've had Romanian physics professors and Chinese math professors. I've never been more upset at someone.

It's hard to pick just one:
Intro CS professor
>gone for 7 of the 15 weeks on vacations
>spent most of the first lecture each week talking about the vacation he just came back from
>used lecture slides from 2003 he took from some other professor
>had a Korean TA who laughed at students when they had questions
Spanish 301 professor
>native speaker from Venezuela but really only knows common Spanish instead of formal Spanish
>comes into class likely drunk, wearing sunglasses that take up her entire face, and wears scarves while holding Starbucks and lecturing in broken English
>working on her PhD (somehow) so she constantly cancels classes or is late
Economics 101 "professor"
>just some fucking grad student teaching over the summer
>starts lecture stumbling through poorly planned slides
>starts talking about the THREE (3) factors of production
>African med student starts correcting him
>break after 90 minutes since it's a 3 hour class
>tell other people in the hall this is bullshit and I'm leaving
>drop class
ECE 101
>professor speaks decent enough English
>TA is some Indian grad student
>mumbles in utterly broken English
>rushes through lab instructions at sanic speeds, no one has a clue what's going on
>gets mad at questions he thinks are basic
>incredibly obvious he doesn't want to be there

>community college
thats like going to McDonalds and expecting a full course meal

I once had a pajeet prof whose method of "lecturing" was to ask if anybody had any questions about the textbook. If nobody had questions he spent the entire lecture (I do mean the ENTIRE lecture) ranting about how irresponsible students were for not reading the book before coming to class. Not once did he actually give anything resembling a normal lesson.

Seems efficient. Read the book at home then ask questions about it in class. Better than having your prof just tell you shit that's in the book anyway.

My grade 10 science teacher never taught us shit. Every class he'd just tell stupid stories about his go karting career, or how his kids once almost burnt his house down trying to grow pot. Also, he kept his dog in his classroom, which was pretty cool, until someone complained and he had to stop bringing his dog. Noone did well in his class.

Why couldn't any of the review authors spell 'burp' properly?

>burgers

>She also told us TV caused cancer. Literally said the radiation from the TV beamed cancer into you.
>what is CRT

Prof Merkel. The guy had verbal diarrhea. He'd drink a litre of coffee then spend two hours talking about inane shit like his kids and boats. He took attendance and failed anyone who missed more than three classes so we had no choice but listen to this asshat go on about every boring detail of his life like they were the most amazing things ever. Some days he didn't even spend ten minutes on the course material. Worst of all was having him as a lab instructor. We'd have ten minutes to get an hour long lab completed because we couldn't start until he had finished talking. He also did some stupid shit like asking for feedback on assignments and exams then deducting points for negative feedback. He started a student club and explicitly stated he'd raise anyone who signed up a letter grade. On one of his exams we had to write an essay on why we deserved to pass the course.

I believe he was pulled out of teaching and shoved in a closet somewhere eventually. The Dean was aware the guy was terrible.

My medical lecturers are meant to be professional adults but start almost every lecture with "lol drumpf two scoops".

> fake gay sex for an aids demonstration, I backed out and I was the only one with aids because she gave me the aids cup.

Jesus christ

Stealing Veeky Forums jokes. Wew lad.

>stealing Veeky Forums jokes
>on Veeky Forums

Fucking MOngoLoids CAN't fucking spell

>>had a Korean TA who laughed at students when they had questions
fucking kek

ITT: poor students

I've never been to university, but the worst teacher I ever had was back in primary school. We had her for about 2 hours a week while my usual teacher did god knows what.

Loud and obese, the typical ugly woman. A complete pig. Played favourites with the girls that acted nice to her. She was strict and had made rules for her class as she went along. One moment she asked the class to describe the physical characterises of black people, but then called them a racist for answering. She threatened to suspend me for gliding the end of a pen over a PC tower after sending me to the back of the room for not efficiently doing my work.

She would also always play her opera songs through speakers at the front of the small classroom. You could measure the loudness alone by the number of students looking in as they passed the classroom.

She apparently had dozens of parent complaints every month. It was playground gossip of when she'll be fired. Not one student liked her, even those stereotypical overly academic kids did.

