Tattoo

What kind of mathematically inspired tattoo would you get, if you had to get one? All I ever see are fibonacci sequences...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jcKRGpMiVTw
youtube.com/watch?v=sD0NjbwqlYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2+2=5

It's a running family joke.

I'd get P=NP on my forehead.

Does THIS.PNG count as math?

[math] \sum\limits_{n=1}^{\infty}n=-\frac{1}{12} [/math]
Right on the forehead

Well, no That's false.
As in, that's not actually a true statement.
That has been derived from the zeta function of -1, but the zeta function only works with numbers bigger than -1 as far as I can remember. It's actually ζ(-1)=-1/12
In the normal zeta function that would be 1+2+3+4+... into infinity, but like I said, the zeta function ζ(s) ONLY WORKS FOR s

Just watch the fucking video already:
youtube.com/watch?v=jcKRGpMiVTw

JUST AN ENTIRE BACK TATTOO OF A PROBLEM DOING COFACTOR EXPANSION OF A 6X6 MATRIX FINDING THE DETERMINANT

cringe
you don't know shit m8
it's called analytic continuation
it's the correct value for that sum

humans + tattoos = fag nigger losers

right on your fucking eyeball cockstain

This is great. Any other good snippets from his work?

This:

I suggest you actually watch the video before you say anything. Or any of the many others like it.
Or read up on it on wikipedia.
I frankly don't care which way you do it.

Anyway, just think about it, the sum of all natural number can't possible be even close to -1/12th. Yes, of course, ζ(-1) does equal -1/12th, this is because of said analytic continuation. Except like I said, the established formula for ζ(s) doesn't work with numbers higher or equal to -1. ζ(s)=1/1^s+2/1^s+... BUT ONLY FOR AN s EQUAL OR HIGHER THAN -1.
Of course, this would mean that ζ(-1) would give ζ(-1)=1+2+3+4+5+...
Thus giving the 'sum of all natural numbers'...
Which isn't possible.
Yadayadayadayada, I'm horrible at explaining this.
Just watch the fucking video already, he does know how to explain this shit.

I was in the same boat at you once, brainlet, just trust me on this one. Or preferably just do your fucking research, thanks. ^_^

Another one.

(This one is an actually good explanation.)

Yeah, I realised I fucked up some things in my explanation after looking over it a couple more times. I suggest you don't use my proof and just watch the fucking video. ^_^

So this is IUT theory, just by looking at its notation as an anzats I can say it has very deep meanings and applications hidden

>getting an IUT tattoo
Never get a tattoo if you don't know what it means.

My tattoo:

[eqn]\sum_{n=1}^\infty n\;\; \mbox{ diverges since the terms don't go to 0, piggot}[/eqn]

>[math]e^{ix}=1[/math]
Is that right?

>piggot

Oh shit you are back. You haven't posted in so long man. What happened?

I've been on Veeky Forums for a little while

>There's logarithms in this mess
So those are actually numbers?

What would you be doing in Veeky Forums? I thought you were a high IQ intellectual.

The formula of love

[math]\sum _{n=1}^{\infty}n^2[/math] diverges since the terms don't go to zero

We shall call this lemma "piggotposter's criterion". The theorem is that all infinite series diverge.

when you shitpost so hard you forget to quote

I'm also fat

Well, that explains a lot.

>piggot
Damn, I thought we were free of this cunt

Shouldn't your counterexample at least be a convergent series, pig-faggot?

What's the sexiest equation? Both in terms of relevant and aesthetics of the characters?

Euler's identity

You wish, piggot.

Says the piggot.

Not to mention the proof doesn't mean anything unless you prove that the taylor series for e^(ix) is uniformly convergent.

None. Tattoos are fucking disgusting.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

that's easy tho

the variable CAN be a number, in that case its the normal log, but its much more abstract than that giving you something that kind of acts like a log on other objects.

Hello piggot, you're back now?

The Kardashians don't like tattoos so you're in good company.

is this the nigger who refuses to explain anything and just publishes stuff nobody can read or reproduce, thus defeating much of the point of publishing in the first place?

If his work was as original and insightful as he seems to think, then it sort of makes sense that it's so difficult for others to understand. He may just have been that far ahead of everyone else.
If, however, it turns out it was just plain wrong or doesn't really say anything new, then it was a fuck up on his part either in the mathematics itself or the communication of it.
We won't really know either way for a while now until other mathematicians can get their heads around what his work actually means.

what's a piggot?