I'm glad that I didn't have her as my full time teacher. She was a bitch plain and simple.

I checked earlier this year and she is still teaching.

High School chem teacher

She never taught fucking shit. She used her class hours to discuss the teenage problems of the students. Her objective was being liked by the teenagers she was supposed to teach to. We went on class trips and she caught the cool kids with booze and weed and didn't do anything. She wanted to be "hip and cool" since she was bullied on her teenage years for being fat and ugly

She went around tests giving the answers to the students she liked since she knew no one learnt shit on her classes so the school wouldn't kick her.

She also was an asshole to one class for no reason, gave them impossible tests and was a shit person all around.

U got the # for ur teachers weed plug?

>backed out of faking gay sex
So teenage you didnt want to fake hump your friends and make loud obnoxious sex noises while looking at the qt girls? The supressed homosexuality is strong with you

>had a Korean TA who laughed at students when they had questions

My sides.

ASSOCIATE professor
Teaching multivariable
Read from the book in class
Couldn't do example problems
Students constantly correcting him
Most of the class got sick of it, turned in the hw and left immediately.
Professor made rule you had to turn in at end. We all gave our hw to the one guy that actually stayed. No repercussions.

I'm lucky enough that the worst college professor I ever had was somebody who was nice and meant well, but was just really bad at explaining shit. This was an american-born chinese guy who taught upper level probability & statistics. He was basically just there to grade our exams; the book taught the course (he wrote the book, it wasn't great).

I had a high school E.L.A. teacher who was basically a black panther wannabe who didn't DIRECTLY grade down white students and males, but she would certainly give you a bad grade if you disagreed with her political opinions, which would seem extreme SJW by today's standards, even though I was in this course in about 2002, so I don't know how she kept her job. It was very hard not to disagree with her political opinions if you weren't the right demographic, because the course was basically designed to make you feel bad...

The capitalist in me would have started a service of waiting for the rest of the lecture for other students in exchange for $1. Could make a hefty $50 an hour in a class of 50 students if they all become clients. Maybe even take pictures and send to each client to be professional by ensuring the task is done. That's a better wage per hour than anything a college student could expect, and I could spend it shitposting on Veeky Forums and then use the money for beer and vodka. baka that nobody else thought of this idea

Philosophy teacher, probably

>Philosophy

Guy would always go off a tangent that lasted for at least half an hour, max 2 hours since that was when we had a break. He was a homosexual, which is fine, but he plastered 'Some people are gay, get over it.' posters all over the school which served to have the actual gay kids be bullied even more about.

Any time you'd say gay, even in just a kid jokey way, he'd stop whatever he was doing to have a rant about gay rights and so on. It became a joke eventually, and we'd intentionally try to set him off on a tirade, even just by asking stuff related to Philosophy.

Think Jordan Peterson, and how he goes off on one and forgets questions. That, but the fella said nothing of worth and would go in depth about how he enjoys writing wikipedia articles. Learnt absolutely nothing in his class,although he was quite a friendly guy. Failed the class and am doing Engineering now, still interested in Philo though.

>This was an american-born chinese guy who taught upper level probability & statistics
Funny, I had a professor exactly like this as well who was pretty terrible at explaining. The lecture notes were good though.

My intro to psychology prof. It was an elective I thought was going to be easy.
She spent a good 2 months of the semester just going on about Freud. Didn't learn anything about the guy, since she would start teaching then just complain about how dumb his concepts were. Don't even get me started on her multiple lectures about how Freud was addicted to sex.
She would often get distracted by what students were doing in class too
>she notices kid chewing gum
>you must still have the oral-desire from your toddler days. let us discuss it in front of the class
>notice another kid constantly checking his phone
>you must have an attachment issue

She spent another 2-3 lectures just to complain about how university kids dress these days, about how our appearance indicated how much effort we put into our studies/lives and such.
At this point, we were way behind the rest of the psych courses being taught, probably behind by 9 weeks.
She then suddenly left one day 2 weeks before the final. Never saw her again.

Our emergency replacement was amazing though. He was able to teach us a whole semester worth of psychology in just 4 classes. He acted out every symptom of as many mental illnesses he could. He was probably mental himself.

>hardcore die hard democrat to full 1488
How weak-minded

It's grade 10 mate no one gives a fuck, they're meant to be fun classes.

>180 on political views because of a retard extremist
I am not surprised you identify as a conservative, go ahead and stay there

Miss Emel. She was one hell of a teacher. I felt as if I was in the army rather than a classroom. Way she spoke to us and treated us was pretty harsh. I felt like she was going to kill me every time she asked me a question.(thank god she only asked me like 5 the entire year.). One single mistake while solving her equations and you would never hear the end of it. She was a medium build,fake blonde with blue eyes. I'm just glad she left after 1 year because dear god was it a fucking horror movie.

My Inorganic Chemistry teacher is a complete idiot regarding time management
he wastes around 35% of every class (I actually timed it once) writing headlines, drawing graphs/images or other completely trivial stuff that could be shoved in slides instead.
He says he doesn't use slides because they take away student focus. While he has a point, it's still better than what he does. He literally can't explain anything because he doesn't finish any of his thought processes.
That class consisted of me noting down book chapters so I could actually learn at home.

>Doing undergraduate nuclear physics research
>Supervisor/Prof asks that I take out points of our data until it forms a smooth curve in excel
>Put said smooth curve over original data and allows us to look for peaks in our data
>Think about what he just said to me for a good 5minutes
>Prof doesnt understand how to polynomial fit

whew, pic is what he had in mind before I explained that we could use origin instead

I get that, but it sucked when half my friends had to go to summer school cause of it.

this is the problem with modern educators.
they get to involved with student personal lives and general school drama.
we need some better educators that have an unbiased view on their students and focus on making sure these kids know the material.
not fucking mongoloids like you described

I had a christian biology teacher who was super fucking passive agressive about basically everything he teached and would pass some retarded fake studies about DNA spelling the name YAHWEH. Like, really? Why the fuck did he became a teacher?

I had one prof who was incredibly slow with board usage. He would say something in words and then write everything down very carefully, like entire sentences rather than just key points or equations or something. Meant the course was pretty slow but on the other hand the lectures were relaxed as hell and all the material was crystal clear, so I don't know if it was a good thing or not.

>Nuclear Physics
>the whole lecture (90min) was just 100+ powerpoint slides filled with formulas and some confusing diagrams
>didn't learn a thing

Wait the pic is obviously of the BEST professor that any of these kids ever had...

>birp

I'd rather completely learn something slowly than quickly learn bits and pieces of it

>complains about freud
>teaches freud tier pop psych
Lol

Had a circuits 2 professor that spent the first 40 minutes talking about teaching philosophy and the last 10 minutes trying to cram a lecture.

I failed the class.

Eventually I learned to just not show up to lectures at my university and just read the book and do the homework, got plenty of A's doing that.

Shit, I had a geometry teacher in highschool who busted ass in class. Lifted his leg and everything. He took one of my chocolate bars once too, and gave it to a fat kid. Though I think that was because he knew the kid was nice enough to give it back after class, overall he was a pretty good instructor.

It's a joke you moron, stop getting assblasted because you're a liberal faggot.

it's spelled burb u dummy

>I went from fucking hardcore die hard democrat to full 1488 in one fucking school year thanks to her.

This is what happened to me after I attempted and Africana Studies Minor in college. Scared me to the point where I voted Trump and jerked off to the collective liberal outrage for weeks after the election in a spiteful and sadistic frenzy.

I had an accounting professor who was really bad. She yelled at me. I used to be a Bernie supporting hippie, but after that I decided to go kill tens of thousands of gypsies.

My current online physics professor is a nightmare. As a preface, I am horrible at algebra, but somehow got an A in Calc I, so I'm not completely inept.

He doesn't prepare any sort of lecture/notes/slides or anything for us. His idea of teaching is to assign us with 2 online discussions and labs a week, which as long as you submit something, you get a 100 on. Then, there are 2 50-90 question practice quizzes straight from test banks that take me between 1 and 4 hours to do each, and I haven't gotten above a 60 on them. The real quizzes are 10 questions taken from the practice, but they are always the hardest questions, and my average on them is a 65.

I'm about to bomb by 3.9 GPA as a senior, and pretty much ruin my chances of going to a decent grad school because of this fucking idiot.

Advanced modeling professor in grad school. Guy was a major jackass.

>Accomplished in his field and smug about it
>Shits on students who ask questions he feels are dumb, which in his opinion are most of them
>Goes through math super fast, doesn't show multiple steps, says it's the students job to figure it out for themselves
>Hard as fuck homework assignments that he won't give real solutions for (he does the first few steps and says "oh the rest is simple")
>Midterms that kill the whole class, averages around 20-30%
>He teaches 4 classes in the chemical engineering department, every class has scores between 20-30% on his midterms for over two decades now
>After every bad midterm he screams at the class about how terrible they are and if they don't improve he will fail everyone
>He's a major Iranian nationalist, often goes on tangents about Iranian politics and how much he hates America for backing the Shah
>Blatantly ignores any student who isn't Persian
>Department knows he's hated but no one else wants to teach his classes

Had to take a modeling class and 3 transport classes (fluids, heat, mass) with this asshole.

Oh I forgot

>If he finds out you miss a class he will dock your grade by one letter
>This policy is especially stupid because all his classes are recorded and posted on uni website so if you miss a class for whatever reason you can just watch it later
>His grade docking policy is also not supported by the department, but he does it anyway
>You can take it to the department and fight him on it, and you will win, but then you still have to take classes with him and he will hate you

So glad I dropped out of college and I don't have to associate with anyone that makes my stomach churn.

You can't bomb a 3.9 GPA at the end of senior year you retard. No wonder you said you're terrible at algebra. Assuming that you're getting As in the rest of the classes, the worst you can do is a 3.8, and that's assuming you fail the class.

>I voted Trump
hows that working out for you now smarty?

pretty good, since he won. how did your hillary vote turn out :^)

your great level of intelligence is why you almost minored in such a respectable field

I had the same kind of biology teacher.
I went full communism instead, though.

that well, huh?

3 times, 14 minutes, 15 lectures...
3.1415.... woah!!!

Top lel, with you libtards if someone becomes a conservative he's weak minded and if he was always one he's closed minded. Like sweden? Go ahead and stay there, just because you worship suffering doesn't mean we all do.

no barriers to entry means other people would try the same and you'd have to compete and lower the price

My calculus II professor was a weird fuck. 50% of the classes were about aliens, conspiracies and shit. And 25% were about how we were wasting time at college and that we should invest all our money in stocks. And of course, his class was terrible, always playing the harmonica and eating junk food. He always arrived to our classroom with sweat dropping from his clothes. According to him, he was a master of the ancient martial arts (actually just a black belt in Aikido, which is shit). He lost all our last exams so he decided to just give random notes to everyone. And I'm sure he shat his pants one time.

>invest all our money in stocks
you pretty much should.
Going into bitcoin is better though

Rafa?

If you read my post you would understand that I voted for him for short term goals (which he achieved before he became president) and for the most base of reasons.

If you think I went in to that voting both acting on my head than you are wrong. I voted out of pure spite and emotion. And I got what I voted for. So it worked out great.

Stony Brook?

I want to preface this by saying it was at UPenn, an Ivy League school. The professor here had a class that was supposed to be 4 hours long every Saturday, yeah Saturday. All we did in this class, ever, was count rocks and write the number of rocks down on a piece of paper and leave. He provided the pen, the paper, and the rocks. There was no textbook, no studying, no tests, no assignments, no lectures, nothing. This guy was a lazy piece of shit. In reality the average class time was about 20 minutes. Just 20 fucking minutes of showing up to class, being handed the rocks and paper and pen, counting and leaving. And we just talked among ourselves while we counted. We laughed and made small talk and jokes and that was it. Last day of class we watched a horror film that had nothing to do with anything. When the last class ended, prof didn't even say goodbye. We just said "ok professor...we're uhh leaving now....ok bye. thanks" and he put up his hand and shook it to signal "ok leave" without even looking at us and he just kept watching his horror film.

Shit was just called "Antropology in Action" or something. I swear to god. That professor did nothing, deserves to be fired. Fucking hell. Everybody got an A.

Is he a German, in New York?

Maybe I should just greentext this.
>at UPenn, an Ivy League school
>The professor here had a class that was supposed to be 4 hours long every Saturday, yeah Saturday
>All we did in this class, ever, was count rocks and write the number of rocks down on a piece of paper and leave.
>He provided the pen, the paper, and the rocks. There was no textbook, no studying, no tests, no assignments, no lectures, nothing
>guy was a lazy piece of shit
>In reality the average class time was about 20 minutes. Just 20 fucking minutes of showing up to class, being handed the rocks and paper and pen, counting and leaving.
>we just talked among ourselves while we counted. We laughed and made small talk and jokes and that was it.
> Last day of class we watched a horror film that had nothing to do with anything
>hen the last class ended, prof didn't even say goodbye. We just said "ok professor...we're uhh leaving now....ok bye. thanks" and he put up his hand and shook it to signal "ok leave" without even looking at us and he just kept watching his horror film.

Shit was just called "Antropology in Action" or something.

Tenured professor should have been fired.

worth it tbqh

I always hear about these ultra liberal professors that push their ideology on the students, but I've never encountered it in all of my high school years and 5 years of college. Closest ever was a bio professor that jokingly said that there are no "alternative facts" in her class.

I'd take that class desu, sounds fun
I love to be broadly and liberally educated

At least she isn't a law professor saying that.

One day your life will depend on the rock counting skills you learned in this class. You fucking watch.

Applied math professors are the worst.

We had a Polish guy like that in our department. Really tough exams and homework with completely unrealistic expectations (like expecting you to know the distance between major cities off the top of your head). He had really bad anger issues too, and would yell at the whole class and make them redo homework assignments. Almost everyone failed his classes, and he made it virtually impossible to get anything better than a C. The man was GPA poison. The department was at least smart enough to quarantine him from the calc and ordinary DEs classes.

Hmm here's some examples I've had of that:
I was a senior in college during the Trump election and took an intro psychology class with a bunch of freshman to fulfill some graduation requirement.

The psychology teacher fucking cried in front of us, saying things aren't fair, moved the midterms, and spent almost 2 whole lectures criticizing Trump supporters and degrading them as manic or something. I just left, sick of hearing his bullshit.

Science professors also canceled tests.

Bio professor in high school outright hated Republicans and was very vocal about it, saying things like "these are single celled bacteria...kind of like the Republicans" but almost every day.

And a government teacher in high school who was so conservative he told us to refer to taxes as "legalized theft" and had us watch movies about the "war on Christmas" and stuff like that.

I was a math major lol if there's one thing I could do, it was count.

I had a marxist philosophy 101 professor

>>had a Korean TA who laughed at students when they had questions
Lost.

My lab partner in botany freshman year was a huge Chad fratbro who grew weed. He was nearly retarded, and told me the only reason he sat near me was to cheat because I looked smart.

The female TA for that class had a huge womanboner for him, and it was completely obvious. I remember the final project, I slacked quite a bit, but he did even less work than me. I got a 90, he got a 100.

Not the worst story ever, but it caused me to see professors and TAs as being just as flawed as regular people. On the bright side, I made friends with this cool TA in my organic chem lab. You're awesome, Jordan.

"Logic and Critical Thinking" class as elective in college. Professor was a canadian liberal feminist who graded people by how much she agreed with their viewpoint, not how well formed their argument was. I wrote a paper supporting the death penalty; even though I made sure to cite sources and use reputable sources, she took points off based on her belief that statistics lie.

no he means like after 15 minutes the lecture would be forfeit so the prof would show up 1 min before

My high school history teacher was an ardent Communist. Her teaching was awfully biased and she flunked a Libertarian student after he had the temerity to oppose her on the subject of East Germany. Her having Karl Marx has her profile picture on Facebook ought've been a dead give away from the start.

He was studying you.

it's not the first I heard Chem teachers marking high. maybe you all have imposter syndrome

that's kinda sad i feel sorry for her

That makes a lot of sense.

right? what an ibiot